- Solutions - focused technical professional with proven success designing, configuring, and maintaining local area and wide area networks, delivering optimal performance, reliability, and security.
- Accomplished team leader and operations manager with a history of training and motivating staff, directing day-to-day tasks, and orchestrating major IT projects.
- Diligently monitor network utilization, capacity, and vulnerabilities, rapidly analyzing, troubleshooting, and resolving a diverse array of issues.
- Expertly develop and deploy robust security programs to mitigate exposure, strengthen posture, and enhance staff awareness.
- Customer-focused with excellent communication and interpersonal skills; readily build and maintain productive relationships with internal and external customers, managers, and vendors.
Platforms: Windows 7/8.1/10, Windows Server 2003/2008, CentOS Linux, RedHat Linux, Debian Linux, Gentoo, Linux, BackTrack Linux, RHEL 6/7,FreeBSD, PFSense, NetBSD
Software: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio), Putty, SolarWinds Suite, NetWitness Investigator, NetWitness Visualize, GNS3, NetFlow, WireShark, Cisco Prime, IPTables, LAN Manager, IPTables, Norton Ghost & Anti-Virus Protection Utilities, Symantec BackITup, Bacula, McAfee Antivirus Intrusion Detection & Prevention, SNORT Intrusion Detection System, BASE Snort Web Graphical User Interface, Suricata Intrusion Detection/Prevention System, Webmin Server Manager, Nessus Vulnerabilities Manager, Wireshark, tcpdump, netcat, NFDUMP
Confidential, Springfield, VA
- Develop migration strategy for the removal of Virtual Private LAN Services (VPLS) from 700+ Brocade and Cisco switches and routers in order to simplify network design and improve network convergence time.
- Audited 500+ switches ranging from Brocade MLX-16(e), Brocade SX 800’s, and Brocade FCX’s to Cisco ASR-9001’s, Cisco Nexus 7009’s and 5548’s in order to develop a detailed living engineering implementation plan.
- Coordinated the property transfer, unboxing, configuring, and install of 450+ Cisco 3750-X switches.
- Assisted in the migration of Enterasys and Brocade edge, distribution and core switches to Cisco 3750-x/3850, Cisco Nexus 7004/7009, and Cisco Nexus 5548 switches.
- Led the network migration and standardization efforts at Corpus Christi Army Depot comprising of 300+network devices and appliances.
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Redesigned a critical network segment with 7 switches serving 450+ hosts between Washington, DC and San Diego, increasing network switching capabilities by 422%.
- Assisted with the install of KG-175A GigE and KG-175D network encrypters including fiber optic cable installation, device configuration, and maintenance.
- Boosted communication capabilities by more than 150%, enabling direct communication to 32K+ worldwide destinations on a classified network through the design of the Office of Maritime Engagement VTC project.
- Played a vital role in the Engineering Order development process, creating a detailed and easy to follow outline of required processes and information including network topology test and implementation procedures, precise configuration implementation steps, expected results, etc.
- Designed, deployed, and administered four separate network segments with 15 multilayer Cisco switches, 2 Cisco adaptive security appliances, and 2 McAfee firewall appliances.
- Orchestrated a command-wide technical refresh for an entire classified network enclave with 35+ cisco switches; upgraded more than 115 Cisco supervisor line cards from Sup-6 to Sup-7’s.
- Routinely ensured that all networking devices are Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) compliant via the implementation of Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) over the NIPR and SIPR enclave.
- Installed SolarWinds network suite for IP address supernetwork and subnetwork recordkeeping, asset management and tracking, and network appliance health and connectivity status.
- Developed Job Qualification Requirement (JQR) standards for multiple positions and designed a comprehensive training program for all new hires.
Confidential, Everett, Washington
- Planned and implemented iSCSI storage area network scheme to facilitate fast and reliable end-user storage.
- Assisted in the upgrade of several TACLANE KG-175 network encrypters to the newer KG-175D models including the loading of cryptographic material, the configuration of static routes from end-to-end, and daily, weekly, and monthly maintenance.
- Secured $28K+ in cost savings through the deployment of a Network Attached Storage server spanning classified and unclassified local area networks.
- Strengthened unit network security posture by 75%+ through the automation of vulnerability discovery across 2 classified network enclaves and implementation of Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems.
- Hand-selected to design and administer a command-wide information security program, including development and delivery of Information Security (INFOSEC), Network Best Practice policy, and Information Awareness training.
- Developed a robust, 12-point program to train personnel across multiple Information Technology disciplines.