- 9+ Years of professional experience in Network Engineering, Performing Network Analysis, Design, Implementing, Capacity Planning with focus on performance tuning and support of large Networks.
- Expertise in implementing L2 technologies including VLAN's, VTP, STP, PVST, RSTP, Port Channels, VPC, VDC, Fabric Path, Port Security and 802.x authentication in access layer switches.
- Maintained TACACS+/RADIUS Servers for AAA authentication and User authentication.
- Strong knowledge of HSRP, VRRP and GLBP Redundancy Protocols.
- Experienced in large - scale enterprise network maintenance and migration with expertise in designing planning, and testing of enterprise LAN/WAN products and protocols.
- Well versed in integrating Windows based systems with other technologies.
- Planning, design and engineering of automated network access and policy enforcement technologies from forescout.
- Handling the network infrastructure LAN/WAN, migration & configuration of network client workstations.
- Troubleshooting of LAN connectivity issues, software and hardware; tracking problem, remediation scheduling and coordination.
- Designed, Configured and successfully implemented Port Security for Source based MAC Filtering, HSRP, VRRP, GLBP and Ether Channel for network redundancy and load-balancing.
- Analyze and evaluate anomalous network and system activity then recommending modifications to access control lists to prevent and mitigate intrusions.
- Extensive Working Experience in Advanced TCP/IP Management, IP Addressing &Subnetting VLSM, Route Summarization, Route Redistribution and NAT/PAT.
- Extensive Experience in Design, implementation and Working Exposure of routed and routing protocols - RIP ( V1 & V2), IGRP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, IS-IS.
- Configured BGPv4, BGP Path Attributes, and Route Reflectors for an ISP transit network.
- Successfully deployed DIA, P2P Links, Private MAN Connections, PPP, HDLC, Frame Relay (HUB and SPOKE), and ISDN on Cisco Routers over T1 and T3 circuits.
- Successfully Recommended and deployed Orion - Solar Winds and Science Logic as Network Monitoring & Health Statistics tools which has in built feature like SNMP, Alerts, Events, Syslog’s etc.
- Co-ordination planning activities during a Major Incident; Agreeing and maintaining a Restoration Plan; Agreeing and maintaining a Communication Plan; Performing progress review throughout the Major Incident; Preparing and issuing progress statements / notifications; Deploying and directing resources during the Major Incident;
- Liaising with Major Incident Managers within suppliers; Co-ordination management and supplier escalation activities
- Strong expertise in Network Design, troubleshooting (Sniffer - Wireshark), Fine Tuning, Implementation and day-to-day maintenance Activity.
- Good Project Management and Execution skills with maintaining network deliverables within time space domain.
- Experienced in Layer 2 Routing protocol configurations: ATM/FRAME RELAY, IP services such as QoS and VPN technologies: IPSec & SSL.
- Experienced with different Network Management Tools and Sniffers like SNMP, and Cisco works to support 24 x 7 Network Operation Center.
- Experience in deployment and configuration of Cisco 1800, 1900, 2800, 2900, 3800, 3900,7200, 7600, ASR 1006, 1002 series routers.
- Experience in deployment and configuration of Cisco 2900, 3300, 3500, 3650, 3750, 4300,4500, 6500 and Nexus 7k, 5k, 2k series switches.
- Hands on experience in configuring Nortel/ Confidential switches 4800, 5600 and 8600 series L2 and L3 switchesHands on experience in MLT, SMLT and RSMLT Nortel protocols.
- Experienced in Physical cabling, IP addressing & Subnetting with VLSM using QIP configuring and supporting TCP/IP, DNS, installing and configuring proxies.
- Experienced in set up, configured and managed of Cisco PIX, ASA, Juniper SA 2500, 4500, 6500.
- Experienced in Layer 3 Routing protocol configurations: EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, & MPLS.
- Experience work on F5 LTM and GTM.
- Involved in troubleshooting of DNS, DHCP and other IP conflict problems.
- Responsible for Check Point and Cisco ASA firewall administration across global networks.
- Worked on Port Groups on M Series Module and F Series Module for Nexus 7K.
- Implemented MPLS/VPN services for various customers.
- Good work Experience with Active Directory.
