- Sr. Network Engineer with around 7 years of experience in designing, implementing, managing WAN and LAN networks
- Extensive experience in administration, engineering, and supporting for various technologies including proficiency in LAN/WAN, routing, switching, security, application load balancing and wireless.
- Designed and implemented router and layer 2 and 3 switches.
- Experience in handling Network Monitoring tools and Packet capture tools (NAM, New Relic, OPNET, NetFlow, Wireshark, Sniffer).
- Responsible for Firewall, Load Balancing and Wireless Infrastructure.
- Experience in working with Cisco Nexus Switches and Virtual Port Channel configuration.
- Experience with Checkpoint VSX, including virtual systems, routers and switches.
- Experience with DNS/DFS/DHCP/WINS Standardizations and Implementations.
- Configuration of Network and Security devices such as Cisco routers and switches (Cisco ASR 1K, 9K, … 7K/5K).
- Supported in troubleshooting and directing end users on issues ranging from database security, backup/restoration, to erroneous data issues, detailed networking issues, software change request/bug discovery and reporting.
- Execute DHCP, DNS, IPAM configure on the servers to allocate
- As part of Data Services team, was Lead on Disaster recovery planning, implementation, and testing.
- Extensive experience in Implementing, Configuration, Upgrades and Support of Checkpoint (NGX R65, R70 and R71), Juniper Firewalls (SRX5400, SRX5600, and SRX5800), Cisco Firewalls (ASA5525, ASA 5505, 5506 - X, 5585), Palo Alto Networks Firewall models (PA-2k, PA-3k, and PA-5 k).
- Implemented Site to Site, Upgraded Wireless LAN Controllers.
- Designed and implemented SSL Portal for outside customers.
- Installed, configured and monitoring of Checkpoint Firewall.
- Experience with Cisco IOS XR on ASR9000, 12000 series routers.
- Worked on Cisco UCM administration and Cisco UCCX call system
- Designed and implemented F5 load balanced environment Confidential the data center.
- Worked on a plan for a new datacenter build using Viprion/vCMP to consolidate F5 infrastructure.
- Hands on experience in configuring and supporting site-to-site and remote access Cisco, IPsec, VPN solutions using ASA/PIX firewalls, Cisco, VPN client in addition to providing TACACS+ and RADIUS services.
- Streamlined server architecture and maximize usability for company and clients.
- Controlled costs by investigating upgrades and new technology before implementation.
- Managed multiple simultaneous customer design and risk avoidance projects.
- Repaired and restructured current servers as needed.
- Prepared reports on data center efficiency to improve function and reduce costs.
- Ensured that data center stays as immaculate as possible to prevent unnecessary damage to computer systems.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience on IP Addressing, Sub netting, VLSM and ARP, reverse and proxy ARP, Ping Concepts
- Network Technologies: RIP, OSPF, RADIUS, DNS and QOS
- Network Security, NAT, PAT, STP, VPN, Traffic Filtering
- Excellent knowledge in IP addressing on iPv4 and iPv6
- Completes logical and physical setup and configuration of routers, switches and access points.
- Set up CAT5/6 & FC structured cabling - Cable trace, Crimp, FC testing, cable management.
- Experience in Palo Alto, Tipping Point, Iron Port, Mobile Iron and other Firewall technologies.
- Cisco (ISE) to simplify identity management across diverse devices and applications.
- Experience working with Microsoft, VMware, Citrix, SolarWinds, Active Directory, Share point, SAN/NAS and related technology
- Adept Knowledge on F5 LTM, GTM series like 6400, 6800, 8800 for the corporate applications and their availability.
- Adept knowledge in preparing technical documentation and presentations using Microsoft Visio/ Office.
- Provides technical leadership for problem escalation and resolution.
