- 7+ years of diverse experience in System administration in AIX, RHEL, Solaris and VMware along with Amazon Web Services Technologies.
- Certified as Amazon Web Services - Solutions Architect, Amazon Web Services - SysOps Administrator and IBM AIX System Administrator.
- Extensive experience in complete life cycle support of Linux/Unix Servers - Planning, Installation, Patching, Upgrades, Maintenance and Decommissioning servers.
- Performance monitoring and tuning by checking IO, Memory and Network utilizations using tools like Tivoli, Nagios and commands such as tcpdump, dstat, vmstat, iostat, SAR, etc.
- Experienced in automating tasks and writing scripts using Interpreted languages - Python and Shell scripting languages (bash/ksh).
- Experience with Storage Area Networks (SAN) and Network Attached Storage (NAS) and integrating them with servers for utilization.
- Developing procedures to unify, streamline and automate application development and deployment procedures with Linux container technology using Dockers.
- Integrated Dockers with Jenkins, Support containerization through Dockers.
- Installations, Upgrades, Patches, Migration, Trouble shooting on RHEL 4.x/5.x/6.x
- Experience with access control administration, file system mounting, load balancing, firewall policies and troubleshooting common Linux issues.
- Implement and support corporate disaster recovery plan and made recommendations regarding system and data recovery policies and procedures.
- Worked hand in hand with storage team for storage requirements for provisioning for builds and detaching for decommissions.
- Configured Networks using DNS, NIS, NFS, and FTP, troubleshooting network problems such as Subnetting, Routing, Firewall related on TCP/IP providing support for users in solving their problems.
- Install, configure, upgrade, troubleshoot and fine tune various software such as VERITAS volume manager, VERITAS cluster services, VERITAS file systems on Linux.
- Provide oversight and guidance for the architecture, development best practices for application hosting, and infrastructure deployment for each application.
- Automated startup and shutdown of environments with various AWS resources using CloudFormation with configuration management tools like Chef/Puppet
- Install, configure, manage and monitor Linux Operating systems on virtualized (VMware or Hyper-V), cloud infrastructure services (AWS) on Physical hosts.
- Support of Applications like Apache, Tomcat and Java based applications running on Linux machines for multiple clients.
- Experience in the implementation and operational support of all aspects of client’s virtualization infrastructure.
- Good exposure to Amazon Web Services (Amazon AWS ) functionalities like EC2, VPC, Auto Scaling, Elastic IP, IAM, ELB, Database, Storage, IGW, S3, Private Subnets, Public Subnets, Cloud Security.
- Initiating the flow of data to and from AWS and migrating existing applications to AWS.
- Selecting the appropriate AWS service based on data, compute, database, or security requirements.
- Designing and deploying scalable, highly available, and fault tolerant systems on AWS.
- Basic knowledge of Designing and configurations of Azure Virtual Networks (VNets), subnets, Azure network settings, DHCP address blocks, DNS settings, security policies and routing.
- Basic knowledge of Deploying Azure IaaS virtual machines (VMs) and Cloud services (PaaS role instances) into secure VNets and subnets.
Operating System: Windows 2008, RHEL, AIX, Solaris, hp-ux
RDBMS: Oracle 10/11g,12c, SAP Hana, Sybase, AWS RDS, Amazon RedshiftAmazon DyanmoDB
Replication: Veritas Replication, VVR, VVM, VCS, ASM
Cloud:: Amazon Web Services
Utilities & Tools: Putty, Winscp, sftp, Team Viewer, IBM Lotus Notes
Scripting/Languages: Shell Scripting, Python, AWS CLI
Hardware:: Dell, HP, Cisco UCS
Senior System Engineer
- Performing day to day activities of Linux Engineer/administrator.
- Troubleshoot, Maintain VMs and physical machines of Linux & HP UX.
- Build and deploy new Redhat Linux 6 & 7 version for SAP, Oracle And other in-house applications.
- Extensively working with SAP team to setup HANA database and other SAP related applications.
- Setup and configured new server’s for oracle databases, standalones & RACs.
- Configure setup and troubleshooting ASM disks for Oracle databases.
- Setup, configure and troubleshoot ASM udev rules and ASMLib on oracle server’s.
- TOMCAT & Apache installations for Oracle, ePro, nextgen and SAP application teams on Linux Servers.
- Configured & Setup Servers on Nagios & cacti for vCPU and Memory monitoring of the Bare metal and VM servers.
