- With 11+ years of professional experience in IT industry comprising of Linux Administration, Build and Release, DevOps and AWS Cloud Services that includes principles with keeping up Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery and Continuous Deployment in various environments like (DEV/TEST/STAGE and PROD).
- Experience in AWS Cloud IaaS stage with components VPC, ELB, Auto - Scaling, EBS, AMI, EMR, Kinesis, Lambda, Cloud Formation template, Cloud Front, CloudTrail, ELK Stack, Elastic Beanstalk, CloudWatch and DynamoDB
- Experience in maintaining the user accounts (IAM), RDS, Route53, VPC, RDS, Dynamo DB and SNS services in AWS cloud
- Involved in designing and deploying multitude applications utilizing almost all the AWS stack (Including EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, Maria DB, SNS, SQS, IAM) focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and Auto scaling in AWS CloudFormation
- Designed AWS CloudFormation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates
- Hands on experience in S3 buckets and managed policies for S3 buckets and utilized S3 Buckets and Glacier for storage, backup and archived in AWS and in setting up and maintenance of Auto-Scaling AWS stacks.
- Expertise in creating functions and assigning roles in AWS Lambda to run python scripts. Expertise in testing and automation tools like Selenium, Junit Framework and Cucumber.
- Designed high availability environment for Application servers and database servers on EC2 by using ELB and Auto-scaling. Installed application on AWS EC2 instances and configured the storage on S3 buckets
- Experience in Branching, Merging, Tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like GIT, Bitbucket and Subversion (SVN) on windows and Linux platforms
- Expertise in developing build and deployment scripts using Maven (pom.xml) as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments
- Extensively worked on Jenkins for continuous integration and for End to End automation for all build and deployments.
- Worked in DevOps group running Jenkins in a Docker container with EC2 slaves in Amazon AWS Cloud configuration. Also, gain familiarity with surrounding technologies such as Mesos (Mesosphere) and Kubernetes
- Hands on in using Bamboo modules such as BuildCompleteAction, BuildPlanDefinition, and Administration configuration. Involved in Provisioning AWS Infrastructure using Terraform scripts from Jenkins.
- Instrumented APM tools such as AppDynamics and Dynatrace to diagnose performance bottlenecks.
- Extensive hands on experience with recipes, cookbooks for applying across multiple nodes with chef with templates, roles, knife plugins, chef supermarket and deploying nodes in production environment.
- Experience in Writing Chef Cookbooks and Recipes to automate our build/deployment process and do an overall process improvement to any manual processes.
- Experience with infrastructure automation tool - Terraform. Implement Infrastructure as Code utilizing Terraform for AWS resource provisioning and management.
- Proficient in Writing Terraform templates, Chef Cookbooks, recipes and pushed them onto Chef Server for configuring EC2 Instances.
- Skilled in monitoring servers using Nagios, Data dog, Cloud watch and using ELK Stack Elastic Search Logstash.
- Configured the ELK stack for monitoring the Openstack environment- Monasca. Configured the ELK stack for Jenkins logs, and syslog's and network packets using the beats plugins like Filebeat, Metricbeat and Packetbeat.
- Analyzing in working with Ansible, wrote many playbooks to manage Web applications, Environments configuration Files, Users, Mount points and Packages.
- Experience in writing Ansible Playbooks and Puppet Manifests to provision Apache Web servers, Tomcat servers, Nginx, Apache Spark and other applications.
- Expert in Chef/Puppet as Configuration management tool, to automate the repetitive tasks, quickly deploy critical applications, and enthusiastically managed the changes.
- Experienced in keeping up and looking at log archives using monitoring tools like Nagios, Splunk, CloudWatch, ELK Stack, New Relic and App Dynamics.
- Experience in working with cluster management and orchestration features embedded in Docker Engine which is built using Swarm Kit and worked on creation of custom Docker container images, tagging, pushing the images and Dockers consoles for managing the application of life cycle.
- Extensively used Docker/Kubernetes for containerization, virtualization, Ship, Run and Deploy the application securely to fasten Build/Release Engineering.
- Excellent knowledge of Linux including CentOS, RedHat, Ubuntu, Debian, configuration and administration of Red Hat Virtual machines in VMware Environment.
- Working Knowledge on databases like MySQL, RDS, DynamoDB and MongoDB. Experienced in Administration, Support, Performance Tuning, Migration and Maintenance of Servers.