Networking: Routing Algorithms, Mobile Ad-Hoc Networks (MANETs), WAN, LAN, OSI, TCP/IP, BGP, EIGRP, DNS, DHCP Routing (Static Route& Summarization, RIPv2, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, Redistribution)Switching (STP, RSTP, PVSTP, VLANs, VTP, CDP, LLDP, NEXUS, VRRP, GLBP)
WAN Technologies: (PPP, CHAP, PAP, GRE, Frame Relay, MPLS)
Simulation Tools: MATLAB, GNS3, Cisco Packet Tracer, Xilinx, LabView, RIVERBED (OPNET)
Cisco router platforms: 2500, 2600, 2800, 3600, 3700, 3800, 7200, 7609.
Cisco Switch platforms: 2900XL, 2950, 2960, 3560, 3750, 4500, and 6500.
Network Security Tools/Load Balancers: Wireshark Packet Analyzer, Firewall Securities. Cisco ASA 5585, 5550, 5540.Checkpoint (NGX R65, R70 and R71), Juniper Firewalls (SRX5400, SRX5600, and SRX5800), Cisco Firewalls (ASA5525, ASA 5505, 5506-X, 5585), and Palo Alto Networks Firewall models (PA-2 k, PA-3 k, and PA-5 k).
LAN Technologies: Vlan, vtp, inter-vlan routing, stp, rstp, pvst, 802.1x
Network Securities: Nat/pat, vpn, l2/l3vpn, filtering, load balancing f5, ids/ips, IPsec, acl.
Web servers: Apache, Nginx and IIS.
Juniper Products: JunosE (ERX1440, REX e320 & e120), SRX, MX, EX Series Routers and Switches.
Juniper Switches: Juniper EX 4400, EX 4200, EX 2200.
Platforms: Windows, UNIX and Linux.
Confidential - Seattle - WA
Network Engineer III
- Configured routing protocols such as OSPF, EIGRP, and BGP with Access Control lists implemented as per Network Design Document and followed the change process as per IT policy. It also includes the configuration of the port channel between core switches and server distribution switches.
- Configured and upgraded Aruba Controllers for Managing clients, which included network and resource access.
- Contributed in troubleshooting of complex LAN/WAN infrastructure that includes routing protocols EIGRP, OSPF and BGP.
- Collaborate with senior engineers and customers on the design, configuration and deployment of WAN and site-to-site connection.
- Provided 24/7 network support for troubleshooting and resolving network related incidents.
- Designed, tested, and implemented global Next Generation MPLS network (150 sites) using Cisco 4300, 3800, 2800, 2600, and 1721 Cisco routers and 800 Series VPN routers using BGP and EIGRP protocols.
- Design, deployment and maintenance of security/network devices and datacenters of enterprise.
- Assisted in MPLS migrations, implemented a backup for the existing WAN connection using site-to-site IP sec VPN tunnels.
- Supported EIGRP and BGP based on the network by resolving level 2 & 3 problems of internal teams & external customers of all locations.
- Responsible for deploying network infrastructure.
- Deploy, scale and automate the network across multiple global datacenters (including existing footprints and greenfield locations).
- Drive scaling of current network designs to meet the demand of customers.
- Create simple, repetitive deployment processes that increase both velocity and quality.
- Work closely with internal customers on designs/solutions; bringing those designs/solutions from concept to production.
- Create and update our network standards and ensure that the network is deployed to these standards.
- Used Cisco ISE to grant authenticated users with access to specific segments of the network, or specific applications and services, or both, based on authentication results
- Manages the Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE) for access to network devices, manage authentication for users and endpoints.
- Configured Nexus 5000 switches to integrate with Cisco ISE features for device control and 802.1x
- Create and implement changes on the network.
- Work closely with automation teams in defining the tools that allow us to scale Confidential unprecedented volume.
- Documented workflow process, managing and implementing standard policy and procedures.
Confidential - Redmond - WA
Sr. Network Security Engineer
- Configured, troubleshoot, and upgraded Checkpoint Firewalls for Manage clients, which included network and/or resource access.
- Maintained complex LAN/WAN networks with several VLANS and provided support for routing protocols and also providing secure sessions over internet using IPSec and SSL encryption.
