- Network Engineer with around 10 years of experience in the industry, which includes expertise in the areas of Routing and Switching.
- Expert level knowledge of troubleshooting, implementing, optimizing and testing of static and dynamic routing protocols such as EIGRP, OSPF, BGP ability to interpret and resolve complex route table problems.
- Implementation traffic filters on Cisco routes using Standard, extended Access list.
- Implementation of Layer2 VPLS/VPWS/L2CC circuits on Juniper MX480/960
- Expert Level Knowledge about TCP/IP and OSI models.
- In - depth expertise in the analysis, implementation, troubleshooting & documentation of LAN/WAN architecture and good experience on IP services.
- In-depth knowledge and hands-on experience on IP Addressing, Sub netting, VLSM and ARP, reverse & proxy ARP, Ping Concepts.
- Knowledge of implementing and troubleshooting complex layer 2 technologies such as VLAN Trunks, VTP Ether channel, VPLS, VPWS, L2CC, STP, RSTP and MST.
- Experience in configuring HSRP and redistribution between routing protocols troubleshooting them.
- Technical Knowledge on Cisco ASA 5500 series Routers.
- Knowledge on Cisco Nexus 5k and 7k Switches.
- Working knowledge of Data Modeling Language, Linux
- Exposure to Cisco ASA/Checkpoint Firewall and F5 Load Balancer.
- Implementation of HSRP, VRRP and GLBP for Default Gateway Redundancy.
- Expert knowledge of cable connectors and replacement as RJ-11, RJ-45, V.35, RS-449.
- Excellent communication skills to interact with team members and support personnel and also can act as a mentor to less experienced personnel.
- Technical understanding of wireless standards.
Routers/Switches: Cisco 2600, 28xx, 36xx, 38xx, 7200, 2900, 3500, 4xxx, 5xxx, 6500, Nexus 5k & 7k, 9k and Juniper T640, M320, MX240/480/960
Routing Protocol: BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, RIP, Routed Protocol TCP/IP
Operating Systems: Cisco IOS, Cat-OS, Nexus-OS
Management tools: SNMP, Syslog, Sniffer, and Wire shark, HP Service Center 6.8, QIP
LAN Technology: VLAN, VTP, Inter-VLAN routing, ISL, dot1q, VPLS, VPWS, L2CC, STP, RSTP, PVST, HSRP, GLBP, Ethernet, Port security
WAN Technology: Frame Relay, X.25, E1/T1/DS1/DS3, PPP, MPLS
Network Security: Knowledge of Cisco ASA, Layer 2 Security, VPN, IPSec and load balancing, VOIP
Network Management: SNMP v2, Cisco Works NCM, 3Com Network Analyzer, MRTG, Solar Winds NPM, TACACS, Traffic Filtering Techniques Standard and Extended access-lists, Distribute-Lists, Prefix-List and Route Maps . Implementation of HCP, DNS, FTP, TFTP
Documentation: Microsoft Office, Visio
Scripting Language: PowerShell, Python.
Confidential, Parsippany, NJ
- Core member of Network implementation project for client Cigna Health Care
- Created Network Visio diagrams for the each location as per the design requirements
- Created Network topology per the topology and configured various network devices
- Configured and implemented Composite Network models consists of Cisco 3900 and 2900 series routers and Cisco 3750, 4500 and 6500 Series switches
- Configured of ASR 1K, 7K and 9K Nexus 2K and 5K
- Configured Nexus using NX-OS Virtual Port Channels, Nexus port profiles, Nexus Version 4.2 and 5.0,
- Nexus VPC peer links
- Configured network using routing protocols such as EIGRP, OSPF and BGP
- Implemented various OSPF scenarios on networks consisting of 7600 routers
- Implemented traffic engineering on top of an existing Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) network using
- Frame Relay and Open Shortest Path First (OSPF
- Upgraded IOS of Cisco devices like 3945 2911, 3750, 4500 and 6500
- Experience with building, maintaining, reviewing all configurations/settings/policies on Checkpoint Firewall
- In-depth expertise in the implementation, optimization, troubleshooting and documentation of LAN/WAN networking systems
- Implemented standard configuration template scripts in various network devices for snmp v2, logging and ntp
- Helped team with datacenter designing
- Created standard access lists to allow snmp, ntp and logging servers.
- Installed PVDM, Network module, VWIC card, GLC-SX-MM, line cards like WS-X4624-SFP-E, WS-X4748-
- RJ45-E secondary power supplies and additional memory to Cisco devices
- Work on Physical site Inventory verification, gather information of various Cisco Network devices and Security Devices to develop Run book and Spec Book Member of a voice team and deployed of Cisco IP phones - series 7945, 7965, 7916, 9971
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
- Responsible to work on Enterprise Network as team member of Microsoft Retail Stores Team Involve in different Network related projects to deploy/retrofit/design/testing in existing/new network infrastructure
- Develop Network related design/deploy/changes/testing documents, which includes Point of sale (POS) Network, Wireless Network, Visio diagrams, Firewall rules, Knowledge based document etc. Working on Cisco hardware like 7200, 6500, 4500, 3800, 3900, 2900, ASR 1K, 9K, Juniper MX/EX devices, IOS-XR devices .
