- Over 8 years of practical experience in the IT field as a network engineer, with proficient hands - on experience in the areas of Firewalls, Routing, Switching and Troubleshooting
- Strong knowledge in configuring and troubleshooting routing protocols like RIP, OSPF, IS-IS, SNMP, EIGRP and BGP
- Installing and Configuring Cisco switches 2960, 3560, 4500, 6500, 4900, 2900, 3750, Nexus 5000,Nexus 7000, WS-C4948, Juniper EX, QFX and Alcatel 7705 SAR series
- Hands-on expertise with routers 2600, 2900, 3600, 3900, 7200, 7600, ASR-901, ASR-903,, ASR 5500, ASR- 9010 and Juniper ACX, E, M, MX960 series
- Working Knowledge on Devices like Juniper SRX240, Alcatel5620 SAM, 9500 MPR and Omniswitch 6400
- Installing and Configuring Palo Alto FW’s PA-500, PA-2020,PA-2050,PA-3020,PA-3050, PA-4020,PA-4050, PA-4060, PA-5020,PA-5050, PA-5060 & M-100
- Implementation, working analysis, troubleshooting and documentation of LAN,WAN&WLAN architecture with excellent work experience on IP series
- Working knowledge with Load Balancers F5 LTM like 3900, 6900 for various applications
- Working knowledge of Firewall, LDAP, AAA, TACACS/RADIUS, and IPSEC.
- Proficient with TCP/IP and relative OSI models
- Security policy configuration including NAT, PAT, VPN, SSL-VPN, Route-maps and Access Control Lists.
- Strong practical experience in IP addressing, Sub-netting, VLSM and ARP, proxy ARP, and ping concepts
- Expertise in troubleshooting and configuring DNS, DHCP,TFTP,TELNET,SSH, FTP and NFS
- Excellent hands-on experience in designing and implementing IP addressing that includes both IPV4 and IPV6
- Implementation of Access lists, route maps, and distribute lists.
- Strong fundamental knowledge in implementing Layer-2 level technologies including VLAN’s, VTP, STP, RSTP and Trunking.
- Technical support for improvement, up-gradation & expansion of the network architecture.
- Working experience on tools and devices like Gigamon, SourceFire, Fireeye, Aruba, Cisco ASA, Cisco ISE.
- Good understanding and working knowledge of Protocols like IEEE 802.1, IEEE 802.3& IEEE 802.11, 802.1x, EAP, PEAP & EAP-TLS.
- Hands-on experience of string parsing, libraries, API’s, regexp and more.
- Expertise on various Operating Systems and software’s like Win8, Win7, Win 2008, Win Vista, Ubuntu, Kali Linux, Red Hat Linux, Asterisk and MS Office Suite, Adobe Photoshop,.
- Working Experience in SONET, DWDM & ATM Networks.
- Working Experience in VMware ESX 5.x, VMware Workstation, VMware vCenter Server, Microsoft SharePoint, System Center 2012 R2, C++.
- VoIP Installation and troubleshooting, configuring Digium Phones and setting up VoIP over VLAN.
- Good understanding and working knowledge of ITIL standards
- Hands on experience on several Ticketing Tools like JIRA, Change Management, Service Catalog, ePCR, SR, Remedy, IPcenter, etc.,
- Working Experience on web content filter and gateways like Blue Coat, Websense.
- Working Experience on Network Scanning, Management, Alerting & Logging tools like SolarWinds, IBM Net cool, Science Logic, Log Logic, EM7, Indeni, nCircle, PRTG, Wire shark.
- Expertise in CCNA, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CCNA Wireless, CCNA Service Provider and Working knowledge of CCNP, CCNP Security. unmatched and proven capabilities in learning and working with emerging new technologies
- Capable enough to work independently with minimal supervision and multitasking
- Equally capable of working as a team member or a team leader as per the situation and its demands
- Excellent communication skills, team work, organizing skills to hold meeting and events.
- Excellent knowledge in Routing and Switching, Security and Voice domains of Networking at expert /Professional Level.
- Worked on various routing protocols like - RIP V2, EIGRP, and OSPF.
- Comprehensive understanding of OSI Model, TCP/IP protocol suite (IP, ARP, ICMP, TCP, UDP, SNMP, FTP, TFTP).