Operating Systems: Linux (RedHat, Ubuntu, CentOS), Windows, MAC
Build/Automation Tools: Jenkins, Maven, Ant, Bamboo, Team city, Build Forge, Gradle, TFS, MS Build, UDeploy
Configuration Management Tools: Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Salt Stack
Cloud Technologies: AWS, Open stack, Azure
Scripting Languages: Shell, Bash, Perl, Python, Groovy, .Net, PowerShell.
Database System: MySQL, IBM DB2, Dynamo DB, Mongo DB, Cassandra.
Web/App Server: Apache, IIS, HIS, Tomcat, WebSphere Application Server, WebLogic, Jboss
Version Control Tools: GIT, Subversion, Bit Bucket, CVS.
Web Technologies: Servlets, JDBC, JSP, XML, HTML, YAML, Swagger Tool.
Virtualization Tools: VMWare, Power VM, Virtual box, V Centre, vSphere, WebLogic.
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Cloud Watch, Splunk, ELK, App Dynamics.
Confidential, St. Louise, MO
Sr DevOps/Cloud Engineer
- Setup and build AWS infrastructure various resources VPC, EC2, S3, IAM, EBS, Security Group, Auto Scaling, EMR and RDS in Cloud Formation templates, Amazon ECR.
- Implemented several Continuous Delivery Pipelines for different products using Jenkins, Go-CD and Bamboo. Set up build pipelines in Jenkins by using various plugins like Maven plugin, EC2 plugin, Docker, Terraform, JDK etc.
- Built and Implemented collaborative development environment using GIT, GitHub and Integrated it with Jenkins. Set up Jenkins master and added the necessary plugins and adding more slaves to support scalability and Agility.Experience with build tools Ant and Maven for writing build.xmls and pom.xmls respectively.
- Created and maintained various DevOps related tools for the team such as provisioning scripts, deployment Tools and staged virtual environments using Docker and Vagrant.
- Responsible for ensuring Continuous Delivery/Continuous Integration across all environments from UAT/TEST to Pre-Production and Production using Jenkins and TeamCity, Concourse.
- Configured and worked on static code quality and coverage tools like SonarQube. Onboard numerous applications into SonarQube and help maintain the SonarQube installation.
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Created custom monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using Cloud Watch. Configured and administered GitHub Enterprise in AWS with High Availability(HA) enabled and handled. Maintained branches/forks in GitHub version control for the changes made in cookbooks as per release
- Extensively used Docker for virtualization, Ship, Run and Deploy the application securely to fasten Build/Release Engineering. Worked on Docker and Vagrant for different infrastructure setup and testing of code.
- Hands-on Experience in the design, implementation, and support of automated containerized infrastructure (Docker), leveraging continuous integration and continuous delivery processes for service development, and Cluster/monitoring/ for infrastructure service deployment and administration. Evaluated Kubernetes for Docker container orchestration.
- Used Maven dependency management system to deploy snapshot releases and release artifacts to nexus to share artifacts across the projects. Used Build tools like maven for building and deploying artifacts such as WAR from source code. Setup Custom Service, job Scheduler, and set repetitions options using Playbooks in Ansible.
- Performed Health checks for applications before moving to production. Configured and managed Jenkins and Deploy for continuous Integration and end to end automation for all the build and deployments.
- Created and maintained build related scripts developed in ANT and Python and worked with development team to migrate Ant scripts to Maven. Rolled out Ansible automation and wrote playbooks and plays to update configurations of network services.
- Created S3 backups using versioning enable and moved objects to Amazon Glacier for archiving purpose. Participated in weekly release meetings with Technology stakeholders, identify and mitigate potential risks associated with the releases.
- Developed test scripts using groovy for data driven testing of SOAP and REST Web service using SOAP UI. Experience on Groovy Scripts for Web Service API Testing. Experience testing security products a plus.
- Coordinated with engineering and product teams in identification of customer requirements for new products and policies.Supported customers in optimization and improvement of existing features of all API applications.
- Implemented procedures for designing and development of new features for assigned applications. Resolved technical problems relating to API application by identification and fixing bugs.
- Installed, configured and managed the ELK (Elastic Search, Log stash and Kibana) for Log management within EC2 / Elastic Load balancer for Elastic Search. Worked with Log stashto visualize key Open stack environment log metrics on Kibana (ELK).
- Installation and configuration of LAMP stack for clients. Automated the process of creating Grafana dashboards for monitoring Keystone data source.Installed and configured Grafana dashboard to display keystone data logs.
- Have built Elastic search, Log stash and Kibana (ELK) for centralized logging and then store logs and metrics into S3 bucket using Lambda function for more than 2 weeks.
