- Over 5+ years of experience in IT industry with experience in Server administration in various environments - Windows 2000/2003/2008 R2/2012R2 with Active Directory Services (WINS, DNS, DHCP).
- Provided Tier-2 Support for production environments and trouble shoot critical issues at minimal business impact.
- Expertise in Migration Using Quest Migration Manager Tool for Active Directory.
- Expertise in Active Directory design and support (GPOs, AD Schema, OUs, LDAP, Sites, Replication, etc.)
- Expertise in deployment and troubleshooting of windows 2008 and 2012 R2 Domain Controllers in Active Directory.
- Experience in Migrating Group and Exception Policies from one domain to other domain in AD forest.
- Expertise in creating Exception Group policies for Windows Server 2003/2008/2012 R2 in AD domain.
- Experience on working with Integration of UNIX and LINUX with Active Directory using Centrify Tool Provided 24x7 on call Support for Production Environments.
- Managed a VMware environment of 4 vCenters and 130 ESXi hosts with more than 2000 VM's.
- Handled the VMware solutions to support multiple storage connectivity options such as FC-SAN, iSCSI, NFS (NAS).
- Assisted in designing, implementing and evaluating applications, systems and utilities relevant to Active Directory services
- Experience in Migrating Users, Groups, Workstations and Application window Servers from Source Domain to Target Administration of user Accounts, Groups, Resources, Security, Backup strategies in window Servers 2003/2008R2/2012
- Experience in managing Active directory Domain Controllers, DNS and DHCP Servers.
- Hands - on experience working on Microsoft SCCM
- Handy Experience on troubleshooting Application Authentication issues in Active directory Multi domain Environment.
- Experience in performing several storage administration tasks like creating new luns on EMC storage arrays (VNX, VMAX) increasing size of existing volumes, troubleshooting storage connectivity to ESXi hosts and servers
Systems: Windows Server 2000/2003/2008 R2/2012R2/2016
Backup: Dell Recovery Manager Tool, Networker
Tools: Quest Migration Manager V8.8 & V8.10, VMware (ESX, GSX, Server and Workstation), Exchange 2010/2013
Workstations: Windows XP, Windows 7,8,10
Scripting Languages: Power Shell, Batch
Networking: DNS, WINS, DHCP, TCP/IP, NTFS
Ticketing: Jira, Service Now, BMC, Tracer
Confidential, Southborough, MA
Active Directory Engineer
- Active Directory Engineer/Enterprise Administrator for large multi-national corporation
- Responsible for third level engineering of Windows Active Directory Domain Services based on Server 2012 R2
- Migrated the corporate Active Directory from Server 2008 to Server 2012 R2
- Server 2012 Active Directory development testing
- Server 2012 Active Directory deployment to production
- Manage Active Directory integrated DNS zones
- Performance tuning, replication and cluster management
- Created and Managed Servers in a Cluster with round-robin algorithm and NLB clustering for Load Balancing
- Support patching, ticket queue maintenance, execution of change controls.
- Troubleshoot Kerberos authentication and constrained delegation
- Network trace analysis, Netmon and Wire shark for packet analysis
- Operating System security hardening of Domain Controllers across the enterprise
- GPO development and implementation
- OU structure design and implementation
- Involved in Installing and Administration of SCCM for applying latest windows and security patches to all the servers.
- Cross forest/domain migration of users for acquisition and removal from the enterprise
- Designed and deployed VM host environment for pre-production and development testing
- Extensive knowledge on VSphere /VCenter /VMotion operations in VMware environment.
- Linux administration on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Designed process Sysvol migration from FRS to DFSR completed in production environments
- Implemented Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager to manage and provision Virtual Machines in both production and integration
Environment: Active Directory, WSUS, Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and Red Hat Enterprise Linux, VMware, FRS to DFSR, SCCM, WSUS, Netmon and Wire shark for packet analysis, EC Council, DNS zones.
Confidential, Bedford, MA
Active Directory Engineer
- Support multiple AD forests, including multiple domains forest with over 10 domains, 60 domain controllers and 40 AD sites, running on Windows 2003, Windows 2008, 2008 R2 and Windows 2012
- Planning intra forest migration to consolidate multiple child domains. Provide procedures, documents, customize accounts migration with pre/post task to minimize user’s impact after migration.
- Planning and implement data synchronization between external data to AD.
- Customize update certain data fields from HR data to multiple attributes in AD user object.
- Automation stale user and computer accounts clean up to compliance with company policy.
- Research and deploy companywide private enterprise public key infrastructure using MS CA servers for encryption file system, two factor authentication, code signing, server SSL.
- Companywide forest; modify Active Directory topology to enhance replication and authentication operations.
- Patch management review via Power Shell script to discovered current patch status and deploy patches to effected systems, implemented Windows Update Services (WSUS) to schedule updates.
- Configured SCCM to facilitate Remote control, patch management, software distribution and operating system deployment.
- Provide solution for various applications connect direct/indirect to AD database for user authentication.
- Work with developer to troubleshoot LDAP connection to query multiple AD domains.
- Third level support for DNS, DHCP, DFS, group policy.
- Implement ADFS and Dir-sync for deployment of Office 365.
Environment: Windows 2008, 2008 R2 and Windows 2012, SCCM, WSUS, DNS, DHCP, DFS, ADFS, LDAP, Office 365, Group Policy
System Administration Technical Specialist
- Installation, Configuration, and Administration of Windows NT, 2000, MS Exchange 5.5 Servers, McAfee AV Server, and ARC Serve IT.
- Involved in maintaining the Active Directory and GPO management.
- Installed and Administrating Windows Software Update Services (WSUS) in Windows 2000 & Windows 2003 for Automated Patch update for entire Organization.
- Backup / Recovery of data.
- Administration of LAN and WAN. Manage Cisco Switches and 2500 series Routers
- Manage WAN link connecting to ISP
- Attend to end user issues related to Windows 95, and Windows 98
Environment: MS Exchange 5.5 Servers, Proxy Servers, Windows 2000/2003R2, WSUS, IIS Servers and SQL Servers, LAN and WAN