- Over all 6+ years of experience in designing Build Process, Software Product Development, Build and Deployment Automation, Release Management, Source Code repository, Environment management.
- Created AWS instances and deployed applications and delivered to QA teams to initiate Performance testing.
- Experience in using AWS including EC2, Auto - Scaling in launching EC2 instances, Elastic Load Balancer, Elastic Beanstalk, S3, Glacier, Cloud Front, RDS, VPC, Route53, Cloud Watch, Cloud Formation, IAM, SNS.
- Provisioning EC2 instances and have knowledge on all resource areas of EC2 like Instances, Dedicated hosts, volumes, Key pairs, Elastic IP's, Snapshots, Load Balancers and Security Groups.
- Experience on Cloud technologies including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service provider (IaaS, PaaS and SaaS)
- Experience with build tools Maven for writing pom.xml for scratch for new applications and improvising the existing build scripts on need basis.
- Experience with web and application servers (Apache http server, Tomcat)
- Implemented a CD pipeline involving Jenkins, Nexus, and Chef, Ansible to complete the Automation from commit to Deployment.
- Experience in working with configuration management tools like PUPPET, CHEF and ANSIBLE.
- Performed automation tasks on various Docker components like Docker Hub, Docker Engine, Docker Machine, Compose and Docker Registry
- Dockerized applications by creating Docker images from Docker file
- Proficient in using Build Automation tools like ANT, Maven, Gradle
- Experience in writing Chef Cookbooks and recipes to automate middleware installations, domain creations and deployment activities.
- Experience in implementation and maintenance of DNS, DHCP, NFS, SMTP and SAMBA
- Experience in handling Hardware issues, Migration and Data Center Operations.
- Worked on Performance Monitoring, resolving network issues & Tuning the system using tools.
- Worked on Linux Utilities: SSH, FTP, User, Process, Memory, Package, Disk and Log Management’s and Swap Partition/Files Management.
- Good knowledge and hands on Experience in some monitoring tools like Splunk, Nagios, Cacti etc.
- Experiences on design and implementation of Hybrid Test Automation Framework build using Selenium RC, TestNG, Maven, Apache POI technologies under Java platform.
- Worked with different Bug tracking tools like JIRA, Rally, Remedy, HP Quality Center, and Fisheye.
Programming Languages: C, Java, SQL
Scripting: Shell, Bash, Ruby, Groovy, Python
Versioning Tools: GIT, SVN, CVS
Database: MySQL, MSSQL, Mongo DB
CI/ Automation Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo, Travis CI
Configuration Management: Ansible, Chef, Puppet, UDeploy
Build Tools: Maven, Ant, Gradle, Teamcity
Build Repository Manager: Nexus, Artifactory
Ticketing Tools: Remedy, Service Now, Maximo
Cloud Technologies: Virtualization tools
AWS, Azure, Google Cloud: VMWare, Docker, Vagrant
Operating Systems: UNIX, Red Hat, Centos, Ubuntu, Fedora, Windows, OS/400
Other Tools: Control-M, Jira, Nginx
Software Methodology: Waterfall, RUP model, Agile model
Monitoring tools: HP OMI, Nagios
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Launched and configured AWS Multi-Tier EC2 instances in predefined VPC’s in different subnets and attached ACLs & Security Groups to maintain security.
- Created S3 buckets and managed policies and utilized Glacier for Archival storage and backup on AWS.
- Worked on AWS CLI.
- Working on AWS & Rackspace cloud to provision new instances in a Hybrid cloud environment.
- Working with DevOps practices using AWS, Elastic Bean stalk and Docker with Kubernetes.
- Provisioning Web Servers in AWS using different services EC2, VPC, ELB, Auto Scaling, Route53 using Cloud formation templates & AMI’s using Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS).
- Hand on experience with Kubernetes for container orchestration.
- Used Kubernetes to setup service selection and load balancing.
- Run Jenkins on-top of Kubernetes to drive all automation with web-hooks tied into our Git system.