- Collection of Build metrics and its Test case metrics from Jenkins to show case as visualization in Kibana dashboard using ELK.Skilled in monitoring servers using Nagios, Data dog, Cloud watch and using ELK Stack Elastic Search Log stash.
- Configured the ELK stack for monitoring the Open stack environment- Monasca. Configured the ELK stack for Jenkins logs, and syslog's and network packets using the beats plugins like File beat, Metric beat and Packet beat.
- Experience in automating Application Server Tomcat, JBOSS and WebLogic using Ansible. Experience in Automating Microsoft SQL server 2014 using PowerShell on Windows Machine 2012 R2.
- Wrote automation scripts using PowerShell and automating the process and also creating cron jobs for the smooth running of the process.
- Perform Upgrades for Team Foundation Server and help migrate to Team Services Experience providing Continuous Integration/Delivery solutions (Jenkins, Maven and UDeploy)
- Documented Rest API using Swagger Tool. Implemented, Developed and Deployed Java Micro services on aws cloud.
- Creating the build definitions for various applications using MS Build. Installed MS Build extension pack and Team Foundation Power Tools.Implemented Team Foundation Server TFS as Version Management for Microsoft Technologies.
- Experience in automation AWS environment using Terraform.Configured AWS Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) and Database Subnet Group for isolation of resources within the Amazon RDS MySQL DB cluster, AWS-Dynamo DB and AWS-RedShift.
- Used AWS Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with Java, PHP, Node.js, Python, Ruby, and Docker on familiar servers such as Apache, and IIS.
Environment: AWS, Micro services, GitHub, Ansible, Jenkins, Tomcat, Python, Maven, Linux, Docker, Vagrant, Kubernetes, SonarQube, Jboss, WebLogic, Team city, GitHub, JIRA, RPM, KANBAN,LAMP stack, Elastic Search, Log stash, Splunk, AWS RedShift, Oracle, MS BUILD, TFS, Concourse, Circle CI, Groovy.
Cloud DevOps Engineer
Confidential, Pataskala, Ohio
- Working as Cloud Administrator on Microsoft Azure, involved in configuring virtual machines, storage accounts, resource groups.Worked on deploying SQL database to Virtual Machines involving Azure Tables for non-relational data.
- Hands on experience on Azure VPN-Point to Site, Virtual Networks, Azure Custom security, Endpoint Security, firewall, Windows Azure name resolution, Scheduler, Automation and Traffic Manager. Building and Installing servers through Azure Resource Manager Templates (ARM)
- Configured Azure Multi-Factor Authentication as a part of Azure AD Premium to securely authenticate users. Designed User Defined Routes with custom route tables for specific cases to force tunneling to the Internet via On-premise network and control use of virtual appliances in the customer's Azure environment.
- Experienced in configuring Cloud platform such as Virtual Networks Multi-site, Cross-site, VMs, Azure AD, Load Balancers, Cloud Services, etc. Design, install, administer, and optimize hybrid cloud components to ensure business continuity (i.e. Azure AD, ADFS, SSO & VPN Gateways). Deployed Azure IaaS virtual machines and Cloud services (PaaS role instances) into secure VNets and subnets.
- Experienced Cloud and DevOps engineer in Automating, Configuring and deploying instances on AWS, AZURE Cloud environments and Data centers. Involved in High Availability and secure multi AZ AWS cloud infrastructure using Chef with AWS cloud Formation and Jenkins for continuous Integration.
- Utilized Cloud Watch to monitor resources such as EC2, CPU memory, Amazon RDS DB services, DynamoDB tables, EBS volumes; to set alarms for notification or automated actions; and to monitor logs for a better understanding and operation of the system.
- Expert in Cloud Technologies like Amazon Web Services (AWS) VPC, EC2, Cloud formation, S3, IAM, RDS, Route 53, Cloud Watch, Dynamo DB and Elastic cache.
- Experienced in installation, configuration and deploying applications on Jboss EAP 5.x/ 6.0/6.2.2/6.4 and WebSphere application servers 6.1/7.0/8.5.5. Integrating the JBOSS with Apache-tomcat server and production environments with baseline performance settings for Internet and Intranet Applications.
- Maintained high availability clustered and standalone server environments and refined automation components with scripting and configuration management (Ansible) and experienced in writing Ansible scripts
- Experience in managing Ansible Playbooks with Ansible roles, group variables and inventory files and copy and remove files on remote systems using file module.
- Hands-on experience on Ansible and Ansible Tower as Configuration management tool, to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploys critical applications, and proactively manages change
- Expertise with configuration management automation tool Ansible and has worked on integrating Ansible. Participated in configuring and monitoring distributed and multiple platform servers using Puppet.
