- Over 8+ Years of experience in IT industry with experience in Server administration in various environments - Windows 2000/2003/2008 R2/2012R2 with Active Directory Services (WINS, DNS, DHCP).
- Expertise in MS windows Server 2003, 2008 & 2012 Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Group Policies, Backup Management (Symantec Backup Exec, Veam Backup & Replication) Exchange 2010 Server, Symantec End Point Protection, VMware ESXi and Hyper-V 2012.
- Extensive Experience with Active Directory and Windows/Linux Workload Migrations.
- Extensive Experience with UNIX Operating Systems.
- Expertise in Migration Using Quest Migration Manager Tool for Active Directory.
- Expertise in managing the users and objects using Identity Manager.
- Expertise in deployment and troubleshooting of windows 2008 and 2012 R2Domain Controllers in Active Directory.
- Experience in Migrating Group and Exception Policies from one domain to other domain in AD forest.
- Expertise in creating Exception Group policies for Windows Server 2003/2008/2012 R2 in AD domain.
- Expertise Migration experience on LDAP to AD
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Server technologies, such as Microsoft server 2003/2008, Exchange 2003/2007, Active Directory, Windows Update Server (WSUS), and Windows Deployment Server (WDS) and how they interact on the network.
- Excellent knowledge in creating and managing users, permission settings, roles and responsibility assignments and VM resource allocations on ESXi hosts.
- Experience in upgrading ESX/ESXi host, VCenter Servers from 3.5 to 4.0 to 5.0
- Experience with VMware view 5.1/4.6/4.5/4.0 and Virtual desktops deployments
- Hands on experience with HP Proliant Servers, IBM Blade HS20P Servers / and Dell Power Edge rack mount servers.
- Have good working knowledge Open Directory Hands on experience working on UNIX infrastructure
- Strong understanding of VMware Networking concepts like creation of V Switches, with different types of port groups. Good understanding of Cisco USC manager.
- Good understanding about SAN, iSCSI, NAS Configuration and Implementation including attached storages, SAN Switches, HBA.
- Having Knowledge on SCCM 2012.
- Manage User Accounts on Windows NT and UNIX Platform Develop/Migrate organizational units LDAP to Active Directory (AD) and manage user security with group policies.
- Experience in Network LAN/WAN deployment.
- Experience in Automation of tasks using Power Shell.
- Having good knowledge on CITRIX 4.5 and 6.5.
- Experience managing Servers, PCs, Laptops, and Printers & Peripherals.
- Experience in Migrating Users, Groups, Workstations and Application window Servers from Source Domain to Target Administration of user Accounts, Groups, Resources, Security, Backup strategies in window Servers 2003/2008R2/2012.
Systems: Windows Server 2000/2003/2008 R2/2012R2
Authentication Protocols: Kerberos, LDAP, SAML, NT LM
Scripting languages: Power shell, Batch,VB
Databases: SQL server 2000/2005, DB2 and MS Access
Migration Tool: Quest Migration Manager V8.8 & V8.10, ADMT
Backup Tool: Dell Recovery Manager Tool
Integration Tool: Centrify V1.0
Patching Tool: SCCM, Blade Logic
Workstations: Windows XP, Windows7,windows 10
AD Command line Tools: Ds query, Ad find, G update, Ds get, Dc promo
Ticketing: CA Service Desk, Service Now, Jira, Alloy, Tracer
Virtualization: Hyper V,V-Sphere, V-Center
Networking: DNS, WINS, DHCP, TCP/IP, NTFS
Confidential, El Segundo CA
Sr. Active Directory Engineer
- Administration and support of 10+ AD domains. Design and Architect, Promotion and demotion of DC’s, verify AD environment after monthly DC patching, Upgrade AD environment to Windows 2008 R2, Maintain DR practices, Maintain SOP’s etc.
- Administration of 3000+ Windows 2003/2008/R2/2012 Wintel and virtual servers. Maintaining Server hardware: Dell, HP and IBM.
- Manage and delegate AD permissions using Quest Active Role server
- Configuration and installation of ADCS - Active Directory Certificate Services, Implemented PKI certificate for Active Sync devices for Certificate base authentication.
- Designed standard operating procedures for customization and hardening of Windows servers.
- Enterprise administration using Quest tools. GPO admin to manage GPO’s, ARS to manage Active directory permissions and RMAD for Active Directory backups and restores.
- Work on improving active directory security and implement changes in environment for preventing pass the hash, hardening of domain controllers and write PowerShell scripts to automate tasks.
- User and Object Identity Management across multiple Domains using Fore Front Identity Manager 2010.
- Developed custom Identity Management component to synchronize Active Directory, LDAP, and legacy systems.
- Maintenance & Administration of several Active directory domains, DNS, Terminal services, Windows 2003/2008/2012 clusters, WINS, DHCP, GPO, MOM, SCCM, DFS, IIS, print services.
- Maintain and support worldwide infrastructure Servers hosting critical business file shares. Maintain Share/NTFS permissions quotas, data archiving and daily backups.
