- A dedicated professional with 3 years’ experience in Implementation, Administration, Operations and Troubleshooting of enterprise data networks as a Network Engineer.
- Experience in the configuration of Cisco Catalyst 2900,2960, 3560, 3750, 3650, 4500, 4900, Legacy Cat 6500 series, Nexus 7010, 5548 and 2248 switches and deep understanding of architecture.
- Experience working with 2600, 2900, 3600, 3900, 4300, 4400, 7200, 7600 series Cisco Routers.
- Experience working on changes, demands, tasks & tickets. Expertise in group mgmt., presentations, SLA mgmt. Expertise in implementation, optimization, analysis, troubleshooting & documentation
- Experience in configuration & deployment of OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, Policy - based routing on Cisco Routers.
- Experience working on Checkpoint and other firewalls, NAT rules, monitoring traffic & troubleshooting
- Experience with Network design, deployment on establishing a site with full-fletched network access.
- Experience with setting up Cisco ASA firewalls Cisco ASA 5510, Cisco ASA 5512, Cisco ASA 5505 & Cisco ASA 5506 with restricted security policies, NAT implantation, DMZ interfaces to restrict traffic flow
- Implementation of traffic filters using Standard and Extended access-lists, Distributed-Lists, Route maps and route manipulation using Offset-lists. Implementation of Gateway Redundancy using HSRP, GLBP
Routers: Cisco 7600, 7200, 4321, 4331, 4431, 3800, 3900, 3600, 2900, 2800, 2600, 1941, 881
Routing: OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, RIP v1/v2, PBR, DMVPN, Route Filtering, Redistribution, Summarization and Static Routing.
Switches: Nexus 2K/5K/7K, Catalyst 6500, 4500, 3850, 3650, 3560, 3750, 2960
Switching: LAN, VTP, STP, PVST+, RPVST+, Inter VLAN routing & Multi-Layer Switches, Ether channels, Transparent Bridging.
Network Security: Cisco ASA, CheckpointLAN: Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet
WAN: PPP, HDLC, Channelized links(T1/T3), Fiber Optics, Frame Relay, MPL
Features & Services: IOS and Features, SNMP, SYSLOG, DHCP, CDP, TFTP, FTP
Network Management: Solarwinds, PRTG Monitors, Wireshark, Netflow Analyzer, Syslog
Others: Cisco Meraki Management, Cradlepoints ECM, PRTG, ACM
Confidential, Herndon, VA
- Understand the customer’s organizational structure and become familiar with the customer’s network implementation and support processes and procedures to help in designing a network that is available and sustainable.
- Understand the customer’s existing network design and technical requirements of new network designs.
- Support design and planning of Brocade MLX, FCX, ICX, and VDX Fabric, routing and switching products within the customer infrastructure.
- To carry out testing of new designs, features, patches fixes and functionality as required by the customer in a lab environment and to help in planning to implement and verify these features and designs in the live network.
- To troubleshoot equipment and network problems and to open and track Brocade TAC cases through to problem resolution on pre-and post-production issues.
- To produce a written summary report of the status of design projects, equipment and network problems on a regular basis to the customer and the Brocade Account Team.
Confidential, Redmond, WA
- Primary responsibilities include performing changes to network following standard ITIL ticketing process, design and implementation, troubleshooting of networks.
- Created Operational, Standard & Emergency Changes for network design, raised demands, worked on tickets of various levels (P1, P2, P3) for troubleshooting user issues.
- Responsible for configuration & troubleshooting of Cisco routers & switches. Configurations involved routing protocols like OSPF, BGP, and EIGRP, DMVPN, IWAN, MPLS, QoS, Static routes, Vlans, VRFs etc.
- Deployed Nexus 2248 Fabric Extenders, 5596 series Fabric Interconnect, 7010 with f3 modules, with features like VPC, VDC, and Fabric Path for high availability and redundant server farm environment.
- Built, deployed & maintained Cisco Meraki WAPs. Created Networks, Implemented Firewall Policies for various SSIDs, Access Lists, maintained all devices on Meraki Cloud in separate networks
- Built, deployed & maintained Cradlepoints on Cradlepoints ECM portal to provide Internet access using Verizon 4G. Deployed few of them as main Internet providers, few to provide Internet offload and the rest to work with Cisco ASAs to provide secure 4G VPN offload.
- Built number of Site-to-Site VPN tunnels between Cisco ASAs at various sites and the main hub ASAs at datacenters, between routers and firewalls. Configured access lists, NAT, DHCP scopes, restricted/allowed access on the firewalls, redistributed these subnets on our main Nexus switches.
- Built, configured and maintained PRTG Network monitoring probes. Deployed probes with VMWARE-ESXi OS & established communications with main PRTG servers at Datacenters. Uploaded sensors to monitor traffic utilization, latencies of applications like OTM, Salesforce, EDX, Hyperion and O365 etc.
- Worked on Checkpoint Firewalls to monitor traffic drops, implemented NAT rules, monitored logs for traffic, worked on failover to secondary firewall, troubleshooted various bugs and obtained fixes.
- Implemented and troubleshooted RIP, EIGRP, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP and static routes on Cisco routers
- Worked on configurations and troubleshooting of various CSU/DSU devices
- Worked on OSPF using features like TSA, SA, NSSA, route summarization. Deployed BGP multi-homed networks & worked on Local preference, MED, AS-PATH, Community, Weight for route manipulation.
- Configured WAN Infrastructure running OSPF as a core routing protocol. Streamlined OSPF costs to account for network delay. Diagnosed MPLS protocol problems including VRF and COS to full resolution.
- Performed Route Filtering and Route Manipulation by applying distribute-lists, route-maps, administrative distance, offset-lists and using various metrics and firewall rules.
- Planned and implemented Subnetting, VLSM to conserve IP addresses. Involved in troubleshooting of DNS, DHCP and other IP conflict problems
- Built the Datacentre right from the scratch, turned up devices and got them into Production. Deployed new data centres with Cisco 6506’s, 6800’s, F5 load balancers, Nexus Switches like 7004, 7710, 5596 etc.
- Performed Enterprise refresh on Switch Blocks to replace legacy Catalyst 6509, 4507 with SUP-720, SUP-6, migration to Nexus with SUP-2E
- Set up VSS clusters, port channels, VLAN trunks, VTP, inter VLAN routing on Catalyst 6509, 6513 switches..
- Designed, implemented & configured of HSRP, GLBP and VRRP. Performed HSRP Anycast on the core switches at Data centres. Provisioned gateway redundancy using HSRP & ACLs for layer-3 security.