- Security including NAT configuration, VPN, VLAN, Cisco Firewalls.
- Assisted in managing Windows Active Directory.
- Experience working on Cisco Nexus 7k, 5k, 2k, Cisco Catalyst 6500’s, 4500’s & VPC, VDC, VRF configuration.
- VSS on 6506E switches maintenance to provide dual homing for the consumers as well redundancy.
- Worked extensively in Designing, Implementing & Managing LAN, WLAN & WAN solutions for different client setups. In-depth knowledged and experienced in WAN technologies including T1, T3, ISDN, HDLC, Point to Point, ATM & Frame Relay.
- Configured, Installed and troubleshot wireless lan controller and Access point.
- Knowledge of implementing and troubleshooting complex layer 2 technologies such as SNMP, VLAN Trunks, VTP, Ether channel, STP, RSTP and MST. Implementation of HSRP, VRRP for Default Gateway Redundancy
- Ability to Install, Manage & Troubleshoot Large Networks & Systems Administration on Windows & Linux platforms in Development, Staging, Lab & Production Environments.
- Strong Experienced in using various tools for management, analyzing, and troubleshooting, monitoring & process automation in Lab &Production environment.
- Highly valuable Project Management and Operations Planning skills.
- Experienced in Cisco Routing, Switching and Security with strong Cisco hardware/software experiences with high end Routers: Cisco 2600, 2800, 3600, 6500,7200, 12000 Series; Catalyst Switches: 2900sx,3750,4506E, 4507,6503E, 6506E,7600.
- Experienced in working with HP network.
- Experienced in working with Aruba network.
- Well organized, Self-starter, Quick learner, Self-Motivated, Team player with analytical, technical and communication skills.
Networking Concepts: OSI Model, TCP/IP, UDP, IPV4, IPv6, Sub-netting, VLSM
Routing Protocols: IGRP, EIGRP, OSPF (V2,V3 ), BGP (ibgp,eBGP), RIP, Static Routing
Infrastructure services: DNS, ICMP, SNMP, ARP,SMTP,FTP,TFTP, Active Directory
Switch Technologies: VLANs, PVLAN, ATM, VTP, STP, RSTP, PVST+, MST, DTP, MLPPP, MPLS, ISL, CEF, MLS, Ether channel and dot1q
LAN Protocols: IEEE 802.1q, VTP, STP, RSTP
WAN Technologies: Frame Relay, HDLC, leased lines & exposure to PPP, T1 /T3 & SONET
Security: VPN, NAT/ PAT, access-lists, F5 Load Balancer
Firewall : Cisco ASA 5580, Juniper Secure Access VPN Appliance
Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows Server 2003/2008/2012, Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10,MS Office, LINUX,UNIX
Other Technologies : VISIO, VMware, Mat Lab, GNS3, Microsoft Word, Excel, Oracle
Cisco Routers: CISCO 3640, 2600, 2800, 3600, 3800
REDUNDANCY AND MANAGEMENT: HSRP, VRRP, GLBP, RPR, NSF/NSR, WIRESHARK, SOLAR WINDS, SNMP
PHYSICAL INTERFACES: FAST ETHERNET, GIGABIT ETHERNET, SERIAL, HSSI, SONET (POS)
Senior Network Engineer
Confidential - Alpharetta, GA
- implemented lan/wan utilizing cisco 7200, 7204, 7206. configured routing protocols such as ospf and policy based routing. design ospf areas for reliable access distribution and for core ip routing. fine-tuned ospf metrics to avoid routing loops and ensure redundancy in case of link failures. redistribution of routing protocols and frame-relay configurations implement and manage all the firewalls in smart domain manager/provider-1 with cma to organize enterprise and remote locations. managing url content filtering on websense proxy. adding exemption, editing policy groups on websense management server. adding/removing arm bypass rules on websense appliances. perform firewall os upgrades using cli, splat and voyager gui. backup and restore of checkpoint firewall policies. monitoring, maintaining, and implementing security policies on cisco firewalls. change management: need to make sure that all the change designs and implementations are completed and tested as per the schedule required by the customers. managed the f5 bigip gtm/ltm appliances to include writing irules, ssl offload and everyday task of creating wip and vips. using aruba's clear policy manager provide role and device base network control for customers across vpn infrastructure. worked on extensively on cisco firewalls, paloalto firewalls (5020,3020)&asa 5500(5510/5540) series migrated to r75.xx in various checkpoint 4k/11k/21k appliances from r65, r62, r60, etc., and building the new smart center server. configured and implemented composite network models consists of cisco7600, 7200, 3800 series and asr 9k, gsr 12k routers and cisco 2950, 3500, 5000, 6500 series switches implemented snmp on cisco routes to allow for network management implementing nat solutions on cisco ios routers. network migration from rip to ospf implementation and configuration of vpn tunnels. configuring vlan trunking protocol (vtp) on core switches. configured hsrp and vlan trunking 802.1q, vlan routing on catalyst 6500 switches. maintained a network with more than 600 network devices, some 20,000-end hosts, and the other network devices like dhcp, dns servers, and firewall servers. implementation of tcp/ip and related services - dhcp/dns configured bpdu guard, port-fast, uplink fast and other spanning tree features. study single point failures & design wan structure in such a way that there are no failures in network in case of any device or link failure configure all palo alto networks firewall models (pa-2k, pa-3k, pa-5k etc.) as well as a centralized management system (panorama) to manage large scale firewall deployments.
