Sr. Network Engineer Resume
- 7 years of experience in Networking and Security, including hands - on experience in providing network support, installation and analysis for a broad range of LAN / WAN/MAN communication systems.
- Proficient in Cisco IOS for configuration & troubleshooting of routing protocols: MP-BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, RIP, BGP v4, MPLS.
- Experience in configuring Cisco Catalyst 2960, 3750, 4500, 6500 and Nexus 3000, 5000, 6000, 7000 series switches and Cisco 2600, 2800, 3600, 3800, 7200, 7600 series routers, Load Balancers & Cisco Firewalls
- Hands on experience in configuring and supporting site-to-site and remote access Cisco, IPSec, VPN solutions using ASA/PIX firewalls, Cisco and VPN client.
- Implementing and troubleshooting complex layer 2 technologies such as VLAN Trunks, VTP, Ether channel, STP, RSTP, MST, HSRP, VRRP for Default Gateway Redundancy.
- Involved in troubleshooting of DNS, DHCP and other IP conflict problems.
- Experience in working with Cisco Nexus Switches and Virtual Port Channel configuration.
- Worked on F5 LTM, GTM series like 6400, 6800, 8800 for the corporate applications and their availability testing Cisco routers and switches in laboratory and deploy them on site production.
- Hands-on experience in Tier II ISP Routing Policies, Network Architecture, IP Subnetting, VLSM, TCP/IP, NAT, DHCP, DNS, FT1 / T1 / FT3 / T3 SONET POS OCX / GigE circuits, Firewalls.
- Strong knowledge of TACACS+, RADIUS implementation in Access Control Network.
- Worked extensively in Configuring, Monitoring and Troubleshooting Cisco's ASA 5500/PIX security appliance, Failover DMZ zoning & configuring VLANs/routing/NAT with the firewalls as per the design.
- Knowledge in preparing Technical Documentation and presentations using Microsoft VISIO/Office.
- Excellent customer management/resolution, problem solving, debugging skills and capable of quickly learning, effectively analyzes results and implement and delivering solutions as an individual and as part of a team.
- Experience in designing MPLS VPN and QoS for architecture using Cisco multi-layer switches.
- Excellent customer management/resolution, problem solving, debugging skills and capable of quickly learning, effectively analyzing results and implement and delivering solutions as an individual and as part of a team.
- Expertise in creating groups and pruning traffic flow using VLAN, VTP, ISL, 802.1Q.
- Working experience with REMEDY for ticket change management process.
- Excellent in documentation and updating client’s network documentation using VISIO.
Operating Systems: DOS, Windows 95/98, Windows NT/2000/XP/Vista/7/8.
IP Routing: RIPv1, RIPv2, BGP, OSPF, IGRP, EIGRP.
Communication Protocols: TCP/IP, UDP, DHCP, DNS, ICMP, SNMP, ARP, RARP, PPP, HDLC and ISDN.
Topologies: Frame Relay, ATM, T1, T3, OC3, OC12, OC48, Ethernet, Cable Modem, xDSL and Wireless.
Network Peripherals: Hubs, Cisco switches (2900, 2924, 2950, 3550, 3560, 4000, 5500, 6500, 6509, 6513,), Cisco routers (2600, 2800, 3640, 3700, 3825, 7200, 7204, and 7206), Cisco PIX 500 series, and Cisco ASA 5500 series
Sniffers: WireShark, Solarwinds
F irewall Security: Cisco ASA, Juniper SRX, Palo Alto
Confidential, Dover, DE
Sr. Network Engineer
- Configured Routing protocols such as RIP, OSPF, EIGRP, static routing and policy based routing.
- Team member of Configuration of Cisco 7206 router with VPN and Configuration of Catalyst switches.
- Configuration 7609, 7606 with OSPF and catalyst 6505, 4500, 3550 switches with various VLAN.
- Create and test Cisco router and switching operations using OSPF routing protocol, ASA Firewalls, and MPLS switching for stable VPNs.
- Prepared, reviewed and modified existing VoIP and data architecture and identify areas for improvement in the areas of scalability, maintainability and performance
- Configuration and troubleshooting link state protocols like OSPF in single area and multiple areas.
- Redesign of Internet connectivity infrastructure for meeting bandwidth requirements.
- Configured HSRP and VLAN trucking 802.1Q, VLAN Routing on Catalyst 6500 switches.
