- Over 6 years of experience in the field of Network Engineering (Switching, Routing, Firewall and F5 load balancing) Lifecycle that include designing, planning, implementation & troubleshooting small, medium and large - scale enterprise networks.
- In-depth knowledge of TCP/IP protocol suite and proficiency in configuring and troubleshooting various routing protocols like BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, RIP, Static routing and management of routes using manual summarization, default-routes and redistribution.
- Strong technical support in LAN and WAN troubleshooting, administration and support.
- Expertise knowledge of Cisco IOS and extensive experience on network equipment such as Cisco routers, Cisco Switches, Cisco Firewalls and F5 Load Balancers.
- Expertise in implementing gateway redundancy protocols like HSRP and GLBP.
- Extensive experience in configuring and troubleshooting various Switching protocols which includes VTP, STP, RSTP, PVST, MSTP, creating VLANS and Ether Channel (PAgP, LACP) and implemented inter-VLAN routing besides creating SVI’s and VLAN Trunking using 802.1q.
- Administration of Cisco Routers (1002, ASR, 3K 9K, 7200, 7600).
- Configure, install, maintain and troubleshoot Firewalls (multi-platform).
- Hands-on experience on Up-gradation of Cisco IOS on different Cisco devices and modules.
- Extensive knowledge with VLAN's Trunking, RSTP, SNMP, Ether Channels, HSRP, Port Security, ACL's, Traffic Policing, Shaping, EIGRP, OSPF, NAT, PAT, Inspections, VPN's, DHCP, Wire shark.
- Efficient in installing & Configuring Serial Link, Frame Relay and ISDN networks.
- Experience with setting up Cisco ASA firewalls Cisco ASA 5510, Cisco ASA 5512 & Cisco ASA 5505 with restricted security policies, NAT implantation, configured DMZ interfaces to restrict traffic flow.
- Experience in implementation of offset-list for route manipulation and Access Control Lists, Route-maps, Distribute lists and Prefix- lists for route filtering.
- Implemented various VPN technologies like IPSEC & SSL flavors of VPN in a site-to-site & remote VPN based on requirement.
- Administration and diagnostics of LAN and WAN with in-depth knowledge of TCP/IP, NAT, PPP, ISDN and associates network protocols and services.
- Expertise in installing, configuring, and maintaining Cisco Switches ( 2900, 3500, 7600, 3700 series, 6500 series) Cisco Routers (4800, 3800, 3600, 2800, 2600, 2900, 1800, 1700, 800).
- Experience in configuring ACLs, NAT, Sub netting, VLSM, Syslog Server, DHCP Server, DHCP relay on Cisco routers
- Extensive experience in dealing with Vendors for MPLS installations.
- Extensive experience in configuring and troubleshooting of protocols RIP v1/v2, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP and MPLS.
- Extensive working experience of various Switching Technologies STP, RSTP, VLAN & VLAN Trunking Protocol (VTP) along with Failover Mechanisms such as HSRP & GLBP on Layer 2 Setup, Inter-VLAN routing, Ether channel using LACP.
- Windows Server 2008 & 2012 experience in small to medium enterprise set up, managed about 50+ servers, experience with Active Directory, Disaster Recovery, Print Server, DHCP, DNS, Remote Desktop and Terminal Services.
- Hands on experience with Huawei NE40-8 and NE40E-4 Routers, S7800, S6502, S3900 Switches.
- Hands on experience with monitoring network equipment, BTS management and transmission of microwave equipment by using monitoring tool M2000, N2000 and T2000.
- Experience in co-ordination and follow up with Media provider, Co-location partner, Hardware vendor and upstream bandwidth provider.
- Experience with troubleshooting and providing technical support related to WiMAX CPE.
- Strong understanding of Routing-Switching protocol and technologies (RIPV1, RIPV2, EIRGP, OSPF, BGP, MPLS, VTP, STP, RSTP, MSTP, HSRP, VRRP, GLBP, FRAME-RELAY, IPV6, DMVPN, GRE-TUNNEL, VLAN, ETHER-CHANNEL and L3 Switching). Hands on experience with GNS3 and Cisco packet tracer where I design various networks.
- Experience in providing help desktop support more than 500 users in large scale organization.
Cisco Routers: 1800, 2600, 2800, 2900, 3600, 3800, 7200 and 7600.
Cisco Switches: Cisco Catalyst 3560, 3750, 4500, 4900, 6500 & Nexus 2K, 5K, 6K and 7K.
LAN Technologies: Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet, VLAN s, VTP, MLS, STP (802.1D)CST, PVST, PVST+, RSTP (802.1w), RPVST+, MST (802.1s)Ether Channel/Link Aggregation (PAGP, LACP), Inter-VLAN routing
WAN Technologies: ATM, Frame Relay, ISDN, MPLS (LDP/TDP/RSVP), PPPHDLC (PAP & CHAP), T1/T3, DS3, OC 192
Server Operating System: Windows Server 2008, 2012
Desktop Operating System: Windows 7, 8, 10, Mac OSX
Routing Protocols: RIP v1/v2, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, PBR, Route Filtering, RedistributionSummarization, and Static Routing.
