- Around 8 years of experience in IT industry with major focus on Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, OpenStack, DevOps, Linux System Administration using CloudFormation templates, Software Configuration and Build/Release Management using tools like Git, Jenkins, Maven, Ant, Chef, Docker etc.
- Expertise in AWS Services like EC2 , IAM , Subnets , VPC , Cloud Formation , Glacier , Block Storage , AMI , S3 , SNS , SES , RedShift , Cloud Watch , SQS , Route53 , CloudTrail , Lambda, Kinesis and RDS and obtaining High Availability and Fault Tolerance for AWS EC2 instances utilizing the services like Elastic IP , EBS and ELB .
- Expertise in Azure Development and worked on Azure web application, App services, Azure storage , Azure SQL Database, Azure Virtual Machines , Azure AD , Azure search, Azure DNS , Azure VPN Gateway, and Notification hub.
- Experience in Azure IaaS , PaaS, Provisioning VM's, Virtual Hard disks, Virtual Networks, Deploying Web Apps and creating Web - Jobs, Azure Cosmos DB, Active Directory, Azure Windows server, Microsoft SQL Server , Microsoft Visual Studio, Windows PowerShell, Cloud infrastructure.
- Experience in Azure Platform Development, Deployment Concepts., hosted Cloud Services, platform service and close interface with Windows Azure Multi-factor Authentications Continuing architectural changes to move software system offerings to a distributed, service-based architecture; utilizing Docker / Kubernetes technologies.
- Well versed in scalable and highly available Domain Name System (DNS), to route traffic to AWS Cloud from users connected using AWS Direct Connect for larger deployments.
- Experience on Python Boto framework and CloudFormation to automate AWS environment creation along with the ability to deployment on AWS, using build scripts (AWS CLI) and automate solutions using Shell and Python.
- Knowledge on SaaS , PaaS and IaaS concepts of cloud computing architecture and Implementation using AWS , OpenStack, OpenShift, Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) and Azure .
- Expertise in integrating Terraform with Ansible , Packer to create and Version the AWS Infrastructure , designing, automating, implementing and sustainment of Amazon machine images ( AMI ) across the AWS Cloud environment.
- Experienced in OpenShift platform in managing Docker Containers, Kubernetes Clusters , and Mesos and implemented a production ready, load balanced, highly available, fault tolerant Kubernetes infrastructure and created Jenkins jobs to deploy applications to Kubernetes Cluster .
- Experience with Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Kubernetes architecture and design, troubleshooting issues with platform components (PCF), and developing global or multi-regional deployment models and patterns for large-scale developments and deployments on Cloud Foundry, OpenShift and Kubernetes.
- Expertise in integrating Docker container-based test infrastructure to Jenkins CI test flow and set up build environment integrating with Git and Jira to trigger builds using Web-Hooks and Slave Machines which involved in POC on Docker and used Docker registry, Docker-compose, Links, Docker bridge.
- Experience in setting up Kubernetes (k8s) Clusters for running microservices and Pushed microservices into production with Kubernetes backed Infrastructure. Development of automation of Kubernetes clusters via playbooks in Ansible.
- Hands-on experience in implementing Ansible and Ansible Tower as Configuration management tool, to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploys critical applications, and proactively manage change by writing Python code by using Ansible Python API to automate Cloud Deployment Process.
- Experience in designing and implementing Chef, including the internal best practices, cookbooks, automated cookbook CI and CD system. Made use of Jenkins for Chef CI, and Rake for style.
- Strongly proficient in Build and release of Cloud based products containing Linux and Windows environments, using Power Shell, TFS and Python Scripting and in oriented application using Java and scripting languages like Shell Scripting (Ksh, Bash), Ruby, PHP PERL scripts to totally automate AWS services.
- Proficient in managing the source code control of multiple development efforts using, Subversion ( SVN ), GIT , Bit bucket and Knowledge on TFS ( Team Foundation Server ) and CVS.
- Experienced in authoring pom.xml, build.xml files performing releases with the Maven , ANT release plugin, and managing artifacts in sonatype NEXUS , JFrog Artifactory .
