CONFIDENTIAL, Washington, DC
Senior IT Specialist (Network Engineer)
- Responsible for support of the daily operation and support of the facility cable plant and all associated access equipment which includes Switches, Routers, Firewalls, VPN Appliances, Enterprise Wireless, Load Balancers, Video Teleconference equipment, and Security Appliances.
- Performs technical analysis and administration tasks which include: configure, document, test and install cable plant equipment and software; install hardware/software/firmware upgrades, system patches; provide troubleshooting, fault isolation, preventive maintenance and repair of equipment, technical support and problem - solving; and administer equipment maintenance contracts and equipment inventory.
- Leads staff in accomplishing tasks in all areas of networking and security in a project management capacity.
- Responsible for third level problem resolution of issues that may impact critical internal or external business functions.
- Responsible for installation, configuration, and maintenance for all BIG-IP F5 load balancers deployed in HA pairs.
- Works closely with developers gathering requirements and assisting with deployment of new internal and external customer facing applications across multiple F5 LTM deployments.
- Responsible for traffic engineering of incoming connections through the use of i-rules
- Instrumental in migrating all HTTP web sites to SSL by utilizing the F5’s SSL offloading capabilities in response to 2016 government HTTPS-Only Standard Directive.
- Responsible for deploying custom application monitors across F5 deployments and establishing automated email notifications in response to critical application failures utilizing SNMP traps and SolarWinds Orion NPM.
- F5 BIG-IP SME for hybrid cloud, VDI connectivity, and website load balancing strategies
Confidential , Marlton, NJ
Senior Network Engineer
- Responsible for the management, upgrades, and administration of the following Cisco IP Telephony solutions:
- Unity Voice Mail System version 7.0 and Unity Connection 8.6 Call Manager version 7.0 and CUCM 8.6 Cisco Unified Contact Center Express Premium version 7.0 and 8.5
- Responsible for the integration of IVR system with Cisco UCCX.
- Responsible for programming of Call Center scripts and voice gateways at both primary and secondary call centers to provide optimal call routing.
- Responsible for management and support of Cisco Video Conferencing solutions across multiple locations consisting of C20 and C40 codecs, VCS Control, VCS Expressway, Cisco TMS, Jabber Video clients, and 5310 Codian Bridge.
- Responsible for creation of monthly call reports both custom and out of the box used for call center man power forecasting.
- Responsible for disaster recovery planning and testing of corporate voice and data network across multiple corporate locations.
- Works directly with Senior Security Architect to assure that network design and maintenance adhere to corporate security policies. Responsible for performing internal security audits and recommending changes to existing security policies where applicable. Also instrumental in assisting with quarterly external security audits by 3rd party provider assuring PCI and FIPS compliance across the corporate network.
- Responsible for management of all outside vendor relationships and contract negotiations pertaining to corporate voice and data networks.
- Responsible for all facets of network management utilizing Cisco Works and HP Openview for software inventory, hardware inventory, change management, fault notification, and the management of all service contracts across multiple corporate locations.
- Responsible for supervising junior level voice and data engineers.
Network Design Engineer III
- Responsible for analyzing and supporting customer local and wide area networks across North America, South America, and Europe.
- Responsible for resolving interoperability issues across all application platforms including e-mail, file transfer, multimedia, and teleconferencing systems.
- Managed acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.
- Responsible for recommending technical solutions for a wide range of difficult WAN/LAN problems across financial, wholesale, government, and healthcare industries.
- Technical lead for specific customer programs and projects.
- Responsible for customer IMACs.
- Responsible for analyzing customer network performance trends via monthly Concord eHealth Reports and making recommendations to improve performance.
Confidential, Princeton, NJ
Information Technology Manager
- Developed, implemented, and supported the Information Technology infrastructure for voice and data networks utilizing Cisco Unified Communications solutions.
- Managed IT budget and responsible for all hardware and software purchases.
- Established corporate IT security policies for network, Internet, and email access.
- Established vendor relationships and contract negotiations related to Information Technology.
- Administered corporate firewall running RedHat Linux 6.2.
- Developed corporate Disaster Recovery Plan.
- Responsible for corporate wireless network and wireless security policy.
- Responsible for administration of internal trouble ticket system and knowledgebase system.
- Provided automated backup procedures for mixed UNIX/Windows environment.
- Configured and installed network scanning tools to monitor network utilization and performance.
- Provided technical leadership and guidance to Junior System Administrator.
Confidential, Princeton, NJ
Information Technology Manager
- Gathered feedback from department managers, analyzed departmental needs, and implemented IT solutions that met and/or exceeded departmental requirements.
- Provided oversight to the maintenance and day-to-day operations hardware, mission critical software, and data communications by minimizing system downtime and maximizing system performance for the following technologies:
- Maintained end user hardware plus satisfied requests for productivity enhancing components.
- Installed, maintained, and upgraded software for remote sales force PC’s and networked applications.
- Managed the maintenance and administration of company software applications.
- Spearheaded the development of technical specifications, implementation, and deployment of company-centric software for internal use.
- Provided oversight for quality control and testing of internal applications.
- Responsible for company Disaster Recovery plan.
- Managed all vendor relationships and contracts pertaining to the company voice and data network.
- Responsible for the administration and maintenance of both live and beta web site environments.
- Managed relationship with collocation vendor.
- Responsible for WAN connectivity plus all firewall to firewall VPN connections to B2B customers.
Network Services Manager
- Managed Team of Six IS personnel
- Interacted with department managers to assure that their business process requirements were being supported by IT infrastructure.
- Installed and maintained network HW/SW.
- Responsible for both voice and data networks spanning North America.
- Ensured that all company networks supported the information systems and were properly maintained plus monitored 24x7x365.
- Responsible for assuring that all end user issues were handled in timely manner.
- Provided weekly status reports to upper management on current staff projects as well as future projects in the IT pipeline.
Senior Network Administrator
- Supervised a team of six IT personnel.
- Evaluated and implemented new MIS technologies.
- Researched and implemented automated techniques to reduce TCO.
- Designed and Implemented a Virtual Private Network strategy consisting of fifteen remote sites across North America.
- Provided user administration in all operating environments.
- Responsible for integration of Windows NT and multi flavor UNIX environment.
- Supported company web site running Microsoft IIS.
Confidential . Laurel, NJ
Senior System Administrator
- Configured all new network hardware and software.
- Provided technical support for both company and customer development networks connected via Frame Relay WAN.
- MS Mail and Lotus CCMail administrator.
- Diagnosed LAN/WAN connectivity problems using IBM Netview6000.
- Administered Meridian Mail PBX phone system.
- Installed customer Windows NT Domains for both Test and Production environments.
- Configured WINS, Microsoft SMS, Microsoft SNA, TCP/IP, network printers using DLC protocol, Backup Exec, Windows NT 3.51 Server, SQL Server, Trust Relationships, WAN connectivity via Cisco Routers over Frame Relay.
- HP9000 and IBM AIX administrator.
- Monitored file system sizes, DNS tables, and resolved TCP/IP connectivity issues.
- Provided support to database administrators and development team.
- Supported Beta Test LAN for QA team local and remote.