- Working on deployment, configuration and upgradation of Nexus 9K, 7K, 5K and 2K switches in the datacenter
- Configured and troubleshoot routing protocol like OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, MPLS
- Configured and troubleshoot protocols like STP, RSTP, MSTP and VTP
- Configured features like VPC, VDC, OTV etc. on Nexus switches
- Configured and troubleshoot Gateway Redundancy Protocols like HSRP and GLBP and WAN protocols like HDLC, PPP, and Frame Relay etc.
- Responsible to work with Cisco and Service Providers in designing and implementing IP MPLS network
- Working on configuration/testing/optimization Cisco 5500 and Aruba 3200 and 3200 XM wireless access controller and wireless access point
- Working on configuration and troubleshooting ASA firewalls, Checkpoint, Fortinet and Palo Alto firewall
- Experience with security protocol like IPsec/TLS/EAP etc.
- Deployed Checkpoint Firewall rules
- Deployed Sourcefire in production for network security
- Working with deploying services to virtual environments like Openstack, VM ware etc.
- Experience working with Network management software NSM (Network Security Manager) primarily to code the firewall as well as performing changes as per the requirement
- Configure and upgrade Cisco ISE to 2.0 for the Store device authentication
- Configure and support NATs, access-lists on Cisco routers 1700, 2600, 2800 and 7200 series
- Designed and deployed KVM over IP solution
- Working with Cisco and NOC team to support the Microsoft Retail Stores
- Tested and deployed IP management tool like Men and Mice
- Working on a project involving engineering of Microsoft Azure
- Engineer new POS (Point of Sale) solution for Microsoft stores
- Using packet capturing tools like Wireshark, Netmon, and Fiddler etc.
- Created Network design and deployment documentation
- Working with Cisco prime for management and troubleshooting network devices
- Working knowledge of Linux
Confidential, Salt Lake City, UT
- As a part of Global switch refresh project, performed migration from 2960, 3560, 3750 to 3850 switches adhering to ITIL Change Management Procedure.
- Migrated IP’s from IP control and Solar winds to Infoblox, as a part of IP migration to single tool.
- As a part Router replacement project, migrated 2921, 2821 routers to 3945.
- Designed WAN structure to prevent single point of failure in case of link failure.
- Migrated 6513 switch connected ports to Nexus 7k(7010), 5k(5596T), 2k(2248T) and decommissioned 6513 switch.
- Worked on Cisco 6509, 6513 and 4510 switches for LAN requirements that include managing VLANs,
- Port Security and troubleshooting LAN issues.
- Deployed InfobloxTrinzic 800 device for DHCP.
- Part of Design team helping in building a Data Center, includes DMZ, Load balancing of the internet and inter data center communication.
- Configuration and troubleshooting of multiple site-to-site IPSECVPN’s.
- Assisted Sr. Network engineer in the installation and configuration of firewalls.
- Performed LAN operations and troubleshooting which involves working on VLANs, inter-VLAN routing,
- Trunking, STP, RSTP, port aggregation & link negotiation.
- Maintaining IP access-list’s on daily basis for user Access for different applications through Bmc remedy.
- Generating Network Metric Reports using Solar winds and silver peak.
- Worked on Remedy service management for change management approvals.
- Used internal network monitoring toolsto ensure network connectivity and Protocol analysis tools to assess the network issues.
- Created Visio Diagrams for enterprise network of the client which helped in easy understanding of the network.
- Design all technical documents and publish on intranet for internal uses.
- Designing / implementing OSPF and BGP Networks. -
- Architecting / designing/ Documentations of Data Center Networks -
- Design, Implementation and troubleshooting) of BGP and OSPF routing technologies as well as HSRP or VRRP.
- Design, Implementation and troubleshooting RPVST (Spanning Tree), Trunking Standards 802.1Q, LACP (Ether-Channel), vPC or MLAG and Private VLANs. -
- Understanding of IP Protocols - 3 way handshake, QoS, IP Addressing, Multicast, Unicast and Broadcast.
- Security designs / implementations incorporating Load balancing and security appliances/ Firewalls.
- LAN and WAN solutions for large enterprises
- Designing large enterprise MPLS VPN networks
- Worked on Load Balancer F5 LTM, GTM series like 6400, 6800, and 8800.
Confidential, Princeton, NJ
- Involved in Configuring and implementing of Composite Network models consists of Cisco7600, 7200, 3800 series routers and Cisco 2950, 3500, 5000, 6500 Series switches. Also worked with ASR 1K and 7K.
- Configured networks using routing protocols such as RIP, OSPF, BGP and manipulated routing updates using route-map, distribute list and administrative distance for on-demand Infrastructure.
- Configured OSPF redistribution and authentication with type 3 LSA filtering and to prevent LSA flooding.
- Configured OSPF over frame relay networks for NBMA and point to multipoint strategies.