- Planning, Designing, Implementation of small, medium organisations including LAN, VLAN, PVLAN, WLAN and WAN on wired and wireless networks.
- Port channel, L2TP, ACL, VACL, SPAN, VTP,
- Have vast experience in designing and configuring of Switches for VLANS and inter-switch communications
- Having experience in implementation of WAN protocols - ISDN, HDLC, PPP, Frame-Relay
- Implemented traffic filters on Cisco routes using Standard and Extended access-list
- Configuring NAT, dynamic and static, TCP overloading
- Network system problem analysis, diagnosis and troubleshooting.
- Utilize the OSI model as a guide for systematic network troubleshooting
- Performed LAN, WAN, WLAN and VLAN troubleshooting
- Design/Implementation and troubleshooting of Cisco Unified Communication.
- Troubleshooting and Maintenance of IPSLA Routers and Voice Gateways.
- Experience in LAN, WLAN, WAN Networking, specifically on Cisco Platform, and to some extent in Junipers.
- Extreme LAN technology. Design expertise in VoIP networks ON Cisco and Nortel interpretability.
- Analysed and optimized bandwidth utilization and ensured profitability through load balancing using HSRP & GLBP.
Routing: RIPV1, RIPV2, IGRP, EGIRP, OSPF, BGP, Route Filtering, Redistribution, Summarization, and Static Routing.Switching: VLANs, PVLAN, VTP, STP, PVST+, RPVST+, Inter VLAN routing & Multi-Layer Switch, Ether channels, Transparent Bridging, CEF, DECF, Port Security, VSS Cisco 2960, 3560, 4500, 6500, 4900, 2900, 3750, Nexus 5000,Nexus 7000, WS-C4948, Juniper EX, QFX and Alcatel 7705 SAR
Routers: Cisco 7600, 7606, 7609, 7613, 7200, 4400, 3900, 3800, 2900, 1900, ASR-901, ASR-903,, ASR 5500, ASR-9010, 7206 VX, MWR 2941, Alcatel 7705 SAR,Juniper ACX, E, M, MX960 and SRX 240 series
Switches: Cisco Catalyst 6500, 4500, 3560, 3750, 2960, Nexus 7000, Nexus 6000, Nexus 5000,Juniper EX, QFX and Alcatel 7705 SAR series
Network Security: Cisco ASA5550/ 5540,NetScreen, Juniper SRX, Palo Alto, Checkpoints, AAA, Firemon, FREE RADIUS, CADA, LDAP, IPsec VPN, SSL VPN, IDS, IPS, SourceFire, FireEye, Cisco NAC (4.9.3), Cisco ISE, Aruba, RSA, RSA 2 Factor, SIEM, Qradar, Tripwire, Nessus
LAN: Ethernet (IEEE 802.3), Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet, Light Weight Access points
WAN: PPP, HDLC, Fiber Optic Circuits, Frame Relay
Network Management: Wire shark, SNMP, Ethereal, SolarWinds, IBM Net cool, Science Logic, Log Logic, EM7, Indeni, nCircle, PRTG, Blue Coat, Websense, Gigamon, Cisco NAC, ISE, Active Directory, GIgamon, Aruba, Netranger, Algosec, tufin, infoblox
Operating Systems: Windows (98, ME, 2000, XP, Sv2003, Sv2008, Sv2012, Vista, 7, 8), Ubuntu, Linux, Kali Linux, CentOS, FreeBSD, Red Hat.
Softwares: VMware ESX 5.x, VMware Workstation, vCenter Server, System Center 2012 R2, MS SharePoint, C++.
Confidential, Plainsboro, NJ
Network Security Engineer
- Working on network designs and creating zones for infrastructure migration
- Designing new security standards to meet the guidelines
- Working with Juniper and Cisco routers for access-list filters
- Configuration of stateful firewalls, validating, stress testing, and working with next-gen firewall and packet inspection technology.
- Configuring IPSec & Remote access VPN connections, encryption algorithms & VPN domains on ASDM and Junos
- Working on firewalls Cisco ASA 5510, 5508, Juniper SRX 220 & SRX 110.