- Replacing HP switches with Cisco 2960 series switches
- Configuring new Cisco routers and switches, migrating and upgrading LAN & WAN
- Implementing security Solutions using Palo Alto Pa-5000/3000, Cisco ASA, Checkpoint firewalls R75, R77.20 Gaia, Juniper SRX 5600/5800 and Provider-1/MDM
- Prepared network diagrams, documenting on confluence about issues and solutions
- Configuring the check for monitoring the devices like web servers, routers, modems, switches, firewalls, application servers, load balancers and other servers
- Configuring, implementing and maintaining of Cisco firewalls (ASA 5505, 5510), Cisco Routers, Cisco Switches
- Configuring, troubleshooting and maintaining the SOPHOS firewalls in various locations
- Performing quarterly and yearly PCI compliant scans
- Good Knowledge on Juniper SRX configurations on various platforms of Junos.
- Installed and configured firewalls, IPS, IPsec VPNs and various screens for intrusion prevention on Juniper SRX equipment.
- Install, turn-up and configured Juniper hardware for Matrix & CPA test labs; routers, switches and test equipment.
- Test network resilience & failover by oversubscribing links, capacity planning, apply vendor software updates.
- Write MoPs to configure Juniper and Tellabs interfaces 10Ge Trunks, OSPF, CoS, QoS, VPLS, EVPL, RSVP Juniper hardware support of MX960e, MX480e, M10, M120, M320, T1600, T640, and Tellabs 8860.
- Managed Datacenter of F5 load balancers, Cisco 4500, Juniper M120 and Extreme switches.
- Support for Juniper M120 & J series, Cisco 3745, 6500, Extreme Summit, GPRS CGSN, Memotec switch.
- Devised and Implemented procedures for configuration and management of up to 400 Juniper Ex3300 access switches, including planning and development of a standard configuration template.
- Upgrade network equipment, software and hardware components and system configuration.
- Maintain technical detailed documentation of LAN and WAN systems and applications.
- Automated active directory operations of the organization like adding, removing, updating users using python.
Confidential - Wilmington, DE
Sr. Network Engineer
- Install and configure two new Juniper switch environments. The new models; Juniper EX4200 & EX4550 switches.
- The EX4200s to become there new CORE switches and the EX4550 for customer's new Storage environment.
- This also involved Virtual Chassis and OSPF configuration for EX4200 Cores and bonded twinax for EX4550's for their storage environment.
- Configured Multi homing BGP routing on customer's Juniper SRX firewall infrastructure.
- Setup and configured multiple Juniper ISG-2000 firewalls and Juniper SSG-20 firewalls for partner locations.
- Configured multiple site-to-sites VPN on Cisco PIX FW and Cisco routers to connect too many customers and partner locations.
- Configured Juniper M10i, M7i, and Juniper EX switches for new data center.
- Configuring HSRP between the 3845 router pairs of Gateway redundancy for the client desktops.
- Configuring GLBP, VLAN Trunking 802.1Q, STP, Port security on Catalyst 6500 switches.
- Responsible for service request tickets generated by the helpdesk in all phases such as troubleshooting, maintenance, upgrades, patches and fixes with all around technical support.
- Involved in L2/L3 Switching technology administration including creating and maintaining VLANs, Port security, Trunking, STP, Inter Vlan Routing, LAN security.
- Configured CIDR IP RIP, PPP, BGP and OSPF routing.
- Involved in the configuration & troubleshooting of routing protocols: MP-BGP, OSPF, LDP, EIGRP, RIP, BGP v4. Configured IP access filter policies.
- Hands-on experience with WAN (ATM/Frame Relay), Routers, Switches, TCP/IP, Routing Protocols (BGP/OSPF), and IP addressing.
- Configuring STP for switching loop prevention and VLANs for data and voice along with Configuring port security for users connecting to the switches.
- Ensured Network, system and data availability & integrity through preventive maintenance and upgrade.
- Worked in OSI Model, TCP/IP protocol suite (IP, ARP, ICMP, TCP, UDP, SMTP, FTP and TFTP).