- Optimized performance of the WAN network consisting of Cisco 3550/4500/6500 switches by configuring VLANs.
- Configuration and troubleshooting of Cisco 2500, 2600, 3000, 6500, 7500, 7200 Series routers.
- Providing Technical Support and solutions for Network Problems.
- Implementing NAT solution's on wan applications.
- Upgrading IOS, troubleshooting network outages.
- Continually monitor, assess and improve network security, test and implement new security technologies.
- Participate in all technical aspects of LAN, WAN, VPN and security Internet Service projects including, short and long term planning, implementation, project management and operations support as required.
- Configuring Voice VLANS with respect to Cisco VOIP phones 7940, 7960.
- Worked with the Call manager installation for deploying Cisco VOIP.
- Provided VPN services to site-to-site and, Remote access VPNs using IPSec tunneling along with ensuring of high availability.
- Managed, deployed and provided troubleshooting support for Routing Protocols. Performed route manipulation to influence traffic flows using protocols OSPF and BGP across the WAN MPLS cloud.
- Involved in design, documentation, planning and migration of data center fabric from legacy catalyst switches to nexus switches.
- Responsible for simulating network operations with usage of monitoring tools like wireshark, netcool thereby resolving tickets as per the issue.
Environment: JuniperSRX,F5BIG-IP LTM 3900,LAN,WAN,RIP,OSPF,BGP,EIGRP,HSRP,VRRP,RSTP,Palo Alto,RIP,EIGRP,OSPF,BGP.
Confidential, Reston, Virginia
- Coordinate between client and vendors sales and technology specialist for new and pre authorized sales
- Closely work with Cisco team for new product and deployment, provide expert solution and new product solution for the engineering team
- Worked on Sprint labs installing and developing new network layers
- Test routing between tow links connected OC3 Mpls cloud from one lab to another lab
- Test lte devices through port channeling between multiple Cisco 6500 and 7600 switches
- Working on WAN accelerators Riverbed, Steel head, and other components such as sensors and gateway
- Deploying and configuring new templates for Switches and routers this is New generation Upgrade project
- Currently support Engineering Unit to deploy ESXI platform provide support and test plan
- Install ESXi and V-sphere on Dell and Cisco Chasses
- Support windows 2008 Linux and Unix operating systems. AD, DNS etc
- Maintain and help in designing Backbone hardware and software structure, currently assessing new Cisco gear install
- Supporting TS ad Secret Network (remodeling Cable infrastructure including Fiber and copper Re tagging and identifying proper Patch panels along with new naming convention )
- Supporting Network Devices Switches and routers On 5 enclaves classified and unclassified, creating Vlans adding users STP issues EIGRP issues routing, Port security etc.
Environment: EIGRP, Cisco 6500 and 7600 switches, OC3 Mpls cloud.
Confidential, Albany, NY
Sr. Network Engineer
- VoIP upgrade to the Nortel DMS-100 Switch core network
- Performed OSPF, BGP, DHCP Profile, HSRP, IPV6, Bundle Ethernet implementation on ASR 9K redundant pair.
- Configured CIDR IP RIP, PPP, BGP, MPLS and OSPF routing.
- Assisted in MPLS migrations, implemented a backup for the existing WAN connection using site-to-site IP sec VPN tunnels.
- Configuring and installing 6500, 4500 in Campus networks.
- Experience with WCS predictive maps and RF Engineering Planning.
- Switches Replace branch hardware with new 2851 routers and 2960 switches.
- Conversions to BGP WAN routing. Which will be to convert WAN routing from OSPF to BGP (OSPF is used for local routing only) which involves new wan links.
- Convert Branch WAN links from TDM circuits to MPLS and to convert encryption from IPSec/GRE to GetVPN.
- Configuring routing protocols OSPF, EIGRP,RIP, MPBGP, LDP and BGPV4
- Configuring HSRP between VLANs, Configuring Ether-Channels, Port Channel on 6500 catalyst
- Worked on F5 LTM, GTM series like 6400, 6800, 8800 for the corporate applications and their availability
- Maintained complex LAN/WAN networks with several VLANS and provided support for routing protocols and also providing secure sessions over internet using IPSec and SSL encryption.
- Worked extensively on Cisco ASA 5500(5510/5540) Series, experience with convert PIX rules over to the Cisco ASA solution.
- Worked on migration of existing PIX firewall to ASA firewall, PIX OS upgrade from 6.3 to 7.0.
