- Network Engineer having 6.5+ Years of rich experience in providing solutions, implementation, configuration of Cisco Routers and switches, firewalls, VPNs configuration and troubleshooting network problems in Enterprise Network.
- Hands on experience in configuring and troubleshooting OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, IS - IS, RIP v1/v2, VLAN's, VLSM, ISP MPLS, VRF, Route Summarization, Trunking, VTP, STP, RSTP, HSRP, 802.1q, and Ether-channels environment.
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting remote access using various VPN technologies, Cisco, and good knowledge of NAT/PAT as well as WAN protocols.
- Proficient user of VMWare, Cisco Packet Tracer, GNS3.
- Excellent grasp of current and future technologies including TCP/IP, IPv4/v6, RIP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, Frame Relay, ACL, VPN, Wireless LAN and configuration of VLANS.
- Hands on experience in configuring Cisco Catalyst 2960, 3750, 4500, 6500 and Nexus 3000, 5000, 6000, 7000 series switches and Cisco 2600, 2800, 3600, 3800, 7200, 7600 series routers.
- Experience with F5 load balancers and Cisco load balancers (ACE and GSS).
- Extensive work experience with Cisco Routers, Cisco Switches, Juniper Routers (M/T) series, Load Balancers and Firewalls.
- Experience in working with Cisco Nexus Switches and Virtual Port Channel configuration.
- Switching tasks include VTP, ISL/ 802.1Q, IPsec and GRE Tunneling, VLAN, Ether Channel, STP and RSTP, PVST+.
- Experienced in configuring protocols HSRP, GLBP, VRRP, ICMP, PPP, HDLC and SNMP.
- Implemented traffic filters using Standard and Extended access-lists, Distribute-Lists, and Route Maps.
- Experience in site to site VPN configuration using Cisco ASA 5500 series firewall, Palo Alto Networks.
- Sound experience in Data Center such as Cisco Nexus 7k,5k,2k and ASR Routers.
- Extensive knowledge in load balancers LTM’s, GTM’s and trouble shooting.
- Responsible for Checkpoint and Cisco ASA firewall administration across global networks.
- Established IPSec VPN tunnels between branch offices and headquarter using Cisco ASA Firewall.
- Experience in installing and configuring DNS, DHCP server.
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting remote access using various VPN technologies, Cisco IP Phones and good knowledge of NAT/PAT.
- Good knowledge and experience in Installation, Configuration and Administration of Windows 2000/2003, HTTP, FTP, DNS, NTP, DHCP servers under various LAN and WAN environments.
- Proficiency in handling Network Monitoring tools and Packet capture tools.
- Efficient at use of Microsoft VISIO/Office as technical documentation and presentation tools and Microsoft POWER BI.
- Excellent customer management/resolution, problem solving, debugging skills and capable of quickly learning, effectively analyses results and implement and delivering solutions as an individual and as part of a team.
- Outstanding background in the troubleshooting of remote hardware and software
- Background in troubleshooting of client server implementations
Cisco Platforms: Nexus 9k,7K, 5K, 2K & 1K, Cisco routers (7600, 7200,4400,3900, 3600, 2800, 2600, 2500, 1800,1002 series) & Cisco Catalyst switches (6500, 4900,3750,3850, 3500, 4500, 2900 series)
WAN Technologies: Frame Relay, ISDN, ATM, MPLS, leased lines & exposure to PPP, DS1, DS3, OC3, T1 /T3 & SONET
LAN technologies: Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet, & 10 Gigabit Ethernet, Port-Channel, VLANS, VTP, STP, RSTP, 802.1Q .
Routing Protocols: OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, RIP v1/v2, PBR, Route redistribution, Route filtering, Summarization, Static route. Security Protocols IKE, IPSEC, SSL-VPN
Switching Technologies: VLANs, Inter VLAN routing and Port Channels, VTP, Spanning Tree Protocols like PVST+, RSTP+, Multi-Layer Switching, Port security.
Networking Protocols: RIP, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, STP, RSTP, VLANs, VTP, PAGP, LACP, MPLS, HSRP, VRRP, GLBP. Network Management
Tools: Wireshark, Wireshark, HP Open View, Cisco Works, Ethereal, Solar winds, OPNET .
Security Server Protocols : TACACS+, RADIUS.
Languages: Perl, Python C, C++, CSS, HTML.
Operating System: Windows 7/XP, MAC OS X, Windows Server 2008/2003, Linux, UNIX
Documentation: MS Office, MS Visio, MS Power BI
Software: MobaXterm,,Packet Tracer,Knowledge of cisco AnyconnectPutty,GNS3.
Confidential, Austin, TX
Network Security Engineer
- Experience in Designing and assisting in deploying enterprise wide Network Security and High Availability Solutions for ASA.