- Created new services and host groups for servers in Nagios & cacti.
- Deployed bare metal servers on Cisco UCS c240-M3 and M4 hardware for Hadoop databases and application servers.
- Helped Hadoop team in installing configuring different Hadoop related services for HDP and HDF with the help of Horton works vendor on servers.
- Created and configured SFTP jailed user accounts on Linux Servers as per CSL security policies.
- Decommissioning of bare metals and VM’s for Red Hat and hp-ux.
- Creation of DNS, allocation of IPs & carving of VM’s in VMWare for new builds.
- Proposed and initiated patch management with app owners to apply patches every quarterly.
- Setup and configured with Network team in allocation of new VLANS to ESX hosts.
- Configured and setup satellite server to register Redhat linux 6.x and 7.x servers for both physical and virtual machines.
- Created Global templates in VMWare for automating builds and deployments of servers, deployed more than 100 server’s for SAP using template.
- Automated the rsyslog management across all our infrastructure using bash script and successfully completed the task for more than 600+ servers.
- Built and setup puppet master server and other server’s as client.
- Built security server’s and worked with security team to move logs using rsyslog management.
- Created service accounts, local accounts and sudo accounts for user’s in LDAP as per requirement.
- Management of isilon shares by providing access to server’s by adding in nfs export lists for Redhat Linux and hp-ux.
- Installing simpana agent on server’s and setup back up’s on commvault.
- Monitor the ticket queue on ITSM for Incidents and SR’s and assign tickets to self and team for action.
- Familiarity with event-driven programming in Python.
- Created Python scripts to edit alias names in server’s for alerts.
- Help tune performance and ensure high availability Redhat Linux on bare metals and VM’s
- Design and develop infrastructure monitoring and reporting tools.
- Developed and maintain configuration management solutions using Puppet.
- Developed test automation frameworks in collaboration with rest of the team.
- Implemented ITIL best practices to have support of infrastructure 24/7
- Created instances on AWS as part POC.
- Migrated servers from VMWare to AWS.
- Configured LDAP and created user’s and groups for authentications and authorizations.
- Migrated VMs from ESX 5.5 to 6.0.
- Performed daily L1 and L2 engineering activities to support Unix environment.
Senior System Administrator
- Setup AWS environment with VPC, EC2, IAM, IGW, ELB, S3 and Glacier.
- Implemented Object Lifecycle Management by setting up rules to move archive data from S3 to Glacier.
- Involved in designing highly available, cost efficient, fault tolerant, scalable systems.
- Created Private subnets and Public subnets as a part of migrating applications on cloud.
- Created EC2 instances and auto scaling groups for deploying applications.
- Worked on implementing different S3 storage tiers for achieving High Durability and High Availability.
- Involved in maintaining Security of customer data during migration using encryption.
- Worked on infrastructure codify tools like AWS Cloud Formation with configuration management tools like Chef/Puppet.
- Managed the configurations of the instances using Chef. Modified various Cookbooks/ Recipes as required.
- Performed application server and storage builds in EC2 environment and monitoring them using cloud watch.
- Creating Private networks and sub-networks and bringing instances under them based on the requirement.
- Performed major data transfers using using snowball by creating job in AWS
- Creating Security groups for both individual instances and for group of instances under a network.
- Used Amazon RD and, MySQL to perform basic database administration.
- Configured cloudwatch to monitor the metric log files, EC2 Instances, and set alarms,
- Launching Amazon EC2 Cloud Instances using Amazon Images (Linux/Ubuntu) and configuring launched instances with respect to specific applications.
- Creating snapshots and amazon machine images (AMIs) of the instances for backup and creating clone instances.
- Setting up scalability for application servers using CLI interface for Setting up and administering DNS system in AWS usingRoute53 Managing users and groups using the amazon identity and access management (IAM).
- Maintaining 4-5 Different Testing/QA Environments and erection of the PROD Environment in AWS
- Utilize AWS CLI to automate backups of ephemeral data-stores to S3 buckets, EBS. RedHat Linux
- Patches, user administration, hardware failure, monitoring log files,backup, software upgradation, configuration changes and documentation
- Responsible to create and manage new systems utilizing dedicated hardware, VMWare, or external service providers (AWS).
- Configuring JumpStart and Kick Start servers to initiate installation of Solaris and Red Hat Linux on several machines at once.
