- Overall 8 years of experience in Network design, deployment and operations of both Cisco and Juniper Networks.
- Currently licensed CCNA Cisco Certified Network Associate in Routing and Switching and actively pursuing for CCNP in Routing and Switching.
- Design, develop, and document comprehensive test plans to setup of test scenarios, both hardware and software components and Executes updated test cases with TCL/TK scripting.
- Experience testing Cisco & Juniper routers and switches in laboratory scenarios and then deploy them on site for production.
- Very sound knowledge on IPv4/IPv6, implementation of Subletting, VLSM and ARP, reverse & proxy ARP, Ping Concepts.
- Moderate knowledge in configuring and troubleshooting Cisco Wireless Networks: LWAPP, WLC, WCS, Standalone APs, Roaming, Wireless Security Basics, IEEE 802.11 a/b/g, RF spectrum characteristics.
- Designed and deployed new Cisco catalyst 6513 and 6509 with dual Supervisor Engine 720 at both Distro and Core layer.
- Hands on Experience in VOIP, servers and load balancers.
- Strong knowledge of TACACS+, RADIUS implementation in Access Control Network.
- Experience with MPLS technology including L2/L3 VPN and traffic engineering.
- Experience with Checkpoint Firewall policy provisioning.
- Strong knowledge of SD - WAN and also supporting multiple connection types such as MPLS,VPN and Frame Relays.
- Experience working with OTV & FCOE on the Cisco Nexus 7010/5548 between the datacenters.
- Responsible for Cisco ASA firewall administration across our global networks.
- Experience with setup, install, maintain and troubleshoot Cisco ASA, Palo Alto, Fortinet, IDS/IPS, Juniper Net screen and Checkpoint Firewalls.
- Have a good understanding of cloud technology (AWS, Azure, and cloud applications).
- Strong experience with Cisco ASA firewalls, ISE, Aruba Clear Pass, Extensive knowledge and Hands-on experience with Brocade DSX and VDX. Strong experience with F5 and Brocade ADX Series load-balancer and Nexus series switches.
- Experience working on Secure CRT, Putty, Packet Tracer, GNS3 and Wireshark.
- Familiar with SDN technologies.
- Knowledge of technologies like MPLS, Riverbed, Virtual Services Platform (VSP) .
- Knowledge on designing, implementing and troubleshooting complex layer 2 technologies such as VLAN, Trunks, VTP, Fabricpath, etherchannel, STP, RSTP, RPVST MST & port security along with trouble- shooting of inter-VLAN routing and VLAN trunking using 802.1Q .
- Hands on experience on Up-gradation of Cisco IOS of different Cisco devices & modules.
- Well Experienced in configuring protocols HSRP, GLBP, VRRP, ICMP, IGMP, PPP, HDLC, PAP, CHAP, and SNMP.
- Working knowledge of Cisco Meraki.
- Strong hands on experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting of Cisco Nexus 7k, 5k, 2k, Cisco 7600, 7200, 3800, 3900, 2800, 2900 series Routers, Cisco Catalyst 6500, 4500, 2960 and 3750 Stack Switches.
- Provides technical leadership for problem escalation and resolution.
- Highly motivated with the ability to work independently or as an integral part of a team and Committed to highest levels of professional.
- Riverbed Steelhead-5050, Steelhead-7050, and Interceptor-9350 optimizer appliances.
- Migrate and convert all traffic from end of life proxy platforms Solaris/Checkpoint, Net Cache to multiple Blue Coat Proxy SG units separating the traffic from point to specific lines of business designated proxies.
- Design and configuring of OSPF, BGP on Juniper Routers and SRX Firewalls.
- Implemented traffic filters using Standard and extended access-lists, Distribute-Lists, prefix lists and Route Maps.
- Experience with BIG-IP F5 load balancers, version 9.x, 10.x, 11.x, Citrix NetScaler & and Web Accelerators.
