- 7+ years of experience in administering Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2008 R2 and 2012 versions.
- Hands on experience in installation, configuring and troubleshooting DNS, WINS and DHCP servers.
- Installing different types of roles and services as required in the environment like SCCM, File Server etc.
- Acting as on - call for intermittent issues in the network related to the servers and basic configuration of TCP/IP and knowledge in IP addressing.
- Experience in deploying and managing VMware vSphere servers in the network and troubleshooting.
- Good knowledge and experience in User Management, Disk Management and Storage Management.
- Expertise in Active Directory Setup and troubleshooting for any deleted objects and AD Recycle Bin.
- Experience in building both physical and virtual servers, planning, patching, version control and adding a DC to the network as and when required.
- Experience working with FSMO roles and transferring to the other DC’s as and when required
- Experience in using different monitoring tools and ticketing tools like BMC Remedy and ServiceNow.
- Experience achieving fault tolerance by creating different types of storage volumes like striped, spanned, mirrored, RAID-5, RAID-6, RAID 10, RAID 50
- Knowledge in implementation of FRS and DFSR for file replication.
- Knowledge in storage protocols like SAN, NAS, DAS, iSCSI, FC, NFS and products that use them.
- Experience in Microsoft Azure and AWS cloud and working knowledge in Amazon EC2 instances, S3 buckets and some AWS services.
- Deployment of Microsoft Group Policy and creating and using existing group policy templates.
- Experience in ITIL environment, Change management and Incident Management.
- Experience in Active Directory Domain Services and ADFS and ADRMS.
- Technical knowledge and working of current network hardware, protocols, and Internet standards, including TCP/IP, and DNS, WINS, LDAP, DHCP, IIS, FTP, Terminal Services/Remote Desktop.
- Worked with Integrating AWS directory service and Azure Active directory with the on-premise AD.
- Setting up ESX/ESXi hosts, Vsphere clients, vCenter server, Datastores mappings, VM/Template creation
- Install and Manage security and updates to the antivirus software on the server using SCCM
- Experience with Role based administration of SCCM & patch deployment using SCCM 2012
- Experience in configuring/managing IIS services, applications, hosted sites, certificates & directories.
- Good knowledge of administering Azure Infrastructure, Hybrid module. Created VM’s in Azure using PowerShell scripts
- Knowledge in KCC (Knowledge Consistency Checker) virtual environments like Citrix and Hyper-V.
- Experience administering users and groups and their access in Office 365.
- Experience in handling back up jobs and recovery in case of data loss and maintaining snapshots of VM’s.
- Hands-on experience with integrating Identity & Access Mgmt. systems like EmpowerID & IAM (AWS)
- Strong communication and people skills, both written and verbal. Able to assess and resolve issues quickly.
Cloud: VMware vSphere 4/5/6, Workstation 6 and 7, ESX Server 3x, 4x, 5x, 6 VMware Virtual Center Server 2x and 3x, VMware DRS, VMware Capacity Planner, VMware Converter 3.0, VMware Update Manager 1, VMware Virtual Desktop, Infrastructure VDM 2.0, VMware View, vCloud, AWS .
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2012/2008/2008 R2/2003 Windows Server 2000, Linux RHEL 4/5/6
Server Services: Windows server 2012/2008/2008 R2/2003, SQL Server 2000/2005, Microsoft Active Directory 2003/08/12, Microsoft Exchange 5.5, DHCP, DNS and WINS, DFS and FRS, Microsoft IIS.
Programming Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, PowerShell scripting.
Email Clients: Microsoft Outlook, Lotus Notes, Office 365
Confidential, San Antonio
Active Directory Engineer
- Administer and support Microsoft’s Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2008 R2 and 2012 Domain Controllers.
- Install and manage security reporting tools to monitor any Active Directory changes.
- Plan and manage all the migrations and upgrades related to Active Directory and Domain controllers.
- Implement Fine grained password policies and password management notifications for all accounts.
- Implemented replication of SYSVOL folder and manage replication using FRS and DFS.
- Implementing, installing, configuring and managing Windows 2008/2012 ADS, DNS, DHCP Server with client requirements.
- Working with Microsoft Azure, installing servers in cloud and promoting them as Domain controllers.
