- Around 7 plus years of experience as a Cloud/Automation Engineer & Linux Admin in solving complex problems with creative solutions, supporting development, Deployment to operations in different environments.
- Highly experienced in AWS and GCP Cloud platform and its features.
- Experience in Linux Administration, Configuration Management, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Release Management and Cloud Implementations.
- Experience on writing playbooks for Ansible and deploying applications using Ansible.
- Highly experienced in AWS features which include EC2, VPC, EBS, AMI, SNS, RDS, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation, AWS Cli, Auto scaling, IAM, S3, and R53.
- Highly experienced in GCP features which include Google Compute engine, Google Storage, VPC, Cloud Load balancing, IAM.
- Application Deployments, Orchestration, Automation using Ansible.
- Experienced in Cloud automation using AWS Cloud Formation templates and stacks.
- Experience with migration to AWS/GCP from Datacenter using Velostrata .
- Experience with AWS security tools and services: AWS Security Model, IAM (Identity Access Management), Security Groups, Network ACLs, Encryption, MFA (Multifactor Authentication)
- Experience with DevOps methodologies and cloud infrastructure automation tools Ansible.
- Experienced in Amazon EC2 setting up instances, Virtual Private Cloud (VPCs), and Security groups.
- Experience in using Version Control Tools GitHub, Bitbucket & AWS Code commit.
- Experienced in Administration of Production, Development and Test environment’s carrying Windows, Ubuntu, Red Hat Linux, SUSE Linux, Centos and Solaris servers.
- Strong hands on experience with scripting languages like Python, Powershell and shell scripting.
- Experienced in working on DevOps/Agile operations process and tools area (Code review, unit test automation, Build & Release automation, Environment, Service, Incident and Change Management).
- Application Deployments & Environment configuration using Puppet and Ansible.
Confidential, Dublin, OH
- Currently working in the Cloud migrations team to move infrastructure from datacenter to AWS/GCP.
- Worked in Cloud operations for 6 months where responsibilities included resolving the service now tickets received from application team and worked on different project for automation and deployments.
- Involved in application troubleshooting post migration.
- Create changes controls by building T - minus for pre and post deployment.
- Currently using Velostrata for migrating VM’s from on-prem to Cloud.
- Worked for the application team in doing orchestration using Ansible.
- Automated application deployments using Ansible.
- Comfortable in deploying the infrastructure AWS Cloud formation and GCP Deployment manager.
- Currently using Ansible to accomplish post migration deployments which includes the installation of Tanium and stackdriver.
- Involved in Sprint planning, doing the discovery work before migration and preparing the VM for a smoother migration.
- Comfortable using GCP console and gcloud shell.
- Comfortable using Velostrata through GUI and also through powershell.
- Created Velostata runbooks for a smoother migrations.
- Created multi AZ VPC instances.
- Created Roles in AWS for a successful IAM authentication.
- Used JIRA and service as ticketing tool.
- Deployed resources in GCP using the google deplpyment manager and update incase of modifications.
- Installed monitoring agents to activate monitoring using Solarwinds, Stackdriver and New relic.
Confidential - Houston, TX
- Created the automated build and deployment process for application, re-engineering setup for better user experience, and leading up to building a continuous integration system for all our products.
- Created and maintained playbooks in Ansible for continuous deployment of resource in site/paging and production environment.
- Designing and implementing fully automated server build management, monitoring and deployment by using technologies like Chef and Ansible.
- Automated the cloud deployments using Ansible, Python (Boto & Fabric) and AWS Cloud Formation Templates.
- Used IAM to create new accounts, roles and groups.
- Configured S3 versioning and lifecycle policies to and backup files and archive files in Glacier.
- Configured Elastic Load Balancers (ELB) with EC2 Auto scaling groups.
- Created triggers, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using CloudWatch.
- Worked on CloudFormation to write the templates on AWS.
- Worked on Terraform modules to manage AWS infrastructure.
- Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups, Optimized volumes and EC2 instances.
- Used JIRA as ticketing tool.
Confidential - Milwaukee, WI
Cloud & Automation Engineer
- Working with DevOps team on areas related to Ansible for Cloud Automation.
- Developed build and deploy scripts using Python and UNIX for various products to be hosted on Application Servers.