- Worked on F5 LTM, GTM series like 6400, 6800, 8800 for the corporate applications.
- Strong background in mathematics and have very good analytical and problem-solving skills.
Protocols: RIP, RIP V2, EIGRP, OSPF, IGRP, HSRP, VRRP, GLBP, LACP PAGP, DNS, SMTP, SNMP, FTP, LDP/TDP, WLAN, 802.11/802.11 e, WEP,WCCP POP3, LADP, Juniper radius.
LAN Technologies: Cisco series 1200 Aironet Access Points, Juniper Routers, VLAN, Trucking, VTP, STP, MST, RSTP, Port Mirroring, Ether channel (PAGP & LACP, load balancing), Optimizing STP (Port fast, Uplink fast, Backbone fast, Root Guard, BPDU Guard), 802.1Q-in-Q Tunneling, Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g/n).
WAN Technologies: Frame Relay, ISDN, PPP, Leases Lines, Cable modem, DS1, DS3, T1, T3.
Network Products: CISCO Routers 1700, 1800, 2500, 2600, 2800, 2851. CISCO High End Routers 3600, 3800, 7200. CISCO Switches 1900, 2950, 2950, 2960G. Switches 550XL, 4948 Core Catalyst 4507 RE, 6509, 3650, 3750, 3850, 2960, Nexus 2K, 5K and 7K, Cisco PIX 500 series, Cisco ASA 5500 series, Juniper Routers.
Network Management Tools: Whatsup Gold, HP Open view, Cisco WAN Manager, Cisco works 2000, solar winds
Authentication RADIUS, TACACS+, digital certificates.
Monitoring Tools: Wire shark, HP Open View, CSM ASDM, Infoblox IPAM.
Operating Systems: Windows 2003/2008 server, Windows XP/7, LINUX, Solaris.
Firewalls: Checkpoint, Juniper (Net screen), Cisco FWSM-Pix/ASA-IOS, IBM-MX.
Servers: Domain Servers, DNS Servers, WINS Servers, Mail Servers, Proxy servers, Print Servers, Application Servers, FTP Servers.
Remote Access: IP Sec VPN, VPN, Remote/Secure client, Site to site VPN, tunneling.
Programming: Python, HTML,SQL.
Confidential -Louisville, KY
Sr Network Engineer
- Performed network engineering, design, planning (WAN & LAN) & implementation. Studied single point failures & designed WAN structure in such a way that there are no failures in network in case of any device or link failure.
- Configured and designed LAN networks with Access layer switches such as Cisco 4510, 4948, 4507 switches.
- Dealt with implementation of deployment related to Palo Alto 5050, 3020, Cisco ASA 5500 devices, Juniper SRX 650 device and Dell Sonic Wall SRA 4200 & NSA E5500 to apply security policies on it.
- Configured IPsec tunnels with Palo Alto to enable secure transport and cloud based/site-site VPN to multi-vendor firewalls. Experienced in configuring both policies based and route-based site to site VPNs between Palo Alto and Juniper SRX.
- Configured ACLs in Cisco 5540 ASA firewall for Internet Access requests for servers, Protocol Handling, Object Grouping and NAT.
- Worked with Palo Alto firewalls PA5050, PA3020, performing changes to monitor/ block/ allow the traffic on the firewall.
- Expertise in Palo Alto firewalls PA-5250, PA-5060 using Panorama, performing changes to enable security to the traffic on the firewall.
- Migrated Cisco ASA Firewalls to Palo Alto Firewalls and Installed Palo Alto PA 5250,5060 firewalls to protect Data Center and maintained IPSec and SSL VPNs on Palo Alto Firewalls.
- Configuration of firewall (Palo Alto) security policies, Global Protect VPN, URL filtering, Data filtering and file blocking.
- Supported integration of Riverbed Steelhead-7050 and Interceptor-9350 optimizer appliances into Nexus platforms in Data Centers.
- Analyzing and correlating logs from firewalls, servers, IDS/IPS, and other network devices.
