Dedicated and hands - on professional, armed with extensive network administration skills across both corporate and military settings. Possess keen attention to detail and exceptional work ethic, complemented with a strong dedication to meet organizational goals with the highest level of quality. Demonstrate strong capabilities of providing service excellence and satisfaction by fulfilling every client’s needs and expectations.
- Palo Alto Cisco
- ASA Firewall
- Cisco Routers and Switches
- L3 Switching Bluecoat
- CLI IPv4 IPv6
- Microsoft Visio
- Remote Desktop
- Microsoft Server 2003/2008
Confidential, Ashburn, VA
Sr. Network Administrator
- Implemented a multi-homing, multi-hop BGP solution between two ISPs to ensure our company maintains a highly reliable network with a high overall uptime for internet based traffic.
- Migrated all Palo Alto firewalls into Panorama as well as redesigning the configuration to make use of device groups to allow easier management of all Palo Alto network devices.
- Responsible for design, administration, and maintenance of network switches (Cisco 3650), routers (Cisco 3945), and firewalls (Palo Alto and Cisco ASA 5525x).
- Performed refresh of multiple switches in the network with Cisco 3650 series switches to improve network performance and reliability.
- Reconfigured all network devices from SNMPv2 to SNMPv3 to improve security of SNMP based traffic.
- Maintain all configuration and ACL’s for all Cisco ASA firewalls, Palo Alto firewalls, and at the core level on 6506-e network switches.
- Maintain and update software for all network devices and network server within the corporate network to ensure a highly reliable and more secure network.
- Administer and establish VPN solutions based on company needs to include Remote VPN (Anyconnect), IPSec Site to Site VPN, and Clientless VPN solutions for five geographically separate locations.
- Manage wireless network that includes Aruba 7210 controller and Aruba Clearpass.
- Monitor the network using PRTG to determine issues and ensure network performance is at an optimum level.
- Work with junior level engineers to ensure projects and tickets are completed in a timely manner.
- Update network documentation to ensure all documentation is current and applicable.
Confidential, Reston, VA
- Responsible for administration of network firewalls (Palo Alto and McAfee), internet proxies (Bluecoat), and network monitoring tools (Nagios)
- Maintain and update firewalls rules based on needed security requirements on both GUI and CLI
- Troubleshoot with customers to determine issues with connectivity using packet capture software (Wireshark) and firewall logs
- Configure the internet proxies (Bluecoat) to meet the requirement and restrictions of the acceptable use policy
- Configuration of DMZ switches VLAN and port access to meet the needs of the customer
- Manage incoming tickets and ensure the issue is resolved in a timely manner
- Highly motivated to ensure success of the company and team members
Confidential, Reston, VA
- Responsible for installing, maintaining, and configuring ASA 5512-X next generation series firewalls with CX software
- Maintained all firewall policies to ensure proper security levels are implemented for ingress and egress traffic
- Redesigned the network infrastructure to make better use of routing, switching, and to implement improved security standards
- Improved remote access capabilities to the internal network by implementing the Cisco Anyconnect Secure Mobility Client SSL VPN service
- Implemented an IPSEC Site to Site VPN tunnel from our headquarters office to our Chicago office in order to securely transmit company information from office to office
- Virtualized entire server infrastructure using VCenter and VSphere ESXi 5.5
- Installed, configured, and maintained PRTG for a network monitoring solution
- Ensure the quick resolution of all IP network issues in order to reduce network downtime
- Responsible for providing thorough network documentation, and implementing nightly configuration backups on all networking equipment
- Monitored bandwidth and network activity using Netflow by analyzing information provided by PRTG to ensure efficient and effective network operation
Confidential, McLean, VA
- Support the United States Embassy in Iraq by maintaining local area network (LAN) and wide area network (WAN)
- Exemplify proficiency with various Cisco switches and routers including Cisco 6500, 3800, 3700, 3600, 2900, and 2600 series equipment
- Leverage in-depth familiarity in designing and maintaining the TACACS+ authentication server software
- Utilize extensive background in configuring Cisco ASA Firewall 5500 series with CLI and ASDM
- Exhibit knowledge in using SolarWinds Network Management Software to track network performance
- Ensure the maintenance of reliable network communications from isolation through network outages
- Expertly utilize Cisco Call Manager in support of the daily operations of VoIP technicians
- Function well in utilizing Windows Server 2003, 2008 R2, and 2012.
- Demonstrate expertise in initiating and configuring VMware ESXi 5.1 servers for virtualization.