- Implemented rapid-provisioning and life-cycle management for Ubuntu Linux using Amazon EC2, and custom Bash scripts.
- Developed automation framework for Application Deployments to the cloud environments.
- Managed and optimize the Continuous Delivery tools like Jenkins.
- Installed, Configured, Administer Jenkins Continuous Integration Tool.
- Configured Ansible to manage AWS environments and automate the build process for core AMIs used by all application deployments including Autoscaling, and Cloudformation scripts.
- Application Deployments & Environment configuration using Ansible.
- Experience on writing playbooks for Ansible and deploying applications using Ansible
- Worked with JIRA for issue tracking and monitoring.
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet Dashboard, and PuppetDB for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Analyse and resolve conflicts related to merging of source code for Github .
- Experience writing Shell and Python scripts to automate the deployments.
- Ability to build deployment, build scripts and automated solutions using Ansible.
- Integration of Automated Build with Deployment Pipeline. Currently installed Chef Server and clients to pick up the Build from Jenkins repository and deploy in target environments (Integration, QA, and Production).
- Im ple m e nt ed and build ing to o ls such as Ant/Maven and Gradle in o rde r to aut o m at e and e nhance the overall o pe rati o nal e n v ir o nm e nt.
- Supported 2000+ AWS Cloud instance’s and familiar with Amazon Cloud command line management.
- Maintaining a farm of EC2 instances, ELB’s and RDS.
- Involved in server automation using Puppet for Linux and Solaris servers.
- Experience supporting Puppet environment with 500+ servers and involved in developing manifests.
- Primary duties include Build and Deployment of the java applications onto different environments like Dev, QA, UAT and Prod.
Build & Release Engineer / Sr Linux Admin
- Experienced in Installing, Upgrading, Patching, Configuring and Administrating Red Hat Linux (RHEL).
- Written modules to install and configure Apache, Tomcat and JDK.
- Install and configure Apache, Nginx, Drupal, and WordPress on Ubuntu and Amazon Linux instances.
- Setup of build scripts, systems and infrastructure to enable build and release process.
- Build C++ and Java files using ANT/MAVEN build tool.
- Managed nexus MAVEN repositories to download the artifacts during the build.
- Configured and managed the Plugin Management and User Management in Jenkins CI Tool.
- Used Jenkins to perform automated Builds and Deployments.
- Experience in managing Version Control Systems GIT and SVN.
- Designing, creating and maintaining GIT repositories to client specifications.
- Worked on Apache and Tomcat servers for hosting web apps.
- Created and maintained Subversion repositories, branches and tags.
- Branching and merging code lines in the Subversion and resolved all the conflicts rose during the merges.
- Hands on writing Shell scripts and Perl scripts for compilation of deployment processes.
- Communicating with all levels of engineering, management, and development, testing teams.
- Used Perl scripts for deployment code on multiple servers.
- Implemented ClearCase and Subversion branching and merging operations for Java Source Code.
- Performed regular builds and deployment of the packages for testing in different environments (DEV, QA, CERT, UAT and PROD).
- Configured the different (Hosted, Proxy and Virtual) repositories based on the requirements to share artifacts with in company.
- Created, deployed and managed Linux and windows VM using Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager, which includes moving and migrating VM from one cluster to another cluster or within the same cluster.
- Analyzed the Troubleshooting in QA, CERT, UAT and PROD environment issues and supported the Production issues.
- Involved in designing the user interfaces using JSP, Java Script, AJAX, CSS and HTML.
- Used TFS for version control of the code and configuration files.
- Builds and deploys J2EE application in Web Sphere.
- Involved in Redhat Linux patching using Repository servers and perform Linux kernel upgrade on x86 HW.
- Good knowledge in virtualization using VMWARE ESX 3.5, 4.0 for Redhat Linux and Solaris x 86 platforms.
- Created users, manage user permissions, maintain User & File System quota on Redhat Linux and Solaris.
- Installed and configured RedHat Linux Kickstart and Solaris jumpstart Servers .
- Experience with Linux/UNIX environments and scripting for Build & Release automation.
- Knowledge on Perl/Unix/Linux shell scripting. Knowledge of operating system, network, and compiler concepts.