- Configuration of ADFS and Office 365 and configuration for Dir. Sync and Okta for authentication.
- Manage and troubleshoot of Azure Active Directory and Sync issues to cloud.
- Troubleshoot enterprise wide issues regarding core domain services including Active Directory diagnostics\replication, file replication, DNS, DHCP and WINS.
- System backup / disaster recovery procedures using Tivoli Storage Manager and EMC Avamar.
- Worked with application support teams and developers to deploy, QA and troubleshoot in-house developed applications.
- Designed and implemented hardware and system monitoring using HP System Insight Manager, MOM and Dell Open Manage.
- Perform Live and Cold V2V and P2V to the Dell cloud infrastructure using VMware VConvertor, Double take.
- Perform Incident resolution, Problem Determination and Root Cause Analysis in accordance with Service Level Agreements. Extensive use of service management application, Remedy.
- Handled vendor escalations from origination to completion (Microsoft, VMware)
- Perform installations, customization, maintenance of the operating system and system software products in support of business processing requirements in an Intel server environment. In-depth diagnosis for operating systems software/hardware failures and develop solutions.
Environment: Windows 2003/2008/R2/2012, Quest ARS, ADCS, PKI, DFS, DNS, DHCP, WINS, GPO, IIS, SCCM, NTFS, Print services, Shared folders, Azure AD, ADFS, Office 365, EMC, VMware.
Confidential, Denver CO
Sr.Active Directory Engineer/OIM System Admin
- Responsible for third level engineering of Windows Active Directory Domain Services based on Server 2012 R2 and OIM 11g R2
- Install and configure Oracle Identity Manager suite to manage user accounts
- Involved in on-boarding/off-boarding user records by configuring connectors in OIM
- Developed custom adapters for processing provision records in target systems from OIM
- Designed and deployed upgrades/patch, custom modifications to OIM solution including integration with reports and analytic services
- Designed and Implement ADFS and Dir-sync solution.
- Migrated users from in cloud to AD synced users.
- Deployment and maintenance of Oracle Identity Manager including synchronization service
- Planning and implement data synchronization between external data to AD. Customize update certain data fields from HR data to multiple attributes in AD user object.
- Creation of Identity Management process, strategy, best practices and architecture documentation including Access Management, Password Management, LDAP Management, Provisioning, Delegated Administration
- User and Object Identity Management across multiple Domains using Oracle Identity Manager 11gR2.
- Manage Active Directory integrated DNS zones
- Designed process for DNS zone migration from legacy storage to application partition storage
- Security threat detection and countermeasures, protect from enumeration and scanning
- Automation of recurring tasks using Power Shell
- Developed Windows Power shell script to automate setting of user credentials and activation of Windows
- Performed cross platform audits of Active Directory (AD) objects and user permissions using Identity Manager
- Designed and deployed Virtual lab environment based on leading tier 1 hypervisor
- Server administration and monitoring for 30+ physical VMware ESX servers and 200+ virtual machines, including Windows and Linux
- Cross platform authentication (Unix to Windows)
- Privileged Access Management system deployment, Password vaulting, Privileged session recording
- Implemented Office365 and Lync through Active Directory, security as per the enterprise identity workforce directory requirements
- Working experience on integrating Splunk with Active Directory
- Managed performance using Monitoring tools like NetIQ suite and ADRAP
- Configure constrained delegation in Active Directory for Kerberos enabled applications
- Troubleshoot Kerberos authentication and constrained delegation
- Tracking and monitoring of software viruses; enforcing security policies and procedures by administering and monitoring security profiles, reviewing security violation reports and investigating possible security exceptions, updates, and maintaining and documenting security controls.
- Operating System security hardening of Domain Controllers across the enterprise
- GPO development and implementation.
Environment: Active directory 2012R2, OIM, Access Management, Password Management, LDAP, PowerShell, VMware ESX, DNS, ADFS, Office 365, Splunk, NetIQ suite, ADRAP.
Confidential, Plano TX
Active Directory Engineer
- Support multiple AD forests, including multiple domains forest with over 8 domains, 150 domain controllers and 120 AD sites, running on Windows Servers 2003, 2008 R2 and 2012 R2.
- Upgrading domain and function levels for Active Directory. From 2003 2008 R2 2012 R2
- Deploy Manage and troubleshooting of Windows 2008R2 and 2012 R2 Domain Controllers in Active Directory.
- Create and Link exception policies to windows 2003, 2008R2 and 2012 R2 servers in PROD & QA Environments.
- Managing Active Directory components including Domain controller’s installation, Global catalog servers, Trusts and Sites.
- Configured DNS for use with Active Directory across windows Servers 2003/2008R2/2012R2
- Configured Azure AD Connect to integrate on-premises identity infrastructure to connect with Microsoft Azure AD and Office 365.
- Back up 150 Domain Controllers Using Dell Recovery Back up Manager Tool.
