- I have Seventeen+ years of strong experience in Cisco WAN/LAN/Datacenter routing and switching.
- I have managed complex network infrastructure and automation projects. I performed network expansion tasks, including configuring core and access layer devices for network and storage expansion.
- Leveraging my design, support and implementation skills, I drive consistent IT improvements in government, manufacturing, healthcare, telecommunications, insurance, entertainment and hospitality, making me adept in virtually any industry.
- A visionary IT leader with a track record for defining, building and optimizing best in class IT infrastructures and operations.
- I have tremendous experience in Cisco Networking both in Enterprise and Service Provider. I have industry certificates and trainings in Cisco (CCNA, CCNP, CCVP, CCIPTOS).
- Recently I had a CCIE advanced technology boot camp training in Orlando, Florida. I have a CCIE written in routing switching and preparing for the lab exam.
- Coordinate project team with a sense of excellent organizational skills.
- Experience in managing data centers and infrastructure projects.
- Experience in Software Defined Networking, SD - WAN
- Experience in network optimization, problem identification, traffic flow analysis, different routing protocols.
- Cisco advanced technologies in routing switching, service provider, data center and collaboration
- Carrier level routing technologies: BGP and OSPF
- Backbone network design and implementation: MPLS VPN, DMVPN
- Good communications skills - written and verbal
- Meeting project commitments including, communications with sponsors and stake holders
- Lead planning and implementation of projects.
- Facilitate project missions, goals, tasks and resource requirements
- Provide mentoring, coaching and direction setting to project team members
- Thorough understanding of project management phases, techniques and tools (initiate, prepare, execute/control, and closing of projects)
- Develop improvements and innovations to enhance performance
- Understand when and how to make a choice, to escalate issues to higher levels, and analyze the future impact of decision.
- Understand and effectively use established policies and procedures.
NETWORK ENGINEERING SKILLS:
- Data Center Operation and Administration including configuration of Cisco ACI, spine and leaf architecture, MPLS VPN, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, Switching, VLANs, VRFs, and Firewalls.
- Experience in network hardware and software configurations that include enterprise class switches, routers, load balancers, DNS, firewalls, DMZ, VPN, IDS, IPS, ISE, WLC, AP, network monitoring tools, network debugging tools, VoIP telephony infrastructure and call management solutions (Cisco ASR, Nexus 9000, 7000, 6000, 5000, 3000, 2000, Cisco 6500s, 7200s, 3900s, Cisco MARS, Cisco NAMs, Cisco ACEs, Cisco CSMs, Cisco ASAs, Cisco FWSMs, Cisco IDMs, Cisco ACS and ISE)
- Experience in analyzing and resolving Cisco Core Routing and switching technologies.
- Experience with different network management tools (Solar winds, Spectrum, MRTG)
- Cisco wireless controllers, access points, Cisco ISE, and Cisco Prime.
- Amazon AWS cloud networks, Google cloud platform networks.
- Software Defined Network configuration using Python script
- Experience in Configuring and managing firewalls and VPN servers for ISPs and Enterprises.
- Experience in network automation using Python scripting
- Good understanding of Frame relay, ATM, T1/T3, CSU/DSU, OCn/STMn
- Wide exposure in the areas of operation and maintenance, Cisco routers and switches.
- Good understanding of Telco, hands on experience in installation and cabling.
International ICT Consultant
- Design and implement Data Center infrastructure based on Cisco best practices: Cisco spine and leaf, MSDC using Cisco Prime
- Design and configure DMVPN for a hub and over 600 spokes.
- Design and configure managed hosting client networks based on their business requirements and requests.
- Design and implement different routing protocols: BGP, OSPF, and EIGRP.
- Troubleshoot and support different switching technologies: VLAN/PVLAN, STP, HSRP/VRRP/GLBP.
- Monitor, maintenance and upgrading IOS on Cisco routing and switching platforms: Catalyst 6500, ASR 1000, Nexus 9000, GSR
- Designing network security components such as firewalls, VPN, load balancers, IPS/IDS.
- Configure, test and troubleshoot on platforms like Cisco ASA, FWSM, NAM, ACE and F5 Big IP
- Analyze customer needs and generate technical requirements, using Cisco routing and switching, troubleshooting and configuration of MPLS VPN, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, IS-IS, DMVPN and QOS.
- Debug hardware and software related issues to Cisco carrier-class routing platforms
- Analyze network performance and perform network planning for enterprise customers.
- Manage planning and design, installation and performance of layer 2 and layer 3 network hardware along with IOS software.
- Maintain operation of converged network equipment and protocols including EIGRP, BGP, HSRP, Spanning tree, VTP, QOS and Multicasting.
- Resolve various networking problems related to user LAN/WAN access and IT services delivered through the enterprise network.
- Performed network expansion tasks, including configuring core and access layer devices for network and storage expansion.
- Configuration of Big IP F5 load balancers (GTM, LTM, AFM, and other modules)
Confidential, Fairfax, VA
Senior Network Engineer, Project Manager
- Worked as a third level support engineer for data centers and government agencies.
- Managing projects (Network Infrastructure, VoIP)
- Created detailed project plans for all major network projects to ensure management approval.