- Co-ordinate with end users and departments in configuring special applications to use Active Directory authentication.
- Setting up SQL server Fail Over cluster for Network Load Balancing of WSUS servers.
- Locally & remotely managing Microsoft Windows 2008/2012 Server issues fixing with in defined SLA.
- Created new users and user mailboxes in Active Directory and Exchange, and adjust access permissions in Exchange and on Windows File Servers.
- Daily support for domain accounts more than 50,000 including Service accounts and vendor accounts.
- Create and manage Organizational units, Security groups and apply Group policies in a multi-domain environment.
- Managing User access and management for Active Directory integrated users using Role based user provisioning with EmpowerID
- Administrative tasks which include creating shares, managing share permissions, delegating AD object permissions and managing groups and group memberships.
- Assisting installation of operating systems and perform triage to determine which issues need escalation to tier 2 staff.
- Monthly analysis of AD disabled user and computer accounts and audit reports with follow-up on deleting accounts.
- Managed the user accounts and computer accounts on Azure and AWS cloud Directory services integrated with the on-premise AD
- Cleaning stale and un-used objects.
- Providing documentation on all procedures from creating a user account to managing different AD Sites.
- Creating GPO scripts to be distributed to multiple OU’s or sites.
- Deploy Applications and software on the client machines using SCCM
- Configuring Firewall & Antivirus for security and making changes accordingly for different applications
- Administer SCCM server with respect to different roles a user is associated with.
- Implementation of Active Directory infrastructure and Network fundamentals, protocols (such as TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS), Group Policy and Profile Management.
- Conducting Weekly deck meetings with clients to discuss the maintenance, change requests, migrations, patches that are scheduled in the following week and plan accordingly to let users know about it.
- Pull bi-weekly reports to analyze the team’s performance over the period to meet the expectations and deadlines.
- Participate and contribute to in CAB Meetings.
- Administer the EC2 instances
- Participating in Disaster Recovery Management and make sure the environment works in case of a disaster or if systems are compromised.
- Work with stakeholders to identify and address weaknesses in the Change process (e.g. denied, failed and assisted, non-progressed and unmanaged change, issues raised at post incident and release reviews, etc.).
- Developing workarounds or other solutions to incidents and providing long term fix.
- Identifying and leading continuous improvements to ensure an efficient and effective Change process ensuring stability of Service.
- To manage, implement and deliver Global, regional & local ITIL (IT Quality) based process improvements.
- Directly processes Incident/Service Management reporting and data administration requirements via agreed best practice, formally adhering to the documented process.
Environment: Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008/2008 R2/2012/2012 R2, Windows 7/8/10 client operating systems, BMC Remedy, VMware ESXi, Microsoft Azure, Exchange Server, TSM, Active Directory, Remote Desktop Services, ADDS, ADFS, WSUS, DNS, DHCP, WINS, Office365.
Windows & AD Administrator
- Creating Incidents for alerts that occur on the monitoring tool and work on them to resolve it or escalate it to the next level to get the issue resolved depending on the priority of the ticket.
- Constantly monitor the health of the servers and act on it in case of an abnormality.
- Delegation of control to the users to access the network resources like printers, shared folders etc.
- Troubleshooting Active Directory issues and managing the backup and restore of AD database
- Granting access to users to logon to servers to access data, called Break the Envelope (BTE) and giving them the least set of privileges so that their work gets done and then revoke the access.
- Co-ordinate with other teams in the event of a major incident that affects business.
- Documenting the procedures and steps followed in migrations and produce reports on a daily basis and upload them on Sharepoint for future usage in troubleshooting problem tickets.
- Organize the Active Directory objects into different OU’s to reduce administrative overhead and create and apply group policies as required
- Managing disk spaces and contacting third parties in the event of hard-disk failures, hard-drive replacements like NetApp, EMC, and creating a change requirement for it.
- Configuration of DNS records and DHCP scopes, troubleshooting and addition of DHCP and DNS servers.
- Creating group policy templates for third party software installations on client systems.
- Achieving Disaster Recovery and Disaster Risk Reduction by creating strategies that maintain network connectivity.
- Upgrading the windows servers from R2 and Versions.
