- 5 years of IT Industry experience with SCM , Build Deploy , Release Management , and AWS DevOps operations Production and cross platform environments.
- Involved in migrating physical Linux/Windows servers to cloud ( AWS ) and testing.
- Configuration management using Amazon Cloud Formation, Continuous integration with Jenkins , AWS management ( EC2, EBS, RDS, Route53 )
- Transformed traditional environment to virtualized environments with AWS - EC2, S3, EBS, ELB, and EBS.
- Skills to build a fully automated, highly elastic cloud orchestration framework on AWS .
- Redesigned infrastructure for high availability using multiple AWS availability zones.
- Experienced in Amazon EC2 setting up instances and setting up security groups .
- Experience in branching, tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like Subversion SVN, Git on AWS, Linux and Windows environment.
- Experience in creating AMI's on AWS for launching the instances.
- Configured AWS IAM and Security Group in Public and Private Subnets in VPC.
- Participated in configuring and monitoring distributed and multiple platform servers using Chef
- Used Chef as Configuration management tool , to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploys critical applications, and proactively manages change.
- Implemented Continuous Integration and Continuous deployment using various CI Tools like Jenkins.
- Experience in setting up containers for building Jenkins Jobs instead of running on it MASTER .
- Installed, Configured and administered Apache httpd-2.2 and Tomcat 7 on Red hat Linux Environment.
- Valuable experience in the design and implementation of fully automated Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Continuous Deployment pipelines and DevOps processes for Agile projects (CI/CD)
- Hands-on experience in creating and managing the various development and build platforms, and deployment strategies.
- Experience in writing shell scripts to automate the administrative tasks and management.
- Excellent experience in documenting and automating the build and release process.
- Involved in RPM administration for installing, querying and upgrading software on Linux servers.
- Solid understanding of networking concepts like DNS, Load Balancing, SSL, TCP/IP, networking and security best practices.
- Hands on experience in upgrading servers using RPM, Apt-get and Yum package installer .
- Responsible for day-to-day operational maintenance, support, and upgrades for Windows servers and VMware.
Confidential, Beaverton, OR
- Worked on EC2 , S3 , ELB , Auto scaling Servers , Glacier , Storage Lifecycle rules, Elastic Beanstalk , Cloud Formation , Cloud Front , RDS , VPC , Route 53 , CloudWatch , IAM &Roles , SNS subscription service.
- Worked at optimizing volumes and EC2 instances and created multiple VPC instances.
- Migration of Existing Applications to AWS cloud .
- Build servers using AWS , importing volumes, launching EC2 , RDS , creating security groups , auto-scaling , load balancers (ELBs) in the defined virtual private connection.
- Implementation of Auto Scaling for instances under ELB using ELB Health Checks.
- Worked with AWS CLI and AWS API to manage resources on AWS for many services such as a EC2 , S3 , VPC , Cloud Watch , ELB , Auto-scaling and SNS , created python script using AWS API Calls to manage all resources deployed on AWS
- Utilize Amazon Glacier for archiving data and Configured Elastic Load Balancers with EC2 Auto scaling groups.
- Automated Regular AWS tasks like snapshots creation using python scripts.
- Monitoring AWS Instances regularly using ops view and New Relic tools.
- Understanding of secure-cloud configuration, ( CloudTrail , AWS Config ), cloud-security technologies ( VPC , Security Groups , etc.) and cloud-permission systems ( IAM ).
- Deploy and monitor scalable infrastructure on Amazon web services (AWS) & configuration management using Chef
- Developed automated deployment and configuration process using Docker, Chef
- Building the Docker containers from Docker images at runtime.
- Implemented Docker to create containers for Tomcat server, Jenkins.
- Built upstream and downstream jobs in Jenkins to build and deploy onto different environments.
- Installing, configuring and administering Jenkins Continuous Integration tool on Linux machines along with adding/updating plugins such as SVN, GIT, Maven, and ANT.
- Configured Jenkins jobs to automate build create artifacts and execute unit tests as part of the build process. Also, integrated build process with Sonar for code quality analysis.
- Developed builds and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools.
- Examine and clear conflicts related to merging of source code for GIT.
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of Web Servers ( apache ) and App Servers.
- Good knowledge in Bash Shell Scripting, Automation of cron Jobs .
