- Over 9+ years of IT industry experience as a System Administrator and Production Support of various applications on Sun Solaris, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, and Windows environment.
- Experienced in Installs, Upgrades, Patches, Configuration, performance tuning on UNIX and system software & hardware.
- Experience in Installing, configuring and maintaining Samba, Web Sphere & Web Logic Application Servers, Nagois and Chef.
- Supported AWS Cloud environment with 200+ AWS instances and configured Elastic IP & Elastic Storage and also experience working on implemented security groups.
- Knowledge of Big data and Hadoop ecosystem and its components like HDFS, Hive, Pig, Scoop and Hbase.
- Efficiency in installing, configuring and implementing the LVM, and RAID Technologies using various tools like Veritas volume manager, Solaris volume manager.
- Experience configuring and managing Puppet master server and also experience in updating and creating modules and pushing them to puppet clients.
- Experience in Installed and configured Apache/Tomcat/Java/MySQL.
- Experienced in Amazon EC2 setting up instances, virtual private cloud (VPCs), and security groups.
- Extensively used Veritas Cluster Server 4.x & 5.x.
- Configuring and Administering DNS, NIS, NIS+, LAMP and LDAP on Sun Solaris server environment.
- Experience in Install and configuration of Web hosting administration HTTP, FTP, SSH, & RSH
- Experience in Installing, upgrading and configuring SUN Solaris 9 and 10 on Sun Servers Using Jumpstart Servers, Manual installation as when required.
- Experience in Installation of VMware ESX server and creation of VMs and install different guest OS.
- Experience in Installation and configuration of Zones and Containers in Solaris 10 environment.
- Experience in Creating and maintaining user accounts, profiles, security, rights, disk space and process monitoring.
- Experience in Veritas Volume manager (VxVM), Mirroring, and striping, Parity, New File Systems, Mounting and Unmounting File Systems.
- Resolving system errors and crashes, huge file sizes, file system full errors.
- Experience in Package management using RPM, YUM and UP2DATE in Red Hat Linux.
- Worked on Firewall implementation & Load balancer between various Windows servers.
- Ability to write Shell & Perl scripting.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Capable of quickly learning and delivering solutions as an individual and as part of a team.
- Populate Splunk from 3rd party data sources
Operating Systems: Linux (RedHat, CENTOS ), Solaris 10/9/8, HP - UX 11.0, 11.11, IBM AIX (4.3/5.x), HPUX11i V1, V2 & V3, VMware ESX, SLES 8,9,10 & 11, Windows NT /2000/2003, MAC OS X 8/9.x/10.x.
Hardware: M5000, M8000, T5220, T5240 Sun E15K, E25K, Sun Fire 6800/4900/3800 , Sun Fire 490/280, v880/v890, Sun Enterprise Servers E6500, E4500, E3500, Work Group Servers E450, E420, E250, E220, Netra 1405, Netra X1, Ultra 80, 60, 30, 10, 5, 2, 1, Intel Servers
Networking: TCP/IP, NIS, NFS, FTP, DNS, DHCP, Samba, Apache, SMTP, SSH, IP-Tables
WEB Technologies: Tomcat, APACHE 2.x, 3.x, Web Logic (8/9/10) & Web Sphere 4.0/5.0
Programming, Scripting Language & Databases: RDBMS, MySQL, Oracle, Sybase, MSSQL, C, UNIX Shell Scripting, Perl Scripting, Python, Ruby, HTML, VB, distributed Splunk administration
Backup Management: Veritas Net backup 4.x/5.x/6.x, Ufsdump, Ufsrestore, TAR, cpio, dd, Tivoli, Symantec Netbackup 7.x
Third Party Software: VERITAS Volume Manager, VERITAS Cluster Service (VCS), HP Service Guard, Sun Cluster, EMC Storage, RAID Technologies, SSL, Splunk
Protocols: TCP/IP, UDP RIP, OSPF, EIGRP, IGRP, SNMP, SMTP, TELNET
Confidential, Dallas, TX
Sr. Linux Admin
- Installed and configured several hundred Red Hat Blade and VMware ESXi 4.1, 5& 5.5 Virtual Environment.
- Configured Red Hat Cluster Nodes for any legacy applications and verified the daily health check on the Cluster Nodes.
- Assisted in physically installing, racking and cabling new BM Blade Center S and Cisco UCS 5108 Chassis environment.