- Deployment and management of Cisco routing, switching, firewall, and IPS/IDS platforms. Monitor Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) console for active alerts and determine priority of response.
- Configured and did the troubleshooting in IPsec VPN tunnels, Security policies, NATs, QoS, Policy based forwarding, Application-Override, Dos Protection, Static routes.
- Experience with Firewall Administration, Rule Analysis, and Rule Modification and project implementations.
- Performed Configuration changes on BIG IP (F5) Load balancers and monitored the Packet Flow in the load balancers.
- Responsible for general troubleshooting of the F5 load balancers. Extensive knowledge of load balancing technology including health check options, iRules implementation and licensing F5 Big-IP load balancer devices.
- Completed configurations on the F5 Big-IP LTMs and GTM load balancer on existing network to split traffic on web-servers.
- Modified internal infrastructure by adding switches to support server farms and added servers to existing DMZ environments to support new and existing application platforms.
- Worked on networking devices such as Routers, Switches, Firewalls, WAN Optimizers and Wireless Devices (Controllers and Access Points).
- Adept at configuring and troubleshooting of VPC on Nexus 7Ks, 5Ks and VDC on NX7Ks.Hardware knowledge of various line cards in Nexus 7Ks and 5Ks.
- Deployment of OSPF, EIGRP, BGP and Policy routing over Cisco Routers, Switches (Nexus 7Ks, Catalyst 6500).
- Experience in installation, configuration and maintenance of Cisco ASR 9K, 7200, 3900, 2800, 2600, 2500 and 1800 series Router / Cisco Nexus 7010, 5548, 2148 Catalyst Cisco 6500 (sup 720), 4500 (SUP 6), 3750, 2950 series Switches.
- Worked on Migration projects involving the refresh of devices from Cisco to Juniper in the network infrastructure.
- Implemented redundancy with HSRP, VRRP, GLBP, and Ether channel technology (LACP, PagP).
- Implemented traffic filters using Standard and Extended access-lists, Distribute-Lists, Route Maps and route manipulation using Offset-list.
- Configured site-to-site VPN connections (IPSec/GRE tunnels, DMVPN) to support diverse network connections to extranet clients.
- Deployed the Cisco 3500 Access Points using Cisco Wireless controllers 5500 and 2500 and WCS System.
- Hands on Experience with Cisco Wireless Controllers 5500's and 2500's and coming to access points, worked on 3700's, 3500's and 1142 access points.
- Hands on experience in using various Network Monitoring and Packet Sniffing tools. Experience in installing and configuring DNS, DHCP server.
- Performed network monitoring, providing analysis using various tools like Wireshark, Solar winds, Cisco Prime within environment.
- Implemented network management, monitoring Cisco Prime Infrastructure for both the wired and wireless network.
- Experience in technical documentation of MOPS, Project handoff documents and Visio Drawings.
- Provided Quality Assurance and Risk Assessments for firewall policies and UTM features (including IDS/IPS and web filtering) on legacy Checkpoint firewalls and FortiGate's.
- Utilized Forti Manager, Forti client and Forti Analyzer to maintain and optimize FortiGate firewalls.
- Responsible for Firewall policy provisioning on Fortinet Fort iGATE appliances using Forti Manager.
- Implemented and managed for various security zones and zone-based policy provisioning on Fortinet firewalls through Forti managers. Configured the new firewalls using the previously saved configurations of the FortiGate.
Environment: LAN, WAN, NAT, VLAN, VTP, HSRP, VRRP, GLBP, and Ether channel technology, Nexus 7Ks and 5Ks, Inter-VLAN routing & Multi-Layer Switching, Access points 3700's, 3500's, 1142, Cisco ASR 9K, 7200, 3900, 2800, 2600, 2500 and 1800 series Router / Cisco Nexus 7010, 5548, 2148 Catalyst Cisco 6500 (sup 720), 4500 (SUP 6), 3750, 2950 series Switches, Juniper SRX.