- Monitoring the network for vulnerabilities and alerts and using tools tenable-nessus and logic Monitoring.
- Creating data sheets of access rules on data center and server.
- Coordinating with other teams to troubleshoot the QoS issues for Voice calls.
- Designing, managing and troubleshooting access control lists, and firewall rules for existing and new access.
- Checking logs and in depth analysis of tcp dumps to monitor issues for migration rules from cisco to juniper and other connections issues.
- Reporting updates and the schedules of deliverables.
Confidential, La Vista, NE
- Working on PA-500, PA-2020,PA-2050,PA-3020,PA-3050, PA-4020,PA-4050, PA-4060, PA-5020,PA-5050, PA-5060 & M-100 (Panorama)
- Configuration of stateful firewalls, validating, stress-testing, and working with next-gen firewall and packet inspection technology.
- Architecture, deployment, and support of enterprise network security and engineering systems including IDS/IPS, NetFlow, and 2FA security procedures.
- Lead large-scale network monitoring, automation, and tools deployment for GET clients
- Executing change management to ensure network availability and reliability
- Interpret packet and flow analysis tools to drive troubleshooting, visibility, and root cause analysis of client network anomalies.
- Designing New Security Standards to meet Infosec Guidelines for the Corporate Network.
- Mapping Existing Rules and Zones to Design New Security Zones.
- Designing, Configuring and Implementation of Rules on Palo Alto Firewall.
- Whitelisting URL’s, Configuring URL Categories and URL Filter for Internet Access.
- Working with Integrated Blue Coat proxies in palo alto to manage URL filtering
- Working on FW Interfaces, Zones and Virtual Routers.
- Troubleshooting, finding Root Cause and resolving issues related to Firewall.
- Documentation and designing work for the Projects.
- Used Firewall analyzing tools like Algosec & Tufin, Netranger for Network analysis and Observium for monitoring all network devices health.
- Using tools like infoblox IPAM to manage IP’s
- Working with the Network Users to Monitor FW Logs and help them in Requesting PACE tickets.
- Creating & Configuring Application groups, Application filters, Service groups, Log Forwarding, and Decryption Profiles.
- Completing the PACE & ITSM, Remedy Tickets.
Confidential, Moorestown, NJ
Network Security Engineer
- Troubleshooting firewall and ACL related connectivity issues.
- Working on IPV4 and IPV6 protocols, Multicasting: ASM (Any Source Multicasting), SSM (Single Source Multicastng).
- Designing, Installation and configuration on Checkpoint, ASA, NetScreen and Juniper Firewalls.
- Designing, Installation and configuration of ACL’s and firewall Filters on Cisco and Juniper Routers.
- Troubleshooting MPLS circuits, VPN and SSL VPN connectivity.
- Designing, Installation and configuration of MPLS circuits, VPN and SSL VPN connections on checkpoint Firewalls, Junier&NetScreenVPN Boxes.
- Configuring IPSec VPN connections, encryption algorithms & VPN domains on checkpoint R75.
- Monitoring alerts of Firewalls, AAA, Free Radius, Websense, VPN boxes, and other devices using (Network Security Management) NSM Tools like Indeni, nCircle and EM7, Gigamon, Aruba, SIEM Qradar, Tripwire,
- Troubleshooting and resolving Network Security Monitor alerts.
- Troubleshooting with the TCP dumps and wireshark.
- Vulnerabilities and Risk management.
- Configuring, troubleshooting and managing secure web content gateways and filters like Blue Coat and Websense.
- Working on Active Directory to add users to new groups and change user’s policies.
- Working on RSA 2 Factor, RSA, AAA, SAML, Kerberos, NTLM, and Radius.
- Using tools like sourcefire, Fireeye and Firemon to create security policies, analyze traffic, identify risks, active vulnerabilities monitoring.
- Working on tools and devices Aruba & CADA to assign roles, policies to devices and users.
- Configuring and deploying Cisco NAC & Cisco ISE
- Working on Cisco NAC & ISE to authorize users based on protocols PEAP and EAP-TLS, also manage and monitor user’s access privileges.
- Immediate troubleshooting of the alerts and applying a fix individually or escalating it to different teams for the quick resolution of the alerts without letting any Data Center and/or Servers down.
