PROJECT MANAGEMENT / FIELD ENGINEERING / TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS:
- Analytical and Investigative Skills
- Telecom SME
- Hands - on Cisco Networking Experience, Hardware Deployment, CCNA Training
- Logistics Management
- Process Development and Implementation
- Change Management
- Project Management and Coordination
- Quality Control and Quality Assurance
- Vendor Relationships
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Visio, Outlook, Sharepoint, Google Platform, Remedy/Salesforce
Confidential, Austin, TX
- Limited duration contract to update programming/configurations of Confidential 's statewide Confidential & Confidential phone systems in accordance with the new Texas state law regarding 911 dialing (Kari's Law)
- Conducted site surveys to determine current hardware/software of phone systems
- Developed a programming/configuration plan
- Conducted pilot/POC sites to confirm programming plan
- Developed a schedule for remote capable and travel only systems and locations
- Trained State network/telecom specialists to perform on site configurations where remote access was not possible
Confidential, Frisco, TX
IT Project Coordinator
- Network engineer working with Kellogg’s Foods IT department
- Built the network containers and VLANs to match their global network design, applied naming conventions in Data Management.
- Migrated the company’s North American IP address records from legacy method to the Infoblox platform via custom import templates.
- Built Global Smart Folders for fast navigation to primary networks and locations.
- Created user profiles and access rights/privs based upon IT support roles.
- Created user-setup and basic functions guides prior to turning over to the client’s internal support teams.
- Recruited and coordinated technicians to various IT deployment projects across North America
- Reviewed SOWs, interpreted low voltage voice, data, and paging blueprints for cabling and hardware design needs, translated through to field implementation
- Worked with vendors on BoMs, equipment quotes & purchase orders
- Instructed/managed technicians one on one or by groups via tech bridge
- Contributed to the creation of project status reports, invoice/accrual statements, project workbooks, forecasts, action plans, activity trackers, inventory control reports, risk management plans
- Worked with local (township, city, county) to obtain low voltage permits and manage inspections on new/remodel construction projects
- Deployed to the field as needed, as a field engineer or as Confidential representative on sales discovery visits and/or pilot project installations
- Consulted as a telecommunications SME with the Solutions department on new business opportunities
Confidential, Chaska, MN
- Project management of POS and security camera new/refresh projects
- Managed a proof of concept retail loss prevention/security project for Target Corp
- Traveled to Florida for pilot project new construction POS systems installation
Confidential, Tempe, AZ
- Followed the Confidential project to Insight after contract expired at Technisource
- Created Process and Procedure documentation for Confidential Site Survey.
- Worked with staffing vendor to create the proper skill-set profile for survey technicians, and conducted technician screenings prior to vendor hiring
- Collaborated with peer project managers to create a resource pool, identify/create market regions, and establish project-long and short-term rolling schedules
- Coordinated technician tools, software, and travel with admin personnel.
- Created and maintained tracking spreadsheets for site visits and technician deliverables.
- Worked with survey technicians guiding them through site surveys at Confidential locations, collecting data on all in-use voice/data equipment and Telco circuits.
- Performed QA on technician document deliverables and made corrections prior to uploading to customer’s SharePoint server; (MS Excel, Visio, Word, and required digital pictures)
- Conducted training sessions in a Live Meeting environment on performing in-depth legacy voice/data site surveys for Bank of America.
- Attended daily conference calls with EDS project management to discuss prior days’ activities, updating project milestones, and upcoming schedule
- Created Lessons Learned document at end of survey project
- Assisted other project leads during the Cisco VoIP site readiness and conversion phases of the projects
- Legacy voice subject matter expert for Confidential projects
Confidential, Frisco, TX
IT Project Coordinator / Field and Network Engineer
- Collaborated daily with our Confidential Business project management counterparts
- Coordinated travel for our W-2 and vendor engineers
- Procured materials and equipment, coordinated logistics to the field, kept inventory controlled
- Managed live conference bridges during cutover activities, controlled/filtered communications
- Provided 1st level of support for troubleshooting routers, switches, phones, circuits, horizontal cabling
- Escalated circuit issues with appropriate carriers (LEC/ Confidential ), facilitated communications from NOC to field
IT Project Coordinator
- Telco subject matter expert for survey field technicians
- Coordinated travel through agencies
- Distributed software, tools, and hardware to the field engineers and techs
- Managed dozens of site visits weekly, first point of escalation for engineers
- Created detailed floorplans/blueprints in Visio based on tech sketches or crude drawings
- Reviewed, performed QA on 60 plus sets of survey documents each week
- Participated in milestone meetings throughout every business day
- Coast to coast travel, deployment of Cisco VoIP in Confidential branches and offices
- Trained new-hire regional deployment teams in dense market areas
Lead Voice Engineer
- Hired as lead voice engineer after meeting with Confidential and Confidential PMs during a local pilot project.
- Coast to coast deployment, rack and stack of Cisco routers, switches, and voice gateways
- Cisco engineering remote/smart hands; console commands, queries,
- Extended new circuits to MDF: DIDs, POTS, T1/PRI
- Deployed and tested Cisco VoIP 79xx sets/phones
- Conducted post installation test plans, worked with engineers to remedy conflicts
- Trained in new-hires to the deployment team as project ramped up
Confidential, Winsted, MN
Customer Service Technician
- Programmed orders for the 5ESS switch and Centigram voicemail, updated plant records/maps
- Maintained Central Office and remote equipment
- Installed NIDs and open/bond/ground buried copper drops and cables.
- Installed/Moved/Repaired residential/business T1’s, PRI’s, lines, and other special circuits.
- Certified in Confidential Norstar MICS 6.0 and Call Pilot 100/150 1.5
- Responsible for all local business PBX, voicemail, and paging system installs, changes, and repairs
- Installation of voice/data wiring for business and residential
- Installed/Repaired DSL from CO to customer's PC. Setup wired/wireless home networking
- Diagnosed/Repaired customer PC's and wireless home networks
Confidential, Saint Cloud, MN
Service Coordinator | Technician
- Responsible for day-to-day scheduling/dispatching of technicians for service and new-installs
- Contracted technicians/vendors for national accounts e.g.: Perkins Restaurants & U-Haul
- Service desk for MAC and repair of managed client networks
- Executed remote programming of Confidential Key, PBX, and Voicemail systems
Confidential, Golden Valley, MN
Journeyman Telephone Systems Technician
- Certified in Telrad Version 7.0 digital PBX systems software
- Installation, maintenance, and repair of Telrad telephone and voicemail systems
- Installation and certification of voice, data, and paging wiring
- Installation and configuration of paging systems