- DevOps Engineer with 8 years of experience that includes Software Configuration Management (SCM), CI/CD process, Automation, Release Management and Cloud Computing for enterprise application.
- Proficient in DevOps culture through CI/CD tools like Repos, Jenkins, CodeDeploy, Code Pipeline, Maven, and configuration management tools like Chef, Ansible& Puppet. Had set up staging and production environments for CI workflow.
- Experience in working on multiple DevOps platforms like Linux and Windows.
- Experience with Source Code Management (SCM) tools like Subversion (SVN), GIT/ GITHUB.
- Good knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) Waterfall methodologies and Agile Models.
- Extensive experience with Build tools like Apache MAVEN and ANT.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins and UDeploy for CI/CD process for automation of all build and deployments.
- Experience with Nexus and Artifactory as a repository management tools.
- Experience with configuration management tools like Chef, Puppet and good knowledge on Ansible.
- Experience with Shell/Bash,Ruby scripting language and good understanding knowledge on Python.
- Experience with running web scale services like Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Experience in creating and maintaining EC2 Instances, Auto scaling groups, IAM user roles, policies, EC2 Container Service (ECS) and Elastic Load Balancers.
- Experience with administration, maintenance and operations of different Cloud resources and management services like Elastic Beanstalk, S3, EBS, Lambda, Cloud Front and Cloud formation templates.
- Experience in Supporting Staging and Production clusters in Kubernetes. Troubleshooting Kubernetes Infrastructure setup and supporting application teams to fix their applications issues.
- Experience with monitoring tools Nagios, ITO(HP OPENVIEW), Splunk, AWS Cloud watch, Cloud Trail and SNS services.
- Experience in creating and management of Subnets, Security groups, VPC and Route S3 used for multi region.
- Good command in working with Tracking Tools JIRA,SERVICE NOW and CA Rally.
- Experience with integrating Unit Tests and Code Quality Analysis, code coverage tools like JUnit, SonarQube and security scans like Fortify.
- Extensive experience with job scheduling tools like Rundeck and Mastero.
- Extensive experience working with EMC(Networker) for all backup jobs.
- Experience in understanding high level technical aspects to create and Implementing Release Plans.
- Involved in Incident Management, Change / Request Management and Release Management activities.
- Experience with Querying RDBMS such as MySQL and SQL Server by using SQL for data integrity.
- Experience with POWER BI for creating all the daily reports.
- Hands - on Experience of the J2EE Framework and its components as related to Java build, test, deployment and release management initiatives.
- Strong ability to troubleshoot any issues generated while building, deploying and in production support.
- Good Interpersonal Skills, team-working attitude, takes initiatives and very proactive in solving problems and providing best solutions.
Operating systems: Linux (Red Hat 5.x, 6.x, 7.x), Ubuntu, MAC OSX, UNIX, WINDOWS 2003/2007, 2008R2, 2012R2.
Version Control Tools: GIT, Clear Case, SVN, CVS, TFS
Languages: RUBY, SHELL/BASH, PYTHON.
Databases: My SQL, DB2, SQL Server, Mongodb.
Application Servers: TOMCAT, JBOSS, WEBLOGIC, WEBSPHERE.
CI Tools: Hudson, Jenkins, AnthillPro, Bamboo
Configuration: Puppet, chef, Ansible, Salt stack
Build Tools: MAVEN, ANT
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, splunk, ITO (HP OPENVIEW)
Bug Tracking tools: Service now, Jira.
Cloud: AWS, Microsoft Azure, Open stack, cloud foundry.
Virtualization: VMware, Virtual Box, Vagrant.
Sr. DevOps & AWS Engineer
- Documented and uploaded various best practices, how to do procedures and project related work in Confluence and linked them with the related JIRA tasks.
- Created and maintained continuous integration (CI) using tools Jenkins/Maven over different environments to facilitate an agile development process which is automated and repeatable enabling teams to safely deploy code many times a day while ensuring operational best practices are supported.
- Launching Amazon EC2 Cloud Instances using Amazon Web Services (Linux/ Redhat) and Configuring launched instances with respect to specific applications.
- Creating and launching AWS EC2 instances for Rundeck Machines.
- Implemented and maintained the monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers/storage using AWS Cloud watch.
- Managed network security using Load balancer, Auto-scaling, Security groups and NACL.
- Create, assess, update and maintain documentation pertaining to PCF platforms.
- Experience in migrating build.xml into pom.xml to build the applications using Apache MAVEN.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins CI/CD pipeline jobs for end-to-end automation to build, test and deliver artifacts and troubleshoot the build issue during the Jenkins build process.