- Implementing traffic engineering on top of an existing Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) network using
- Frame Relay and Open Shortest Path First (OSPF
- Provided redundancy in a multi homed Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) network by tunings AS-path.
- Implemented Hot Standby Router Protocol (HSRP) by tunning parameters like preemption.
- Implemented various OSPF scenarios on networks consisting of 7600 routers.
- Configured policy based routing for BGP for complex network systems.
- Configured Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) VPN with Routing Information Protocol (RIP) on the customer’s Site.
- Tuned BGP internal and external peers with manipulation of attributes such as metric, origin and local Preference.
- Cisco Secure Access Control Server (ACS) for Windows to authenticate users that connects to a VPN 3000 Concentrator.
- Worked on FTP, HTTP, DNS, DHCP servers in windows server-client environment with resource allocation to desired Virtual LANs of network.
- Responsible for day to day management of Cisco Devices, Traffic management and monitoring.
- Also involved in designing and implementing IP MPLS network.
- Involved in provide higher technical support to NOC and other operation teams regards to IP/MPLS infrastructure.
- Helped team members in configuration of Juniper 4350, 6350, and 2320 routers as well as EX 2200, 4200, 6200 and 8200 switches.
- Member of Network testing team. Also worked with Qos.
- Responsible for Manual testing, reporting defects and working closely with development in narrowing down issues.
- Worked with automation tools and different methods according to requirement. Also worked with IXIA test. Also used different tools like ANUE and JDSU.
- Developed the necessary libraries for the different to run different Network test.
- Responsible to run different kind of Network test. This includes MPLS, BGP, SNMP, and Firewall. Also worked with testing with traffic generator.
Confidential, Plano, TX
Jr. Network Engineer
- Assisted in troubleshooting LAN connectivity and hardware issues in the network of 100 hosts.
- Studied and analyzed client requirements to provide solutions for network design, configuration, administration, and security.
- Involved in troubleshooting IP addressing issues and Updating IOS images using TFTP.
- Maintained redundancy on Cisco 2600, 2800 and 3600 router with HSRP.
- Created a backup and recovery policy for software application and verified peripherals are working properly.
- Monitor performance of network and servers to identify potential problems and bottleneck.
- Performed RIP & OSPF routing protocol administration.
- Interacted with support services to reduce the downtime on leased lines.
- Troubleshoot problems on a day to day basis & provide solutions that would fix the problems within their Network.
- Monitor the operability and reliability of the network.
- Maintenance and Troubleshooting of connectivity problems using Ping, Trace route.
- Managed the IP address space using subnets and variable length subnet masks (VLSM
- As a Team member also worked with F5 load balancer and SONET technology.
- Responsible to help team for troubleshoot, configure and resolve the issues regarding F5.
- Support design and planning of Juniper MX, EX and TX Series network routing products within the Customer infrastructure.
- Support ongoing efforts in defining best practice policies for Juniper product applications used by Customer.
- Proactively perform corrective maintenance for IP/MPLS network.
- Review and evaluate all ITC technical documents related to IP/MPLS network.
- Helped team to build up SONET Networks.
- LAN cabling in compliance with CAT5 standards.
- Worked along with the team in ticketing issues.
- Daily responsibilities included monitoring remote site using network management tools, assisted in design
- Guidance for infrastructure upgrade & help LAN administrator with backbone connection and connectivity issue.
- Other responsibilities included documentation and support other teams.
- Responsible for the configuration, implementation and operation of Cisco 3745 routers Cisco 6509 and 3560 L2/L3 switches.
- Removed Cisco 3600 and 2600 series routers and Cisco 2900 series switches from the current infrastructure and replaced them with the Cisco 6509 or 3560 L2/L3 switches.
- Configured RSTP, MST and used VTP with 802.1q trunk encapsulation. Provided port binding and port security wherever required. Provided router redundancy through HSRP.
- Configured ether channels using PAgP and LACP.
- Designed ACLs, VLANs, troubleshooting IP addressing issues and taking back up of the configurations on switches and routers.
- Provided testing for network connectivity before and after install/upgrade.
- Switching related tasks included implementing VLANS and configuring ISL trunk on Fast-Ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet channel between switches.
- Experience in Cisco switches and routers: Physical cabling, IP addressing, Wide Area Network configurations (Frame-relay and ATM
- Performed troubleshooting, while maintaining trouble ticket tracking, following internal/external.
- Escalation procedures and customer notifications.
- Design service for /upgrade/configure ALU’s IP/MPLS products e.g. 7705 SAS, 7210 etc.
- Configured Cisco Routers for OSPF, IGRP, RIPv2, EIGRP, Static and default route.
- Worked on HSRP and GLBP for first hop redundancy and load balancing.
- Configured the Cisco router as IP Firewall and for NATting.
- Prepare, update, and maintain technical and logistical network documentation.
- Member of Network Test team and responsible for routine Network test.
- Responsible for resolve any issue in routine Network test and need to escalate higher technical team, if there is any major issue.
- Worked on comprehensive test strategy and test plan based on the features to be tested, with focus on customer deployment and use-case scenarios.
- Worked with cross-functional teams throughout the project life cycle.