- Over Seventeen + years of results - driven experience as Unix Systems Administrator on UBUNTU/MAAS/JUJU/OPENSTACK,AWS, Linux, AIX, HP-UX & Sun Solaris with good experience on Java Application Server (Jboss/Tomcat/Weblogic), Apache/IIS servers and on LAMP stack. In-depth expertise in the development, implementation, analysis, optimization, troubleshooting, and documentation of LAN/WAN network systems. In-depth expertise in the development, implementation, analysis, optimization, troubleshooting, and documentation of LAN/WAN network systems. Proficient technical knowledge and experience of Unix, Linux, Solaris and Cisco systems. Adept in the development of software and various applications. Proven and verifiable ability to strategically plan, lead and motivate project teams to work diligently and ensure success. Excellent track record for diagnosing complex problems and consistently delivering effective solutions. Managed several technology projects from concept to completion. Fluent in English with both verbal and written communication.
- Extensive experience on creating infrastructure for openstack cloud using UBUNTU/MAAS/JUJU and AWS.
- Linux Administration, includes the provisioning and maintenance of Linux servers in production and development environments using AWS
- Extensive experience as a UNIX (Linux, Sun Solaris, AIX, HP-UX and SCO-UNIX) System
- Administrator with hands on experience in NFS, NIS, DNS.
- Administration & Support of Weblogic, Apache, Tomcat & Jboss on UNIX Systems.
- Extensive exposure on installation of monitoring tools Nagios, Gomez and sitescope.
- Nice exposure on load balancers F5, Big-IP, Akamai GTM, Cisco CSS.
- Installation and configuration of HA environment Clusters and administering application cluster environment.
- Hands on experience with Kick-start in Linux & Logical Volume Manager in Red hat Linux.
- Troubleshooting and Fine-tuning of UNIX Kernel.
- Good experience on Networking TCP/IP, UDP, FTP, HTTP proxies & reverse proxies, Rsync, VPN Proxying, NATing.
- Good experience on installing and creating SSL Certificates on Secure Websites. Knowledge on FIX firewall, CSS.
- Installation, Configuration and Troubleshooting on Ubuntu/Maas/juju infrastructure, Linux,AIX, UnixWare 2.01, 7, Windows2000, 2003 Servers, Tarantella, Citrix server, Novell Netware 3.x & 4.x., SCO Open Server, Digital UNIX (on alpha servers).
- Good experience in implementation & administration of NIS, NIS+, DHCP, Send mail, NFS, DNS, Samba Server, Squid.
- Have experience in writing shell scripts to facilitate routine system administration such as removing files, backup, sending mail of various reports etc. Have proficiency in the integration of many OS and products, well versed with the industry best practices of administration.
- Worked with WebServer applications using Apache and IIS. Experience in troubleshooting and deploying EJBs, JSPs, Servlets using WebLogic, Jboss server and Tomcat.
- Design and implement solutions for monitoring, scaling, performance improvement, and configuration management of systems running SaaS applications
- Perform code reviews, evaluate implementations, and provide feedback for tool improvements
- Develop automation framework for public cloud infrastructure deployments
- Quickly troubleshoot and resolve network, hardware, software and performance issues, including rotating on call emergency response
- Working knowledge of build automation and CI/CD pipelines
- Well versed in DNS, Load Balancing, SSL, TCP/IP, networking and security
- Linux Administration, includes the provisioning and maintenance of Linux servers in production and development environments
- Supporting large-scale, high-availability, 24x7 production environment on UNIX/LINUX Based Networks Systems of Confidential .
- Supporting and implementing the LAMP environment for developers in PayPal.
- Working throughout all levels of the PayPal organization and worked closely with the engineering and quality teams, Operations, Deployment and Production Support teams. Involved in deploying PayPal products and applications into Production environments.
- Working closely with application developers to devise robust deployment, operating, monitoring, and, reporting for the PayPal applications and was involved in Tuning application configuration to support optimize performance per developer.
- Involved in troubleshooting applications to diagnose problems on PayPal production website and coordinating with operations teams to create strategies and detailed plans for deployment sequencing and timing skills.
- Using Unix Systems Administration skills in Confidential . to smoothen the daily operation in the field of software and applications engineering, release engineering/configuration management, scripting and applications/web development, software development life-cycle, incident, problem change and release management, large scale distributed application environment, Java and C++, Unix environment, Unix platform, web architecture, load balancing appliances in a web environment.
- Writing, debugging, and maintaining scripts in Bash, Perl, and Python.
- Pushing of C and java code to production environments (RHEL 5.4 hosts and jboss application servers) using Tivoli framework tools and RPM utility.