- Skilled in monitoring servers using Nagios , Splunk , Sumo Logic , ELK , AppDynamics , New Relic , CloudWatch and Zabbix for Resource Monitoring, Network Monitoring and Log Trace Monitoring .
- Experience Atlassian tools JIRA , Confluence , Bitbucket , Bamboo for defect management, team collaboration, source code management and continuous integration and deployment practices.
- Experience in using web servers like Apache HTTP and Tomcat , Nginx , IIS and application servers like IBM WebSphere , Oracle WebLogic and JBOSS for deployment.
- Experience in Installation, configuration, and management of RDBMS MySQL , DB2 and NoSQL tools PostgreSQL , Cassandra, and MongoDB .
- Experience in configuring and maintaining virtual server environment using VMware ESX/ESXi , vCenter , vSphere , Vagrant .
Cloud: AWS, OpenStack, Azure, PCF.
Configuration Management: CHEF, PUPPET, ANSIBLE.
Build Tools: ANT, MAVEN
Container Tools: Docker, Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, OpenShift, Mesos
Version Control Tools: GIT, CVS, SVN, Bit Bucket.
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Splunk, ELK, Cloud watch
Scripting: Bash/Shell, Perl, Python, Ruby, Java, power shell, Jason, YAML, Groovy
Databases: My SQL, MS Access, Oracle 9i/10g/11g, DB2, MongoDB, DynamoDB
Application Servers: WebLogic 9.x/10.x, WebSphere 6.x/7.x/8.x, JBOSS 4.1
Web Servers: Apache HTTP, Nginx, Apache TOMCAT
Networking: DNS, DHCP, SMTP, HTTP, SNMP
IDE Tools: ECLIPSE IDE, NETBEANS
Operating Systems: Linux (Red Hat 4/5/6/7), UBUNTU, UNIX, WINDOWS NT/2000/2003/XP/VISTA/7/8/10.
Virtualization Tech: VMware vSphere, ESXi 5.x/4.x, ESX /3.x VMware Workstation, Oracle Virtual box
CI/CD Tools: Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
Sr. DevOps/ Cloud Engineer.
- Good experience in AWS provisioning and used AWS services like EC2, S3, Route 53 , CloudFormation, Elastic Bean Stalk, VPC, EBS etc., Knowledge of application deployment and data migration on AWS.
- Implemented various resources in Azure using Azure Portal, PowerShell on Azure Resource Manager deployment models. Experience deploying Infrastructure as Code applications using ARM Templates (JSON).
- Involved on migrating SQL Server databases to SQL Azure Database using SQL Azure Migration Wizard and used Python API to upload agent logs into Azure blob storage.
- Worked with Terraform Templates to automate the Azure Iaas virtual machines using terraform modules and deployed virtual machine scale sets in production environment and created Terraform templates for provisioning virtual networks, subnets, VM Scale sets, Load balancers and NAT rules and used Terraform graph to visualize execution plan using the graph command.
- Configured and deployed Azure Automation Scripts for a multitude of applications utilizing the Azure stack for Compute, Web and Mobile, Blobs, Resource Groups, Azure Data Lake , HDInsight Clusters, Azure Data Factory , Azure SQL , Cloud Services, and ARM Services and utilities focusing on Automation.
- Implemented Enterprise Integration architecture using Azure ServiceBus , AppServices , Active Directory , Storage, hybrid connection manager, active directory authentication for Azure SQL server and other offerings by Azure .
- Configured Azure Virtual Networks, subnets, DHCP address blocks, Azure network settings, DNS settings, security policies and routing. Also, deployed Azure IaaS virtual machines and Cloud services (PaaS role instances) into secure Virtual Networks and Subnets.
- Created Terraform scripts to launch the platform common services like CI/CD tool JENKINS , Configuration Management Tool Chef , Secrets management tool Vault.
- Used Ansible and Ansible Tower as configuration management tool, to automate repetitive tasks, deploy applications and manage changes and automate software update and Verify functionality.
- Written Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of Azure Nodes and Test Playbooks on Azure instances using Python SDK and Automated various infrastructure activities like continuous deployment, application server setup, stack monitoring using Ansible playbooks .
