- Cisco Certified Network Engineer with 7+ years of experience in testing, troubleshooting, implementing, optimizing, migrating and maintaining enterprise data network and service provider systems.
- Hands - on experience in installing, configuring, and troubleshooting IP networks with wide range of routers including (Cisco: ASR 9k,1000, 7200 VXR, ISR 4000, 3900, 3800, and 2800 and Juniper: ACX 500, ACX 1000, PTX 1000) and Switches including (Cisco: Nexus 7K and 5K, 2K, Catalyst 6500, 4500, 3850, 3650, and 2900 and Juniper: EX 2200, EX 4550, and EX 4600).
- Experience with design and deployment of MPLS Layer 3 VPN, MPLS Traffic Engineering.
- Implementing and Working knowledge of Frame relay, PPP, ATM, MPLS services, NAT, sub-netting, DNS, WINS, LDAP, DHCP, HTTP/HTTPS, TCP/IP, UDP, SNMP, IPsec, PPTP, VLAN, VTP, STP (Spanning tree Protocol), Tunneling and Access Control Lists.
- Well Experienced in configuring protocols HSRP, GLBP, VRRP, ICMP, IGMP, PPP, HDLC, PAP, CHAP, and SNMP.
- Configuration and troubleshooting UCCE components.
- Experience in Design and configuring of OSPF, BGP on Juniper Routers (MX960, MX480).
- Extensive understanding of networking concepts, (IE.Configuration of networks, router configuration and wireless security, VPN, Content Filtering, VLANs, and routing in LAN/WAN, Ethernet Port, Patch Panel and wireless networks.)
- Experience of working on Static routing, Default routing and dynamic routing protocols like EIGRP, OSPF, RIP, BGP and MPLS.
- Assist customer team with the design and placement of Palo Alto Networks devices.
- Having good experience on Browser based support.
- Extensive experience in upgrade, backup and password recovery of Cisco IOS.
- Knowledge and configuration of redundant router protocols like HSRP, VRRP and GLBP.
- Knowledge on AAA authentication servers such as TACACS+ and RADIUS.
- Experience in configuring and Troubleshooting BIG-IP F5 load balancer LTM & GTM.
- Experience on installing, maintaining and troubleshooting Check Point R75, R77.30 Gaia.
- Demonstrated experience in developing, implementing, auditing Checkpoint firewall (R77.30) configurations and analyzing, optimizing rule sets.
- Experience with Firewall migrations from PIX firewall to Cisco ASA and Checkpoint firewalls.
- Working knowledge of Network monitoring/management tools like Wireshark, TCP Dump, Cisco Prime, Net Flow, Solar Winds and Riverbed.
- Excellent knowledge and experience on multi-vendor platforms like Cisco, Juniper, Checkpoint, F5 Big-ip LTM load balancers, Bluecoat, Riverbed, Citrix, and VMware.
- Understanding of JUNOS platform and worked with IOS upgrade of Juniper devices.
- Worked on Palo Alto firewall and used panorama for centralized control of all the firewalls.
- Managed firewall policies that employ NAT, application layer gateways, and policy-based VPNs.
- Good knowledge in configuring Site-to-site IPsec, and Remote SSL VPN on router IOS platforms and firewalls.
- Maintain firewalls and logs to protect the client infra from un-ethical attempts.
- Maintain the Antivirus and Antispyware in entire IT estate.
- Maintain endpoint security tools.
- Content filtering and management of Controlled access to the Internet as per the company IT Security policy. Provide Conditional & specific Internet access to specified groups and users using Bluecoat Proxy.
- Maintain secure access to client infra from internet using SSL VPN integrated with two factor authentications.
- Created and design network layout and documented network system design with detail information using Visio software. Vendor co-ordination for hardware issues and assessment management.
- Worked in a Data center environment. Handled critical outages and developed different ideologies to reduce the network downtime.
- Worked on Cisco ACE load balancers. Experience withF5 load balancers - LTM, GTM series like 6400, 6800, 8800 for the corporate applications and their availability.
- Experience in designing MPLS VPN and QoS for architecture using Cisco multi-layer switches.
- Expert level knowledge on configuring Aruba Mobility controller, Airwave, Aruba Clear pass, Cisco Prime infrastructure, WCS/NCS, ISE &MSE. Worked extensively configuring Security over Wireless and Voice Over Wireless.
- Expertise in installing, configuring and troubleshooting Juniper Routers (E, J, M and T-series)
- Good team player with excellent communication, strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills along with presentation and reporting skills
- Design & administer public wireless using Cisco 5500 WLC and Cisco Prime for network monitoring and configuration.
- Efficient designing of IP Addressing Scenario using VLSM and Sub netting.
- Having Knowledge on Design, deployement and provided operational support forCisco FirePOWER NGIPS solution.
- Having good knowledge onShell Scripting and Unix.
- HarnessedAMP (Advanced Malware Protection) to detect, store and alert on malicious files of various types; utilized file hash values (SHA-256) to fingerprint specific malware artifacts.