Environment: Cisco 3750/3550/3500/2960 switches and Cisco 12000/7200/3845/3600 routers, Cisco ASA5510, Checkpoint, Aruba.
Confidential, Trenton, New Jeresy
Sr. NETWORK ENGINEER
- Worked with NOC, IT, or ISP environment supporting networks and networking equipment
- Contributed to Network Device installation and Integration.
- On call support for Verizon and Century Link network and handling Priority tickets.
- Handling change requests and service requests and incidents and major incidents.
- Network optimization, QoS implementation for Cisco Switches and Routers for all platforms.
- Work with remote engineers at the site for issues
- Trouble shooting complex Routing and Switching problems and escalated incidents.
- Prepare Trend Analysis based on link usage and hardware utilization.
- Managed Core network upgrade, Unified Communications & Identity Services Engine (ISE) deployment.
- Configured and maintained BIG IP F5 load balancers LTM 1600 for load balancing and application redundancy.
- Contributed to Network Device installation and Integration.
- Implementation of Next Generation Network Access controls (NAC) solutions with Technologies such as Forescout.
- Configuring devices in data center based on the request. (New Mexico, Texas)
- Network optimization and QoS design and implementation for Cisco Switches and Routers for all platforms.
- Configuration of IP phones, Polycom conference phones, voice mails, creating user account logins for phones in CUCM and CUE.
- Configured BGP routes to enable Express Route connections between on premise data centers and Azure cloud.
- Configured TCP/IP, Network routing protocols, firewalls, L2/L3 switches , & tools such as Wireshark.
- Working using GNS3 application for creating a virtual network and also to test the network in all possible ways for a efficient work flow projects.
- Assisted working in updating wireless Access Point IOS and their certification.
- LAN, WAN, BAN configuration in MPLS environment
- To lead Network monitoring and complex troubleshooting activities over supported network/IT Infrastructure covering multi-vendor and multi-site large enterprise environment.
- Lead all critical P1/P2 incidents reported by business and Collaborate with other technical SMEs on all incidents affecting production systems.
- Strong abilities in troubleshooting methodologies to isolate and identify configuration, design, and hardware anomalies; ability to clearly articulate findings in written and verbal communications with engineering staff
- Project oriented role in Data Center infrastructure with migration, implementation, deployment and design
- Done Bandwidth Upgrading for remote sites, Implemented multiple Wireless Access Points.
- Administration and operational experience Fabric Path, OTV and FCoE on Cisco Nexus 7k.
- Troubleshooting of protocol based policies on Palo Alto Firewalls and changing the policies as per the requirement and as per traffic flow.
- Experience in Upgrading, degrading and managing the Palo Alto Firewalls using Panorama.
- Troubleshooting for Layer 2 LAN technologies but not limited to Ethernet (Switched, FastE, and GigE), Spanning-Tree, VLANs, VTP, and Trunking (802.1q). Deliver installation of wireless networking infrastructure
- Configured VLANs with 802.1q tagging. Configured Trunk groups, ether channels, and Spanning tree for creating Access/distribution and core layer switching architecture.