- Executed the automation from commit to deployment directly into Azure VM by implementing a CI/CD pipeline with the help of Jenkins and Chef . Setting up Chef Infra , bootstrapping nodes, creating and uploading recipes , node convergence in Chef SCM .
- Designed and implemented Chef internal best practices, cookbooks , automated cookbook CI and CD system. Made use of Jenkins for Chef CI, Thor for versioning, Berkshelf for dependency management, and Test-Kitchen for testing and development.
- Configured applications that run multi-container Docker applications by utilizing the Docker-Compose tool which uses a file configured in YAML format. Used Kubernetes to manage containerized applications using its nodes, Config-Maps, selector, Services and deployed application containers as Pods.
- Configured Kubernetes Replication controllers to allow multiple pods such as Jenkins master server in multiple minions. Managed Kubernetes charts using Helm , managed Kubernetes manifest files and created reproducible builds of the Kubernetes application.
- Implemented Micro-services using Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) platform build upon Spring Boot Services and created workflows on TeamCity for setting up automated pipelines for CI/CD with PCF .
- Involved in migrating on-premises to Azure and built Azure Disaster Recovery Environment and Azure Backups from scratch using PowerShell Scripts.
- Worked with Docker for convenient environment setup for development and testing. Installed Docker Registry for local upload and download of Docker images and even from Docker hub.
- Integrated Jenkins CI with GIT version control and implemented continuous build based on check-in for various cross functional applications and created GitHub WebHooks to setup triggers for commit, push, merge and pull request events.
- Configured Jenkins master with necessary plugins and slaves to support scalability and agility and configured Jenkins to implement nightly builds on daily basis and generated change log to include daily changes.
- Installed and configured ELK stack mode and pipelined application logs from App Server to Elastic search through Logstash .
- Maintained Splunk dashboards and associated charts, graphs, and drilldowns to enable managers, administrators, users and analysts to maximize the utility of the Splunk platform and applications.
- Supported infrastructure consisting of RHEL 4.x 5.x, 6.x, CentOS and Ubuntu 12.04 and 14.04 . Installation, configuration, administration of RHEL OS on Standalone servers using kickstart installation.
Confidential, Denver, CO.
- Created multiple VPC's and public/private subnets, Route tables, Route Tables Security groups and Elastic Load Balancer. To grant granular permissions to specific AWS Users, Groups, and Roles created IAM policies. Automating AWS deployment and configuration tasks using Lambda.
- Created AWS CloudFormation templates to create custom-sized VPC’s , subnets, EC2 instances, ELB , security groups. Worked on tagging standard for proper identification and ownership of EC2 instances and other AWS Services like Cloud Front, RDS, Route53, SQS, Cloud Trail and worked on Simple Storage Service (S3), Simple Notification Service (SNS) and CloudWatch .
- Involved in Architect, build and maintain Highly Available secure multi-zone AWS cloud infrastructure utilizing Chef with AWS CloudFormation and Jenkins for continuous integration. Adding Compute nodes into OpenStack cloud platform. Responsible for supporting and maintaining Openstack in a production environment operational cloud platform services such as auto-remediation and service status API's.
- Used RabbitMQ as OpenStack's message-passing pipeline which serves as both synchronous and asynchronous communications channel.
- Written Terraform templates, Chef cookbooks pushed them onto Chef for configuring EC2 Instance. Solved Gateway time issue on ELB and moved all the logs to S3 Bucket by using Terraform.
- Design and develop AWS cloud infrastructure utilizing Ansible with AWS CloudFormation and Jenkins for continuous integration with high availability and secure multi-zones and automated end-to-end transit hub connectivity resource deployment in AWS via Terraform.
- Virtualized the servers on AWS using the Docker , create the Docker files and version control to achieve Continuous Delivery goal on high scalable environment, used Docker coupled with load-balancing Nginx .
- Created Docker Swarm using Docker CLI to Orchestrate, schedule and deploy the services to Swarm and managed the Swarm behavior and created virtual networks to connect Docker containers across multiple hosts using Docker weave .
- Extensive experience in installing, configuring and administering Jenkins CI tool on Linux machines. Used Jenkins pipelines to drive all Microservices builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Docker Swarm, created Docker Service Stacks and managed them.
