- Professional tech and security analyst that offers a strong leadership, reliability, and dependable work.
- Ready to learn from innovative technologies, Able to multi - task, work independently or with a team.
- Equipped with over 20 years in information technology industry.
- Intensive knowledge of IT Security covering different platforms.
- First-hand experience working with Intrusion Prevention devices for over 17 years local, and internationally.
- Working knowledge on Symantec Endpoint Protection 12
- Safeguard Enterprise
- Arcsight Logger
- HPFOD scans
- Proventia IPS
- IBM Qradar Network Security
- Cisco IDS
- Siteprotector suite
- Checkpoint Firewall
- ISS Security Scanner
- GFI Network Security Scanner
- Iris Security
- NStealth 5
- Norton Security Analyzer
- John the ripper
- Microsoft office tool
- Kali Linux (Backtrack) etc. Knowledge of Python
- Malware Analysis
- Incident Response
- ISO 27001/02
- NIST 800 and Burp Suite among other things.
Network Security Advisor
- Assess business, technical & security objectives of Confidential customers
- Assess the customer security architecture and landscape and ensure Confidential products are integrated into the overall security infrastructure and processes
- Assist the technical field teams during design sessions with the customer and during implementation of the solution
- Work with technical field teams to map a design into a product/services delivery plan to help the customer to meet their implementation objectives
- Ensure that technical proposals are technically sound, deliverable, competitive, and representative of market leadership in applying technology to address business issues
- Participate in account relationship and issue management activities using a collaborative, consensus-driven approach that supports successful service delivery and issue resolution while navigating organizational complexities of diverse customer environments
- Provide technical leadership for the technical field teams through contribution of best practices and implementation frameworks, identifying/writing whitepapers
- Provide feedback and assist product management with prioritization of new features
- Work effectively with Support and Engineering in resolving issues
- Work with Sales on solving requirements during the sales cycle and handling customer escalations
- Participate in the pre-sales process to understand customer business needs, technical objectives, and product requirements
- Provide advice, support, education, mentorship, and issue/incident response to customer and Confidential staff in the context of project implementation, extended Professional Services offerings, and premiere contract support
- Act as subject matter expert and decisive point of escalation in support of troubleshooting activities for customers involved in project implementation and ongoing life cycle, extended Professional Services offerings, or premiere contract support
- Assist in company improvements utilizing collective ideas, new practices, and analyzing projects related to the IPS deployment. Decreased the failure of signature deployment by 90 percent over a one year period. Promoted new procedures to help archive goals related to IPS deployments.
- Installation, Administration, Management, Troubleshooting and Reporting of IBM Network Intrusion Prevention Systems, Sourcefire devices and Check Point IPS on R77.30
- Installation, Administration, Management, Troubleshooting and Reporting of IBM SiteProtector Management Infrastructure.
- Installation, Administration, Management, Troubleshooting of SNORT IDS.
- Configuration, Shipment, Co-ordination with Site Support, Network/ECS Teams for physical deployment of NIPS sensors.
- Review, Design, Tune-Up Policies for IBM NIPS, SNORT, Opensignature, and Check Point IPS.
- Monitoring and Operations using Lancope StealthWatch Infrastructure.
- Evaluation, testing, pilot, documentation, and implement new upgrades on NIPS, SNORT and Lancope Stealthwatch Infrastructure.
- Identification and Triage of security incidents through log investigation, correlation and analysis using Splunk among other tools.
- Creating Dashboards, Reports, Alerts in Splunk v 6.5 for scheduled reporting and alerting.
- Analysis of packet captures, suspicious files using online/offline utilities.
- Website Access Review and coordination with Bluecoat regarding categories review.
- Incident and Change Management: Security Operations Queue Management and incident assignments.
- Security METRICS and Compliance reporting.
- Team Lead for the IPS Team comprising of 4 members.
- Creation, Review and update of Technical Documentations like Service Manuals, Job Aids, SOPs, etc.
- Conducting training for current/new team members on technical knowledge sharing.
- Coordination with OEM like IBM, Lancope, etc.
Confidential, Bridgewater, New Jersey
- Created new procedures, allowing to improve the HIPS modules on the network, and the HDD encryption tools to minimize impact for the Service Desk department. Decreased the infections/attacks on the internal network by 45% due new recommended parameters, and tasks.
- Designed, deployed and managed the company's Intrusion Prevention Platform ISS SP6/SP7/SP8 for over 45,000+ computers.
- SME for IBM Siteprotector suite.
- Performed Level3 support for tools such as Safeguard Enterprise and Symantec Endpoint Protection.
Confidential, Pennsylvania, Harrisburg
SECURITY ARCHITECT SPECIALIST
- Designed, configured, deployed and managed 3 Siteprotector ISS environments with more than 100,000 agents - Proventia Desktops, Proventia Servers, Server Sensors, IDS and ISS IPS.
- SME for Proventia IPS
- Acted as a Proventia Desktop and Server Sensor trainer for all Pennsylvania State Agencies to help on the End Protection Project.
- Developed and reviewed security plans; providing security guidance for threat analysis, business resumption, and critical infrastructure plans.
IT SECURITY MANAGER / TECHNICAL SUPPORT
- Promoted from local tech support to regional support lead within 1 year of being hired - supervising a team of three members. Reduced administration costs 35% by negotiating pricing and fees on Security devices, while ensuring the continuation, protection and enhancements of the Home Banking services.
- Acted as the Project Lead for the successful start-up; helping to simplify policy and procedure development, budgeting, operations design, hardware installation, and software for the new Security Operation Center in the IT Security Department.
- Worked as Incident Response Team Member with coordination with BCP members and IT technologies Board.
- Managed Checkpoint Firewalls based on NGX, AI and NOKIA IP Series with IPSO 3.9 and SecurePlatform .
- Deployed, configured and administered ISS security suite.