- Leverage latest pipeline / multi-branch pipeline functionality for managing all aspects of the pipeline via Git (Jenkins file)
- Experience in setting up kubernetes cluster using KOPS scripts and rancher and experience in creating build process for docker based deployments using Jenkins pipelines.
- Worked on integrating GIT into the continuous Integration (CI) environment along with Jenkins. Written python scripts to containerize chef using Dockers and orchestrate it using Kubernetes. Configured the services using modern DevOps tools like Ansible.
- Wrote GROOVY/Unix scripts to configure resources and Servers.
- Automation of infrastructure by creating scripts of Chef.
- Responsible for analyzing the requirement and implement the solutions using build and deployment automation tools like uBuild/uDeploy/Urbancode deploy and Anthill.
- Created Jenkins workflows using Groovy script to automate entire build and deployment process.
- Implemented Continuous Delivery framework using CHEF, Ansible, Jenkins, and Maven in Linux environment on AWS Public cloud.
- Used Chef to configure and mange infrastructure. Wrote cookbooks to automate the configuration setups and used CM tools, Chef for integrating process and Ansible for deployment process.
- Provided a better workflow for Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
- Worked with the development team to generate deployment profiles (jar, war, ear) using Ant Scripts and Jenkins.
- Responsible for building/deploying consistently repeatable build/deployments to company production and non-production environments using Jenkins.
Environment: DevOps, Red Hat 6.x,7.x, Centos, Windows, Shell, Python, Jenkins, P, Ansible, Maven, Ant, Jira, Remedy, HP OMI, Cloud watch, Tomcat, Git, AWS, Docker
Confidential, Miami, FL
- Responsible for day-to-day System Administration tasks system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, Troubleshooting, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Managed Linux and Windows virtual servers on AWS EC2 using Open-Source Puppet Server.
- Working for DevOps Platform team responsible for specialization areas related to Puppet for Cloud Automation.
- Collaborated with Development and Support teams to setup a CD (Continuous Delivery) environment with the use of Docker, continuous build and delivery tools.
- Designed & deployed AWS solutions with EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling & Opsworks; deployed cloud stack using AWS OpWorks.
- Working experience with Amazon Redshift.
- Designing Monitoring based on requirements, Build and Operational Deployment with consultation of Client.
- Configured and monitored distributed and multi-platform servers using Puppet, Chef.
- Worked on Puppet Manifest to deploy new software and plugins as well as manage deployments to the production Jenkins server.
- Worked on User admin setup, maintaining account, Monitor system performance using Nagios & Tivoli.
- Familiar working with monitoring tools like splunk, AppDynamics to monitor the logs.
- Worked on Multiple AWS instances, set the security groups, Elastic Load Balancer and AMIs, Auto scaling to design cost effective, fault tolerant and highly available systems.
- Installed, Administered and Maintained several instances of Jenkins. Mastered supporting various development teams and running more builds a day with downstream jobs to perform the deployments onto SIT & QA environments.
- Managed the source code for various applications in SVN and GIT.
- Knowledge of agile development methodologies like Scrum, Sprints, Kanban model.
- Using ITIL process while pushing builds and deployments to prod and pre-prod environments.
- Worked on Administration, maintenance and support of Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) servers.
- Continuously updating documentation for internal knowledge base of support team and IT team.
- Provided 24x7 supports.
- Created analytical matrices reports, dash boards for release services based on JIRA tickets, reach continuous delivery and built clouds with AWS.
Environment: DevOps, RHEL(6.x/7.x), Puppet, Chef, AWS, Jenkins, GIT, Docker, Apache, Nagios, MySQL and Monitoring tools, Ruby, Reports, Network Protocols.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
DevOps/ Linux Engineer
- Installation, configuration and Operating System upgrade on, Red Hat Linux 5.x, 6.x, 7.0Ubuntu 13.x, 14.x and Windows 2008 R2, 2012.
- Built Openstack environment for developers allowing self-provisioning.
- Created custom Openstack Glance images for developers.
- Provision AWS instances in AWS EC2 cloud in different VDCs.
- Configured auto scaling in AWS for various application environments.
- Help dev teams identifying possible containerized applications in the AWS environment.