- Written Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS nodes and Tested Playbooks on AWS instances using Python. Run Ansible Scripts to Provide Dev Servers.
- Executed the automation from commit to deployment by implementing a CI/CD pipeline with the help of Jenkins and Chef . Setting up Chef Infra , bootstrapping nodes, creating and uploading recipes , node convergence in Chef SCM .
- Developed Chef Cookbooks, Recipes, Resources and Run lists, Managed Chef client nodes, and uploaded cookbooks to chef-server using AWS environment.
- Created Jenkins pipelines involving several Downstream/Upstream job configurations based on dependencies from other applications & based on Release methodologies. Version control system and project management on Git and JIRA.
- Implemented Jenkins as a full cycle continuous delivery tool involving package creation, distribution and deployment on to tomcat application servers via shell scripts embedded into Jenkins jobs
- Involved in migrating the application from Ant to Maven by analyzing the dependencies and creating the POMs to implement the build process using Maven.
- Assisted developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labelling/naming conventions using GIT source control.
- Developed tools using Python, Shell scripting, XML to automate some of the menial tasks. Interfacing with supervisors, artists, systems administrators and production to ensure production deadlines are met.
- Worked with Nagios for Windows Active Directory & LDAP and Data consolidation for LDAP users. Monitored system performance using Nagios, maintained Nagios servers and added new services & servers.
- Configured Performance Tuning and Monitoring for Cassandra Read and Write processes for fast I/O operations and low latency time.
- Involved in building and configuring Red Hat Linux Servers using Kickstart as required for the project. Maintained maximum uptime and maximum performance capacity for Enterprise Production, QA, UAT.
Environment: AWS, OpenStack, Docker, Docker Swarm, Ansible, Chef, Jenkins, Maven, GIT, Python, Shell Scripting, XML, Nagios, Splunk, Jira, Terraform.
Confidential, Pleasanton, CA.
- Worked on Amazon AWS Cloud Services, (EC2, S3, EBS, ELB, Cloud Watch, Elastic IP, RDS, SNS, SQS, Glacier, IAM, VPC, Cloud Formation, Route53) and managing security groups on AWS, focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling.
- Setup the Chef Infrastructure for the environment for software configurations management and Chef servers, chef work stations, chef nodes and involved in bootstrapping new infrastructure chef nodes.
- Setup and maintained automated environment using Chef Recipes within AWS environment. Good understanding of Knife, Chef Bootstrap process etc.
- Collaborated with development support teams to setup a continuous delivery environment with the use of build platform tool Docker and virtualize the servers using Docker, create the Docker file and version control.
- Providing continuous improvement to agile software development teams by working with Jenkins under the CI/CD pipeline. Integrated Ant, Nexus, Jenkins, SVN, Confluence and JIRA.
- Used Version Control tool, SVN to create branches and implement parallel development process. Implemented a GIT mirror for SVN repository, which enables users to use both GIT and SVN.
- Developed various Bash shell scripts and Perl to automate resource, job monitoring and alerting for automation of the build and release process. Developed custom solutions in C# and validate availability, consistency, and compliance with different environments.
- Created artifact documents through the source code and internal deployment in Nexus repository. Implemented Disaster recovery project on AWS using various DevOps automation for CI/CD.
- Built and managed a highly available monitoring infrastructure to monitor different application servers and its components using Nagios with Puppet automation. Involved in editing the existing ANT files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
- Involved in JIRA as defect tracking system and configure various workflows, customizations and plug-ins for JIRA bug/issue tracker, integrated Jenkins with JIRA, SVN.
- Performed SCM audits and provided reports on process and procedures in development, build and releases of the Projects as per internal proprietary defined standards and steps.
- Building & configuring RedHat Linux systems over the network, implementing automated tasks through crontab, resolving tickets per the priority basis.
- Collaborate with infrastructure team, software engineers, business analysts, and other company stakeholders assemble prerequisites and execute frameworks to meet business and technical objectives, SLAs, availability needs, and capacity requirements including high availability, farms/clusters, and disaster recovery.
Environment : AWS, Linux, Perl, Python, Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, PHP, Ruby, JIRA, GIT, Vagrant, SVN, Nexus, Nagios, JIRA, Java, ANT, RHEL 6.7/6.8/7.1/7.2, Bash Scripting, C#, PowerShell, NT Command Shell.