- Performed IOS upgrades on Catalyst 2900, 3500, 4500 series switches and 2500, 2600, 3600, 7200 series routers.
- Design, implementation and troubleshooting (disaster recovery) of the LAN IP infrastructure using Layer 2 / Layer 3 switching, STP, Gigabit Ethernet and Trunking / channeling technologies.
Confidential, SanFrancisco, CA
- Responsible for configuration, monitoring and troubleshooting of LAN, VLANs, VTP, Spanning Tree (STP), Trunking (dot1q and ISL) and Ether channel on Cisco Cato’s and IOS Switches (2960,3500,3570,3850, 4948,6500/E, 7600).
- Developed Cisco Routers, Cisco switches and their respective software upgrades and and decommissioned legacy systems.
- Implemented TCP/IP and related services like DHCP/DNS/WINS.
- Set up resources, users, sign in policies in juniper SSl VPN.
- Hands on experience in configuring and supporting site-to-site and remote access IPsec VPN solutions using ASA firewalls.
- Analyzed firewall logs , Provided administration and Monitor Support, Dynamic Updates for Palo Alto 5050 Firewall & Cisco ASA 5555, 5585.
- Set up VLANS and configured ISL trunk on Fast-Ethernet channel between Switches.
- Deployed a large-scale HSRP solution to improve the uptime of collocation customers, in the event a core router becomes unreachable.
- Configured Virtual Chassis for Juniper switches EX-4200, Firewalls SRX-21.
- Implemented, Monitored, Troubleshot and Converged in Frame-Mode MPLS inside the core.
- Configured VLAN, Spanning Tree, VSTP, SNMP on EX series switches.
- Developed understanding of the JUNOS platform and worked with IOS upgrade of Juniper devices.
- Designed and implemented security policies using ACL, PIX Firewall.
- Designed and configured OSPF, BGP on Juniper Routers and SRX Firewalls.
- Configured routing policy for BGP. switching related tasks including implementing VLANs and configuring ISL trunk and 802.1Q on Fast-Ethernet channel between switches.
- Implemented Cisco IOS Firewall IDS using 2600 series router.
- Coordinate with the ESU (enterprise services unit) to expand scope and reach of Forescout
- Enhance the current implementation of Forescout CounterAct
- Integrate Forescout with other enterprise services to include Solarwinds and McAfee EPO
- Serve as enterprise POC for Forescout and Solarwinds within the environment
- Configured RIP, OSPF and Static routing on Juniper M and MX series Routers.
- Troubleshooting network problems with Wire Shark.
- Configured Nexus 2000 Fabric Extender (FEX) which acts as a remote line card (module).
- Redistributed routing protocols and Frame-Relay configurations.
- Configured and troubleshot type of routing to route traffic flow per customer requirement as primary, backup/load balanced and load splitting.
- Performed the maintenance of Active Directory and Replication scheme, DNS/DHCP services and time services; wrote step-by-step procedures for implementing upgrades.
- Created VIP(virtual servers), pools, nodes and applied iRules for virtual servers like cookie persistency and redirection of the URL.
- Configured VLANs on a switch for inter-VLAN communication. Configured VLAN Trunking Protocol (VTP) on Core Switches. Configured various LAN switches such as CISCO CAT 2900, 3550, 4500, 6509 switches for STP, VTP Domain, VLAN, Trunking, Fast Ether Channel configuration.
- Documented all the work done by using Visio, Excel & MS word.
- Configured, monitored and troubleshot cisco wireless controller (cisco 3300 and 5500).
- Configured, monitored and troubleshot cisco Access point.
- Configured and managed Network and Network Security by performing system administration/analysis that includes installation /configuration proxies, DNS, IP addressing scheme & IP Sub netting with VLSM, configure VLANs & Trunks.
- Experience working with Network management software NSM and Service now (Regeneron software Incident mgmt., problem mgmt., change mgmt. etc.)
- Configured VDC on Nexus 7k. Virtual Port Channel (VPC) between 5K and 2K. Configured VRF, VRF-Lite.
- Handled Incident tickets & Service Requests related to Cisco ASA & Palo Alto firewall, & VPN along with the connectivity issues and provide prompt support when any issue pops up.