- Create puppet modules for various application installation and configuration management.
- Work with DEV teams to support their POC activities and roll over configurations to DEV, TEST and Staging environments.
- Evaluating Docker container technology to replace some virtual environments.
- Work with DEV and Test teams to develop puppet modules for auto deployment integrate with Jenkins to support CI/CD model.
- Evolving new tools/methodologies to improve this existing process and show better results to all stakeholders
- Support the code builds by integrating with continuous integration tool (Jenkins)
- Written Maven scripts, Installed Jenkins, written shell script for end to end build and deployment automation.
- Provided configuration management expertise to all software development projects.
- Release Engineer for a team that involved different development teams and multiple simultaneous software releases.
- Install, configure, update, and troubleshoot web servers like Apache, Tomcat.
- Responsible for the proper functioning of the systems and all supported applications.
- Reviewing of system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Setup Chef Server, workstation, client and wrote scripts to deploy applications.
- Used cookbooks, recipes, roles, Databags, runlist to deploy web applications, applications servers and vendor applications.
- Used Test Kitchen to test the scripts and used Ohai to collect attributes on node.
- Maintained Chef Servers and management application that can use Service Now (CI) data to bring computers into a desired state by managing files, services, or packages installed on physical or virtual machines.
- Configured Jira, Confluence, BitBucket, Bamboo, Chef, Jenkins, Docker, Vagrant, SourceTree, Packer and Data Migration from on-prim to AWS, BOTO, Tomcat, Nginx, automation using Bash Scripting, AWS CLI and Python.
- Able to create complex JIRA workflows including project workflows, screen schemes, permission scheme and notification schemes in JIRA.
- Install and configure various services like DHCP, NFS, DNS,Apache Web Server, NIS, LDAP, Samba, JBoss, Web Sphere, SSH, FTP/SFTP, Sendmail/SMTP, Telnet, Web logic, RPM Package Management, File System Management.
- Modifying user’s password policies, group policy, UID and GID assignment policies.
- Install, configure, update, and troubleshoot database servers like MSSQL Cluster, MySQL, Oracle9i/10g/11g, Mongo DB 2.x and 3.0.
Environment: DevOps, AWS, Openstack, Docker, Jenkins, GIT, Red Hat Linux 5.x,6.x, 7.0, Ubuntu 13.x,14.x, Windows 2008,2010,VMware ESX 3.5,HP Blade servers, HP Proliant BL460c, DL560 DELL Poweredge 1850, 2850, 6450 Sun StorEdge A1000, A5000,JIRA, Apache 2.2/2.4,Tomcat 6.x/7.x,Sendmail, Postfix, Netapp, ONTAP,TCP/IP, NFS, RAID, Web logic 8.1, Samba, JBoss 6.x/7.x, Oracle 9i/10g/11g, YUM, RPM.
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
- Installed, configured, maintained and administered Linux O/S
- Administrated and installed OS packages using YUM and RPM
- Configured and troubleshoot issues related to NFS, DHCP, FTP
- Monitoring system performance with tools like SAR, TOP, VMSTAT
- Disk management using LVM, FDISK, etc.
- User management
- Installed, configured and monitored web related issues(apache)
- Installation and configuration of KVM and VMWARE, Vagrant
- Troubleshooting complex network related issues
- Maintain Linux servers hosted in AWS cloud
- Build, configure and troubleshoot EC2 instances
- Create s3 buckets for storage and backup
- Setting up virtual private clouds (VPC)both public and internal or private
- Worked on autoscalling to scale resources within the AWS infrastructure
- Worked on elastic load balancer to control traffic within the infrastructure
- Troubleshooting storage and application related issues created and attached elastic block storages to ec2 instances used the IAM for user administration in the AWS infrastructure
- Created security to control incoming and outbound traffic
- Worked on Ansible and Chef for automation and deployment of resources system hardening with tools like IPTables, Firewalls, Selinux, and Tcp wrappers
- Hands on cloudfront for content delivery (AWS)
- Worked on jenkins for software cycle management
- Build and configure resources like ELB and auto scaling for fault tolerance
- User administration scripting Shell, Bash and some Python
- Monitoring with cloudwatch and Nagios
- Installation, configuration and upgrade of Solaris, AIX, Linux (Red hat and SuSE), Windows operating system.