- Experienced in migrate an On-premises Instances or Azure Classic Instances to Azure ARM Subscription with Azure Site Recovery.
- Experience in Python programming for deployment of Java applications and implementation and automation of Shell scripts for release and build automation.
- Create, assess, update and maintain documentation pertaining to PCF platforms.
- Experience in migrating build.xml into pom.xml to build the applications using Apache MAVEN
- Created Route tables to route the traffic to find whether it is public or private network.
- Strong use of Shell scripting languages including BASH for Linux.
- Utilized AWS CLI to automate backups of ephemeral data-stores to S3 buckets, EBS and create nightly AMIs for mission critical production servers as backups.
- Used Chef for configuration management of hosted Instances within AWS Configuring and Networking of Virtual Private Cloud (VPC).
- Responsible for build and deployment automation using AWS, Docker, Kubernetes containers and Chef.
- Automated the continuous integration and deployments using Jenkins, Docker, Ansible and AWS Cloud Templates.
- Developed container support for cloud environments and Docker. Deployed the applications in Docker containers and managed the containers in enterprise level
- Created Docker images using a Docker file, worked on Docker container snapshots, removing images and managing Docker volumes.
- Focused on containerization and immutable infrastructure. Docker has been core to this experience, along with Kubernetes. Experienced in using Docker Swarm and deployed spring boot applications.
- Created and implemented chef cookbooks for deployment and used Chef Recipes to create a Deployment directly into Amazon EC2 instances
- Developed Chef Cookbooks to manage system configuration and for Tomcat, MySQL, Windows applications and versioned them on GIT repositories and Chef Server
- Installed Red Hat Linux using kick start and applying security polices for hardening the server based on company's policies
- Created users, roles and groups using Identity Access Management (IAM) and attached the required policies.
E nvironment: Amazon Web Services, IAM, S3, EBS,Kubernetes,AWS SDK, Cloud Watch, Lamda,Cloud Formation, GitHub, Terraform, Docker, Ansible, Apache HTTPD, Apache Tomcat, JSON, Bash, Shell, Perl, SNS, SQS, AWS
Sr. DevOps Engineer
- Involved in DevOps automation processes for build and deploy systems for legacy and micro services projects.
- Migrated entire project repo stack from SVN to Git Stash.
- Implementing new projects builds framework using Jenkins & Maven as build framework tools.
- Implemented a CI/CD pipeline using Jenkins, Ansible, and Maven in Linux environment.
- Developed continuous delivery product release pipelines, using tools such as Rundeck, Jenkins, and enable release and operations automation using Ansible.
- Worked on micro services project- to build docker containers and deploy to Dev, Test, Scale, UAT (SIT), PROD.
- Implemented CI/CD for all the micro services of the OEM application using Jenkins, Maven and Ansible.
- Worked on Ansible playbooks, roles, include statements, vars, modules, check mode (dry run).
- Worked AWS stack - AMI management, auto scaling, Elastic Load balancing, Auto Scaling, Cloud watch, EBS, EC2, IAM, Route53, S3, VPC. EC2 container service, RDS, Cloud Formation.
- Deployed, scaled and managed AWS services using Ansible playbooks.
- Provisioned EC2 instances, configured auto scaling and defining cloud formation JSON templates using Ansible modules.
- Implemented docker-maven-plugin in maven pom to build docker images for all micro services and later used Dockerfile to build the docker images from the java jar files.
- Created Docker container using Docker images to test the application.
- Managed environments DEV, SIT, QA, UAT and PROD for various releases and designed instance strategies.
- Worked on Ansible playbooks to automate the installation of docker-engine, docker swarm cluster.
- Worked on Splunk logging driver to send the container logs to http event collector in Splunk Enterprise.
- Worked on git2consul to mirror a configuration file sitting in git repo to Consul KV store and to make this config file available to docker containers during deployment.
- Worked on Zero-touch deployment of Ubuntu, RHEL servers and open-source IP address Management (IPAM).
- Worked on server management tool Landscape to deploy, monitor and manage Ubuntu servers.
- Worked on Gitlab CI runner for the infrastructure provisioning on micro services project.
Environment: Subversion, GIT STASH, Jenkins, Gitlab CI runner, ANSIBLE, JIRA, Maven, AWS, Python, Ruby, UNIX, Shell Scripting, Docker Swarm, ELK, Mesos/Marathon, Zabbix, Splunk.
Build and Release Engineer
- As member of Release Engineering group, redefined processes and implemented tools for software builds, patch creation, source control, and release tracking and reporting, on UNIX platform.