- Installing and configuring Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5, 6.1 using kick start servers and virtual
- Media based installs on several hundred Cisco UCS B 0 and BM Blade Center S as required for UAT/Production Oracle Web logic. Red hat JBoss, Oracle Enterprise Database and MySQL Database Server requirements.
- Responsible for installation, Configuration and administration of Oracle10g/11g database on SCO Unix, Linux and Windows 2003 Servers and also an integral part of the backup and recovery.
- Installing and updating packages using YUM (custom YUM servers/repositories) and Red Hat Satellite Server.
- Configured and Administered Apache, VSFTPD services, MYSQL and Tomcat.
- Participating in 24x7 production on-call support of Linux and provided technical support to users.
- Configured various alerts, captured support logs and configured resource pools utilizing Cisco UCS Manager.
- Configured and deployed patches, upgrades, bug fixes on both physical and virtual Red Hat Linux servers using satellite servers.
- Implemented rapid provisioning and life cycle management for Redhat LINUX using kickstart
- Expertise in security hardening (iptables/selinux) major Production Servers, and compiling, building and installing web server based Linux tools.
- Experience in performing, uploading and upgrading new firmware on the Interconnects and Chassis
- Proficient in providing support on the deployed Red Hat Enterprise Linux & Sun Solaris servers from both operating system level and application Level.
- Expertise in configuring Red Hat Cluster Nodes for any legacy applications and verified the daily health check on the Cluster Nodes utilizing clusters.
- Expertise in creating VM Templates, cloning and managing Snapshots.
- Expertise in working with MySQL databases, Apache Web server, Tomcat Application Servers
- Troubleshooting any performance or configuration issues with MySQL and Oracle.
- Expertise in hardening, Linux Server and Compiling, Building and installing Apache Server from sources with minimum modules.
- Monitoring and troubleshoot backups and schedule Cron jobs.
- Experience in scripting using BASH & PERL, Mail Server, Samba Server, Apache Server.
- Worked on configuring NIS, NFS, DNS, DHCP, FTP, FSTP, Telnet and RAID levels.
- Extensive experience in network management TCP/IP, NIS, DNS, NFS, VLAN.
- Experience in database replication using OCFS2 file system with oracle 10g and 11g database
- Experience in deploying several sets of Linux guest builds from VMware templates using PowerCLI as well as Red Hat Satellite Server.
- Experience in deploying RHEL 5.x, 6.1 in a blade environment.
- Patch management of servers and maintaining server's environment in Development/QA/Staging/Production.
- Resolving assigned remedy tickets and remedy tools in Development/QA/Staging/Production.
Environment: RHEL 4.x/5.x/6.x, Solaris 9,10&11, HPUX, Centos, SUSE 10, 11, VERITAS Volume Manager 3.x/ 4.x, VERITAS Storage Foundation 5, Redhat Cluster, VERITAS Cluster Server 4.1, Tripwire, NFS, DNS, SAN/NAS.
Confidential, Austin, TexasSystem Engineer
- Supported Solaris /Linux servers in production / stage / development environment.
- Configure and administrate database cluster using VERITAS cluster.
- VERITAS Volume Manager 3.x/4.x and Solstice Disk suite (SVM) RAID configuration, troubleshooting, maintenance, disk management & space allocation etc.
- Migrated Sun Server (Around 1000) and HP Servers (Around 300) Lift and Shift from Old Data Center to New Data Center on a Weekly Basis.
- Installation Configuration troubleshooting & maintenance of VERITAS cluster.
- Solaris 7, 8 & 9, 10 OS configuration, performance tuning, patching and maintenance.
- Sun Servers Hardware, OBP configuration & troubleshooting
- REDHAT Enterprise Linux 3, 4 Installation on various servers using Kick start and configuration & support for various applications run on Linux environment.
- Performed Mechanization Puppet and Chef.
- Exclusively done Oracle Migration from 4 Node Cluster to 4 Cluster and also 6 Node to 2 Node.
- Performed SRT testing before bring the Cluster into the Production.
- Migrated VERITAS Disk Groups using Deport and Import Techniques.
- Day to day duties for UNIX/Linux server Maintenance and Support to developer's team for their issues with application, tuning, troubleshooting, software running on UNIX/Linux Servers.
- Disaster Recovery operation setup & checkup at contracting facility
- Performed e in installing, configuring and trouble-Shooting web servers like IBM HTTP Web Server , Apache Web Server , Websphere Application Servers, and Samba Server on Linux (Redhat & CentOS) .