- Configured and managed Apache web server and Managed software and hardware RAID systems.
- Managed user accounts and authentication process by NIS service.
- Managed System Firewall utilizing IP Chains, IP Tables. Implemented SSH, SSL.
- Setup and maintained DNS primary, secondary, cache-only servers, DHCP servers and DNS clients.
- Worked on incidents problem and change tickets related to AIX/Unix/Linux server.
- Managing (adding/removing) disks partitions.
- Worked on multiple accounts with Ticket assessment on daily basis.
- Administration and maintenance of WAS ND clusters (vertical, horizontal) and deployment of applications in highly available, load balanced production environments.
- Developed a web service integration layer for Web Sphere Portal. Install and configure Web Sphere Portal on AIX, UNIX and Windows.
- Experienced in working with Network Engineers to install, manage, and configure NAS based storage and insure overall system and network security.
- Perform auditing on Unix/Linux Servers for security compliance and monitoring.
- Worked on Server commission and Decommission.
- Monitoring the System Performance and tuning the kernel to enhance system performance.
- Worked on backup issues and resolving as required.
- Job Scheduling and Automating process using CRON & AT.
- Worked on Citrix environment user management.
- Administration of Tivoli Storage manager 5.1.4 client.
- Performing User ID creation, modification, deletion and maintain server security.
- Monitoring system logs and the root's email for important messages such as errors and warnings or hardware fail errors.
- Worked on tickets troubleshoot, administer and performance tune AIX 5.1, Solaris 6, 7 and 8, Red Hat Linux.
- Setup and configured network TCP/IP on AIX including RPC connectivity for NFS. Created mount points for Server directories, and mounted these directories on AIX Servers.
- Configured and administered LPARs. Installation of patches and other software packages.
- Configuration of NIS, NIS+, DNS, NFS, Send mail, Samba, Apache for multiple environments.
- Configured various services, devices as well as applications of UNIX servers and worked with application team to customize the environment.
- Converting the physical Servers to Virtual servers using VMware Environment. Good understanding in HA, DRS, clustering, load balancing.
- Experience in configuring and management of VMware Clusters, VMware DRS, High Availability (HA) and VMotion.
- Server Consolidation using VMware Infrastructure 3, Virtual Center, P2V Tool.
- Working on Change Management and Request Management Tickets in Remedy Tool
- Experience in configuring and enabling VMware EVC on VMware clusters.
- Worked on the migration process of Active Directory from AD .
- Activities involve Domain Controller Migration from Windows Server 2003 to Windows Server 2008 R2.
- Experience with VMware system patching using update manager.
- Responsible to ensure servers are current with firmware, drivers, patches and security updates.
- Proficient in managing ESX Hosts using VMware vCenter.
- Experience of working with SCCM team for Deployment and trouble-shooting.
- Linked Different vCenter servers using linked mode to have a single instance through vSphere client to manage the whole Virtual environment.
- Knowledge of MS Exchange Server, MS SQL Server, SCOM, etc
- Experience in configuring Hardware iSCSI to Rack servers and add storage to VMware ESX hosts.
- Experience in configuring VMware vCenter Alarms for data store and host memory and CPU usage.
- Experience in setting up VMware standard vSwitch and ports groups (Service Console, Virtual Machine and VM Kernel.
- Experience in creating Clusters in Virtual Center and adding ESX Hosts to Virtual Center Cluster.
- Experience in setting up VM Kernel Network and Enable VMotion.
- Created the ESX test environment and plans, and handled communication with the business units. The project also included the upgrade of multiple mission critical NT4 member servers using ESX server and P2V to prevent downtime and production outage.
- Created and managed Virtual Machines and Templates, worked with clones and snapshots of Virtual Machines.
- Built and configured ESX 3.5/4.0 hosts and deployed XP/Vista/2000/2003/2008 VMware Virtual Guests.