- Performing daily backups and restoring them whenever needed by running backup jobs timely.
- Configuration, Monitoring and Implementation of NetScaler Load Balancers to balance the network traffic to different physical servers.
- Deploy a variety of operating systems Using Windows Deployment Services (WDS) and update the operating systems using Windows Update Utility.
- Managed user accounts, groups, print queues and controlling access rights using Active Directory Password creation & resetting to end users through remote desktop.
- Providing Remote Support and administer network for internal and external clients using tools like Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection (RDP).
- Assigning NTFS and shared permissions to folders to limit the access to users to change or modify the contents of the folder.
- Apply software updates and OS patches to the client systems using SCCM.
- Setting up Disk quotas so that the memory usage is optimized.
- Addition of Additional Domain Controllers and Read Only Domain controllers and managing them.
- Installing and configuring Network Load balancing clusters to achieve scalability, high-availability and manageability.
- Configuring different deployment scenarios and installing WSUS server along with administering WSUS server to apply patches and run updates on any server in the domain.
- Involved in Managing, Installing, and Supporting Windows 2008/12 Servers, and VMware ESX Server 5.
- Analyzing and implementing OS patches and hot fixes as well as other OS configurations and updates using Blade Logic Patch Management tool.
Environment: Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Service Now, HP OMI, NNMI, xMatters, Mainframe Console, Lotus Notes, VMware VDI’s, Exchange Server, Group Policy, SCCM, HP SHM, WSUS, Sharepoint, Active Directory, Remote Desktop Services, ADDS Console, Work Load Control Center.
Production Support and Data Center Operator
- Creating Incidents for the alerts pertaining to different application servers that occur on the monitoring tools like HP OMI, Mainframe CA-7 and assigning to corresponding teams to resolve the issue.
- Monitoring Jobs and their status and get back to the respective application teams and co-coordinating with them in case of any abnormality.
- Executing scheduled and on demand tasks with different priorities related to jobs, accessing the server data, change requests (CRQ’s) and act accordingly in notifying the user about the status of each.
- Giving server access to the users (Break the Envelope) after successfully validating them via ACF2 Mainframe console, monitoring the mailbox, receiving calls from third-party vendors regarding storage replacements for EMC, NetApp and following the instructions.
- Handling Major Incidents with high or Critical priority that need immediate assistance and help teams get a resolution to it.
- Maintaining process flow in notifying, creating and resolving incidents and following up.
- Handle Tape recall requests and run pre-defined scripts during off-business hours or notify tape library team during business hours.
- Grant access to users to different servers called Windows BTE and revoke the access after a stipulated time
- Updating the Data Center calendar and notifying Data Center Security regarding the Vendor visit.
- Initiating OCC triage call in case of a major Incident that affects production and notify the Server teams and Network teams to take care of the issue.
- Managing storage spaces and storage pools whenever necessary.
- Pull the Data volumetric like incident reports, task reports of the team to analyze the performance overall.
- Take active part in presenting the shift handover to the client and discuss the issues and updates daily
- Check for Network Certificate expiration and notify Network teams to work on it.
- Checking Job status, execution history, frequency and duration of its run and accordingly contact Prod Control team for any critical Nightly Batch jobs.
- Maintain and review information about problems and the appropriate workarounds and resolutions for recurring issues.
- Incident Mgmt. Lifecycle: Incident Tracking & ownership, detection, classification and Initial support.
- Work closely with Capacity and Availability management teams and perform trend analysis to avoid reoccurrence of problems.
- Suspicion or detection of a cause of one or more incidents by the Service Desk, resulting in a Problem Record being raised.
- To manage, implement and deliver Global, regional & local ITIL (IT Quality) based KPI’s.
- Assisting Production support in running jobs and supporting the Application teams.
- Problem management through ticket logging, basic Troubleshooting and escalations to Service Desk L2.
- Assisting team in reaching target of 92% of all technical work tickets are closed within the customer specific SLA timeframe by providing incident support.
Environment: Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Service Now, HP OMI, NNMI, Cisco VOIP, Mainframe Console, Lotus Notes, Sharepoint, VMware VDI’s, Exchange Server, Active Directory, Remote Desktop Services, ADDS Console, Work Load Control Center.