- Experience with design and implementation of Data center migration Involving in Access, Distribution and Core layers.
- Supported to Configure the F5 GTMs to globally load balance the local brocade or F5 load balancers.
Confidential, New York, NY
Sr. Network Engineer
- Experience with converting PIX rules over to the Cisco ASA solution.
- Configured OSPF, BGP and Static routing on Juniper M and MX series Routers.
- Configured Remote Access VPN on Juniper SA 6500, 4500,2500.
- Implemented TCP/IP and related services like DHCP/DNS/WINS.
- Negotiated VPN tunnels using IPSec encryption standards and also configured and implemented site-to-site VPN, Remote VPN.
- Designed, Implemented & troubleshot Juniper switches, routers and Firewalls.
- Juniper: EX-2200, EX-4200, EX-4500, MX-480, M Series, SRX210, SRX240.
- Reviewed, analyzed, approved and executed all changes in the network. All Configurations of Cisco Routers and Switches. Participated in a rotating 24x7 support schedule for the Network operation Center.
- Monitored, managed and resolved all data network circuits. Configured Static, RIP v1 & v2, IGRP, EIGRP, OSPF and BGP Routing Protocols on Cisco 2600, 2800, 3600, 7300 series Routers.
- Designed and Implemented of (LAN) VLANs, VTP, Spanning Tree (STP), Trunking (dot1q and ISL) and Ether channel on Cisco Catalyst Switches 3500, 6500, 7600.
- Performed Troubleshooting and monitoring of routing protocols such OSPF, EIGRP & BGP.
- Designed OSPF Areas for reliable Access Distribution and for Core IP Routing.
- Implemented traffic filters on Cisco routes using Standard & Extended access-list.
- Installed and configured Routers, Bridges, Terminal Servers and CSU/DSU have to support WAN links.
- Configuered standard and extended access-lists on network.
- Configured and troubleshooting of HSRP on Cisco routers.
- Responsible for turning up BGP peering and customer sessions, as well as debugging BGP routing problems.
- Managed Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Terminal Servers.
- Planned and designed Windows Server 2003 Active Directory infrastructure and support systems, collaborated with corporate executives and vendors to acquire hardware and software within acceptable time periods and within budget.
- Configured and managed Network and Network Security by perform system administration/analysis that includes installation/configuration proxies, DNS, IP addressing scheme & IP Subnetting with VLSM, configure VLANs & Trunks.
- Responsible for procurement and installation of Hardware, network drives and other IT infrastructure. Document the design, implementat and troubleshooting procedures with Method of Procedure (MOPS).
- Responsible for service request tickets generated by the helpdesk in all phases such as troubleshooting,maintenance, upgrades, patches and fixes with all around technical support.
- Worked extensively on Cisco Firewalls, Cisco PIX (506E/515E/525)&ASA 5500(5510/5540) Series.
- Experience working with Network management software NSM.
- Experience in working with Nexus 7010, 5020, 2148, 2248 devices.
- Performed root cause analysis on the problems coming across Project execution.
- Implemented changes through change management process ITIL Process.
- Hands on experience on F5 LTM, GTM series like 6400, 6800, 8800 for the corporate applications and their availability
- Involved in deployment of new F5 GTM to replace the existing A10 GSLBs .
- Configured the F5 GTMs to globally load balance the local brocade or F5 load balancers.
- Hands on experience in configuring and supporting site-to-site and remote access Cisco, IPsec, VPN solutions using ASA/PIX firewalls, Cisco, VPN client in addition to providing TACACS+ and RADIUS services.
Confidential, Wayne, PA
Sr.NETWORK ENGINEER (L2)
- Datacenter Support Assisted agency with best practice related to the network transition and integration for planning, designing, and configuring new network infrastructure systems including Internet, Security, MPLS/WAN, and Cisco NEXUS technologies.
- Providing Level 3 support to customers, resolving issues by attending to conference calls.
- Translating Cisco IOS Route maps to Cisco IOS XR routing policies.
- Working with Cisco Nexus 2148 Fabric Extender and Nexus 5500 series to provide a Flexible Access Solution for datacenter access architecture.
