- Technical Service Manager/Computer Technician
- Hardware Problem Determination and Repair of Desktops, Laptops, Laser Printers, Servers, Point of Sale Store Systems, Automatic Teller Machines,
- Vending Machines and Flat Panel Televisions *Setup and configure Scientific Interface Cards *Backup and Migrate User Data *Support WAN Network Operations
- Troubleshoot Local Network Problems
- Manage LAN Cable Installation Projects
- Install LAN Patch Panels with Punch - Down Block and Network Monitoring tools *Install Configured Network Routers, Switches and Circuit Extensions
- Install Home/Office Audio/Video
- Desk-Top Computer Support
- Technical Research, Project Management, Technical Instruction Writing and Knowledgebase Article Creation
- Troubleshoot Windows-7, 10 O.S. OSX apple Problems and Proprietary Software Application issues
- Remote Desktop and Dameware Remote Control Tools
- Windows Image Development and Deployment
- Active Directory Users and Computers
- Reg-Edit Problem Determination and Editing
- Process Monitor and Event Log Analysis *ODBC Configuration *TCP/IP Client Network Configuration
- Hyper-Terminal for Network Device Configuration
- Symantec Anti-Virus Support *MS OFFICE 2003, 2007, 2010 *IBM Lotus Notes 8.5 *apple certified technician.
Lan Admin/ System Engineer, Herndon, Va
- System engineer tier 3 lead for vion
- Provided support for pc and mac os systems.
- Responsible to creating and maintaining the vion’s standard os imaging process for both pc and mac os.
- Responsible for the onboarding process of training all new it team members to voin’s workload and processes.
- Worked with the ceo closely for on and off campus it support.
- Responsible for ordering it hardware and maintaining all it assets.
DATA CENTER TECHNICIAN, ASHBURN, VA
- I am one the primary resolver for our support team, and are skilled at troubleshooting one or more operating systems .
- I trouble-shooted and resolved all but the most complex infrastructure issues. Issues are escalated to the appropriate resolver groups when necessary.
- I created and maintain documentation on technologies you support and are able to convey SOPs to junior staff.
- Maintained all aspects of the equipment you support.
- I Provide hardware support for multiple different Customers Match.com, Vimeo, Value-Click
- Installed and imaged servers for multiple customers
IT HARDWARE CONCEPTS:
- SAN x86 Architecture
PC Support Technician
Confidential, Dulles, VA
- Provided top level computer support to Engineers and other Support Staff
- Imaged laptop and desktop systems then installed and configured software applications depending on specific job titles and user software requirements
- Diagnosed and solved problems with software applications and computer responsiveness using Reg Edit, Process Monitor and Event Log analysis
- Repaired hardware problems on desktops and laptops and performed RAM and Graphics Card upgrades and Motherboard replacements
- Solved complicated problems that required research and extensive problem determination then created Knowledgebase Articles for IS Support Staff
- Created several new undocumented processes that standardized PC Technician operations: Workstation Build Checklist, Workstation Decommission Process, User Data Backup and Verification Process, New Computer Equipment Receiving & User Notification Process and also wrote a TEMP File Deletion Script
- Technical Service Manager and Service Technician for the repair, installation and configuration of various PC Based Workstations and Network Systems
- Negotiate and manage projects from initial customer contact to final customer survey *Hire and supervise temporary workers *Manage supply logistics
- Install, troubleshoot and repair PC Operating Systems and Application Programs on computer devices with specific purposes such as Point-of-Sale Store Systems, Customer Kiosks, Vending Machines, Automatic Teller Machines, Photo Printing Centers and Indoor/Outdoor Advertising Systems
- Install Network Routers and Switches that are connected to WAN circuits
- Run bundles of LAN Cables to Patch Panels then crimp/terminate *Run DEMARC circuit extensions for T1, T3 and other circuits *Manage LAN Install Projects
- Verify Cable connectivity with LAN Cable Tester *Perform Head-to-Head Tests on circuits using Confidential Tester and Confidential PC Application
- Conference with Network Operation Centers and Local Exchange Carriers to solve circuit problems *Follow detailed instructions as required and lead when needed
- Install Home Theatre Systems in customer’s home or office
- Securely wall mount Flat Panel TV’s and other devices *Run and fish cables through walls for TV, phone and LAN *Train End Users how to use computer software and various electronic consumer products *Repair HP Flat Panel Televisions to board level
Confidential, Richmond, VA
- Provided expert computer phone support to Confidential Health System employees
- Diagnosed and solved computer related issues with desktop applications and proprietary software programs used by Doctors, Nurses and Hospital Admin
- Used many different software tools and utilities to analyze situations and quickly provide useful feedback to computer users on the phone
- Connected remotely to user’s workstation using Dameware and Remote Desktop
- Diagnosed VPN connectivity issues for home office users
- Created incident reports and assigned to appropriate support team using many different paging and tracking systems such as CA Unicenter software
- Tracked critical incidents to conclusion and researched issues to determine root cause of problems then documented and created knowledgebase articles
- Created management reports and technical documents that added relevant instructional data to Help-Desk Discussion Boards
- Performed duties during off hours and weekends with little direct instruction and no direct supervision