- Managing and configuring Networks of 10,000+ networking devices with collaboration and support from several different Teams.
- Working and completing different types of ticketing tools like JIRA, CM, SC and SR with SLA time period.
- Creating databases for known errors and problems in the work.
- Using QA tools such as Rally, ALM for setting up QA and test plans, preparation.
- Creating Security operation procedure manuals for different security operations for future reference and training purposes.
- Preparing document manuals for the new work procedures, keeping records of work done and updating work logs and trackers (Visio diagrams, Excel spreadsheets, Word documents).
- Promoting team work by helping peers in daily work and improve the entire productivity output
Confidential, Plainsboro, NJ
- Troubleshoot and coordinate the resolution of connectivity related issues
- Reviewing current network diagram and using IPV4 & IPV6 Protocols.
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of Cisco Routers like 2600, 2800 and 3600 series.
- Installing and configuration and troubleshooting of various Cisco switches like 2900 series, 2950 series, 3550 series, Nexus 5000 and Nexus 7000 series and juniper EX series.
- Working with carrier Ethernet technologies like L2TP, L2vpn, VPLS, VPWS
- Operating, administrating, managing & testing of carrier Ethernets
- Configuring, troubleshooting and managing Networks of over 1000 devices by monitoring health of routers, switches and load balancers and working with team to fix any configuration or hardware issue.
- Configuration and troubleshooting of various routing protocols like RIP, EIGRP and OSPF.
- Configuration of layer 2 Cisco switches for VLAN, PVLAN, Trunking, STP, SPAN, port channel, ether channel and VACL.
- Configuring Load Balancer viz. F5 LTM
- Configuring and monitored different monitor modules F5 BIG-IP LTM
- F5 and DNS traffic Management
- Planning and implementation of IP addressing scheme using sub-netting and VLSM.
- Designing Networks for voice and data networks over LAN and WAN.
- Designing, Implementing and Managing WLAN Distribution Network.
- Configuring of Catalyst 1900 and 2950 switches, VLAN’S and inter VLAN communication.
- Working on cable modems and CMTS (cable modem Termination Systems).
- Working on Cisco device provisioning, CPE Provisioning servers, IPv6 DOCSIS CPE & MDD
- Installing and configuration of BAC, RDU & DPE.
- Configuring Cisco BAC (Broadband access center) along with DOCSIS cable modems.
- Working on Wi-Fi Portfolio by Configuring and Troubleshooting Wireless Access Points (WAP) and Wireless Controllers (WLC) for limited connections issue In Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN)
- Configuring user’s roles and policies for authentication using Cisco NAC and monitoring the status of logged users in network using Cisco ISE.
- Configuring and Troubleshooting WLC to manage ESS for the widespread Confidential WLAN.
- Implementation on Policy Base Routing (PBR)
- Management of Risks and Vulnerabilities
- Managing and configuring of Access lists (ACL), configuring of Wide Area Networking Protocols, HDLC, PPP, Frame Relay, ISDN, NAT, HSRP and VPN
- Working on RSA, AAA, & RADIUS.
- Working with different monitoring tools like Indeni, nCircle, EM7, Gigamon, Aruba, SIEM Qradar, Tripwire.
- Working Troubleshooting with the TCP dumps and wireshark.
- Working on System Center 2012 R2, MS SharePoint and installation and configuration of VMware infrastructure.
- Configuring, maintaining and troubleshooting of NetScreen, Palo Alto.
- Installation, configuration, maintenance & troubleshooting of Cisco ASA 5500 and Cisco PIX Firewall 500.
- Installation, configuring of checkpoints firewall and updating checkpoints software.
- Configuring and designing VPN rules for NetScreenVPN Box and Check points Firewall.
- Designing and Implementing firewall rules and modifying existing rules in Palo Alto, Cisco ASDM, Juniper SRX and checkpoint firewalls.
- Creating and Maintaining Network Documentation (Visio diagrams, Excel spreadsheets, Word documents, etc., )
- Using Ticketing tools like JIRA, Remedy, IPCenter, etc., for logging the troubleshooting issues and their resolutions.