- Web Server Administration - Configuring, managing multiple web server instances in Apache,
- configuring & trouble shooting the problems related to application servers Weblogic, jboss, tomcat and determining the process states and get them restarted in case they are hung.
- Coordinating various teams including PayPal NOC, UNIX delivery, TIVOLI Team for the 100% uptime and fixing up the issues, Performing upgrades, migration tasks on production and test environments.
RHEL 5.4, Bash, Perl and python scripting and applications/web development and deployment, Software Development Life-Cycle, Incident, Problem, Change and Release Management practices, administering a large scale distributed application environment, administering Java and C++ applications, UNIX environment and network technology (symlinks, NAS devices, NFS/CIFS mounting), web architecture and load balancing appliances in a web environment, Unix/Linux system administration, Unix System administrator’s technical skills encompassed UNIX/LINUX/AIX/Solaris/HP-UX/windows based network System administration, web technologies (Apache, IIS), Jboss, Web logic, Monitoring tools (Big Brother, sitescope,Gomez,Nagios ), Load Balancer-F5, Database (Oracle,SQL,MYSQL), PLSQL, Version control system (SVN,CVS,Tivoli Frame work and Puppet), Ubuntu,MAAS, JUJU,openstack
- System Administration of AIX 5 L, Linux (red hat), SCO Open Server, UnixWare.
- Linux/Solaris/HP-UX/Windows 2000 Server Administration - Maintaining around 1000 odd Solaris/Linux/Hp-Ux/Windows 1000 servers (onsite), monitoring managing their memory / CPU loads, Disk Space, processes running on them, in order to support the website.
- Responsible for the configuration of the website.
- Responsible for the configuration of Reverse proxy using Apache.
- Responsible for configuring search tools Endeca.
- Pushing of configuration / codes to various environments.
- Monitoring of production, UAT and development websites.
- Involved in trouble shooting the issues on with in the defined SLA and to escalate the issues if required.
- Building new Environments, websites and deploying the codes to the JBoss and Weblogic servers.
- Remote administration of HP servers using secured telnet and Ssh sessions.
- Website security & Role based management through Get Access.
- Web Server Administration - Configuring, managing multiple web server instances in Apache, IIS.
- Configuring & trouble shooting the problems related to application servers like Broad Vision, Weblogic, like determining the process states and get them restarted in case they are hung.
- Involved in integrating apache with jboss/tomcat using mod-jk connectors by compiling apache.
- Building and compiling apache with different modules as per the environment need.
- Coordinating various teams including Akamai Teams and Deloitte Team for the 100% uptime.
- Performed various types of recoveries and troubleshooting.
- Configuring and trouble shooting the Rsync issues in Production and UAT environment.
- Involved in configuring CDN caching and GTM on Akamai account.
- Involved in configuring CVS, Bugzilla, Site scope, Gomez, and foglight.
- Involved in creating the performance and key tool reports using site scope and Gomez tool.
- Involved in analyzing the apache and jboss logs to fix the errors.
- Involved in trouble shooting the production database issues with the help of DBA team.
- System Administration of AIX 5 L, Linux (redhat), SCO Open Server, UnixWare.
- Good knowledge and understanding of LPAR /DLPAR/Micro partitioning.
- Creating users, assigning passwords etc.
- Changing system or node names
- Creating partitions and file systems and maintenance and ownership
- Sharing and managing network resources
- Performance tuning and monitoring
- Configuring External Hard disks and grouping hard disks into volume groups.
- Creation of File Systems and logical volumes.
- Assigning Disk Quotas for users.
- System Performance Monitoring & Tuning.
- User and Group creation and Administration of user accounts.
- Creating & managing multiple printers and print queues and Configuring Network printers.
- Identifying the bottlenecks viz. CPU, Memory, I/O Subsystems.
- Automatic jobs by using shell scripts and scheduling jobs using CRON and AT Giving Training to customers of LIC in handling Hardware Installing packages in UNIX and resolving First level of Break down calls etc.
- Managing the file systems and disk quotas.
- System Performance Monitoring & Tuning on UNIX.
- User and Group creation and Administration of user accounts
- Creating & managing multiple printers and print queues and configuring the same.
- Configuring Storage and Different Backup Policies
- Scheduling the backup processes
- Manage the users and groups
- Making improved policies for the customer for Space Management and proper Backup / Restore procedures.
- Installation of PC/TCP on net 1.2 for DOS/Windows PC/TCP Netware software 3.1 for DOS/Windows.
- Installation and Configuration of UNIX Systems like AT & T, SCO UNIX, SCO Open Server 5,
- Installation of packages like FOXPRO, UNIPLEX on UNIX platforms.