- 6 Years of detailed oriented System Administrator/Network Support Including 4 years off Linux/Unix System Administration with an excellent background in wide variety of professional system support and solution - based IT services for Linux systems/ server administration as well as Windows 2008 server, Windows XP, Windows 2012 Servers.
- Experienced in administering and managing systems in multiplatform/ multivendor environment consisting of both physical and virtualized systems by incorporating best practices in the IT industry.
- A self-motivated professional with excellent team capabilities, coupled with adaptive skills when working in a new work environment and/or projects.
Operating System: Windows 3.x, 9x, XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10, Server 2000, Server 2003, Server 2008, Server 2012 VMware ESX and ESXi, Ubuntu, ESXI, and Linux Red Hat RHEL /Centos (5 &6XX servers).
Software: RedHat RHEL Satellite Network, HP Service Manager, RPM Package Building Tools, Bash scripting, Putty and Open SSH protocols, Packet Tracer, Manage Engine, vSphere, Wireshark, LogMeIn, WebEx, VMware venter, Office 365, Active Directory, Windows Server Update Service, Nagios, MySQL, Apache, Symantec AV Server/Client, Veritas Backup Exec, Cisco VPN, Cisco AnyConnect, WINSCP, DNS, DHCP. Experience with server virtualization, Load-balancing, High availability and Clustering technologies.
Network Support Specialist
Confidential, Lanham, MD
- Windows Security Implementations
- Network Administration
- Network troubleshooting
- Cisco Switch Configuration
- AP Configuration
- Software and Application Deployment
- Server Build-outs
- Windows 10 Desktop Imaging and Build outs
- Laptop Build-outs
- Maintain Centos 7 Linux Servers Patching/Automation
- Maintain Centos 7 Linux Software installations
- RMX Resource manager provisioning for Telepresence Video Conference Systems
- EMC storage maintenance
- Vmware - Vsphere administration
- Working Knowledge of Windows Active Directory
- Responsible for connecting network cables to appropriate switches and patch panels neatly and professionally
- Creating topology for network infrastructure
- Maintained high availability for network infrastructure
- QuickBooks Intuit Enterprise Contractor Edition Migration and installation/Upgrades and Patching
- Connected Cisco based devices and applications to network and configured
- Maintained network capabilities for Telepresence and Cisco VTC technology
- Maintained network capabilities for Polycom Telepresence technologies.
- Maintained Cisco UCM servers for Cisco VOIP Telephone services
- Document and troubleshoot all Network issues
- Managed Cisco UCM / Phone Server
Linux Systems Administrator
Confidential, Rockville, MD
- Responsible for setting-up, managing and rapid deployment of RHEL 6.xx / Centos 6.xx Linux servers using Kickstart
- Booting PXE from RHEL Satellite Network and Centos Spacewalk for unattended Linux server deployment for both virtual machine and bare metal installations
- Manage vSphere ESXI host and virtual machines using VMware vCenter
- Setup, manage and deploy Vagrant-testing environment for developers using customize Vagrant-Files as per requirement
- Manage and configure RPM package building tools for building and patching of applications from source codes for Centos and RHEL systems
- Built portable Vagrant Boxes from ground up for Centos and RHEL Distros by automating rapid installations of applications and services
- Setup and configured SSH File Transfer Protocol (SFTP), VSFTP and other protocols
- Installation, configuration and administration of VMware ESXI, vCenter, vSphere Client and Linux / Windows clients
- Installation, configuration, administration and hardening of Apache Webservers
- Setup Virtual Linux test labs and clones for developers and engineers using VMware
- Monitored server performance on Red Hat Linux 5 & 6 servers; Installation of patches and packages
- Manage systems routine backup, enabling cron jobs, enabling system logging and network logging of servers for maintenance
- Follow upgrade roadmap involving installation/upgrades of servers hard drives and memory
- Installation and configuration of intrusion detection system such as DenyHosts for log analysis; file integrity checking, real time alerting and brute force attach prevention
- Setup and manage user accounts and train new users on the company system environment; reset password and unlock locked user account on RHEL 5.5 & 6.xx
- Troubleshoot and fixed NFS, TCP/IP and other protocols problem
- Responsible for the installation of RedHat and Centos Linux for new build environment
- Diagnosed and resolved customer's connectivity issues in RHEL 5& 6 servers
- Managing all types of installation and upgrade on Linux servers
- Ticket assessment on a daily basis.
- Setup and configured SSH File Transfer Protocol (SFTP)
- Configuring and managing network interface
- Image servers and client computers and remotely manage their software after deployment on RedHat Linux 5 & 6
- Provide software and hardware tech support; 24/7 on call support as required
- Create and Clone Linux, Window Virtual Machines using VMware Virtual Client ESX and ESXi.
- Performed RPM and YUM package installations, patch and other server management;
- Responsible for troubleshooting software and network problems
- Troubleshot network problems on Linux and Window servers
- Job scheduling and automating process using Cron job
- Create trouble tickets to track, diagnose and resolve network problems
- Installation of hardware, software and upgrading to ensure work is performed as per the company policy on various hardware platforms
- User account management and administration; Troubleshooting User's login & home directory related issues
- Building servers with jumpstart using Kickstart, CD on timely basis, along with corporate wide requirements.
- Configuring and managing network interface
- Serve as a research mentor/ assistant to undergraduate students on research and poster presentations
- Extensive knowledge and usage of Simulation tools and Electronics circuit development tools
Junior Linux Administrator
- Create user and group as required
- Implement password policy, password lifetime, minimum length, set password complexity, failed login attempt, lock, unlock.
- Experience with Python, Ruby, and shell
- Install and configured Drupal
- Configure log rotation on Linux
- Write scripts for database dumps
- Experienced with crontab job scheduler
- Managed/Supervised network technicians and numerous projects on a multimillion dollar contract for General Dynamics Information Technology.
- Extensively worked on installation, configuration, maintenance and administration of the network servers DNS and NFS.
- Added new disks, formatting, partitioning, disk space allocation, monitoring system performance, system tuning and server hardening.
- Implemented the skills of Load balancing for edge components.
- Implemented SUDO, SSH and other security tools
- Installed and managed the LAMP server in the Linux servers.
- Installed and Maintained MYSQL and PostgreSQL database servers in a Linux Box with SSL
- Command line experience and firm understanding of Linux files. Work with critical files regarding boot process, password, network, log files.
- Responsible for enterprise metric tracking and reporting as well as policy and continuity documentation
- Participate in Linux server hardening
- Set up security SOP
- Troubleshoot LAN and WAN network problems up to a tier 3 level to assist in keeping customer sites up and running and compliant with enterprise standards.
- Hundreds of users managed amongst a large, multi-site deployment.
- Maintained front end design and configuration while providing worldwide enterprise with a single location for documentation, communication and collaboration tools.
- Responsible for software and OS upgrades
- Provide Apache service Maintenance and various other daily server tasks to assist with enterprise wide security team assessments, patch management and hardening.
- Responsible for identifying numerous deficiencies and correcting dozens of possible vulnerabilities.
- Monitored network traffic on local LAN for suspicious behavior and performance tuning to help reduce large amounts of unnecessary network traffic.