Confidential, EL Segundo, CA
- Configured ASA 5500-X Series firewalls to provide highly secure and high-performance connectivity between the site locations.
- Experience in maintenance and troubleshooting of connectivity problems using PING, Traceroute.
- Primarily responsible for managing the F5 Load balancer infrastructure of the client environment with
- Planning and implementation of Subnetting VLSM to conserve IP addresses.
- Experience in configuring STP for loop prevention and VTP for Inter-VLAN Routing.
- Configuration and troubleshooting of EIGRP, OSPF, and BGP.
- Configuration of Standard and Extended ACLs for Security.
- Provide technical assistance for LAN/WAN management and complex customer issues.
- Work on PIX firewalls to build ACL rules for extranet connectivity and implement rules on corporate firewalls.
- Monitored logs for issues.
- Configured and troubleshoot Nexus 5k and 7k series.
- Configure, add and deploy Cisco Meraki appliances (from ap to routers) to warehouses and stores.
- Experience working on F5 LTM NATs /SNATs and I Rules.
- Responsible for managing the TFTP logs for VPN and firewall services.
- Troubleshoot VPN tunnel issues like SA, RSA, and ISAKMP encryption and cleared/refresh VPN tunnel issues.
- Perform IOS upgrades on Catalyst 6500, 3550, 2950, 1900 switches, and 3600, 2600 and 2500 routers.
- Implement and configure routing protocols like EIGRP, OSPF, BGP and troubleshoot related issues.
- Assist and troubleshoot Cisco Meraki solutions remotely including 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wireless networks, Stateful firewall, VLAN to VLAN routing, Link bonding / failover, 3G / 4G failover, Traffic shaping / prioritization, WAN.
- Monitor, manage and troubleshoot the network using Network Monitoring tools.
- Implement Network Security with Cisco IOS Feature Set, NAT, and Simple Network Management Protocol.
- Involved in installing and configuring PIX 515E firewall.
- Fortinet SME Migration from other firewall platforms (Cisco, Juniper, CheckPoint) to Fortinet
- FortiGate Support and Configuration
- FortiManager Support and Configuration
- FortiAnalyzer Support and Configuration
- Deal with DNS, DHCP troubleshooting and other IP conflict problems.
- Expertise in configuring, maintaining and troubleshooting Cisco UCS B-series and C-series servers.
- Implementation of name resolution using WINS & DNS in TCP/IP environment.
- Installation of Windows 2003 & 2008 on Servers using VMware Virtualization software.
- Prepare the technical documentation using Microsoft Visio/Microsoft Office.
Environment: Cisco routers 3700, 3800, 7200, 7604, Cisco catalyst series Switches 2960, 3750, 3560, 6500, Nexus 5k, F5 Networks, Nexus 7k, Frame Relay, Cisco UCS, Fabric interconnects, VRF, DSLAM, RIPv2, OSPF, BGP, IPSEC, VLAN, STP, VTP, HSRP.
Confidential - Tyler, TX
- Design and implement complete network and device required to connect different networks.
- Design, configure, and administer Juniper MX routers, SRX Firewalls, Cisco routers & switches.
- Worked on MX-80, MX-480, SRX-100, SRX-110, SRX-550 and EX-4200 Juniper devices.
- Design and configuring of OSPF, BGP on Juniper Router and SRX Firewalls.
- Configuration and management of network routers (Cisco 6500, 7K; Juniper MX 480) and switches (Cisco 3850, 3750X, 3750, 3550; Juniper EX, 4200,4300).
- Configure, add and deploy Cisco Meraki MX appliances. Pushed firmware updates for switches, appliances, and access points.
- Worked with Aruba Access point as a Public Wi-Fi and successfully implemented Wireless Access Point (WAP).
- Assisted in MPLS migrations, implemented a backup for the existing WAN connection using site-to-site IP sec VPN tunnels.
- Configuring routing protocols OSPF, EIGRP, RIP, MPBGP, LDP and BGPV4.
- Worked on the Cisco ASR 9010 and Cisco ASR 9912 Routers at CORE level.
- Managed VPN, IPSec, Endpoint-Security, status policy, and Application control, IPS, Monitoring, Anti-Spam, Smart Provisioning and DLP using ASA Firewalls.
- Enabling context-based controls and the ability to filter web content using source fire.
- Experience in Cisco switches and routers: IP addressing, WAN configurations, LAN cabling in compliance with CAT6 standards.
- Configuration and troubleshooting link state protocols like OSPF in multiple areas.
- Configured HSRP and VLAN trunking 802.1Q, VLAN Routing on Catalyst 6500 switches.
- Experience in trouble shooting STP (Spanning tree protocol), & Switch Trunk and IP subnet issues.
- Designed VLAN's and VTP topology, troubleshooting IP addressing issues and Updating IOS images.
- Implementing, configuring, and troubleshooting various routing protocols like EIGRP, OSPF, and BGP.
- Involved incomplete LAN, WAN, Extranet redesign (including IP address planning, designing, installation, pre-configuration of network equipment, testing, and maintenance) in both Campus and Branch networks.
- Responsible for Cisco ASA firewall administration, rule analysis & modification.
- Configured VPN, ACL, and NAT in the Cisco ASA 5550 firewall to allow only authorized users to access the servers of the internal network.
- Designed and deployed enterprise PKI server with regional subordinates and deployed same into production network in conjunction with Cisco ISE project.
- Implementation of Site-to-Site VPNs and DMVPN over the internet using IKE Phase 1 and IKE Phase 2 based on traffic with ASA 5500 series Firewalls.
- Involved in the redistribution into OSPF on the core ASA firewall.
- Implemented Access Control List (ACL) on inside and outside interfaces of Firewall.
- Configuring and implementing F5 BIG-IP, LTM, GTM load balancers to maintain global and local traffic.
Environment: Cisco switches - 2948/3560/4500/3560/3750/3550/3500/ and Cisco routers -1200/3640/7200/3845/3600/2800, Cisco Nexus 7K/5K, Cisco ASA 500, Cisco ISE, F5 BIGIP LTM RIP, OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, LAN, WAN, VPN, HSRP, SDN, VMware.
Confidential - Dallas, TX
- Responsible for daily troubleshooting, support, maintenance and management of network infrastructure.
- Involved in the activity of DATA-Center migration of regular Cisco catalyst switches with the new Nexus 2148, 2224T, 5548, 6018, 7010 using F3/M3 line-cards with 10GE & 40GE interfaces and Supervisor 2E.
- Help the Lead engineer in performing the racking, configuring the Nexus switches like 7000, 5000 and 2000 series in the Data Center Environment.
- As part of Data Center fabric remediation/refresh project, deployed Cisco Nexus switches and implemented features like FEX Links, VPC, VDC, and Fabric Path.
- Worked extensively in Configuring, Monitoring and Troubleshooting Cisco's ASA 5500 with ACL, NAT, Object Groups, Failover, Multi-Contexts.
- Good understanding of Panaroma, which is a centralized management for multiple Palo Alto Firewalls. Configuration of Palo Alto firewalls in High Availability.
- Configuring EIGRP and BGP in routers.
- Good understanding of Wildfire and creating various policies on Palo Alto (PA 5050, PA 500).
- Configured and deployed VPC between Nexus 7010 and Nexus 5596, 5548 switches along with FEX 2248.
- Experience with migrating from Cisco ASA 8.2 version to Cisco ASA 8.4 Version.
- Involved in Replacement of FPCs, PICs on Juniper M320 and T640 router.
- Working knowledge of SNMP, SNMP Traps and Syslog.
- Migration of existing IPSEC VPN tunnels from one Data Center to another Data Center, due to decom of existing Data
- Center, which involved working with Partner Companies.
