- Experience in Configuration, System Administration Installation and administration of CentOS, Rhel & Ubuntu.
- Automating and managing applications using configuration Management Tool Puppet.
- Proficient in creating, maintaining and versioning puppet manifests and modules to operate system operations and applications.
- Shared knowledge sessions across teams to leverage capabilities of puppet DSL, ERB templating system and Hiera.
- Experience working with all aspects of software development life cycle (SDLC) such as Analysis, Planning, Development, Testing and Implementation.
- Create and maintain fully automated CI/CD pipelines for code deployment and RPM builds using Jenkins to reduce human error and speed up production processes.
- Administration/Maintenance experiences for Jenkins including HA installation, backup, and hardening, with addition of Jenkins plug - in.
- Integrated Maven with Jenkins for the builds as the Continuous Integration process.
- Experience in Setup Jenkins distributed build and configure master and slaves.
- Automated nightly build, test, and reporting mechanisms using Jenkins.
- Expert in Installing, configuring and maintaining Application Servers.
- Experienced in Configuring and Monitoring using New Relic.
- Experience deploying and managing EC2 instances, Elastic Load balancer, VPC deployment and management and setting up of S3 bucket leveraging power of AWS.
- Experience with scripting in bash shell.
- Creating and maintaining user accounts, profiles, rights, disk space and process monitoring.
- Networking and Communication devices, Server Utilities, TCP/IP, FTP. Expert in Data center operations including hardware, software setup monitoring, troubleshooting on a 24x7 basis with Smart trouble ticketing Systems: Remedy and Jira.
- Experience working with Docker containers for portable deployment & rapid development with minimum run time requirements.
- Refining monitoring to ensure we have increased visibility using NewRelic and AWS cloudwatch.
- Experience with application porting to Kubernetes.
- Experience in leveraging (IAAS and PAAS) capabilities of public and private cloud.
- Writing Ansible playbooks and Roles as per requirement of applications and automation deliverables.
- Apply OS patches and upgrade and configure system software that supports enterprise infrastructure applications
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum Environments.
Database Servers: MySQL, Cassandra
Configuration Management: Open Source Puppet & Puppet Enterprise and Ansible
Orchestration tools:: Mcollective, Terraform, Kubernetes
Virtualization: VMware Esxi 5.1 & 5.5, vSphere, Vagrant, EC2
Webservers: Apache, Nginx
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Icinga and New Relic
Scripting: UNIX shell Scripting, BashCI/CD: Jenkins, Maven
Version Control System: GIT, Bit Bucket.
Containerization: Docker, Kubernetes (Container orchestration)
Load Balancer: Nginx, Haproxy & ELB
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
Senior DevOpS Engineer
- Providing L2/L3 Support for DEV, QA, UAT and Prod Environments for Internal and External customers.
- Configuring Nginx as load balancer for applications for internal & external customers.
- Securing applications at OS, Networking and Application level.
- Extension and maintenance of internal PAAS Platform for internal and external customers.
- OS installation, patching and maintenance for WSO2, Cassandra & Nginx Technologies hosted on RHEL 6 & RHEL7.
- Automating daily tasks using Puppet by writing manifests, modules, ERB templates and by writing Ansible playbooks.
- Application and OS patching for maintaining latest security standards.
- Configured, Administered Jenkins Master and slaves and respective plug-ins as per project requirement.
- Used Ansible paired with Jenkins for automation of CI/CD process.
- Creating Jenkins piplelines for CI/CD in order to reduce cycle time.
- Administration of Jenkins Masters and Slave servers including various Jenkins plugins to enhance CI/CD.
- Generating reports from hosted applications using Python Scripting.
- Installation, upgrading and maintenance of Datastax Cassandra database.
- Coordinating with monitoring, networking & dev teams to ensure maximum availability of service.
- Assisting developers how to leverage containerization and fast Vm deployment on local machines for easy code sharing and application testing.
- Dockerization of applications for container enabled rapid development and deployment with minimum run time requirements.
Confidential, San Jose, CA
Senior Linux Administrator
- Managing Physical servers & Virtual Machines for various environments for HLT, Engineering and Science Teams.
- Maintenance of physical GPU machines and various open source packages used for Computational research and Machine learning packages like Caffe, Cuda, Cudnn, tensorflow etc.
- Deploying Machine Translation models into Production developed by Science team manually and by using internal PAAS service.
- Managing LVM for extending storage for huge GPU processing & closely working with Storage team to resolve storage issues.
- Automated internal deployments using Puppet, Hiera on Openstatck based private cloud.
- Automating daily tasks using scripts.
- Configured Jenkins build pipelines using Jenkins master and slave architecture.
- Deploying immutable infrastructure using Terraform.
- Installed & configured VMware Esxi 5.5, vSphere for Virtual guest provisioning and management.
- Tested applications requiring GPU support on Amazon cloud for performance analysis.
- Worked with Storage team to setup high speed SAN mounts for the development clusters.
- Providing L2 support for 250+ servers.
- Coordinating with L1 team to resolve the issues.
- Monitored day to day system administrator’s activities which includes performance monitoring, tuning, disk space issues, Network related issues & user management issues.
- Working with senior administrators and developers to troubleshoot the core issues.
- MySQL new server installation, administration and migration.
- Managed and monitor like day to day backup.
- Coordinating with Incident Management and configuration management teams to streamline the processes required to maintain maximum uptime thereby reducing escalations.
- Configured clusters to provide fail over, load balancing and deployment of Charging System application servers.
- Troubleshooting of IN applications to ensure maximum uptime.
- Monitoring more than 240 Linux servers for performance ensuring maximum uptime.
- Managing and monitoring IN nodes using Nagios to support infrastructures.
- Investigating the cause of issue and performing First Level troubleshooting.
- Monitoring and providing support for Ericsson Charging System 3.0.
- Following the defined process to achieve the SLA.
- Documenting the process as per instructions following company policies.
- Executing the process (running manual Linux commands) for checking services and raising trouble tickets.
- Raising Trouble tickets to 2nd LA via Remedy tool.