- Setting up the build and deployment automation for Java base project by using JENKINS and Maven
- Responsible for creating and deploying builds on various Web Logic environments, testing in build environment and release to test team on scheduled time.
- Creating builds using power shell Scripts, ANT/Maven scripts manually and automated.
- Troubleshooting deployment and installation issues.
- Automated the Build Process using Jenkins.
- Maintained necessary back-up of the important files and documented Linux scripts for future reference.
- Handling complete Build and Release process including code, documentation and supporting testing team along with the server Administration
- Work with QA to facilitate verification of releases. Running multiple builds at a time.
- GIT administration like give access for branches and GIT repositories.
- Support the code builds by integrating with continuous integration tool ( Jenkins ).
- Installed and configured Jenkins for Automating Deployments and providing an automation solution.
- Integrated GIT into Jenkins to automate the code check-out process.
- Used Jenkins for automating Builds and Automating Deployments.
- Managed build results in Jenkins and deployed using workflows.
- Managed to deliver specific versions of various components of an application into target environments.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Integrated delivery ( CI and CD process) Using Jenkins, Nexus, Yum and puppet .
- Familiar and experienced with Agile Scrum development.
Environment: GIT, Ant, Maven, Artifactory, Tomcat, Web Sphere, VMware, Clear Quest Jenkins, Linux, JBOSS, Shell, Perl Scripting, Nexus, JIRA.
Build and Release Engineer
- Building up of servers, deployment activities, and environment support including installation, configuration diagnostics, planning and upgrades.
- Responsible for implementation of Software Configuration Management processes, control and build of new versions, updating releases for software applications.
- Automated, enhanced, and maintained the build processes and Supported development engineer on build related issues and reviewed usage of build tools and compliance with build related guidelines of the project.
- Converting the ANT build projects to Maven Build projects. Managing Maven project dependencies by creating parent-child relationships between projects.
- Configuring, Installing and Administering the Jenkins Continuous Integration servers. Created end to end build automation and CI setup for button click push deployment. Creating new build jobs, Integration testing jobs and deploy jobs in Jenkins to automate the process.
- Used Python scripts to automate the Build and deployment process to deploying the web services. Used services deploy command for building the web services. Used maven for few modules. Monitoring each service deployment, and validating the services across all environments.
- Deployed J2EE applications to Application servers in an Agile continuous integration environment and also automated the whole process. Build scripts using ANT and MAVEN build tools in Jenkins, Sonar to move from one environment to other environments.
Environment: Ant, Maven, Artifactory, Tomcat, Web Sphere, VMware, Clear Quest Jenkins, Linux, JBOSS, Shell, Perl Scripting, Nexus, JIRA.
- Assisted senior-level administrators in various aspects RedHat server administration including installation and maintaining the operating system software, performance monitoring, problem analysis and resolution.
- Performed basic system monitoring , verified the integrity and availability of all hardware resources and key processes , reviewed system and application logs .
- Provided support by 24x7 on-call support . Monitored trouble ticket queue to attend user and system calls , attended team meetings, change control meetings to update installation progress, and for upcoming changes in environment.
- Worked on Disk Management like adding and replacing of hot swappable drives on existing servers, partitioning according to requirement, creating new file systems and growing new ones whenever needed.
- Process administration and management like monitoring, start/stop/kill various processes. Configuration and troubleshooting SSH and providing user level and system level trusting.
- Documented customer and software configurations and developed standard operating procedures and training manuals for Trainees.
- Organized various meetings with teams for tracking their requirements as inputs to get this done and designed the plan/steps involved and took approvals.
- Used various network protocols like HTTP, UDP, POP, FTP, TCP/IP, and SMTP. Worked on User Administration for new users which includes creating user account for new users and deleting account for the retired users.
- Experienced in writing bash shell scripting to schedule and automate processes including full and incremental backups using tar and enlarge file systems.
- Performed system monitoring to check for system performance , disk usage and memory utilization using Nagios tool and Monitored TCP/IP network environment .
- Extensive experience in network management TCP/IP, NIS, DNS, NFS, VLAN. Worked with TCP/IP networking tool using them in network configuration , maintenance and troubleshooting .
- Administered Red Hat servers for several functions including Apache/Tomcat servers, mail servers, and MySQL databases in both development and production.
Environment: Redhat Linux 4.x 5.x 6.x 7.x VMware ESX, Solaris 9, Veritas volume manager, Apache, SSH, Windows server 2003/2008 R2, Active Directory.