Environment : AWS (EC2, VPC, ELB, S3, RDS, Cloud Trail and Route 53), Linux, EBS, IAM, CloudWatch, Cloud Formation, AWS CLI, AWS Auto Scaling, Jenkins, Ansible, Shell, SVN, GIT, Maven, ANT, C language
- Responsible on Amazon Web Services (AWS) for creating and managing EC2, Elastic Load-balancers, Elastic Container Service (Docker Containers), S3, Elastic Beanstalk, Cloud Front, Elastic File system, RDS, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation, IAM, Elastic Search.
- Used Jenkins AWS Code Deploy plugin to deploy to AWS.
- Launched Amazon EC2 Cloud Instances using Amazon Web Services (Linux/ Ubuntu/RHEL) and Configuring launched instances with respect to specific applications.
- Involved in configuring Elastic Load Balancers with Auto scaling to handle high traffic loads.
- Developed automation framework for Application Deployments to the cloud environments.
- Automated application deployment in the cloud using Docker technology using Elastic Container Service scheduler.
- Worked with Docker container snapshots, attaching to a running container, managing containers, directory structures and removing Docker images.
- Developing Maven Build Scripts based on the requirements.
- Managed Maven project dependencies by creating parent-child relationships between projects
- Designed and implemented CI (Continuous Integration) system, configuring Jenkins servers, Jenkins nodes.
- Deployed the Business process applications by creating WAR files to Tomcat Application Server.
- Managed labeling, branching strategies in Git/GitHub with best practices in addition to resolving conflicts with regards to merging and editing files in the repository.
- Implemented & maintained the branching and build/release strategies utilizing Subversion.
- Deployed J2EE applications to Application servers in an Agile continuous integration environment and automated the entire process.
- Developed shell scripts for automation of the build and release process.
- Research the project application architecture to support/resolve build, compile and test environment issues.
- Releasing code to testing regions or staging areas according to schedule published.
- Designed, documented and coded build/release processes to ensure accurate configuration, assembly and delivery of source code from product release.
- Verified and implemented methods used to create and recreate software builds by making them reliable and reusable.
- Troubleshooting problems with regards to issues faced by system users and developers team.
Environment: EC2, Elastic Load-balancers, Elastic Container Service (Docker Containers), S3, Elastic Beanstalk, Cloud Front, Elastic File system, RDS, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation, IAM, Elastic Search, RedHat Enterprise Linux servers, Apache, Subversion, Git/GitHub, Jira, Jenkins, Shell Scripting, C language
- Installed, configurated and administrated Linux (Red Hat/ubuntu, Centos).
- Responsible for installation, administration and maintenance of Linux servers.
- Installed patches and packages using RPM and YUM in Red hat Linux using patch add in Linux Operating System.
- Expanded file system using Logical Volume Manager (LVM) Solaris Volume Manager (SVM)
- Worked on Grub, PXE boot, Kickstart, Packages, LVM, Boot from SAN, file system configuration.
- Created users, assigned groups and home directories, setting quota and permissions; administered file systems and recognized file access problems.
- Maintained the Disk Management by using partitioning tool like FDISK.
- Allocated Disk Size to Domain user by using Disk Quota.
- Handled the scheduled tasks (cron jobs and task scheduler) for the scripts for various purposes.
- Installed and configured all the Linux servers in the network per specifications of clients.
- Monitored the servers and Linux scripts regularly and performed troubleshooting steps - Tested and installed the latest software on server for end-users.
- Involved in Virtualization technologies like Installing, Configuring, and Administering VMware ESXi environments.
- Involved in support databases and performed MS SQL upgrades running on Windows servers.
- Configured network services such as DNS/NFS/NIS/NTP for UNIX/Linux Servers.
- Responsible for Installing and setting up Oracle on Linux for the development team.
- Creation of Jumpstart and Kickstart configuration for the automatic provision of servers using Blade logic.
- On-call support for 24*7 for troubleshooting production issues.
- Created a change requests, work orders and problem tickets using BMC Remedy tool and getting approvals from higher officials.
- Project Management for various UNIX/Linux/Windows system integration projects.
Environment: Linux, VMware, RHEL, Ubuntu, Solaris, AIX and Windows, Shell, Ubuntu