Confidential, Utica, NY
- Working with Microsoft Word, Excel and Access to update Student & Faculty Records
- Managing & Scheduling Appointments
- Filing and Cataloging Records, Providing and managing office supplies
- Call monitoring, reporting and forwarding
- Working & Troubleshooting Printers, checking it’s ports and internet connections, refilling ink cartridges and paper.
- Working with environment researchers to find ways to reduce campus pollution.
- Researching different plants, technologies, energy productions and it’s costs for lower carbon emissions.
- Updating the environmental file with work and estimations, conducting seminars, lecture and events on campus pollution.
- Installing, managing, configuring and cabling Cisco Routers & Switches
- Installing, managing, configuring and cabling Cisco PIX firewalls
- Installing, managing, configuring and cabling Avaya Voip Phones.
- Configuring switch ports to enable voice communications, add trunks, manage IP’s.
- Installing, configuring and managing Asterisk on CentOS for private PBX servers.
- Cataloging the network Lab’s usage and check equipment functionality and ordering new one’s for dysfunctional products.
- Working on Windows Severs to manage student windows accounts and edit access levels, install software’s.
- Working with Xen Hypervisor to manage and maintain virtual machines and virtual labs for students and professors.
- To Implement Local Area Network Solutions and its remote support.
- Network Troubleshooting, basic system & Network Security support 24x7.
- Network Implementation solutions & support .
- Provided very consistence performance in CSAT and schedule adherence
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of Cisco Routers like 7600, 7200 and juniper mx series.
- Installing, configuration, and troubleshooting of various Cisco switches like Nexus 5000 and Nexus 7000 series and Juniper EX series.
- Operating, administrating, managing & testing of carrier Ethernets
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of Palo Alto, Cisco ASA 5500, Juniper SRX and ISG Firewalls
- Troubleshooting server connectivity issues for client intranet,
- Networking: TCP/IP, Troubleshooting client network connectivity in SIMS Buildings, DNS Troubleshooting, Remote Access - Virtual Private Network (VPN).
- Network Security Implementation & Support.
- Network Security tools like SIEM, Qradar, EM7.
- Password resets/unlocks, Giving pseudo Privileges, Providing LAN and Wan Support.
- Interacting with the clients by creating tickets for the issue and dispatching to the correct queues for resolution.
- Involved in the creation and closing of IMAC (Add, Move, Change Requests) tickets.
- Calling back the client to check if the issue has been resolved.
- Troubleshooting client Network Printers. Configuring and supporting various SIMS Applications in Virtual Machine (VM).; Process training for new hires and mentoring them in the first few weeks of hitting the floor
- Installation, Configuration Troubleshooting of UNIX/Linux Server along with Upgrading, Patching, Migration Security, regular Backup, Monitoring the Performances and Fine-tuning.
- Installation, configuring and troubleshooting of VMware infrastructure. Operating VMware vSphere client and vCenter Server.
- Very familiar with tools/ applications like: CWM, Cisco Works, Whatsup Gold, HP Open View, MRTG
Intern Network Analyst
- Provide support to the US customers.
- Provide and maintain strong, professional relationships with the clients and customers.
- Provide help in installing Internet, Security, Network, Wireless Network, Email client software, installation of Routers and basic computer troubleshooting.
- Logging of calls from customers onto a database and following escalation procedures to resolve problems or issues.RDU
- Working with optical cables couplers, SONET, DWDM and ATM Networking.
- To deal with local network issues like - configuring wired & wireless network, implementing security solutions by designing Firewall, VPN rules.
- Working with Cisco ASA firewall to troubleshoot, update and design firewall rules.
- Working on Wi-Fi portfolio like Installing and configuring WAP, WLC’s for wireless networks and managing the WLAN Ad Hoc.
- Configuring and Troubleshooting Cisco Routers and Switches
- Configuring and Troubleshooting Distribution Systems for WLAN connectivity.
- Consistently Highest Performance & Quality Deliverables (CSAT, FCR, Quality, Paid %)
- Achieved highest number of Completely Satisfied Surveys in 3 months
- Received many customer Satisfaction certificate
- Vendor coordination
- Maintaining IT VOICE Infrastructure.
- Participating in the weekend maintenance activity.
- Analyzing health check reports of their SBCs.
- Creating Network Analysis documents.