Seeking a network engineering position that allows application of my extensive networking knowledge and skills to a challenging environment. I am a highly motivated and dedicated IT professional with a proven track record of providing exceptional support. Experienced in Cisco LAN, MPLS WAN, Wireless LAN, VoIP, remote access SSL VPN, Citrix, IP space management, DNS/DHCP design, configuration and administration. Managed and led teams in a high profile control center environment. Active Public Trust Clearance.
Hardware: Routers, switches, servers, VPN
Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows 2008/2012 Server Active Directory, Server/Client, Windows / XP, /Win 7/ Win 8, / Win 10, Citrix presentation server 4.5/6.5 and XenServer.
Application Software: Microsoft Office, Citrix, Visio
Confidential, Lanham, MD
- Led the technical design, configuration, and maintenance of the Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Enterprise Network. Developed switch designs utilizing multiple protocols/technologies: Port Management, Switch Stacking, Virtual Local Area Network (VLAN) Trunking, Port Aggregation, Hot Standby Router (HSRP), Spanning Tree, Port Mirroring and Backbone LAN data center.
- Led infrastructure redundancy project for Cisco Nexus 7k, Nexus 5k, nexus 2k, Cisco 4510, Cisco 6509 switches at the core layer and 6509s and 4006s at the distribution layer.
- Led Cisco IOS upgrade of HUD Enterprise Network. Upgraded routers and switches to support secure shell (SSH). Developed detailed SOPs with step by step procedures describing how to enable SSH and perform IOS upgrades on varying models of Cisco routers and Cisco switches.
- Led and designed implementation of ForeScout CounterACT Network Access Control (NAC) system to provide endpoint - based network protection for HUD Network.
- Led the Remote Access Engineering Team to configure, design, develop, implement, and troubleshoot / monitor network issues for the Enterprise Remote Access project. Network security solutions included Citrix, Dell SonicWall SSL VPN, and Cisco ASA VPN.
- Lead for Layer 2 & Layer 3 designs, VoIP operations, LAN\WAN quality of service (QoS) configuration and troubleshooting for video teleconferencing and webcast support, marking packets and ensuring quality video delivery.
- Experienced in configuring and supporting complex networks; including data, voice, and video.
- Provided technical support, integration, and configuration of Cisco VCS, TMS, MCU and TelePresence endpoints, and integration of CMS into the TelePresence system.
- Integrated and configured VTC systems with MS Outlook, Active Directory, and Exchange.
- Expert Fiber, network cabling and connectivity troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Enhanced network performance, maximized current infrastructure, and implemented new technologies that increase productivity. Provided capacity planning and expert assistance to facilitate future network growth.
- Resolved technical support issues and worked with clients through complicated processes where WAN latency affected access.
- Led the design and implementation of the Citrix environment using Presentation Server 4.5 and Secured gateway. Responsible for the project plan, implementation, and troubleshooting. Migrated Enterprise from Citrix 4.5 to Citrix Presentation Server 6.5.
- Led and designed implementation upgrade from Incognito DNS Commander to Lucent VitalQIP DNS. Integrated with Microsoft Active Directory DNS.
- Provided root cause analysis support through performance monitoring and real-time response using eHealth, RiverBed (OPNET), Confidential, Scrutinizer, and NetFlow for performance analysis and network troubleshooting.
- Led operations personnel to provide LAN/WAN connectivity and backup configurations. Designed, implemented, and maintained overall network operation including recommendations for purchase of hardware/software and security solutions.
- LAN/WAN continuous monitoring of all network circuits and specific critical hosts, including critical On Call support.
- Led design, configuration, integration and maintenance of Cisco WLAN and RADUIS (NAP) server to support wireless authentication using Active Directory.
- Provide excellent support for end-users at HUD Headquarters and field office customers.
- Utilized advanced network monitoring suites (i.e. Sniffer, Confidential Network Monitoring, Cisco Works, WhatsUp gold Network Monitoring) to analyze and identify network traffic, Internet bandwidth, improve application performance, and resolve complex network issues reported by various mainframe computers and applications.
- Experience supporting Avaya Voice over IP system and integration with Cisco switches.
- Provided installation assistance to HUD HQ and field sites.
- Initial point of contact for all customer troubleshooting for DHCP, DNS, WINS, TCP/IP and switches.
- Led the configuration, installation, troubleshooting and performance tuning of LANs for enterprise campus networks.
- Very responsive to customer issues and focused on timely resolution.
- Strong ability to work with all customers in a network engineering role.
- Beta tested software and hardware for implementation into a production environment.