- Talented and self - driven network technician with over 5 years’ experience and exceptional ability to build, maintain and troubleshoot user-friendly networks of any size.
- Strong experience and technical abilities in troubleshooting problems in network systems
- Excellent hands in working with latest and advanced Cisco switches and routers
- Expert in configuration of VPN, BGP, IPSEC VPN, OSPF and EIGRP
- Remarkable knowledge of Windows Server and other windows OS, DNS, DHCP.
- Familiarity with network security concepts and methodologies
- Solid knowledge of TCP/IP and routing protocols
TOOLS: TCP/IP, TFTP TELNET, SSH, DHCP, NAT, DNS, PPP, TCP/UDP, HTTP, HTTPS, ETHERNET, NTP, VPN, BGP, OSPF, IS-IS, RIPv2, IPV4/IPV6, SUBNETTING, WIRELESS, HSRP, VRRP, GLBP, ETHERCHANEL (PAGP, LACP), RSTP, SPAN, STP, VLAN, VPN, MPLS, SNMPv2, SNMPv3, SOLARWIND, IPsec, Access List (ACL)
PLATFORMS: Cisco routers (7200, 3800, 2800 series) switches (6500, 4500, 3950, 3500XL 3700, 3900, 2900 series)
OPERATING SYSTEMS & OTHER SOFTWARE: Windows (95, 98, 2000, XP, 2003, Vista, 2008, 8, 7, 10, 2012), Linux (Ubuntu) VMWARE, VirtualBox, Microsoft Office.
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Monitored network using Solarwinds, optimizing and ensuring seamless traffic flow.
- Planned, designed and implemented client network supporting 1000+ end users while ensuring the least wastage of network resources, using Variable Length Subnet Mask (VLSM).
- Implemented Access Control Lists (ACL) and object groups on ASA firewalls, to filter traffic in and out of client network, and also restrict access to certain network resources.
- Coordinated and assigned staff aptly and scheduled on-call hours for handling escalations from the Network Operations Center.
- Provisioned redundant uplink and power sources when possible, and established plans for future possible failure scenarios.
- Deployed a large-scale HSRP solution to improve the uptime of collocation customers, in the event a core router became unreachable.
- Upgraded network servers, switches and routers at scheduled upgrade windows to minimize network down time.
- Enforced WAN end point reachability by implementing the appropriate circuit suiting client’s needs, this was made possible with ISP collaboration.
- Implemented a robust and secured Wireless infrastructure in order to accommodate mobile users.
- Performed upgrades on Cisco UCS hardware.