- Evaluate, Plan, Test, and Deploy migration of DNS and DHCP to Infoblox Appliances.
- Configuring RIP, OSPF and Static routing on Juniper M and MX series Routers
- Providing Level 3 Engineering and Support to other internal network engineers and contractors.
- Designing and installing new branch network systems, resolving network issues, running test scripts and preparing network documentation.
- Setup Inflobox for local DHCP & DNS configuration.
- Implemented Positive Enforcement Model with the help of Palo Alto Networks.
- Working with Cisco Nexus 7000, Nexus 5000, and Nexus 2000 platforms.
- Responsible for configuration, monitoring and troubleshooting of LAN, VLANs, VTP, Spanning Tree (STP), Trunking (dot1q and ISL) and Ether channel on Cisco IOS Switches (2960, 2960s, 2960sx, 3800,and 4500).
- Responsible for IOS upgradation in cisco Switches (2960, 2960s,2960x, 3560 and 3850) from version 12.2 to version 15.2
- Configured High availability SSO in wireless Lan Controller ( 5500).
- Configured, monitored and troubleshot Cisco Access point (AIR 2702I/E).
- Experienced working with Network management software NSM and HEAT (Johnson Matthey ‘s software Incident mgmt., problem mgmt., change mgmt. etc.)
- Worked on project migration from HP ProCurve to cisco 2960, 2960s, 2960sx, 3800,and 4500.
- Performed Layer 2 switching and Layer 3 routing within a Data Center Environment, among Core, Distribution & Access Layers.
- Implemented DHCP, DNS, IPAM configuration on the servers to allocate, resolute the IP addresses from Subnets on Infoblox.
- Working with BGP, OSPF, EIGRP protocols in MPLS Cloud.
- Hands-on experience with iBGP & EBGP.
- Replace branch Cisco routers with new Juniper MX-80, MX-104 routers as a part of branch network refresh project.
- Worked with network services like DNS, DHCP, DDNS, IP4, IP6, IPsec, VPN etc.
- Assisted in a global firewall software upgrade project for 100+ Cisco ASA firewalls
- Used VLAN Trunk Protocol (VTP) while configure a new VLAN on one VTP server
- Establishing VPN Tunnels using IPSec encryption standards and also configuring and implementing site-to-site VPN, Remote VPN.
- Performing OTV to extend L2 VLANs between data centers over IP on Nexus7018 switches.
- Worked extensively on BGP4 routing protocol, and configuring BGP, route maps.
- Support third party technologies within the ACI ecosystem such as VMware ESX, OpenStack.
- Integration of Cisco Identity Services Engine (Cisco ISE) within Greenfield environments, or with limited production.
- Configuration of routing protocols EIGRP and BGP4 for little to medium sized branches supported company branch standards, together with distribution and route maps.
- Integration of Cisco ISE with client AD, LDAP, RSA, and Token Servers.
- Providing daily network support for national wide area network consisting of MPLS, VPN and point-to-point site
- Responsible for service request tickets generated by the helpdesk in all phases such as troubleshooting, maintenance, upgrades, patches and fixes with all around technical support
- Configuring, Monitoring and Troubleshooting Cisco's ASA 5500/PIX security appliance, Failover DMZ zoning and configuring VLANs/routing/NATing with the firewalls as per the design
- Converting Cisco IOS to Cisco IOS XR configurations.
- Configuring BGP4, MPLS in Cisco IOS XR.
- Configuring multiple route reflectors within a cluster.
- Gained a high level understanding and operated a multitude of different software, such as (but not limited to): Solarwinds NPM, Solarwinds TFTP Server, Cisco Prime Infrastructure, VSphere client, VMWare Client, Wire Shark, Secure CRT, and FileZilla FTP Client.
- Working on HP open view map for Network Management System and Ticketing.
- Working experience with CITRIX NetScaler MPX 17500 & 7500 devices
- Experienced working with Cisco Virtual Switching System (VSS)
- Involved in L2/L3 Switching Technology Administration including created and managed VLANs, Port security, Trunking, STP, Inter-Vlan routing, LAN security and troubleshoot LAN issues.
- Implemented of BGP to optimize WAN routing on the core and edge routers.
- Involved in removal of EIGRP from all devices and making OSPF is the primary routing protocol.
- Hands on Experience testing iRules using Browser (IE), HTTP watch on f5 load balancers.
- Troubleshot network problems with Wire Shark.
- Troubleshot network problems with Wire Shark.
- Provided monitoring and 24 by 7 troubleshoot network connectivity for two hospitals, 30 remote locations and a data center. When necessary contacted Confidential to perform testing and repair the service or Cisco TAC for advance troubleshooting or to have the failed equipment RMA.
- Installation, testing and troubleshooting of Switches, Servers and Firewalls.
- Trouble shoot, maintain and upgrade existing hardware throughout the enterprise and data center for Cisco Catalyst 6500, and 4500 series switches.
- Assisted with the implementation of new hardware for a new remote location installing and configuring Cisco 4507 Catalyst Switches and implementing monitoring and Layer 3 connectivity using EIGRP.
- Configuring Cisco ASA firewall rules to meet the needs of the Application Teams. Also creating, maintaining, and trouble shoot VPN tunnels issues on Cisco ASA 5540.
- Assisted with the implementation of the Senior Network Engineer design for Metro-E solution for backup connection for remote locations.
- Provided customer service and support, gathered and confirmed trouble ticket information, and worked with customers to solve problems and support their needs.
- Involved in troubleshooting of DNS, DHCP and other IP conflict problems
- Used various scanning and sniffing tools like Wire-shark
- Hands on Experience working with security issue like applying ACL's, configuring NAT and VPN
- Spearheaded meetings & discussions with team members regarding network optimization and regarding BGP issues.
- Network Migration from RIP to EIGRP
- Network infrastructure support to routing and switching equipment's.
- Redistribute routing protocols and Frame-Relay configuration.
- Checking and configuring Cisco 7600 and 7200 routers at data center for remote sites’ issues.
- Working on Cisco 6509 and 4507 series switches for LAN requirements that include managing VLANs, Port Security and troubleshooting LAN issues.
- Supporting EIGRP and BGP based network by resolving level 2 &3 problems of internal teams & external customers of all locations.
- Performed switching technology administration including VLANs, inter-VLAN routing, Trunking, STP, RSTP, port aggregation and link negotiation.
- Configuration of Access List ACL (Standard, Extended, Named) to allow users all over the company to access different applications and blocking others.
- Responsible for Cisco ASA firewall administration across our global networks.
- Providing daily network support for national wide area network consisting of MPLS, VPN and point-to point site.
- Experience configuring Virtual Device Context in Nexus 7010.
- Responsibilities also include technical documentation of all upgrades done. Attending meetings and technical discussions related to current project.
- Implemented WAN network technologies like MPLS and Frame Relay, switching technologies like STP, switch and VLAN security on L2 and L3 layer switches.
- Upgrading WAN link using PPP Multilink and by implementing Cisco WAAS.
- Configuring HSRP between the 3845 router pairs for Gateway redundancy for the client desktops.
- Configure VRRP & GLBP and VLAN Trunking 802.1Q, STP, Port Security on Catalyst 6500 switches.
- Negotiate VPN tunnels using IPsec encryption standards and also configured and implemented site-to-site VPN, Remote VPN.
- Network Cabling, dressing, labeling and troubleshooting various network drops onsite.
- Involved in design and deploying various network security & High availability products like Cisco ASA and other security products.
- Troubleshoot and resolved dynamic routing, Ethernet switching and host connectivity issues in a window and network environment
- Troubleshoot wiring problems and serial communication lines.
- Develop, plan and maintain documentation necessary for operation in support of LAN to WAN connectivity
- Configured 2900, 2800 and 2600 routers with RIP and EIGRP.
- Implemented VTP and Trunking protocols (like 802.1q and ISL) on Catalyst Switches 6500, 4500, 3700, and 3500.
- Installation, Maintenance, Troubleshooting Local and Wide Areas Network (ISDN, Frame relay, NAT, DHCP, TCP/IP).
- Configuration of Access List ACL (Std., Ext, Named) to allow users all over the company to access different applications and blocking others.
- Configured STP for loop prevention and VTP for Inter-VLAN Routing.
- Provided Site-Site VPN and remote access for the clients and internal users.