- Automation scripts for weekly and monthly backups in perl and shell
- UNIX Server monitoring for maximum availability using BMC patrol and other monitoring tools and taking steps to keep servers up and running under 24x7 environment for maximum uptime.
- 24x7 support for the UNIX servers. Rotating on call pager responsibilities for Production environment.
Environment: Solaris 8/9 with NFS and NIS, Linux RHRL3,4, Sun Ultra Sparc 60,SunE220,E250,E450,E3500, E4500, VMware, Solstice Disk Suites, Volume Manager (VxVm) 4.1,Veritas Cluster server (VCS), VMware.
Confidential, Bloomington, IL
- Supported Solaris /Linux servers in production/QA/ Development Environment, including Solaris Zone and RHEL VM's.
- Installed and Configured Solaris zones: whole, sparse, branded on Sun Hw (x4140,x4170,T5240.T3-1,T3-2)
- Installed ESXi 4.1 Hypervisor on HP Servers.
- Installing, configuring and maintaining apache, samba, Web Sphere& Web Logic Application Servers and Nagois .
- Worked on VMware, VMware View, vSphere 4.0. Dealt with ESX, ESXi servers.
- Enhanced and simplified vCenter server 4.0.
- Installation of systems using Jumpstart for Sun Servers and Kickstart for RHEL on HP Hw.
- Configure, support and perform routine maintenance of hardware and software for Linux and Solaris servers.
- Launching Amazon EC2 Cloud Instances using Amazon Images (Linux/ Ubuntu) and Configuring launched instances with respect to specific applications.
- Supported 200+ AWS cloud instances running Ubuntu, Redhat and Windows environments.
- Involved in Hardware and software evaluation, recommendation and vendor management.
- Automation of various administrative tasks on multiple servers using Puppet.
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet Dashboard, and Puppet DB for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Proficient in installation, configuration and maintenance of applications like Apache, LDAP, PHP
- Involved installing and managing different automation and monitoring tools on Redhat Linux like Nagios, Splunk and Puppet.
- Resolved config issues and problems related to OS, NFS mounts, LDAP user ids DNS and issues.
- Experience in creation and maintenance of ZFS file systems / set quotas.
- Regularly applying patches for Redhat Linux, Sun and HP systems.
- Develop Unix Shell scripts for regular and periodic jobs and also for sysadmin jobs.
- Extensively worked with Business, Application, Database, Network and SAN Team for project requirement.
- Project co-ordination and providing technical advice on system to management
- Plan, document, review and maintain system administration guidelines and policies
- Manage and co-ordinate Unix and Linux administration tasks
- Ensure Data Center operation meets required service levels
- 24x7 support for the UNIX servers. Rotating on call pager responsibilities for Production environment.
Environment : Solaris 9 & 10, RHEL 4.X,5.x,6.x: Sun Ultra Sparc T5220,T5240, T3-1,2,M5000,X4140,x4170; HP DL360, 380 & 580; VMware, Solstice Disk Suites, ZFS; Volume Manager (VxVm) 4.1, Veritas Cluster server (VCS), VMware. disk suite (SDS), SUN UCE, Jboss, Veritas Volume Manager (VxVm),VMware, Veritas Cluster server (VCS).
Confidential, Detroit, MI
- Provided 24 X 7 on call support (locally and remotely) for around 500+ sun servers in a Data Center Production Environment
- Performed Red hat Linux Kick-start Installation - Sun Solaris Jump start Installation.
- Preformed Installation, adding and replacement of Disks, Cards and Maintenance of SUN Servers.
- Installed, upgraded and loaded Patches and Packages on Sun Servers.
- Attended to users, developer problems; did troubleshoot the system and end user issues.
- Created and maintained Operating System Installation Documents.
- Monitored system performance, tune-up kernel parameter, added /removed /administered hosts, users.
- Scheduled Jobs using CRONTAB and AT Utility and wrote shell scripts to automate System Process.
- Managed NIS, NFS and Send mail Server.
- Added more resources like Memory, Disks and increasing the Swap.
- Performed User and Group Management using Admintool.
- Involved in documenting of Linux and Windows environment and configuration details including documentation of solutions for any issues that have not been discovered previously.
Environment: Solaris 8, Sun Enterprise, Servers E4500 and E3500, Sun SPARC 1000, Perl, shell Scripting, CRONTAB/AT.