- Created and updated Puppet manifests and modules, files, and packages stored in the GIT repository. Experience with container-based deployments using Docker, working with Docker images, Docker Hub and Docker-registries and Kubernetes
- Experience with VSTS and TFS for code deployments, merges, and rebases.Created ARM templates in Azure/VSTS for environment setups.Successfully migrated code from Visual Studio to Git in VSTS.
- Excellent working knowledge in configuring multiple WebLogic domains including machines, manage servers and cluster environments Extensively worked on Hudson, Jenkins, Bamboo, Build Forge for continuous integration (CI) and for End-to-End automation for all build and deployments
- Configuring various jobs in Jenkins & Hudson for deployment of Java based applications and running test suites. Installed and configured Hudson/Jenkins for Automating Deployments and providing an automation solution.
- Integrated Subversion into Hudson/Jenkins to automate the code check-out process. Created the ANT scripts and extension of existing ANT scripts for deployment of applications to HUDSON.
- Maintained build related scripts developed in shell for Maven builds. Created and modified build configuration files including POM.xml
- Valuable experience in converting build.xml into pom.xml to build the applications using MAVEN. Performed backup and administration activities for SVN/GIT branching, merging, tagging. Assisted developers with establishing and applying branching, labeling conventions using GIT source control
- Create automation and deployment templates for relational and NoSQL databases including MySQL, Cassandra and MongoDB in AWS. Managing Cluster nodes for Physical issues and escalating issues to respective vendors.
- Involved in design, configuration, installation, implementation, management, maintain and support for the corporate Linux servers RHEL, CENTOS, Ubuntu. Setup a Jumpstart/Flash and Kickstart servers for provisioning of servers with different profiles.
Environment: Azure, AWS, OpenStack, Docker, Jenkins, Maven, Git, Linux(RedHat, CentOS, Ubuntu),Jboss, Ansible, Kubernetes, Bamboo.
AWS DevOps Engineer
Confidential - Ashburn, VA
- Architected and configured hosting infrastructure in AWS, this includes configuration of Hybrid cloud environment, connecting on Premise data center to AWS VPC's using Redundant AWS direct connect
- Developed CloudFormation scripts to build, change and version infrastructure as code using AWS as provider and launch multi-tiered stack to be provisioned and configured with the scripts
- Expertise in Configuring and networking of Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Writing Cloud Formation templates and deploying AWS resources using it
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates
- DevOps role converting existing AWS infrastructure to Server-less architecture (AWS Lambda, Kinesis) deployed via AWS CloudFormation template and terraform
- Integration with Splunk for API traffic monitoring and health checks Installed and configured an automated tool Puppet that included the installation and configuration of the Puppet master, agent nodes and an admin control workstation
- Used Puppet server and workstation to manage and configure nodes, virtual instances and disks
- Experience in writing Puppet manifests to automate configuration of a broad range of services
- Automated Linux production server's setup using Puppet scripts. Used these scripts to replicate production build environments on a local dev boxes using Vagrant and Virtual Box.
- Implemented Infrastructure automation through Ansible for auto provisioning, code deployments, software installation and configuration updates.
- Virtualized the servers on AWS using the Docker, create the Docker files and version control to achieve Continuous Delivery goal on high scalable environment, used Docker coupled with load-balancing tool Nginx
- Implemented a production ready, load balanced, highly available, fault tolerant, auto scaling Kubernetes AWS infrastructure and microservice container orchestration
- Integrated Notification Condition Module with Atlassian Bamboo to add new notification condition.
- Configured Administration Configuration for storing Atlassian Bamboo's system-wide properties such as the default URL, instance name, global variables and System Properties.
- Configured BuildPlan Definition interface to encapsulate all information required to execute a Bamboo build plan.
- Installed Apache Ant build tool and specified dependency jars in Apache Ant path required for running Apache Ant build process.
- Defined Apache Ant targets, tasks such as Archive tasks, file tasks and properties in the project for performing build process.
- Monitored Apache Ant build process using Apache Ant Listeners such as Log4JListener and Apache Ant Loggers such as Default Logger, Mail Logger.
- Updating the SVN log properties for revisions. Setting up the SVN synchronizes servers, changed rev properties for SVN sync.
- Analyze and resolve conflicts related to merging of source code for SVN.Worked on Nginx webserver and maintained access logs, error logs and maintained different hosts.
- Imported and managed multiple corporate applications into SVN Provided end-users training for all SVN, JIRA users to effectively use the tool.
