Network professional with experience in design and support. Led high - profile projects to create or redesign web portals, webcasting, load balancing, site balancing, WAN acceleration, 802.1x security, and other technologies, at multiple Confidential 500 companies. Support these technologies, as well as routing, switching, Confidential and Checkpoint firewalls, and VPN.
Confidential routers and switches, Confidential firewalls, Checkpoint firewalls, webcasting, multicasting, Confidential videoconferencing, F5 load balancing,, CSS load balancing, Riverbed Wan accelerators, Quality of Service, 802.1x security,, VPN, Network SOP and FAQ Documentation, Visio Diagramming.
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
- Architected and implemented high - profile webcasting project, delivering live media externally to the Internet and internally to an employee population of 250,000. Webcast design included studio setup and sparse-mode multicasting over MPLS and VPN infrastructure.
- Designed new architecture for corporate web portal, employing F5 load balancers and BlueCoat proxy devices.
- Created Quality of Service policy for wide area network that eliminated jitter for voice, video, webcast, and prioritized ERM traffic.
- Videoconferencing Managed Confidential Telepresence and Confidential system and integrated it with a Microsoft Lync environment.
- Supported various networking technologies, including Confidential routers and switches, Juniper routers, Confidential ASA firewalls, Checkpoint firewalls, F5 load balancers, and Riverbed WAN Accelerators.
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
- Built high-availability web portal infrastructure for all of the Confidential and Confidential intranet and Internet presences, employing Confidential load balancers, Confidential CSS load balancers, and Confidential GSS site balancers.
- Troubleshot anything related to the high-availability web infrastructure. Initiated Internet caching and filtering at Confidential and Confidential, using Confidential content engines and Secure Computing filtering. Listed as a Case Study on both the Secure Computing and Confidential websites.
- Proposed and installed WAN acceleration on the corporate network using Riverbed accelerators. Corporate intranet, SAP, and file imaging applications increased network speed by 10x, and used a fraction of the previous WAN bandwidth. Listed as a Case Study on the Riverbed website.
- Spearheaded a successful short-timeline, high-profile project to create a robust infrastructure for live webcasting to all 12,000 company employees worldwide. Webcast architecture involved onsite video encoders, inexpensive Internet routing for stream transmission to sites, and multicasting the streams at each site via Confidential content engines.
- Created initial Confidential and Confidential wireless network infrastructure using VPN to secure the networks. This model withstood all cracking attempts by outside companies during security audits. Recreated the wireless security several years later, using the newer 802.1x technology to secure the wireless networks. This model also withstood all cracking attempts during security audits, while reducing costs and improving wireless roaming.H
- Created user-friendly technical documents, SOPs, FAQs, whitepapers, Visio diagrams, and executive presentations for all technologies.
- Built intranet websites for those technologies that directly interacted with end-users.
- Created Disaster Recovery documents for network.
- Provide 2nd level support for all network technologies.
Manager of Networking
- Directed operations for Rodel s data and voice networks, including routers, firewalls, circuits, PBXs, and remote access, with a support staff of five.
- Added snmp monitoring and network management to Rodel s network, and set up a DMZ for web services.
- Reduced connectivity operating costs by over $250K per year by eliminating unneeded circuits and getting better rates from telcom vendors.
Confidential, Wilmington, DE
Senior Network Engineer
- Managed the routers, switches, hubs, CSU/DSUs, leased and frame relay circuits, and network management for Confidential s 10,000 - user, 400-server network, including connectivity to mainframes, outside vendors, and the Internet.
- Maintained 24x7 pager availability for network problem tickets.
- Created a web-based documentation system for the entire network, significantly reducing training time for new team members.
- Managed Confidential effort for network.
- Personally designed and implemented network disaster recovery infrastructure.