- Design, implement, manage and administer the data and voice network of the government network where ICF is contracting.
- Administration of the main Data Center, backup data center, and all remote sites.
- Maintained the Data Center’s LAN/WAN and supported all systems used to keep business running.
- Designed and implemented Core Network solutions, including Multihomed BGP and OSPF, for WAN/Internet Service Provider.
- Design and implement QoS across the network.
- Implement Cisco Network Analysis Module
- Implement Cisco Intrusion Detection/ Intrusion Prevention module.
- Implement Cisco Firewall Switch Modules and multiple ASAs
- Implement Cisco Security Manager.
Confidential, McLean, VA
Network Operations Manager, Senior VoIP Network Engineer
- Design, implement and Turn up of a new site for call termination (a full fledged voice over IP point of presence).
- Implementing a new POP from inception, to design to deploying a fully fledged Confidential POP.
- Implementing and managing VPNs, configuring Cisco pix firewalls, ASAs and remote access.
- Responsible for network security and remote access.
- Responsible for the healthy operation of the core network: All core routers (cisco 7206), voice gateways (Cisco AS5850s, AS5400s), core switches (Cisco Catalyst 4507s, 3750s), firewalls (Cisco Pix 515, Cisco ASA 5510), ACSs, PGWs (signaling controllers), and Network Management Systems.
- Supporting Confidential subsidiaries and affiliates network (Ghana, Nigeria, Guinea, Algeria)
- Design, install and configure an IP Telephony network for Head office and branch offices using Cisco call manager express and unity express.
- Responsible for managing routing protocols (BGP, OSPF and Static routes).
- Responsible for WAN operation
- Responsible for the architecture of the network (Assigning IP addresses, changing routes), WAN, LAN
- Implementing and managing quality of service and class of service (Differentiating traffic, prioritizing traffic, traffic shaping and policing)
- Supporting engineers and technicians working in the NOC.
- Study, recommend and implement Network management systems (Solar Winds, MRTG).
Confidential, Herndon, VA
Voice over IP Support Engineer
- Supporting the voice over ip network operation (Sylantro, Broad Soft, and Cisco Media Gateways).
- Troubleshooting Call Quality, Call Completion, Caller ID, Call Drop, Hunt Group, and Auto Attendant issues
- Troubleshooting Transport issues (T1s, DS3, and OCns).
- Working and dealing with WAN engineering including capacity planning, peering establishment and traffic engineering
- Supporting and configuring routers and switches for customers (Cisco Integrated Access Devices).
- Supporting network security team in configuration and debugging Cisco pix firewalls, IDS, and IPS.
- Supporting voice and data for voice optimized access customers.
- Working closely with Carriers and Confidential to resolve network problems.
- Working with capacity planning and network optimization.
Confidential, Reston, VA
Network Operations Specialist
- Configure routers for gateway, peer less ip and mpls vpn networks
- Receive, analyze, monitor and resolve network problem in a timely fashion.
- Test Circuit and router operation at the IP level
- Perform remote troubleshooting and maintenance on Internet routers and networks.
- Working with TRS ticketing system, FMS, ODIE database, SSTAT, Matrix, and ISA-ITP.
- Working with different kinds of WAN technologies (Frame relay, ATM, MPLS VPN)
- Internetworking experience in large enterprise networks specifically in a Cisco environment.
- Willing to help configure, install, and provide ongoing maintenance support for a large enterprise network.
- Experience implementing customer relationship management (CRM): Vtiger, salesforce, infusionsoft, and snapforce applications.
Network Engineers team leader
- Plan, assign, coordinate and manage network administrators and network technicians for the proper operation of the Confidential .
- Provides assistance and reviews and delegation of network trouble tickets and work assignments to the Network Engineers and assigned vendors.
- Performs technical administration associated with the changes in the network such as assigning/updating configurations of newly installed or replaced network equipment, creating/updating IP address ranges, and updating some network monitoring tools where necessary,
- Provide training for staffs on network monitoring and troubleshooting and perform other duties as required Implementing Network Infrastructure.
- Assisting in implementing Switched and Routed Networks for different enterprises (Customers).
- IOS upgrade for the Confidential routers.
- Performs testing and debugging to the critical components of the network infrastructure in order to verify their operational status.
- Configuring and administering back bone and peripheral switches and routers (Cisco 75xx, 36xx, 17xx, 25xx, Cisco Catalyst 55xx, 65xx, 45xx, 35xx)
- Configuring and managing access lists, configure and manage BGP with upstream providers.
- Supporting customer service technicians in configuration of CPE and solving problems.
- Manage office LAN, Conduct troubleshooting and testing of services for continuity and quality of service, Initiate trouble tickets, conduct and document troubleshooting/repair procedures,
- Train other employees in specialized skills,
- Perform other duties as required.
- As a switching and network/Cisco engineer, working in Confidential 's Axe-10 switches, DMS-100 Switches and in the network management responsible for the proper operation of the network, configure Cisco routers and switches.
- Support Customers and regional technicians with regarding network problems.
- Configure and implement windows based office LANs, and application support
- Configure Customer Premise Equipment (routers, modems).