Environment: AWS, OpenStack, Puppet, Kubernetes, Docker, Bamboo, ANT, SVN, Nginx, JIRA
Build & Release Engineer
Confidential - Boston, MA
- Extensively worked on Hudson, Jenkins and Anthill Pro for continuous integration (CI) and for End-to-End automation for all build and deployments.
- Built end to end CI/CD Pipelines in Jenkins to retrieve code, compile applications, perform tests and push build artifacts to Nexus Artifact.
- Experience in setting up Upstream and Downstream Jobs Jenkins and Hudson. Worked with Jenkins Pipelines.
- Defined branching, labeling, and merge strategies for all applications in Git. Worked on version control tool GIT to assist developers and programmers in branching, merging and revert code.
- Maintenance of documented modules, manifests, Hiera configurations and Git repositories for Puppet Enterprise on RHEL platforms. DNS, LDAP, NFS, NIS configured and administered in RHEL.
- Developed Puppet Modules for installation & Auto healing of various tools like Jenkins, Nolio agents, MYSQL, SonarQube, Nexus etc. these modules are designed to work on Linux platforms.
- Implemented continuous integration web hooks and workflows around Jenkins to automate the dev test deploy workflow around Puppet codebase
- Worked on Puppet extensively for deployment for servers, creating on custom scripts and managing changes through Puppet master server on its clients
- Built and managed a highly available monitoring infrastructure to monitor different application servers and its components using Nagios with Puppet automation.
- Using Nagios for monitoring network/infrastructure and alerting for web applications and services. Experience in monitoring of servers using monitoring tools Nagios BladeLogic.
- Maintained build related scripts developed in ANT and Shell. Modified build configuration files including ANT build.xml. Participated in migration from ANT to Maven for all development teams within the company.
- Analyzed the ANT build projects for conversion and converting to Maven Involved in building and configuring Red Hat Linux Servers using Kickstart server as required for the project. Installed, upgraded & configured RHEL 4.x using Kickstart and Jumpstart Installation respectively.
- Configured Printers, Print Server and Print Clients using commands like lp, lpstat, lpadmin, lpfilter&GUI. Deployed Portlets manually using Admin Console.
- Managed disk operations, disk group operations, volume operations and volume configurations using vxdisk, vxdg, vxassist, vxmake and vxvol in VERITAS Volume Manager.
- Good knowledge of Hummingbird connectivity V7.1 to Administer and Manage Network Applications and Services like NFS. Configured Kickstart servers and booted the images using PXE in Red Hat Linux and used RedHat Satellite server extensively.
Environment: Jenkins, GIT, SVN, Splunk, Linux, Chef, ANT, Maven, RHEL 6.x, CentOS, Ubuntu, Solaris, AIX, VMware, New relic, weblogic 9.0/8.1, Logical Volume Manager.
- Installation of Red Hat Linux based servers using Kickstart in development, test and production environments.
- Configured and deployed patches, upgrades, bug fixes on both physical and virtual Red Hat Linux servers using satellite servers for red hat 6 and 7.
- Expert in Red hat Linux backup/restore with tar including disk partitioning and formatting. Worked on Apache and Jboss Including installation, configuration, management and troubleshooting.
- KVM guest creation and management on physical servers in RHEL 5/6. Taking backups of running KVM guest servers using LVM Snapshot. Created RPM packages for Jboss and Apache installations using rpm build tool.
- Writing shell and Perl script for application log rotations and server post installation tasks.
- Developed Cron jobs and Shell Scripts (Shell, Python) for automating administration tasks like file system management, process management, backup and restore.
- Expert in package management using Red Hat RPM, YUM used in several Linux distributions such as Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- Expert in Installation, Configuration of Package and Patch Management. Expert in extracting fields from the Splunk events. Experienced in providing technical services to projects, user requests and data queries.
- Maintained and managed assigned systems, Splunk related issues and administrators. Monitored of space availability on each file system using the Shell Scripts. Configured new service group and resources for new application in Veritas Cluster Servers.
- Environment, Command line, Current working directory, root directory, executed command. Remoted Desktop Monitoring using Microsoft Terminal Services/Client.
- Interacted with all the team members both in offshore as well as with the client in maintaining good customer relationships. Reconfigured RPM database using RPM Build and creating YUM repository in RedHat Linux.
- Experienced in RPM Package Administration for installing, upgrading, and checking dependencies.
Environment: Red-Hat Linux Enterprise servers, SAMBA, Python, Splunk, Veritas Cluster Server 5.0, Shell programming, Jboss.