Active Directory Engineer Resume
Overland Park, KS
- IT Professional with around 6+years of experience in Systems and Network administration with a primary focus on installation and administration of Windows Servers, Active Directory Services (WINS, DNS, DHCP), HP, UCS blades.
- Experience in Migrating Users, Groups, Workstations and Application window Servers from Source Domain to Target.
- Expertise in active directory design and support (GPO s, AD Schema, OU s, LDAP, Sites, Replication, etc).
- Excellent experience in configuration of Data Domain Storage units in Symantec Net backup.
- Expertise in Migration Using Quest Migration Manager Tool for Active Directory.
- Assisted in designing, implementing and evaluating applications, systems and utilities relevant to Active Directory services
- Monitoring connectivity, synchronization, replication, net logon, time services, FSMO roles, AD schema, NTDS database.
- Administration of user Accounts, Groups, Resources, Security, Backup strategies in window Servers 2003/2008R2/2012.
- Expertise in managing the users and objects using Identity Manager.
- Experience with DCPROMO process and configuring AD Site, OU structure, Site Link, DNS, DHCP, WINS, Global Catalog server, directory services, subnet mask, DNS forwarders, Reverse Lookup.
- Expertise in creating new Technically Minimum Base Standards Group Policy’s in PROD/QA/DEV/DR Environments.
- Experience in managing Active directory Domain Controllers, DNS and DHCP Servers.
- Extensive experience with Active Directory, GPO’s, DHCP, DNS, IP, Sub Nets, VPNs, VLAN, Network routing, firewalls, LAN/WAN switching and Backup & Recovery, File & Print Server, IIS (Web Server), FTP, Terminal Server.
- Expertise in deploying applications software on user workstations through SCCM console.
- Expertise in Migrating Group and Exception Policies from one domain to other domain in AD forest.
- Experience in installing, maintaining and managing various rack mounted and Blade servers from CISCO UCS, Dell, HP, and IBM.
- Documentation of all problem tickets and updating knowledge base.
Systems: Windows Server 2000/2003/2008 R2/2012R2, Windows 7/XP/NT, NetApp DATA ONTAP.
Workstations: Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 10.
Tools: Quest Migration Manager V8.8 & V8.10, VMware (ESX, GSX, Server and Workstation), Hyper - V, Exchange 2010/2013.
LDAP Directories: Active Directory.
Scripting Languages: Power Shell.
Backup: VERITAS Net backup, Replication manager, Recovery point.
Networking: DNS, DHCP, WINS,TCP/IP.
Databases: SQL server 2000/2005, DB2 and MS Access.
Ticketing: Tracer, CA Service Desk, Lotus notes.
Active Directory Engineer
Confidential, Overland Park, KS
- Created AD Group policies to Enforce Domain and OU Level Security of Users and Computer objects.
- Manage Group Policy Objects (GPOs), Organizational Units (OUs), domain controllers (DCs), and Trusts.
- Successfully Migrated to Windows 2008 R2 x64 Active Directory Single Forest and Domain Architecture.
- Implemented successful migration for 1000s of User, Computer and Group accounts with SID History.
- Migrating Users, Groups, Workstations and Application windows servers from source domain to Target domain using QMM and AD Domain.
- Designed process for DNS zone migration from legacy storage to application partition storage.
- Cross platform authentication (Unix to Windows).
- Security threat detection and countermeasures, protect from enumeration and scanning.
- Penetration testing methodology as defined by the EC Council.
- Security in depth.
- Designed and deployed Virtual lab environment based on leading tier 1 hypervisor
- Server/OS hardening methods
- Privileged Access Management system deployment, Password vaulting, Privileged session recording.
- Developed power-shell scripts to rename and resuming the windows after reboot.
- Configure constrained delegation in Active Directory for Kerberos enabled applications.
- Performed Windows servers patching using SCCM console.
- Developed power-shell scripts to automate the setting of user credentials and activation of windows.
- Worked on Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) - certificates.
- Operating System security hardening of Domain Controllers across the enterprise.
- Troubleshoot Kerberos authentication and constrained delegation.
- Network trace analysis, Netmon and Wire shark for packet analysis.
- Assisted in the resource migrations of servers and printers. Migrating server resources included migrating File /Print, and other functional servers. Monitored, responded and follow through escalated tickets for Active Directory Group Policy and server operations.
- Developed custom Identity Management component to synchronize Active Directory, LDAP, and legacy systems.
- Part of a team that takes care of Exchange Server 2010, Outlook and Messaging (Lync 2010) issues.
- Performed cross platform audits of Active Directory objects and user permissions using Identity Manager.
Environment: Windows 2008, Outlook 2010/2013,O365, NetApp 8K series, ONTAP, Office 365,QMM, Created AD Group policies, SCCM Console, Windows Azure AD,IPv4 configurations, VMware servers, Identity Management, ADFS, DHCP, LDAP, DNS and WINS.