Gateway Load Balancing: HSRP, VRRP, GLBP
Network Mgmt. Tools: M2000, T2000, N2000, ORION, Wire shark, Net flow Analyzer, SNMPSYSLO
Security Server Protocols: TACACS+, LDAP, RADIUS
Load balancer: F5 load balancer
VPN: IPsec & SSL VPN both Site-to-site and Remote VPN
Microsoft Office 365: AD (Azure) User management, SharePoint, Visio, MS office.
Ticketing System: IT Desktop Support ticketing system, JIRA
Network Monitoring Tools: M2000, T2000, N2000, ORION, NMS, Cacti, Wire shark, Net flow Analyzer, SNMP, SYSLO, Solar winds
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Sr. Network Engineer
- Serving as Senior Network Engineer supporting an International Enterprise environment including 3 Data Centers and 16 branch offices in both the United States and Asia. Responsibilities include the design, configuration, and implementation of network solutions to expand, upgrade, and optimize the current environment.
- Optimized the OSPF routing protocol separating branch offices into their own areas. This method of configuration allowed the creation both ABR’s and ASBR’s which provided the ability to implement route summarization reducing the size of the OSPF routing tables providing more efficient routing decisions.
- Implemented both routing and switching configuration changes that provided consistency across the environment. This consistency allowed for building standard or golden configurations which allows for improved performance and more efficient management of network layers.
- After a successful POC implemented Net brains, a solution that provides automated network management and end-to-end detailed visibility into the entire network infrastructure. This solution includes a large number of features that has proven to allow for improved management of the network infrastructure.
- Managed and supported Cisco ASA Firewalls including new and upgrade installations. The environment includes six Cisco ASA’s including 5515x and 5525x models. The primary Data Center includes a load-balanced configuration across two identical ASA’s. All other ASA’s configured as single stand-alone devices. Responsible for all aspects of support including IOS versions to monitoring and eliminating potential vulnerabilities. Utilizing both client (Any Connect) and clientless ssl configuration providing remote Users access to the production environment.
- Implementation of analysis, optimization, troubleshooting and documentation of LAN/WAN networking systems.
- Planning and configuring the routing protocols such as OSPF, EIGRP, RIP, and Static Routing on the routers.
- Managed fast Layer 3 switched/routed LAN/WAN infrastructure as a part of Network team. The LAN consisted of Cisco campus model of Cisco 3550 at access layer, Cisco 6513 at distribution/core layer.
- Hands-on experience with WAN (ATM/FR), Routers, Switches, TCP/IP, Routing Protocols (BGP/OSPF), and IP addressing.
- Modified internal infrastructure by adding switches to support server farms and added servers to existing DMZ environments to support new and existing application platforms.
- Deployed 7613 as PE and CE router and Configured and troubleshoot the Edge Routers.
- Excellent troubleshooting knowledge on T1, T3, OC-3 and OC-12.
- Generated RCA (Root Cause Analysis) for critical issues of layer1/layer2/layer3 problems.
Confidential, Collins, CO
- Design, deployment and maintenance of enterprise networks and datacenters.
- Configured, maintained, and troubleshot routers and switches ranging from the 1720 series through the 7200 series routers and the 2900 series through the 6500 series switches in a highly redundant dual-homed environment.
- Monitoring the NMS system for different Network Alerts.
- Worked on multiple projects related to Branch networks, Campus networks, extranet clients and Data Center Environments involving in data center migrations from one data center to another.
- Configuration of Cisco 6500 (sup 720), 4500 (SUP 6) & 3750 Catalyst Switches for network access.
- Configuring RIP, OSPF and Static routing.
- Provide Tier III Level Load Balancer expertise on F5 Big IP Local Traffic Managers (LTM). Designing F5 solutions/support for migration work of applications and websites from Cisco CSS Load Balancers to the F5 Big IPload Balancers.
- Configuring VLAN, Spanning tree, PVSTP, SNMP on Cisco switches.
- Once trouble ticket has been created keep customer informed of status of ticket and estimated time to repair.
- Coordinating with service providers for WAN link outages.
- Checking and configuring Cisco 7600 and 7200 routers at data center for remote sites’ issues.
- Working on Cisco 6509 and 4507 series switches for LAN requirements that include managing VLANs, Port Security and troubleshooting LAN issues.
- Supporting EIGRP and BGP based network by resolving level 2 &3 problems of internal teams & external customers of all locations.
- Performed switching technology administration including VLANs, inter-VLAN routing, Trunking, STP, RSTP, port aggregation and link negotiation.
- Configuration of Access List ACL (Standard, Extended, Named) to allow users all over the company to access different applications and blocking others.
- Responsible for Cisco ASA firewall administration across our global networks.
- Providing daily network support for national wide area network consisting of MPLS, VPN and point-to point site.
- Experience configuring Virtual Device Context in Nexus 7010.
- Responsibilities also include technical documentation of all upgrades done. Attending meetings and technical discussions related to current project.
- Upgrading WAN link using PPP Multilink and by implementing Cisco WAAS.
- Configuring HSRP between the 3845 router pairs for Gateway redundancy for the client desktops.