Confidential, Phoenix, AZ
Build & Release Engineer
- As member of Release Engineering group, redefined processes and implemented tools for software builds, patch creation, source control, and release tracking and reporting, on UNIX platform.
- Developing and maintaining the build environment, the source code control system and managing build packages using GIT and GIT Hub .
- For check in process used Tortoise SVN as a migration tool. Involved in migration of Bamboo server, Art factory, Perforce & GIT server .
- Worked on Branching, Tagging and Release Activities on Version Control Tools ( GIT ) and Setting up the GIT repos for Bamboo build jobs.
- Maintained multiple Modules in Puppet by converting production support scripts to Puppet Manifests to automate the configurations in servers.
- Administered Linux servers including server installation, network configuration, securing the system, repetitive task automation using Perl and Bash scripts, troubleshooting and hardware and software upgrades.
- Used bash , awk, sed and Perl to automate most of the daily activities like log monitoring, log rotation and purging, proactive systems monitoring including disk error detection. Maintained build related scripts developed in shell for ANT builds. Created and modified build configuration files including Build.xml .
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT as build tool in to move from one environment to other environments.
- Working closely with Web Administrators to understand, participate, and experience the technical architect for web sites such as Apache, JBoss, WebSphere, WebLogic and deploying J2EE Applications to these environments
Environment : Linux, Perl, Puppet, Bamboo, Nagios, PHP, Ruby, JIRA, GIT, Vagrant, SVN, Ant, PowerShell, NT Command Shell.
- Configuring and administering NFS, NIS and FTP with very good understanding of networking protocols such as TCP/IP, DNS . Knowledge on VPN , Switching and routing concepts.
- SAN, NAS and storage administration, with EMC Clarion & DMX storage, NetApp storage, Veritas Enterprise Vault Cloud, Veritas NetBackup, Veritas Cluster Management. Configured Sun Multi-Packs, Storage Arrays, T3's and SAN backup for disaster recovery.
- Linux Performance monitoring, kernel tuning, Load balancing, health checks and maintaining compliance with specifications.
- Administrated Servers in Linux and Windows environments. Installed, configured, and maintained web servers like HTTP Web Server, Apache Web Server, and WebSphere Application Server on Red Hat Linux .
- Extensively worked with Active Directory Services, IIS Servers, DNS , and DHCP . Configured Firewall and security using SSL , IP chains , IP tables, TCP Wrappers, Tripwire, and port scanners.
- Performed Administrative and Management tasks using shell Scripts written in Bash , Python , C Shell and CRON tab in Linux to automate the tasks.
- Implemented SSH for secure transfers and implementation of PKI between servers to enable password less logins between servers.
- Experience in installing, integrating, tuning and troubleshooting Apache and WebLogic application server. Supported developers for Java based Web Applications.
- Experienced in setup and maintained Load Balancers like F5. TCP/IP fundamentals DNS , FTP , LDAP , Remote Access, Security Management, System Troubleshooting skills, Package management using RPM , YUM and UP2DATE in Red Hat Linux.
Environment : RedHat Linux, HTTP, Apache Web Server, Java, WebSphere Application, Active Directory, IIS, Python, Bash, SSH, TCP/IP, FTP, LDAP, RPM, YUM.
- Administered RedHat Enterprise Linux , OEL 6.x , and Solaris 9 Servers by testing, tuning, upgrading, patching, and troubleshooting both physical & virtual server problems.
- Prepared the environment for deployment of Windows Server 2003. Install, configure and troubleshoot Windows Server 2003.Configured NIS , NFS , send mail on Linux and administering NFS Mounts
- Installation, maintenance, and regular upgrades of Red Hat Linux Servers using kickstart based network installation.
- Configured Proxy Server (Squid), DNS , FTP and DHCP servers on Red Hat Enterprise Linux. Configuring and maintaining system securities using IPTABLES
Environment : RedHat Linux 6.x, OEL 6.x, Solaris 9, Windows Server 2003, NIS, NFS, DNS, FTP, DHCP, VNC, SSH.