- Migrating Users, Groups, Workstations and Application window Servers from Source domain to Target domain Using Quest migration manager AD Domain.
- Copy the Existing Group policies form one domain to another domain within the Active Directory forest.
- Decommission of Application windows 2003 server.
- Review Domain Controller Event and Security logs and take corrective actions.
- Planned and managed all migrations and upgrades related to the Active Directory.
- Create and Manage Application Groups in AD domain.
- Performed and Raise the Domain functional level from windows server 2003 to 2008 R2.
- Administration of exchange and collaboration services.
- Perform pre and post health check for the patches installed on Exchange servers.
- Implemented “Active Roles” for AD administration, for “Help Desk”.
- Working on UNIX and LINUX integration with Active Directory using Centrify Tool.
- Basic knowledge on Active Directory Federation services.
- Federating with Vendors using ADFS to implement Single Sign on and Writing Customize Claims Rules to achieve multifactor authorization.
- Closely interacting with internal and external clients to translate the technical and user requirements in to application designs.
- Updated Active Directory Schema from Windows server 2003 to 2008R2 in Production Environment.
- Work on Accounts Delegation, Drive Mappings and Windows Server Decommission Process
- Extensive knowledge on VSphere /VCenter /VMotion operations in VMware environment.
- Migrated legacy applications to Windows using Azure.
- Maintain and update the PKI and ADFS environment and implement and maintain Azure Active Directory Sync servers.
- Monitoring, troubleshooting and problem resolution of IP Services - DNS, DHCP, and WINS, using Tivoli.
- Install and Configure Quest Tools for monitoring changes on Domain Controllers.
- Create and Apply Technical Minimum Base Standard Policies to various versions (Windows servers 2000/2003/2008 R2/2012R2) in PROD/DEV/DR/QA Environments.
- Worked with SCCM team to install and uninstall application package on users Workstations Using SCCM Console.
- Extensive experience in installation & administration of Windows NT, Windows 200X Domain.
- Part of a team that takes care of Exchange Server 2010, Outlook and Messaging (Lync 2010) issues.
- Migrated archived mailboxes to O365 using native tools & Quest Migration tool.
- Created tenant account in Office 365 for domain.
- Developed custom Identity Management component to synchronize Active Directory, LDAP, and legacy systems.
- Patch management review via Power Shell script to discovered current patch status and deploy patches to effected systems, implemented Windows Update Services (WSUS) to schedule updates.
Environment: Windows 2003, 2008R2, 2012R2, DNS, DHCP, WINS, Azure AD, Office 365, UNIX, Linux, Centrify, ARS, ADFS, Single sign on, QMM, Help Desk, PKI, SCCM, WSUS, LDAP, Identity Management, Dell Recovery, Exchange server 2010, Outlook, VSphere, VCenter, PowerShell.
Confidential, Palo Alto CA
Microsoft Windows Server Administrator
- Management of Active directory, including Installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of various component like Domains & Trusts, Site and services ADSIEDIT, Group policy, Backup and restoration on different versions of AD like 2003, 2008& 2012.
- Optimizing server performance by analysing their utilization and capacity.
- Performance monitoring, reporting of Active Directory by using its native and third party tools.
- Management of DNS, DHCP, File, Print and other windows services
- Implementation & Management of Folder Structure and NTFS permissions, Generate report of existing NTFS permissions and share with respective project managers.
- Installing, configuring, maintaining and troubleshooting Microsoft Exchange server 2003, 2007 and 2010.
- Day to day monitoring of Exchange server incl. Audit of mailboxes health of servers and Spam Gateway.
- Addition of New domain in existing Exchange environment, making changes in Public DNS as well Spam Gateway.
- Migration of emails services from Google Apps, Rack space to Microsoft Exchange.
- Up-gradation of Exchange servers from legacy to newer, like 2003 to 2010, 2007 to 2010.
- Using PowerShell for Exchange administration like making bulk PSTs, importing PSTs. Mailbox Permissions etc.
Environment: Domains, Trusts, Active directory 2003/2008/2012, DNS, DHCP, NTFS, MS Exchange 2003/2007/2010, Mailbox.
- Administered Windows Server 2003 Domain for 1,400+ users.
- Creating and configuring Group Policy, creation and deletion of user accounts, managing access controls, and domain structure configuration.
- Managed user, groups, organizational Unit relocation through Active directory 2003.
- Providing level 1 and level 2 supports for hardware and software for more than 45 physical servers.
- Managing, administering and monitoring 20+ virtual machines, and providing level 1 and level 2 support for VMware Virtual Infrastructure.
- Troubleshooting of issues related to Windows, EMC Networker Backup and Symantec endpoint security AV.
- Efficiently handling DHCP Server, DNS Server, Active Directory Configuration, Web, Ftp, Mail server.
- Documenting server & clients’ configuration.
Environment: Windows 2003, Group policy, VMware, EMC, Symantec endpoint. DNS, DHCP, FTP, Mail server.