Active Directory Services Engineer
Confidential, Rancho Cordova, CA
- Support multiple AD forests, including multiple domains forest with over 10 domains, 60 domain controllers and 40 AD sites, running on Windows 2003, Windows 2008, 2008 R2 and Windows 2012.
- Deploy, Manage and troubleshooting of windows 2008R2 Domain Controllers in Active Directory.
- Implementation of Active Directory infrastructure and protocols (such as TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS), Group Policy and Profile Management.
- Manage and administer all email messaging, backup customer data on home directory and customers emails for new locations and restore backup to the accounts. Create user accounts on requests through tickets.
- Planning intra forest migration to consolidate multiple child domains. Provide procedures, documents, customize accounts migration with pre/post task to minimize user’s impact after migration.
- Planning and implement data synchronization between external data to AD.
- Automated user accounts to force password change for every 30 days with Group policy.
- Implemented Power-shell scripts to generating automated reports.
- Creation of Identity Management process, strategy, best practice and architecture documentation including Access Management, Password Management, DAP Management, Provisioning, Delegated Administration.
- Worked with developer to troubleshoot LDAP connection to query multiple AD domains.
- Implemented Power-shell scripts to automate creation of contacts from Active directory users.
- Experience in installation and configuration of Microsoft SQL Server 2000 and 2005.
- Hyper-V installation and configuration in Windows.
- Provide expert technical knowledge and support for Microsoft Active Directory 2003/2008R2.
- Third level support for DNS, DHCP, DFS, group policy.
- Implement ADFS and Dir-sync for deployment of Office 365.
- Active Directory administration, infrastructure, process, procedures, monitoring, and projects - Active Directory Win2008R2.
- Coordinated with Business Units in identifying business/system needs to provide necessary resources. Provided needed support of the existing infrastructure including servers, backups, network troubleshooting, etc.
Environment: Windows 2008, 2008 R2 and Windows 2012, Group Policy, LDAP, DNS, DHCP, DFS, ADFS, TCP/IP, Identity Management, Office 365.
Active Directory Engineer
Confidential, Worthington, OH
- Creation/deletion/management of objects, i.e. local user accounts, groups, workstations, servers, printers, etc. in OU hierarchy.
- Migrating Users, Groups, Workstations and Application window Servers from Source domain to Target domain Using QMM in AD Domain.
- Installation and maintain Trend micro antivirus clients and administration of client updates.
- Implementation of Active Directory infrastructure and Network fundamentals, protocols (such as TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS), Group Policy and Profile Management.
- Planning intra forest migration to consolidate multiple child domains. Provide procedures, documents customize accounts migration with pre/post task to minimize user's impact after migration.
- Managing the replication of directory information within the Active Directory, and makes any enterprise level changes to the Active Directory, such as schema modifications and trust relationships.
- Installation and Maintaining imaging servers Symantec ghost and windows imaging server 2008.
- Performed technical expertise for windows systems environments on issues related to servers, local services, data centers, and server configuration.
- Installation and Configuration of various In-house and Third-party Applications.
- Extensive experiences in Configuring Active Directory and LDAP over different forests and across multiple domains.
- Extensive experience in installation & administration of Windows NT, Windows 200X Domain.
- New user, Departed user access management and attendance management through IGUARD.
- Installation, maintain and troubleshooting of all Windows based desktops.
- Patch management review via Power-shell script to discovered current patch status and deploy patches to effected systems, implemented Windows Update Services (WSUS) to schedule updates.
- Managing Active Directory components including Domain controller’s installation, Global catalog servers, Trusts and Sites.
- Configured DNS for use with Active Directory across windows Servers 2003/2008R2/2012R2.
Environment: Windows 2003/2008R2/2012R2, Domain Controllers, Active Directory, Group policy, DNS, TCP/IP, DHCP, LDAP, QMM, WSUS.
- Design, Deploy and migrate Windows 2000 domains to join new Windows 2003 forest.
- Migrating users and groups from windows 2000 domains to windows 2003 domains using Aelitas tool.
- Installing and configuring various Peripherals like Display Cards, Sound Card, Modems, Printers, Scanners, and Web Cams etc.
- Windows 2003 Servers deployment and Configuration.
- User creations, deletion, assign admin rights to users in domain.
- Managing Active directory, DNS, WINS and DHCP Servers.
- Active Directory Services -- Managing Users & Other AD objects.
- Developed custom web based self-service identity management website.
- Planning and configuring new internal & external websites.
- Implementing and managing security services like IPSec, Certificate Services.
- Developed power-shell scripts for backup and restore for windows.
- Creating, deploying, renewing and Import & export of the SSL certificates.
- Work on Accounts Delegation, Drive Mappings and Widows Servers Decommission Process.
- Coordination with application development teams for issue troubleshooting.
- Create and Link AD policies to windows Servers 2003 in PROD & QA Environments.
- Monitoring/Analyzing/Troubleshooting Active Directory Replication in Multi Domain Environment.
- Tracking and documenting Active Directory production support issues
Environment: Windows Servers 2000 and 2003, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, WINS, Drive Mappings, Identity Management.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes