- Over 8+ years of experience in IP network design, network integration, deployment and troubleshooting.
- Extensive knowledge in configuring and troubleshooting Layer 3 Interior Gateway Routing protocols such as Link - State routing protocols (OSPF and IS-IS) and Distance Vector routing protocols (RIPv1, RIPv2 and EIGRP). Wide exposure to LAN/WAN setup, installation, configuration and commissioning of network devices.
- Good knowledge in configuring and troubleshooting Exterior Gateway protocols such as BGPv4 including internal BGP (iBGP) and external BGP (eBGP).
- Extensive knowledge of WAN technologies such as T1, T3, DS3, OCx, SDH, SONET, LTE, Fiber and Frame relay, Firewalls, Switches, Routers, load balancers, VoIP and wireless technologies of different vendors.
- Strong hands-on experience on Cisco Catalyst (series 3850, 3560, 4500, 6500), Cisco Nexus (series 2K, 5K, 7K), Cisco Routers (series 7300, 4000, 3800, ASR 9000), Firepower (4100), Load Balancers (citrix NetScaler, Cisco ACE, F5 BIG-IP LTM/GTM ADC), IDS/IPS (HIDS, NIDS, NIPS, HIPS), Fire eye, Splunk, Palo Alto Networks Firewalls (PA-820, series PA-3K, 5K), Checkpoint IP Appliances (NXG R60, R70, 3100, 5900).
- Hands on experience in configuring high end routers like GSR 12000 series, 7500 series and Catalyst Switches like 7600, 6500, 4500 series. Extensive experience in upgrade, backup and password recovery of Cisco IOS.
- Experience in working with Cisco Nexus Switches like 5000 and 7000 series and Virtual Port-Channel configuration. Implemented VDC, VPC, VRF and OTV on the Nexus 5505 and 7009 switches.
- Expertise in installing, configuring and troubleshooting Juniper Switches (series EX3300, EX4200, EX4600), Juniper Routers (series J, M and T) and Juniper series SRX Firewalls, Deployed Site to Site and Client to Site VPNs utilizing Checkpoint Firewall-1/VPN-1.
- Proficient in monitoring and managing networks using SolarWinds Netflow Traffic Analyzer, NetworkPerformance Monitor (NPM), Network Configuration Manager (NCM); Cisco Prime, Security Device Manager (SDM), CiscoWorks; Infoblox, HP OpenView and Wireshark.
- Knowledge and configuration of redundant router protocols like HSRP, VRRP and GLBP.
- Substantial knowledge, including the configuration, of Spanning Tree Protocol (STP), Per VLAN Spanning Tree (PVST), Rapid STP (RSTP) and Rapid per VLAN Spanning Tree (PVST+).
- Thorough experience in configuring Virtual Local Area Networks (VLAN) with IEEE 802.1Q, VLAN trunking protocol (VTP), shortest path bridging, Multiple VLAN Registration Protocol and VLAN Cross Connect (CC).
- Experience in troubleshooting both connectivity issues and hardware problems on Cisco based networks.
- Experience in testing Cisco routers and switches in lab scenarios and deploy on site for production.
- Good knowledge of IPv4 and IPv6 Addressing, IP Sub netting, Fixed Length and Variable Length Subnet Masking (VLSM), OSI and TCP/IP models. Experience in migration of IPv4 addresses to IPv6 addresses using mechanisms like Tunnel Broker, Transport Relay Translation (TRT), In-depth knowledge and hands-on experience in Tier II ISP Routing Policies, Network Architecture, NAT, DHCP, DNS, FT1 / T1 / FT3 / T3, SONET POS OCX/ GigE circuits.
- Configured and maintained Quality of Service (QoS) protocols (SIP, SRTP, SDP, IAX) on VoIP along with PBX servers, VoIP Gateways and Cloud based PBX servers, Active Directory Database.
- Experience in configuration of LAN protocols such as Ethernet and Fiber Distributed Data Interface (FDDI) on Cisco Switches. Experience in documenting and preparing the process related operational manuals.
- In-Depth Knowledge and experience of various wireless 802.11 standards, controllers, Access Points, Wi-Fi analytics from various vendors (Cisco Meraki, HPE /Aruba, D-Link and Netgear), SD-WAN (MX 65, MX100, MX400).
- Implemented and maintained Sourcefire intrusion detection/ prevention (IDS/IPS) system and hardened protection standards, IDS/IPS signatures on Firewall for Fine-tuning of TCP and UDP services.
- Worked on Cisco Firewalls Cisco ASA … Series and Checkpoint R75, 76, NGX R70 Firewalls.
- Implemented traffic filters using standard and extended access-lists, distribute-lists and route maps.
- Provided support that included resolving day-to-day operational issues with tickets generated by a server.
- Good understanding of SNMP, IP SLA and Network Monitoring with experience in tools like PRTG.
- Deployed, Managed, monitored and supported Bluecoat Proxy for content filtering, internet access between sites and VPN client users, forward proxy scenario and reverse proxy scenario for security and also worked on adding URL's in Bluecoat Proxy SG's for URL filtering.
- Experience in troubleshooting a variety of problems. Streamlined and improved process to be quicker to market, ensured compliance and optimized operational efficiency. Identified opportunities for improvements of process to ensure maximum output in focus to deadlines.
Routers: Cisco 7600, 7200, 3800, 3600, 2900, 2800
Routing: OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, RIP v1/v2, PBR, Route Filtering, Redistribution, Summarization, and Static Routing.
Juniper Platforms: SRX 1400, 3600, MX, EX Series Routers and Switches
Switches: Meraki, Nexus 2K/5K/7K, Cisco Catalyst 2900, 3500,4500, 3750, 2960,6500
Switching: VLAN, VTP, STP, PVST+, RPVST+, Inter VLAN routing & Multi Layer Switching, Multicast operations, Layer 3 Switches, Ether channels, Transparent Bridging
Firewall: CiscoASAFirewalls5580-20,IPSEC SSLVPNs,IPS/IDS,DMZ Setup CBAC, Cisco NAC, ACL, IOS Firewall features, IOS Setup & Security Features
Cisco Platforms: Nexus 7K, 5K, 2K & 1K, Cisco routers (7600,7200, 3900, 3600, 2800, 2600, 2500, 1800 series) & Cisco Catalyst switches (6500, 4900, 3750, 3500, 4500, 2900 series)
Network Security: Cisco ASA 5540, ACL, IPSEC, F5 Load Balancer, Checkpoint
Load Balancer: F5 Networks (Big-IP) LTM VIPRION 2400.
LAN: Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet, FDDI, CDDI, Token Ring, ATM LAN Emulation
WAN: Leased lines 64k - 155Mb (PPP / HDLC), Channelized links (E1/T1/E3/T3), Fiber Optic Circuits, Frame Relay, ISDN, and Load Balancing.
Gateway Redundancy: HSRP and GLBP,WAN Optimizer Riverbed, Steelhead Appliance, DHCP and DNS Infoblox
Various Features & Services: IOS and Features, HSRP, GLBP, IRDP, NAT, SNMP, SYSLOG, NTP, DHCP, CDP, DNS, TFTP and FTP Management.
DDI services: Infoblox, IPAM.
Network Management: Solar winds, Nagios, Cacti, Netmri, Truview, Netspyglass
Security Protocols: Standard and Extended ACLs, IPsec, VPN, Port-security, SSH, SSL, IKE, AAA, Prefix-lists, Zone-Based Firewalls, NAT/PAT, HIPAA standards, Ingress & Egress Firewall Design, Content Filtering, Load Balancing, IDS/IPS, URL Filtering, L2F, IDS, TCP Intercept, Router Security, SNMP trap
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Involved in complete LAN, WAN development (including IP address planning, designing, installation, configuration, testing, maintenance etc.).
- Involved in Switching Technology Administration including creating and managing VLANS's, Port security, Trunking, STP, Inter Vlan routing, LAN security etc.
- Implemented with Cisco Layer 3 switches 3750, 4500, 6500 in multi VLAN environment with the use of inter-VLAN routing, HSRP, ISL trunk, ether channel.
- Possess good experience in configuring and troubleshooting WAN technologies like MPLS, T1, T3, DS3 and ISDN. Supporting project test teams in analyzing the bandwidth utilization.
- Implementing the necessary changes such as adding, moving and changing as per the requirements of business lines in a data center environment.
- Monitoring the network traffic with the help of Qradar and Cisco IPS event viewer.
- Configured Juniper MX480s, EX8200s, EX4500s, EX4200s, and SRX5800s from scratch to match design
- Configure all Checkpoint, Palo Alto Networks Firewall models (PA-2k, PA-3k, PA-5k etc.) as well as a centralized management system (Panorama) to manage large scale Firewall deployments.
- Implementing and troubleshooting (on-call) IPSec VPNs for various business lines and making sure everything is in place. Implementing IPSec and GRE tunnels in VPN technology. Designed, configured, implemented site-site VPN on Cisco ASA 5500 firewall.
- Installing and configuring new Cisco equipment including Cisco catalyst switches 6500, Nexus 7010, Nexus 5548 and Nexus 2k as per the requirement of the Organization.
- Worked as a part of data center deployment where we converted from Cisco 6500 to Nexus.
- Experience configuring VPC(Virtual Port Channel), VDC(Virtual Device Context) in Nexus …
- Experience with configuring FCOE using Cisco nexus 5548
- Configured Nexus 2000 Fabric Extender (FEX) which acts as a remote line card (module) for the Nexus 5000 to connect servers and storage devices.
- Worked primarily as a part of the security team and daily tasks included firewall rule analysis, rule modification and administration. Experience in working with designing, installing and troubleshooting of Palo Alto firewalls.
- Configuring & managing around 500+ Network &Security Devices that includes Juniper SRX Firewalls, F5 BigIP Load balancers and Nexus Devices. Experience working with JUNOS OSon Juniper Routers and Switches.
- Adding and removing checkpoint firewall policies based on the requirements of various project requirements.
- Experience with Firewall Administration, Rule Analysis, Rule Modification
- Modified internal infrastructure by adding switches to support server farms and added servers to existing DMZ environments to support new and existing application platforms.
- Responsible for Cisco ASA firewall administration across the network.Installing & rebuilding IP appliances, checkpoint appliances. Configuring & troubleshooting Checkpoint ClusterXL& VRRP
- Monitored and managed networks using CiscoWorks tools and Wireshark
- Installing, configuring Cisco Catalyst switches 6500, 3750 & 3550 series, Access control lists, Configured Frame-Relay, ISDN, ATM, load balancing switches and also configured IPX/SPX, HDLC, PPP, BGP, EIGRP, OSPF and VRRP on various sites. Implemented antivirus and web filtering on Juniper SRX 240 at the web server.
- Worked on NNMI, Infoblox, e-health monitoring tools.
- Setup simplified and traditional VPN communities, and Cisco Any connect
- Support customer with the configuration and maintenance of ASA firewall systems. Troubleshooting of protocol based policies on Palo Alto firewalls and changing the policies as per the requirement and as per traffic flow.
- Experience with F5 load balancers and Cisco load balancers (CSM, ACE and GSS).
- 24x7 on-call escalation support as part of the security operations team.
- Working configuration of new VLANs and extension of existing VLANs on/to the necessary equipment to have connectivity between two different data centers.
- Managing and providing support to various project teams with regards to the addition of new equipment such as routers switches and firewalls to the DMZs.
Environment: Cisco … 6500 switches and Cisco … … routers, Cisco Nexus 7K/5K, Cisco ASA 500, Infoblox, Checkpoint, CiscoWorks tools, Wireshark windows server … F5 BIGIP LTM, RIP, OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, LAN, WAN, VPN, HSRP
Confidential, Staunton, VA
- Configured L2 and L3 security features on devices
- Experience with design and implementation of Virtual Switching System (VSS) on 6500 Switches
- Manage a very large DNS environment using Lucent QIP and manual management of DNS for DMZ/External servers broad Hands on Experience in Inter-vlan routing, redistribution, access-lists and dynamic NAT
- Experience with convert Checkpoint VPN rules over to the Cisco ASA solution. Migration with both Checkpoint and Cisco ASA VPN experience
- Worked on Extensively on Cisco Firewalls, Cisco PIX … & ASA … Series.
- Experience CSM, F5 (LTM) Load balancers to provide efficient switching and routing for local and global traffic.
- Implemented many number of security policy rules and NAT policy rules on Palo Alto, created Zones, Implemented Palo Alto Firewall interface, Palo Alto IDS and VLAN.
- Configured RIP, OSPF and Static routing on Juniper M and MX series Routers
- Configured VLAN, Spanning tree, VSTP, SNMP on Juniper EX series switches
- Designed and implemented remote dial up solution for clients
- Installed and configured workstations for IP based LAN's
- Worked, managed and maintained LAN networks, VLANs and database, Port Security on Nortel 5510, 5520; Cisco Catalyst 3850, 4500 and 6500 switches and implemented VDC, VPC, and OTV on Nexus 5k and 7k switches, Reviewing & creating the FW rules and monitoring logs as per the security standards in Palo Alto FW.
- Worked with Juniper SRX550 and Palo-alto Next-Gen PA-5000 Firewalls implementing and managing NAT, IPsec, site-to-site and remote VPNs, advanced inspection, anti-spoofing and AAA policies
- Monitored network and provided analysis, improvement scopes & support using monitoring tools as Wireshark, SolarWinds Performance Monitor and coordinated with off-shore support teams to ensure flawless operations
- Implemented VoIP solutions using SIP & H.323 for Cisco routers 2851 and also practiced sound knowledge of Avaya VoIP products
- Designed and implemented Aruba wireless infrastructure to ensure full connectivity and continuous service.
- Configured and managed with Aruba/cisco wireless access points 205 series supporting 802.11 ac
- Set Aruba Access to link distribution switch system and then to WLAN controller
- Worked hand-in-hand with different vendors for company products, solutions and performance
- Configuring Virtual Device Context in Nexus 7010 and Worked on Network support, implementation related internal projects for establishing connectivity between the various field offices and data centers
- Coordinated with a team to upgrade network by changing primary routing protocol to OSPF from EIGRP and Participated in the modification of BGP from multiple MPLS powered routers
- Contributed in implementation and configuration of F5 BIG-IP LTM-6400 load balancers, redistribution into OSPF on the core ASA firewall, Working with Checkpoint Support for resolving escalated issues.
- Installed and configured DHCP Client/Server.
- Implementation Route redundancy protocols like HSRP,VRRP,GLBP
- Configured and managed networks using L3 protocols like RIPv2,
- Configured VLANs, Private VLANs, VTP and Trunking on switches.
- Recommended Security considerations for the Intranet data center, integrating security, providing solution design details and configuration details
- Configuration of Access List ACL (STD, Ext, Named) to allow users all over the company to access different applications and blocking others.
- Convert Branch WAN links from TDM circuits to MPLS and to convert encryption from IPSec/GRE to GetVPN.
- Efficient in cabling as per co-location contracts with loop-back testing, including all DS1, DS3, T1, T3, CAT 6 and CAT 5 connections as per defined cabling procedures
Environment: VSS, DNS, NAT, Cisco ASA, VPN, Checkpoint, Cisco Firewalls, Cisco PIX, F5 (LTM), Load balancers, RIP, OSPF, Juniper, VSTP, SNMP, VLANs, Port Security, VDC, VPC, OTV, Nexus 5k, 7k, Juniper SRX550, Palo-alto, IPsec, Wireshark, SolarWinds, VoIP, Aruba, 802.11, WLAN, EIGRP, BGP, DHCP, HSRP,VRRP,GLBP, VTP, ACL,WAN, DS1, DS3, T1, T3, CAT 6 and CAT 5 connections.,Aruba.
Confidential, Greenville, SC
- Assisted in troubleshooting LAN connectivity and hardware issues in the network of 500 hosts.
- Performed client requirements to provide solutions for network design, configuration, administration, and security.
- Involved in troubleshooting IP addressing issues and Updating IOS images using TFTP.
- Maintained redundancy on Cisco 2600, 2800 and 3600 router with HSRP.
- Created a backup and recovery policy for software application and verified peripherals are working properly.
- Monitor performance of network and servers to identify potential problems and bottleneck.
- Performed RIP & OSPF routing protocol administration. Support services to reduce the downtime on leased lines.
- Troubleshoot problems day to day basis & provide solutions that would fix the problems within their Network.
- Maintenance and Troubleshooting of connectivity problems using Ping, Trace route.
- Daily responsibilities included monitoring remote site using network management tools, assisted in design guidance for infrastructure upgrade & help LAN administrator with backbone connection and connectivity issue Other responsibilities included documentation and support other teams
- Designed and Implemented plan for migration from existing Catalyst switches to Nexus and configured NX-OS Virtual Port Channels, Nexus port profiles, Nexus VPC peer links on Nexus 5k and 7k
- Acquitted with Cisco Meraki for Cisco Wireless devices Monitoring, managing and troubleshooting Cisco Wireless devices using Cisco Meraki.
