- 7 years of experience in UNIX/LINUX Administration, Engineering and Development of Information Systems.
- Extensive experience in installing, configuring, maintaining, design, development, implementation, and support on, & Red - Hat EL4.x/EL5.x/EL6.x Linux IBM AIX 5.3/6.1 and Solaris 8/10 Operating Environments.
- Worked on different HP ProLiant DL380G8/7 DL 360, DL580 Hardware Servers.
- Worked on replacing failed hardware like System Board, DIMM, Drives, power supply and Network cables.
- Worked on administrating domains on Solaris 25k, M5000, and T2000 frame.
- Experience in user administration on Red hat, Solaris, and AIX platforms.
- Experience in SAN migration, Physical to Virtual and Virtual to Physical hardware migrations.
- Experience in moving servers between the data centers.
- Experience in ordering the required hardware parts as per the business requirement for various projects.
- Performed memory management and involved in kernel upgrades across Hundreds of Servers.
- Experience in working on file system ext2, ext3, ext4, vxfs, jfs2, ufs.
- Expertise in Installing, Administrating Veritas Volume Manager 4.x/5.x/6.x and creating the VFS and CFS.
- Experience in Administrating VMware ESX/ESXi Servers/clients.
- Maintain & troubleshoot Storage Disks from IBM, HITACHI, and EMC Disk arrays.
- Installed, monitored and supported WebSphere Application Server 6.1, IBM HTTP/ Apache Web Servers on Linux environment for various projects.
- Administered shell interfaces, groups/user accounts, login scripts, X-Windows and kernel patches & updates.
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving network issues related to the servers.
- Involved in Team building & Migration projects, project implementation, analytical, interpersonal and communication Skills.
- Extensive use of Resolved Application Startup problems, PATH problems, Name conflicts, TCP/IP and Networking Problems in AIX.
- Knowledge of networking (TCP/IP, Ethernet), NIS, DNS, NFS, DHCP, SMTP and RAID.
- Experienced in disaster recovery from TSM and NetBackup.
- Installed and configured a Tivoli Storage Management server on UNIX machines.
- Provided production support in an on-call rotation in a 24x7 environment.
Enterprise Servers & Middleware: IBM WebSphere Application Server 8.5/8.0/7.0
Operating Systems: Windows, UNIX, Red hat Enterprise Linux 5/6/7
Software Testing Tools: HP Quick Test Professional (QTP), Selenium RC, HP ALM/ Quality Center, TestNG, Load Runner
Programming Language: C, VB Script, Basic Java
Database: ORACLE, SQL Server
Web Technologies: HTML, XML
Web Browsers: IE, Mozilla Firefox, Chrome.
Others: MS Office, Jenkins, Service Now 2.0
Confidential, Irving, TX
Linux Systems Admin
- Provided Configuration Management and Build support for different applications, built and deployed to lower and higher environments.
- Installing, configuring and updating Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5/6/7 and CentOS on HP ProLiant /Dell servers using kickstart & jumpstart support for various applications run on Linux environment, configuration, performance tuning, patching and maintenance. Monitoring, analyzing, and responding to security events utilizing security event management and reporting tools.
- Worked with outside vendors on implementation of network switches, load balancers and traffic generators within the existing configuration, the setup and implementation of new configurations and integration of technology on HP ProLiant /Dell servers .
- Posting the build on time & following it up the testing team on posted builds until the specified release goes LIVE conducted pre-sales technical support services for directing sales force of windows Azure applications.
- Automated the .NET build process by writing, updating and executing the automated build scripts using MS Build and automated the script to create MSI packages for deployment.
- Setup and configured TCP/IP network on LINUX .
- Setting up and configuring Apache Mesos and Marathon using cloud formation templates on Ubuntu.
- Participated in the release cycle of the product, which involves environments like Development, QA, UAT and Production.
- Involved in writing unit test case for restful web services using NUnit.
- Creating user roles and groups for securing the resources using LDAP authentication .
- Implemented Chef to deploy the builds for Dev, QA and production.
- Writing shell scripts to automate regular system administration tasks and PowerShell scripts for user management.
- Developed Windows PowerShell script to automate setting of user credentials and activation of Windows.
- Implemented PowerShell scripts that automated creation of contacts from Active Directory users and updating of address books -increasing productivity and efficiency.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and Git. Whenever a new Git branch gets started, Jenkins automatically builds a new Docker container from it.
- Deployed Applications into PROD & Pre-Prod environments with various Applications server technologies like WebLogic, JBOSS & Apache Tomcat .
- Created Incident tickets, Requests and Changes using Service Now/Remedy ticketing tool.