- Installation and maintenance of firewalls from different vendors, Cisco ASA with fire power tool, Checkpoint, Palo Alto.
- Monitoring and Creating security enforcement for the end devices connected to the company application with Cisco ISE.
- Troubleshooting the Network Routing protocols (OSPF, BGP and MPLS VPN) during the Migrations and new client connections.
- Monitoring and configuring Brocade Switches at lab data center for issues.
- Involved in the configuration & troubleshooting of routing protocols: MP-BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, RIP, BGP v4.
- Configured and troubleshooting of site to site VPN Tunnels technologies.
- Configured the Cisco router as IP Firewall and for NATing Configured RSTP, MST and used VTP with 802.1q trunk encapsulation.
- Configure and support Customer MPLS-VPN, VRF
- Configured IP access filter policies
- Created standard and extended Access Lists for the entire networks.
- Provided support to Network Operations for network related events
- Configured and resolved various OSPF issues in an OSPF multi area environment
- Troubleshooting IOS related bugs based on past history and appropriate release notes
- Work on different connection medium like Fiber and Copper Connectivity
- Configure and troubleshoot the switches with L2 VLANs, L3 Vlans (SVI), Trunking, STP, RSTP, port aggregation &link negotiation.
- Installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of Cisco routers, switches and wireless access points. Supervised the wireless survey and installation of over 1700 wireless access points in a 1 million sq. ft., multi-floor facility.
- Experience in designing LAN, WAN, Datacenter and Wireless access services securely as well as installing, configuring and supporting Large/Medium-scale enterprise networks.
- Configuring and troubleshooting issues related to STP, RSTP and VLAN's allocation in Organization for maintaining Layer 2/3 Switching intact
Junior Network EngineerResponsibilities
- Designed, installed, and maintained various LAN/WAN technologies and applications connecting remote sites to corporate headquarters.
- Configured, implemented, and troubleshoot routers and switches with various account settings, permissions, and parameters.
- Racking, Stacking, Cabling and labeling of devices.
- Implementing traffic filters using standard and extended access-lists, IP Prefix-lists, and Route Maps.
- Configure Routers/Switches with Vlan's, NAT/PAT and Access Lists
- Installing of the USB to serial drivers and Connecting Raritan PXE PDUs to the client's Network.
- Configuring of Raritan PXE PDUs using HyperTerminal and Putty. Assigning IP addresses, Default Gateways, Subnets and Hostnames.
- Connected cascaded KVM units to Primary IP KVM Units.
- Connecting Servers to KVM and plugging Servers to be managed by the IP KVM.
- Configuration of Avocent KVM switches.
- Accessed IP KVMs to perform Network configuration. Also assigned IP addresses, Hostnames,
- Domain Name, DNS, Gateway, Subnet Mask, MAC of IP address and IP address of NTP
- Managing tickets to perform certain Networking Configuration and Troubleshooting of Networking equipment.
- Provided Leadership and support to Data Center Technicians for Data Center Migration.
- Managed Infrastructure Cabling in the New Data Center Locations.
- Managed and created Port Matrix for Data Center.
- Maintaining QoS and providing Quality Assurance for Network Hardware such as Fiber Optic cables and Ethernet cables. Also maintaining connectivity of cables between Racks.
Junior Network Engineer
- Configured Cisco Routers for OSPF, IGRP, RIPv2, EIGRP, Static and default route.
- Worked on HSRP for hop redundancy and load balancing.
- Provided port binding, port security and router redundancy through HSRP.
- Designed ACLs, VLANs, troubleshooting IP addressing issues and taking back up of the configurations on switches and routers.
- Provided testing for network connectivity before and after install/upgrade
- Switching related tasks included implementing VLANS and configuring ISL trunk on Fast-Ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet channel between switches.
- Experience in Cisco switches and routers: Physical cabling, IP addressing, Wide Area Network configurations.
- Responsible for Internal and external accounts and, managing LAN/WAN and checking for Security
- Settings of the networking devices (Cisco Router, switches) co-coordinating with the system/Network administrator during any major changes and implementation
- Routing protocols OSPF, RIP & BGP
- Implementation of name resolution using WINS & DNS in TCP/IP environment
- Configured FTP server for inside/outside users & vendors
Remote Desktop Support
- Member of IT center that worked with clients via telephone video conferencing solutions and remote server connections
- Located root cause of technical errors and implemented solutions promptly
- Troubleshoot basic network connectivity issues.
- Perform advanced application configurations.
- Video conferencing support.
- Active Directory- Adding & deleting user accounts
- Administered client’s hardware and software solutions.
- Maintained implementation of system with appropriate support personnel.
- Troubleshot complex systems, servers and network issues.