Technologist with more than 20+ years of strategic hands - on experience working with various technical solutions in many environments. I also possess broad technical knowledge combined with outstanding leadership and creative problem-solving skills in both strategic and tactical areas. In additional to technical skills, I am also a Technical Writer/effective communicator able to explain complex concepts and ideas to non-technical individuals.
Confidential, Richmond, CAResponsibilities:
- Establish network specification for users by analyzing workflow, access, information and security requirements.
- Designed and maintained switch and router administration including interface configuration and routing protocols.
- Monitored network performances issues including availability, utilization, throughput, goodput and latency.
- Maintains network performance by performing network monitoring, analysis, performance tuning, troubleshooting and escalation to vendor.
- Secures network by developing network access, monitoring, control, evaluation and documentation.
- Upgraded network hardware by conferring with vendors, testing, evaluating and installation enhancements for the West Coast Locations.
- Responsible for Asset Management for Zygo/Ametek’s West Coast Locations.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities.
System Administrator/Technical Implementer
Confidential, San Francisco, CAResponsibilities:
- Scheduled and executed all stages of enterprise software, hardware and system implementations.
- Assessed implications for each project phase and monitored progress to meet deadlines, standards and technical targets.
- Worked with both IT and Network Teams to meet project goals and scope.
- Translated hardware/software & networking needs to customer and prepared detailed work breakdown structures to meet project milestones.
- Worked with vendors on obtaining permits for installations for hospital locations.
- Lead on projects involving hardware and network relocation and connections.
- Resolved numerous projects issues including user relocations, user & networking needs and any tactical matters.
Confidential,San Francisco, CAResponsibilities:
- Set up and maintain PC/MAC hardware at remote and field locations.
- Calibrate instrumentation, controls and equipment to test function.
- Assists in providing service to UCSF Medical Center and Campus locations
- Assigned as proactive IT Administrator to Medical Division, ICU and OR.
- Updated knowledge based manuals and websites for technicians to access location wide.
- Provided support for hardware and software issues in both laptop and desktops systems to include software installations and configuration.
- Responsible for configuring Active Directory user accounts in Microsoft Exchange.
Network Operations Administrator
- All Level support for Apple Internal and External customers.
- Monitor system performance, application logs and processes in a Production and Development environment.
- Ensured proper escalation of application, process and connectivity issues.
- Follow escalation path to appropriate groups for workaround and/or resolution.
- Perform health checks on systems according to departmental standards and regulations.
- Assist in creating wiki documents, run books and procedures.
- Work closely with vendors too identify and resolve issues in timely manners.
- Responsible for updating management of routine maintenance schedules of applications department wide.
Technical Client Support Analyst
Confidential, Salt Lake CityResponsibilities:
- Developed and maintained in-depth knowledge of products in order to support customers.
- Managed customer’s expectations and ensured satisfaction with products.
- Ensured that every customer satisfaction at the highest level.
- Acted as a customer advocate to Product Management and Development.
- Communicated with Quality Assurance to report bugs recognized by customers.
- Ensured proper escalation to Tier II Division for unresolved issues and insuring customers are satisfied.
- Gained and maintained current knowledge of 3M Support Policies and Procedures.
- Extensively used CX RightNow (Remedy) to record and track issues.
- Utilized Cisco WebEx and LogMeIn remote sessions to troubleshoot and repair issues encountered by customers
- Setup and configure 3M Interface, Application and Database Servers (SQL) for Premium Customers.
- Diagnosed hardware/software connectivity issues.
- Conducted training sessions for customer for the use of 3MHIS Software.