- Creating individualized configurations for Juniper and Cisco routers to make changes to meet new standards
- Cisco ASA/Checkpoint, Palo Alto Firewall troubleshooting and policy change requests for new IP segments that either come on line or that may have been altered during various planned networkchanges on the network.
Environment: LAN, IOS, TFTP, Cisco 2600, 2800 and 3600, HSRP, RIP & OSPF, NX-OS, Nexus 5k and 7k, Cisco Meraki, Cisco ASA
- Configuring and troubleshooting multi-customer network environment.
- Involved in network monitoring, alarm notification and acknowledgement.
- Implementing new/changing existing data networks for various projects as per the requirement.
- Troubleshooting complex networks layer 1, 2to layer 3 (routing with MPLS, BGP, EIGRP, OSPF protocols) technical issues.
- Providing support to networks containing more than 2000 Cisco devices.
- Performing troubleshooting for IOS related bugs by analyzing past history and related notes.
- Carrying out documentation for tracking network issue symptoms and large scale technical escalations.
- Managing the service request tickets within the phases of troubleshooting, maintenance, upgrades, fixes, patches and providing all-round technical support.
- Commissioning and Decommissioning of the MPLS circuits for various field offices.
- Preparing feasibility report for various upgrades and installations.
- Ensure Network, system and data availability and integrity through preventive maintenance and upgrade.
- Involved in L2/L3 Switching Technology Administration including creating and managing VLANs, Port security, Trunking, STP, Inter-Vlan routing, LAN security.
- Worked on the security levels with RADIUS, TACACS+.
- Completed service requests (i.e. - IP readdressing, bandwidth upgrades, IOS/platform upgrades, etc.)
- Identify, design and implement flexible, responsive, and secure technology services
- Modified internal infrastructure by adding switches to support server farms and added servers to existing DMZ environments to support new and existing application platforms.
- Configured switches with port security and 802.1 xs for enhancing customer's security.
- Monitored network for optimum traffic distribution and load balancing using Solar winds.
- Validate existing infrastructure and recommend new network designs.
- Created scripts to monitor CPU/Memory on various low end routers in the network.
- Installed and maintained local printer as well as network printers.
- Handled installation of Windows NT Server and Windows NT Workstations.
- Handled Tech Support as it relates to LAN & WAN systems
Environment: Cisco 2990/3550/6550 switches, Cisco 7200/3845/3600/2800 routers, EIGRP, RIP, OSPF, BGP, VPN, Ether Channels, and Sniffer.
- Worked with the Help Desk for circuit troubleshooting to give Support to the Tech persons at the site.
- Configuring routers and sending it to Technical Consultants for new site activations and giving online support at the time of activation.
- Supporting Development team for the access to corporate network and outside world. Providing access to specific IP, Port filter and port access.
- Experience in Cisco 7200, 7600 routers, Cisco 2800 3700 series switches: Physical cabling, IP addressing, Wide Area Network configurations (Frame-relay and ATM).
- Performed troubleshooting, while maintaining trouble ticket tracking, following internal/external escalation procedures and customer notifications. Configured Cisco Routers for OSPF, RIP, IGRP RIPv2, EIGRP, Static and default route.
- Configured the Cisco router as IP Firewall and for NATting.
- Switching (Ethernet) related tasks included implementing VLANS and configuring ISL trunk on Fast-Ethernet channel between switches.
- Installed and configured PIX 520, 525, 535 series firewalls, configured standard and extended access-lists and policy- based filters.
- Configured ASA 5510 appliance and VPN.
- Responsible for implementing Qos prioritizing voice traffic over a data.
- Implemented SNMP on Cisco routes to allow for network management. Completed the installation and configuration of T1, T3 & OC3 circuits.
- Troubleshoot TCP/IP problems, troubleshoot connectivity issues
Environment: Cisco 7200, 7600, Cisco 2800 3700, OSPF, RIP, IGRP RIPv2, EIGRP, NATting, VLANS & ISL, PIX 520, 525, 535, ASA 5510, VPN, SNMP, T1, T3, OC3, TCP/IP.