- Provided high level of security to the network by installing ASA 5510 along with ACLs.
- Designed and implemented DMZ for Web servers, Mail servers & FTP Servers using Cisco ASA 5500 Firewalls.
- Migration with both Checkpoint and Cisco ASA VPN (Checkpoint R75.30 to Gaia R77.30 GA version).
- Installation and troubleshooting of company's WIFI network with added security and Cisco VOIP.
- Troubleshoot the network problems related to DHCP IP Address scheme.
- Worked on installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of LAN/WAN (ISDN, MPLS, NAT, DHCP, TCP/IP).
- Implementing traffic engineering on top of an existing Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) network using Frame Relay and Open Shortest Path First (OSPF).
- Configured network access servers and routers for AAA Security (RADIUS/ TACACS+).
- Creating Private VLANs & preventing VLAN hopping attacks & mitigating spoofing with snooping & IP source guard.
- Performed Security operations in terms of pushing new policies and deploying new rules. Performing security troubleshooting in terms of checking ACLs, ACEs, and traffic flow analysis using packet capture features.
- Performed load balancing and application level redundancy by deploying F5 BIG-IP LTM 6500.
- Experience with BIG-IP F5 load balancers, version 9.x, 10.x, 11.x, Citrix NetScaler & and Web Accelerators.
- Involved in the configuration and maintenance of IPsec Site-Site VPN.
- Used to be responsible for resolving the service request tickets from the help desk, which involved in providing entire technical support.
- Thoroughly document and diagram network solutions, configurations, and break/fix steps.
- In corporate network security recommendations into the design of the network to protect Microsoft "information assets".
- Responsible for special functions as directed by management and other duties as assigned.
Environment: Cisco 2600, 2800, 3660, 3845, 7609 series routers; Cisco 2960, 3560, 4510, 4507, 6509 catalyst switches; Nexus devices 5548, 5596, 7010; Juniper routers M 3200, TX 640; Cisco ASA 5500 firewalls; PA 3020, PA 5050, PA 500; Load Balancer BIG-IP F5 LTM 6500.
Junior Network Engineer
- Work on different networking concepts and routing protocols like BGP, EIGRP, OSPF and other LAN/WAN technologies.
- Cisco Level3 operations support with hardware operations - fixed all problems & RMA’s, taking any escalations that dealt with the equipment and its connection: interfaces, VLAN’s, routes, etc.
- Installation and Configuration of Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers on Branch ISR G2 Service Ready Engines (SRE) and Virtual Wireless LAN Controllers for Central Office Infrastructure.
- Developed an addressing scheme and deployed these subnets across two carriers/routers using BGPv6.
- Implemented and configured BGP, BGPv6, using policy route-maps, prefix list to regulate advertise routes from specified Autonomous Systems.
- Good knowledge in using Cisco NAC Agent and ISE appliances for connecting Internet.
- Troubleshoot connectivity issues involving VLAN's, OSPF, and QoS.
- Implemented security policies using ACL, Firewall, IPSEC, SSL, VPN, IPS/IDS, AAA (TACACS+ & RADIUS).
- Configured and troubleshooting BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, MPLS WAN, QoS and Route Maps.
- Configuring Site-Site VPN on Check-point Firewall with R77 GAIA.
- Specializing in voice and data network administration and troubleshooting. Experienced problem solver competent in customer service and team management.
- Support remote office WAN, PFR & DMVPN technologies.
- Installation and configuration of Citrix access gateway.
- Involved in a project for a re-design of the LAN network (Cisco Catalyst 2960 and Nexus 5000 switches) and the virtualization of some systems.
Environment: In Corporate office architecture with highly reliable & secured network including Cisco routers (7200,3800,2800), Cisco switches (3560,3650,2900), Nexus 5000, Cisco ASA Firewall (5500), Palo Alto Networks, Check-Point Firewalls, Routing Protocols (EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, MPLS), Switching protocols (VTP, STP, HSRP).