- Basic Configuration and VLAN/VTP/Spanning-tree setup on Cisco 3800, 6500, WDN 6K Nexus Switches.
- LAN/WAN design and implementation using Cisco routers, hubs and switches.
- Securing network resources with shared folder permissions, Implementing file security system.
- Configure Switches (layer2, 3 and 4 switching).
- Router Configuration and monitoring of Cisco 9K, 71w.
- Configured Cisco Routers using Bundle Ethernet, RIP, IGRP, OSPF and EIGRP.
- Worked on connecting to Oracle database and fetch the data with Python.
- Network Engineer responsible for Firewall, Load Balancing and Wireless Infrastructure.
- Worked for Data Services Team, leading on the Disaster recovery planning, implementation and testing.
- Part of multiple acquisition teams requiring migration to Compass data center.
- Replaced Checkpoint NG Firewalls with Cisco FWSM.
- Replaced Nortel Contivity IPSEC VPN with Cisco ASA SSL Client and Clientless VPN.
- Designed and Implemented Wireless Infrastructure with Secure Intranet and Guest Access.
- Implemented Cisco Optimized Edge Routing (OER) to utilize multiple ISPs with single public address Space.
- Designed and Implemented Cisco GSS. DNS based load balancing with health checking and proximity detection.
- Used to load outbound vendor connections across multiple paths.
- Deploying and decommission of VLANs on core ASR 9K, MIX routers, Nexus 7K, 5K, HP switches and its downstream devices.
- Performed OSPF, BGP, DHCP Profile, HSRP, IPV6, Bundle Ethernet implementation on ASR 9K redundant pair.
- Configured CIDR, RIP, PPP, BGP, MPLS and OSPF routing on Cisco routers and Juniper routers.
- Assisted in MPLS migrations, implemented a backup for the existing WAN connection using site-to-site IP sec VPN tunnels.
- Worked on F5 LTM, GTM series like 6400, 6800, 8800 for the corporate applications and their availability.
- Worked on designing and troubleshooting of OSPF routing problems
- Worked in Proxy servers, Solar wind network installation and monitoring billing system, Network performance for one year time.
- Managing and administering User accounts, assigning Group policies for computers and users.
- Managing disk space, user profile creation and user rights management.
- Configuring and maintaining web server and mail server.
- Handled Procurement of B/W, Servers, Microsoft License, renewal AMC like, Servers and Desktop Maintenance, Recording Machine, Firewall, MPLS and Lease line, Routers and Switches.
Jr. Network Engineer
- Configured OSPF on CISCO devices with multiple routing processes and redistributed them. Tested and hands on experience in multi area OSPF topologies.
- Monitor, troubleshoot, test and resolve Frame Relay, ATM, MLPPP, PPP, and Dial-up.
- Routing protocol use EIGRP, OSFP, Static, Static Routes.
- Design and implement data cloud solutions.
- Design and implement EIGRP, OSFP, VPN, and Site to site VPN.
- Perform upgrades to Cisco Switches from 5000, 6500.
- Manage Help desk staff on day to day activate.
- Configuring/Troubleshoot issues with the following types of routers Cisco (7200, 6500, 4500, 1700, 2600 and 3500 series), to include: bridging, switching, routing, Ethernet, NAT, and DHCP, as well as assisting with customer LAN /MAN.
- Actively participated in upgrading fast Ethernet, Layer 3 switched/routed LAN infrastructure from Cisco 3640 to Cisco 2811 ISR routers and switches Confidential access level to 2950, 3550.
- Configuring Vlan's, VTP's, enabling trunks between switches.
- Assisted in network engineering efforts consistent with the infrastructure of an Internet Service Provider and support of such network services.
- Helped in designing and implementation of VLAN for the new users. Network Protocol Expert in DNS/DHCP & IP Management application support.
- Scripting/programming (Perl / Shell Scripting, C, C++).
- Work with Active Directory, as well as utilizing VI for IP/hostname updates.
- Significant work and knowledge of VitalQIP and usage of QIP GUI.