- Design and Implement DMZ for FTP, Web and Mail Servers with CISCO PIX 506, PIX515
- Building the VPN tunnel and VPN encryption.
- Involved in Configuration of Access lists (ACL) on ASA firewall for the proper network routing for the B2Bnetwork connectivity.
- To secure configurations of load balancing in F5, SSL/VPN connections, Troubleshooting CISCO ASA firewalls, and related network security measures.
- Provided proactive threat defense with ASA that stops attacks before they spread through the network.
- Designed and implemented DMZ for Web servers, Mail servers & FTP Servers using Cisco ASA5500 Firewalls.
- Troubleshoot the Network Issues onsite and remotely depending on the severity of the issues.
- Performed Break Fix support through driving to different buildings, identifying the root cause of the hardware issues with switches, routers.
- Design, implementation and operational support of routing/switching protocols in complex environments including BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, Spanning Tree, 802.1q, etc.
- Worked with creating VIP (virtual servers), pools, nodes and applying iRules for the virtual servers like cookie persistency, redirection of the URL.
- Created Visio Dean / Visio Documentation to give complete picture of network design for each building.
- Experience in Configuring, upgrading and verifying the NX-OS operation system.
Environment: Cisco 2948/3560/4500/3560/3750/3550/3500/2960 6500 switches and Cisco 3640/12000 /7 200/3845/3600/2800 routers, Cisco Nexus 7K/5K, Cisco ASA 500, windows server 2003/2008: F5 BIGIP LTM,RIP,OSPF,BGP,EIGRP,LAN,WAN,VPN,HSRP
Jr. Network Engineer
- Supporting EIGRP and BGP based PwC network by resolving level 2 &3 problems of internal teams & external customers of all locations.
- Responsible for service request tickets generated by the helpdesk in all phases such as troubleshooting, maintenance, upgrades, patches and fixes with all around technical support
- Upgrade, Cisco Routers, Switches and Firewall (PIX) IOS using TFTP.
- Updated the HP open view map to reflect and changes made to any existing node/object.
- Configuring HSRP between the 3845 router pairs for Gateway redundancy for the client desktops.
- Configuring STP for switching loop prevention and VLANs for data and voice along with Configuring port security for users connecting to the switches.
- Ensure Network, system and data availability and integrity through preventive maintenance and upgrade.
- Completed service requests (i.e. - IP readdressing, bandwidth upgrades, IOS/platform upgrades, etc.)
- Involved in L2/L3 Switching Technology Administration, including creating and managing VLANs, Port security, Trunking, STP, Inter-Vlan routing, LAN security.
- Worked on the security levels with RADIUS, TACACS+.
- Identify, design and implement flexible, responsive, and secure technology services
- Modified internal infrastructure by adding switches to support server farms and added servers to existing MZ environments to support new and existing application platforms.
- Configured RIP, PPP, BGP and OSPF routing.
- Involved in the configuration & troubleshooting of routing protocols: MP-BGP, OSPF, LDP, EIGRP, RIP, BGP v4. Configured IP access filter policies.
- Identify, design and implement flexible, responsive, and secure technology services
- Experience with Firewall Administration, Rule Analysis, Rule Modification
- Implemented Positive Enforcement Model with the help of Palo Alto Networks .
- Innovated with support of Palo Alto for remote and mobile users and for analyzing files for malware in a separate (cloud-based) process that does not impact stream processing.
- Creating and provisioning Juniper SRX firewall policies.
- Created standard access lists to allow SNMP, NTP and logging servers.
- Documented new VPN enrollments in a database and create standard procedures for further improvement.
- Troubleshoot traffic passing managed firewalls via logs and packet captures
- Managed fast Layer 3 switched/routed LAN/WAN infrastructure as a part of Network team. The LAN consisted of Cisco campus model of Cisco 3550 at access layer, Cisco 6513 at distribution/core layer.
- Configure VRRP & GLBP and VLAN Trunking 802.1Q & ISL, STP, Port Security on Catalyst 6500 switches.
- Negotiate VPN tunnels using IPSec encryption standards and also configured and implemented site-to-site VPN, Remote VPN.
Environment: EIGRP,RIP,CSM,SUP720,Ether Channels, Cisco 200/3845/3600/2800, OSPF,BGP,VPN,MPLS routers, Fluke and Sniffer, Cisco 6509/ 3750/3550/3500/2950 switches.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes