- Highly efficient with 6 of comprehensive experienceAWS and DevOps along with extensive experience in CI/CD and Configuration Management, Build and Release Engineer, Linux Administration .
- Worked in infrastructure team on installation, configuration and administration of CentOS 5.x/6.x/7, Red Hat Linux 8/9, RHEL 5.x/6.x/7, Red Hat Satellite 6, Windows Server and SUSE Linux 10.x/11.
- Experience in System Administration, System Builds, Server builds, Installs, Upgrades, Patches, Migration, Troubleshooting, Security, Backup, Disaster Recovery, Performance Monitoring and Fine - tuning on UNIX Red Hat Linux Systems.
- Expertise in using Kubernetes to provide a platform for automating deployment, Scaling, and operations of application containers across clusters of hosts.
- Experience in Administration/Maintenance of source control management systems, such as GitHub, BitBucket.
- Experience in configuring Nagios for continuous monitoring of applications in the production environment and enabled notifications via emails.
- Experience in working with Ansible playbooks for virtual and physical instance provisioning, configuration management, patching and software deployment on cloud environments.
- Experience in managing Ansible Playbooks with modules, working with Ansible Tower, Vault and Galaxy.
- Created the Google cloud stack using the terraform
- Created the VPC, Global load balancers (https, ssl, tcp ) and network load balancers for both external and internal traffic .
- Strong experience in google cloud Databases like Bigtable,Datastore, Cloud SQL, Cloud Spanner, Big query
- Handled a lot of migration from on premise to google cloud
- Hands on experience with the IAM roles and policies
- Hands on experience with Projects, Users and groups with service accounts
- Created the k8 cluster using the google cloud
- Deployed the application into GKE service
- Strong experience with VPN, from on prem to google cloud
- Successfully migrated the test, dev and prod environments to Google cloud
- Experience with google cloud storage Multiregional, regional, Nearline and coldline
- Experience on several Docker components like Docker Engine , Hub, Machine, creating docker images , Registry and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations.
- Worked to setup Jenkins as a service inside the docker swarm cluster to reduce the failover downtime to minutes and to automate the docker containers deployment without using configuration management tool.
- Expertise in orchestration and configuration management of middleware and applications deployment by writing Ansible Playbooks and pushing them in environments.
- Extensively worked on Hudson, Jenkins, Cruise Control and Bamboo for continuous integration (CI) and for end to end automation for all build and deployments.
- Extensive experience in using MAVEN and ANT as build tools pom.xml and building of deployable artifacts from source code.
- Experience in all phases of Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC), including evaluating requirements, test planning, test case design, development, test execution, defect tracking, and reporting.
- Proficient in devising all the artifacts of testing such as Test Scenarios, Test Cases, Defect Reports and Test Summary Report.
- Experienced in Designing & implementation of Automation Frameworks including TDD, BDD, data driven, keyword driven, and hybrid using Selenium WebDriver with Java.
- Efficient experience in using Nexus and Artifactory Repository managers for Maven builds.
- Experienced in branching, merging, tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like GIT and Subversion (SVN) on Linux platforms.
- Expertise in set up different kinds of Build triggers including gated - checking, continuous integration, scheduled and rolling builds in Team Foundation Server .
- Proficiency in writing automation scripts using Shell, Power Shell, Ruby, JSON, Python to support infrastructure as code and continuous deployment.
- Ability in development and execution of XML, Python, Bash, YAML, RUBY, Perl and SHELL scripts.
- Analyze log files from across servers. Evaluated system logs using ELK software stack
- Hands on experience in working with System health and performance Monitoring Tools like Nagios, Zabbix, Splunk, New Relic, Elastic search, Kibana.
- Maintenance of Android BSP involving Debugging and testing for resolving critical bugs.
- Exposure to Remedy and JIRA tracking tools for tracking defects and changes for change management.
- Experience in performing an automated installation of an operating system to multiple machines by configuring Kickstart file in single server.
Operating system platforms: Red Hat Linux4.x, 5.x, 6.x, 7.x, CentOS 6 & 7, Ubuntu12.x, 13.x, 14.x, SUSE, IBM AIX 5.x, Windows 98, ME, XP, Vista, 07, 08, Windows Server 2003, 2008 R2, 2012 R2, VMware ESX and Mac OS.
SCM Tools: Subversion, GIT, bit bucket and CVS.
CI: Hudson, Jenkins, Bamboo 5.11
Provisioning Tools: Ansible Tower, Terraform, Vagrant
Build Tools: ANT, MAVEN, Gradle
Bug Tracker & Testing Tools: JIRA, Remedy, Junit, IBM Clear, Quest.
Tools: MS Office Suite, Nexus, JFROG, Atlassian Confluence.
CM Tools: Ansible, Chef.
Containerization Tools: Docker, Kubernetes, Docker Swarm
Scripts: Shell Script, Batch Script, Perl Script, PowerShell Script and Python.
Web Technologies: Servlets, JDBC, JSP, HTML, XML, JSON.
Web/App Servers: WebLogic, Web Sphere, Apache Tomcat, RHEL, JBOSS.
Monitoring Tools: Splunk, Nagios, Elastic Search, Logstash, Kibana.
Networking/Protocol: NFS, NIS, DNS, DHCP, IP, TCP, FTP, HTTP, SSH
Confidential , Mason, OH
- Managing UNIX Infrastructure and EMC storage involving maintenance of the servers and troubleshooting problems in the environment.
- Configuration management using Amazon Cloud Formation, Continuous integration with Jenkins and Bamboo.
- Planning, implementing and configuring changes to the servers adhering to ITIL change management process.
- Experience in working with Agile, Scrum and Kanban software development methodology.
- AWS management (EC2, EBS, ASG, RDS, R53), Optimized volumes and EC2 instances& Created multi-AZ VPC instances.
- Experience with the migration of content in similar upgrades.
- Experienced in creating Amazon EC2 instances and setting up security groups.
- Implemented Ansible to manage existing servers and automate the configuration of new servers and used Ansible Playbooks to setup Continuous Delivery Pipeline. Deployed micro services, including provisioning Azure environments using Ansible Playbooks .
- Created inventory in Ansible for automating the continuous deployment and wrote playbooks using YAML scripting.
- Developed Ansible roles to maintain the large playbooks easily. Used the Ansible Galaxy , a shared repository for the roles to download, share and manage the roles.
- Worked with Docker snapshot, Docker hub , Created Docker images and handled multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations.
- Configured Docker container for branching purposes and implemented Docker automation solution for Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery model and collaborative applications.
- Created and managed a Docker deployment pipeline for custom application images in the cloud using Jenkins .
- Worked on Kubernetes to manage containerized applications using its nodes, ConfigMaps, selector services and deployed application containers as Pods.
- Created a Jenkins pipeline to drive all micro-services builds out to Docker Hub and then deployed to Kubernetes, created pods and configured Kubernetes Replication controller.
- Managed Kubernetes charts using Helm packages , and Kubernetes manifest files. Created reproducible builds of the Kubernetes applications.
- Created Kubernetes clusters new Projects, Services for load balancing and adding them to Routes to be accessible from outside.
- Built end to end CI/CD Pipelines in Jenkins to retrieve code, compile applications, perform tests and push build artifacts to Nexus Artifactory.
- Managed the GIT using Nexus tool to automate the build process and used the same to share the snapshots and releases of internal projects.
- Responsible for implementing user Activity Reporting modules and log analysis using Elasticsearch and Kibana stack .
- Configured network and server monitoring using Grafana , ELK stack with Nagios for notifications.
- Installed and configured monitoring tools Nagios for monitoring the network bandwidth and the hardware status.
- Created and wrote shell scripts Bash, Ruby, Python and PowerShell for automating tasks.
- Administrated DHCP, SMTP, DNS, NFS, NIS and Samba services in Linux. Configured Linux Firewall with IPCHAINS & IPTABLES.
- Involved in installing, configuring and administration of Redhat Linux 4.x, 5.x, 6.x/7 servers by using Kickstart and Jump Start servers and supported various applications running on them.
Environment : Jenkins, Maven, JIRA, Linux, Kubernetes, Ansible, Docker, ELK, SonarQube, Nexus, Bash, Ruby and Python, AWS.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
Build and Release / Devops Engineer
- Performed day-to-day admin activities like creating and managing Build, deploy activities and improving the release process.
- Responsible for daily builds and deployments from Development through various testing environments.
- Developed and maintained build and release documentation and baseline builds.
- Coordinating the resources by working closely with Project Manager's for the release and Project Manager for all the Operational Projects.
- Carried Deployments and builds on various environments using continuous integration tool.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Involved in identifying build errors in the system and identify the build issue and escalate it to the concerned team after careful analysis. Work and coordinate with them to get the fix in the release.
- Used various plug-ins to extend the base functionality of Hudson/Jenkins to deploy, integrate tests and display reports.
- Implemented CI using Jenkins and continuous deployment . Extensively worked on Jenkins for continuous integration and for End-to-End automation for all build and deployments. Implement CI/CD tools Upgrade, Backup, Restore, DNS and SSL setup.
- Creating test automation framework, writing and executing test automation scripts using Selenium Web driver to support Functional end-to-end, System and Regression testing of the legacy & new features.
- Created automated web services test scripts.
- Facilitated Continuous Integration for scenarios tagged as Sanity & Regression and Continuous Delivery (CICD) including GitHub, Jenkins .
- Configuring Jenkins set up, defining, scheduling jobs, invoking external scripts and external executables triggered from Jenkins at defined intervals and periods.
- Automating the delivery of applications to Jenkins CI/CD pipeline for code builds, unit tests, code analyses image builds, and deployments to the development, integration, and production environments created in OpenShift
- Configured Git with Jenkins and schedule jobs using POLL SCM option and integrated to automate the code checkout process.
- Involved in editing the existing ANT/MAVEN files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
- Responsible for User Management, Administration, Group Management, Slave Management, new job setup in Jenkins .
- Migrated out core repository from Subversion (SVN) to GIT . In this process I was involved in individually migrating the entire code base from Subversion to GIT ensuring that health of our builds isn’t affected. Performed high level merges of branches, code bases .
- Maintained the Shell , Bash and Perl scripts for the automation purposes.
- Experience in JIRA to capture, organize and prioritize issues. Experience in partially administering JIRA for issue management Involved in setting up JIRA as defect tracking system and configured various workflows, Customizations and plugins for the JIRA bug/issue tracker Expertise in deployment of Routers, Switches, Hubs, Firewalls, IDS, load balancers, VPN Concentrators.
- Provided 24/7 primary on-call support for all server applications and systems.
Environment: Ant, Maven, Hudson, Jenkins, App Dynamic, SVN, GIT, JIRA, Docker, Shell, Perl, Bash Scripts.
- Installation and configuration of Red Hat/CentOS OS versions.
- Creating and Scheduling of Corn Jobs such as backup , System Monitoring and removal of unnecessary files.
- Handling problem tickets and Change tickets and implementing them as scheduled within SLA .
- Package and Patch Administration for different Linux operating systems such as Red Hat/Centos OS.
- Worked in setting of high availability in case of any failure in network or data for the servers.
- Configured the LUNs assigned by the storage administrators, and managed Volumes using Logical Volume Manager ( LVM ) on Linux .
- Performed LVM operations in Linux (RHEL) 4.x to set up file systems.
- Installed & configured Guest operating system like Red hat and Sun Solaris on VMware ESX 3.5x.
- Performed UNIX Systems Administration . Fine tuning, Kernel debugging, process scheduling, disk and file system I/O, kernel internals, TCP/IP communications.
- Experience in participating NAS to NAS migrations, and P2V, V2V in using VMware converter.
- Worked on install and configuration of DHCP , DNS , BIND , web mail SMTP, IMAP, POP3 on AIX and, Debian Linux servers.
- Configured RAID mirroring on various Linux flavors Debian, SUSE Enterprise Linux Platforms.
- Maintained and Monitoring System Activities like CPU, Memory, Disk and Swap space usage to avoid any performances issues.
- Use of SSH to connect to the server to solve the issue on the customer sites.
- Installing RPM and YUM packages in large volume such as make system packages updating and installing new packages moreover erasing unused packages.
- Designed and implemented an entire infrastructure to power a microservices architecture on VMware using Terraform.
- Diagnosed and resolved problems associated with DNS , DHCP , VPN , NFS , and Apache .
- Manage and monitor Active Directory services and group policies.
- Assigning folder permissions to the users by gathering approval from the group owners .
- Using Helpdesk Ticketing System Manage engine for Ticketing System . Support over Perl , bash and Python Scripts for web-based applications.
- Achieved Continuous Integration & deployment using GIT, Maven and Custom Repositories .
- Configuration and administration of Load balancers and F5’s, talking servers in out of rotation.
- Experienced install, integrating, tuning and troubleshooting Apache and Tomcat application server.
- Performed installation on Suse Linux servers for applications like JBOSS 4.2.x, 5.x.
- Monitored servers, switches, ports with Nagios monitoring tool. Made changes to the configuration files on client servers and host server.
- Troubleshooting of day-to-day operational problems, client-side issues, and hardware problems in the systems
Environment: RHEL 4.x, CentOS, Red Hat, VMware 3.5x,, TCP/IP, Windows Environment, LVM, EMC Disks, DNS, VPN, DHCP, Linux, BIND, SUSE, JBOSS, GIT, Maven, RPM, YUM.