- Configure VRRP & GLBP and VLAN Trunking 802.1Q, STP, Port Security on Catalyst 6500 switches.
- Negotiate VPN tunnels using IPsec encryption standards and also configured and implemented site-to-site VPN, Remote VPN.
- Network Cabling, dressing, labeling and troubleshooting various network drops onsite.
Confidential, Winfield, IL
- Provided monitoring and 24 by 7 troubleshoot network connectivity for two hospitals, 30 remote locations and a data center. When necessary contacted Confidential to perform testing and repair the service or Cisco TAC for advance troubleshooting or to have the failed equipment RMA.
- Trouble shoot, maintain and upgrade existing hardware throughout the enterprise and data center for Cisco Catalyst 6500, and 4500 series switches.
- Assisted with the implementation of new hardware for a new remote location installing and configuring Cisco 4507 Catalyst Switches and implementing monitoring and Layer 3 connectivity using EIGRP.
- Configuring Cisco ASA firewall rules to meet the needs of the Application Teams. Also creating, maintaining, and trouble shoot VPN tunnels issues on Cisco ASA 5540.
- Assisted with the implementation of the Senior Network Engineer design for Metro-E solution for backup connection for remote locations.
- Provided customer service and support, gathered and confirmed trouble ticket information, and worked with customers to solve problems and support their needs.
- Involved in troubleshooting of DNS, DHCP and other IP conflict problems
- Used various scanning and sniffing tools like Wire-shark
- Hands on Experience working with security issue like applying ACL's, configuring NAT and VPN
- Spearheaded meetings & discussions with team members regarding network optimization and regarding BGP issues.
- Network Migration from RIP to EIGRP
- Network infrastructure support to routing and switching equipment's.
- Redistribute routing protocols and Frame-Relay configuration.
- Design the layout for cable installations
- Involved in design and deploying various network security & High availability products like Cisco ASA and other security products.
- Troubleshoot and resolved dynamic routing, Ethernet switching and host connectivity issues in a window and network environment
- Troubleshoot wiring problems and serial communication lines.
- Develop, plan and maintain documentation necessary for operation in support of LAN to WAN connectivity
- Configured 2900, 2800 and 2600 routers with RIP and EIGRP.
- Implemented VTP and Trunking protocols (like 802.1q and ISL) on Catalyst Switches 6500, 4500, 3700, and 3500.
- Installation, Maintenance, Troubleshooting Local and Wide Areas Network (ISDN, Frame relay, NAT, DHCP, TCP/IP).
- Configuration of Access List ACL (Std., Ext, Named) to allow users all over the company to access different applications and blocking others.
- Configured STP for loop prevention and VTP for Inter-VLAN Routing.
- Configured and troubleshot WiMAX ASN/CSN network.
- Ensured maximum availability of core network (routers, firewall, aggregation switches, Eudemon 1000 Firewall & Servers.
- Worked on NE 40-8 and NE 40-X routers, S6500, S7800 and S3900 Switches.
- Worked on Huawei O&M Monitoring tools.
- M2000 (ATAE Platform) for MS and BTS management.
- N2000 for network equipment and T2000 for transmission of microwave equipment.
- Managed IP-MPLS and OSPF based Core Network.
- Monitored bandwidth usage/network outages via Network Monitoring tool.
- Configured of Huawei's ASN GW9770, NE40E router, L3 switches & Eudemon FWs (Modification of ACL’s, NAT routing etc.).
- Analyzed (call, R6 & R3 interface) traces taken from Huawei’s LMT (for WASN9770) for the resolution of critical issues.
- Managed DNS (Domain Name Server).
- Identified and Escalated of network faults to the vendor and field engineers, continuous follow up.
- Kept an eye on the KPIs of DBS3900 base station and MW transmission.
- Conducted Testing and configured Siemens, Huawei, Zexel and Green packet WiMAX CPE.
- During Fault localization & Escalation (opened Trouble Tickets) of Access & Core Network faults to the Huawei’s TAC.
- Generated daily, weekly and monthly reports regarding network stability.
- Followed-up on scheduled Preventive Maintenance of Core equipment’s.
- Took care of Linux based servers including Squid, DNS, NMS, Mail servers.
- Firewalls configuration including Routing, Zones and VPNs configuration.
- Complete understanding of R1, R6 and their RF stats, modulation, CINR, Power.
- Resolved CPE (Huawei, Zexel, Siemens SX682, and Green Packet shuttle) related issues by updating firmware’s and managing remotely.
IT-Administrator/ Help Desk
- Configured, tested and maintained LAN/WAN equipment’s and related services.
- Troubleshot and resolved system/network problems and hardware/software faults.
- Created and maintained comprehensive documentation for all implements networks equipment and software licence.
- Installed, tested and configured new workstation’s peripheral equipment and software.
- Provided help desk support and resolved problems to the end user’s satisfaction.
- Installed of network printers and sharing of local printers.
- Responsible for TCP/IP configuration, DHCP configuration and proxy setting of internet.
- Configured and troubleshot Microsoft outlook 2007, 2010, 2013.
- Managed and ensured high quality of support services to 500+ users.
- Configured and maintained IP camera’s.