- Created Incident tickets and assigned to support group, transfer to one support group to another support group using ITIL tool.
- Created Changes for Scheduling Fix packs, Maintenance packs on Linux/Solaries Environments.
- Coordinated Release effort amongst various teams (Integration, QA, Testing, and Business Analysis) in geographically separated environment.
- Configuring Jenkins on hybrid infrastructure and Maven (3.0.x/3.1.x) for build and continuous integration.
- Worked with Bamboo Continuous Integration tool and resolve compilation and deployment errors.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Setting up Splunk monitoring on Linux and Windows systems
- Comfortable and flexible with installing, updating and configuring various flavors of UNIX and Windows .
- Good knowledge in LAMP setup.
- Documented all build and process related items. Level one support for all the build and deploy issues encounter during the build process.
- Working closely with Web Administrators to setup an automated deployment for SharePoint applications using SVN Tools.
- Performed and deployed builds for various Environments like QA, Integration, UAT and Productions Environments.
- Develop custom reports for management using PHP and Perl.
- Supporting the developers in writing configuration-specs.
- Created and maintained built wrapper scripts using PERL.
- Maintained and executed build scripts by coordinating with development and QA teams.
- Manage all network monitoring applications and their systems including but not limited to the following: Infovista, IBM, Sun Solaris.
- VMware: Install and configure new infrastructure private cloud environment.
- System administration: Administer different Unix servers including Linux and Solaris.
- Installation, Configuration and Administration of Redhat Linux 5.x/6.x Solaris 10 comprising of testing, tuning, upgrading and loading patches, troubleshooting both physical and virtual server issues.
- Responsible for hardware, firmware, Network & Firewall troubleshooting and upgraded, maintained Linux/Unix servers.
- Experienced in configuring Kickstart and Jumpstart servers to initiate installation of Red Hat Linux and Solaris on several machines.
- Using Service Now/ITIL ticketing tool, created Incident tickets, Requests and Changes.
- Installation, configuration, support and security implementation on SSH, NFS, DHCP, DNS, HTTPD services.
- Administration of NFS, DNS, NTP, Auto mounts , send mail and Print servers as per the client's requirement.
- Installed and configured Sudo for users to access the root privileges and Performed User Account management, data backups, and users' logon support.
- Involved in creating logical volumes, backups, managed large hard disk farms and resized disk partitions using Logical Volume Manager (LVM) commands on Red hat Linux.
- Managing systems routine backup, scheduling jobs like disabling and enabling cronjobs, enabling system logging, network logging of servers for maintenance, performance tuning, testing.
- Creation and management of user accounts and groups according to the security needs and adding the packages and patches when needed and Permissions policy management and quota implementation.
- Good knowledge in awk & Stream Editor(Sed) and using them in in Unix Shell script.
- Remote monitoring and optimization of Server for File system, disk utilization, Memory utilization, threshold maintenance and Network traffic.
- Implementing password less (SSH) authentication between servers.
- Package management using RPM, YUM and UPDATE in Red Hat Linux.
- Responsible for implementing, and maintaining production and development environment of backup systems, DHCP, DNS, Solaris, send mail, Linux, and Window servers.
- Maintained, installed, upgraded, automated, created reports, migrated, monitored, supported, troubleshot, DR, and programmed Veritas Net Backup Sun Solaris UNIX based systems (1280, 480, E250, 280, 240, and 6800) CDL (virtual StorEdge / San), and STK L180 / L100 libraries.
- Trained users in Veritas Net Backup application, UNIX commands, and networking fundamentals.
- Built, maintain, patch, and installed Red Hat servers.
- Integrated IVR system to access info from database during a telephone query.
- Used UNIX shell scripting for loading tapes, auto network routing, auto report emails, etc.
- Remote monitoring and management of server hardware.
- Extensively worked on hard disk mirroring and stripe with parity using RAID controllers.
- Involved in Server sizing and identifying, recommending optimal server hardware based on User requirements.
- Installed Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4.x/5.x Operating System on servers and Blades over the network.
- Set up Linux servers for LAMP implementations and readiness.
- Created File systems from local storage as well as NFS partitions for application portability.
- RPM and YUM package installations, patch and other server management.
- Managing systems routine backup, scheduling jobs like disabling and enabling cron jobs, enabling system logging, network logging of servers for maintenance, performance tuning, testing.
- Installed, configured, and maintained WebLogic 10.x and Oracle 10g on Solaris and Red Hat Linux.
- Configuring multipath, adding SAN and creating physical volumes, volume groups, logical volumes.
- Installing and configuring Apache and supporting them on Linux production servers.