- Installation and Administration of Solaris 9 and 10(SPARC/x86), RHEL 5.6, 5.9 and 6.5
- Install and Administer issues related to Veritas (like VXVM, VCS, VVR).
- Assisting the PMs and PgMs in Linux server builds by Installing OS and post installation tasks on simple or complicated server configurations.
- Installation, Configuration and Maintenance of Web Servers, Application Servers and Databases.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of Oracle Database Administration, supported database configurations implemented using Data Guard and RAC.
- Decommissions and de-certifications of Linux, Solaris, and AIX physical and virtual servers.
- End to End tasks involving migrations of Physical to Virtual (P2V) and Virtual to Physical (V2P).
- Allocating and removing DNS entries of IPs and host names for builds and decertifications.
- Responsible for troubleshooting connectivity issues among various servers.
- Managing users, groups and roles using ForgeRock OpenIDM and IAM.
- Configured Networks using DNS, NIS, NFS, and FTP, troubleshooting network problems such as Subnetting, Routing, Firewall related to TCP/IP.
- Setting up RAID levels on Sun Storage Equipments using VERITAS Volume Manager and Solstice Disk suite on new/existing production/development systems for reliability, fault tolerance, and availability.
Senior System Administrator
- Monitoring the servers using MCP tool.
- Installing packages to servers.
- Configured and maintained NIS, NFS, and DNS client.
- Performed system startup and shutdown
- Installation and configuration of Veritas Volume Manager, VERITAS File System and Veritas Cluster Server
- Ensured appropriate user service level is maintained.
- Monitored Console error messages
- Backing up and restoring files across the network
- Responsible for Connectivity Issues among various Servers
- Worked with installation and configuration of Veritas Volume Manager 4.0
- Responsible for Installation of various software components on several servers
- Troubleshooter console error messages
- Provided support for local and remote users
- Performed scheduled incremental backups using “ufsdump” and recovered and rolled over backups.
- Maintained machine logs to record use of system using Service Center
- Troubleshooting Backup and Restore problems
- Constant Monitoring of System Performance. Involved in Day-to-Day trouble shooting for the end users on Solaris based applications
- Handling Connect: Direct problems in UNIX and Windows servers.
- Working on BMC Remedy AOTS tickets and handling the alerts.
- Setting the customer schema, customer profile management, and the application integration patterns to the IAM solution.
- Installation, Configuration and Maintenance of Web Servers, Application Servers and Database Servers on Sun Solaris
- Setting up RAID levels on Sun Storage Equipments using VERITAS Volume Manager and Solstice Disk suite on new/existing production/development systems for reliability, fault tolerance, and availability
- Build, install, configure and maintain VMware products including ESXi servers, HA clusters and Virtual Center
- Documented the best practices for server infrastructure, virtualization, and cloud computing
- Creating Test environment in AWS for Application Testing for apache and Mysql Database
- Monitoring systems for performance and take remedial actions as necessary to ensure ongoing system availability
- Maintained infrastructure governance and data security through user access controls and permissions
- Implement and support the corporate Disaster Recovery Plan and make recommendations regarding system and data recovery policies and procedures
- Maintained general system health and software updates in a proactive and timely manner
- Dispatching the incidents amongst the team members by evaluating and understanding the issue
- Creating changes and getting approvals for installing packages on server’s
- Update records on tools of server’s health check and remediations.
- Perform day to day process administration
- Creating groups, user’s and assigning permissions
- Installation, configuration and service of NTP client
- Configuration of FTP server
- Disk partition, creation and management, formatting, problem resolution.
- Worked on procedures to unify, streamline and automate application development and deployment procedures with Linux container technology using Dockers.
- Worked on different types of filesystems like ext4,vxfs,zfs, jfs, jfs2
- Worked as a L1 and L2 level support for 24/7 support environment.
- Manage problem and service tickets ensuring timely resolution to meet Service Level Agreements
- Follow established Enterprise change management procedures
- Raise Host names and IP addresses for new built servers and IP removals for Decomms.
- Work with MQ, Webhost, Oracle, Direct Connect teams to decomm respective components.
- Perform server shutdowns and alerta pp owners about server decomm
- Have worked on DNS management such as checking of free IP by ping test, nslookup, ypcat, svcat, alias, PRecord, Arecord, IPAM, switch management, assgning of IPs to multiple hosts and vice versa.