- Audit IT infrastructure to review the compliance controls are in place, Provide statistical data and reports to support the client for security assessments.
Cisco Platforms: Nexus 7K, 5K, 2K & 1K, Cisco routers (7600,7200, 3900, 3600, 2800, 2600, 2500, 1800 series) & Cisco Catalyst switches (6500, 4900, 3750, 3500, 4500, 2900 series)
Juniper Platforms: SRX, MX, EX Series Routers and Switches
Networking Concepts: Access-lists, Routing, Switching, Subnetting, Designing, CSU/DSU, IPSec, VLAN, VPN, WEP, WAP, MPLS, VoIP, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi
Firewall: PIX Firewall (506/515/525/535 ), ASA Firewall (5505/5510),Palo Alto, Checkpoint
Network Tools: Solar Winds, SNMP, Cisco Works, Wireshark
Load Balancers: A10 Networks(AX2500),Cisco CSM, F5 Networks (Big-IP)
WAN technologies: Frame Relay, ISDN, ATM, MPLS, leased lines & exposure to PPPDS1,DS3,OC3, T1 /T3 & SONET
LAN technologies: Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet, & 10 Gigabit Ethernet, Port- channel, VLANS, VTP, STP, RSTP, 802.1Q
Security Protocols: IKE, IPSEC, SSL-VPN
Networking Protocols: RIP, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, STP, RSTP, VLANs, VTP, PAGP, LACP, MPLS, HSRP, VRRP, GLBP, TACACS+, Radius, AAA
AAA Architecture: TACACS+, RADIUS, Cisco ACS.
Operating System: Windows 10,8,7/XP, MAC OS X, Windows Server 2008/2003,Basic Linux
Sr. Network Engineer
Confidential - Sacramento, CA
- Responsible for configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of dynamic routing protocols: BGP, OSPF &EIGRP (route redistribution, distribute lists, route-maps, offset-lists, prefix lists, route summarization, route-feedback, BGP attributes) on Cisco Routers 7613, 7201, and 3945E.
- Working knowledge of frame relay, MPLS services, OSPF, BGP and EIGRP routing protocols, NAT', DNS, LDAP, DHCP, HTTP, HTML, HTTPS, TCP/IP, UDP, SNMP, OSPF, RIP, IPSEC, PPTP, VTP, VLAN, STP (Spanning tree Protocol), RTSP & Multicasting protocols.
- Hands on experience with Juniper EX-Series Ethernet Switches.
- Installed, configured and managed Cisco routers such as 7200 series, 3800 series, 3700 series, 2800 series and Cisco Catalyst switch series 6500, 4500, 3500, and 2900 along with Cisco 3750, 3550, 3560, 2924, 6509-V-E, 6513, 6504, 6503, 6506, 6500 series switches.
- Actively involved in switching technology Administration including creating and managing VLANS, Port security - 802.1x, Trucking 802.1Q, RPVST+, Inter-VLAN routing, and LAN security on Cisco switches.
- Performed VOIP UC & UCCE sector configuration and service administration.
- Evaluate and build proof of concept of HPE Cloud with Nuage SDN and EMC EHC platform with VMware NSX based SDN .
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of Palo Alto, Cisco ASA 5500, Juniper SRX and ISG Firewalls
- Migration of network devices (Palo Alto, F5, Juniper, Aruba, Riverbed, Routers& switches) from one zone to other. Changing the management IP address
- Replaced Checkpoint firewall architecture with new next generation Palo Alto appliances serving as firewalls and URL and application inspection.
- Implementing 3750 Stackable switches using Cisco Stack Wise technology. Experience to review, evaluate current and future design issues as required maintaining network integrity, efficient data flow.
- Performed Network Security Assessment and implemented security improvements such as network filtering, SSH, AAA, SNMP access lists, VTY access lists, EIGRP MD5 authentication & HSRP authentication.
- Worked with F5 Load balancing, IDS/IPS, Bluecoat proxy servers and Administrating.
- Responsible for Data Center Migrations and its operations including the change from 6500 switches to nexus series switches, configured VPC/VDC on nexus 2k, 5k and 7k.
- Involved in designing and implementing QOS and policy map to 2800 series routers for all the branches
- Performed IP address planning, designing, installation, configuration, testing, maintenance, and troubleshooting in complete LAN, WAN development.
- Supported EIGRP and BGP based on the network by resolving level 2 & 3 problems of internal teams & external customers of all locations.
- Installed wireless access points (WAP) at various locations in the company.
- Created dedicated VLANs for Voice & Data with QOS for prioritizing VOICE over DATA.
- Configured Voice ports and Dial peers on the call manager for the VOIP call to reach remote destination.
- Worked on configuration and commissioning of the MPLS circuits for various branch offices.
- Provided Daily network support for national wide area network consisting of MPLS, VPN and point-to-point site.
- Hands on experience and good working knowledge with Checkpoint Firewall policy provisioning.
- Upgraded the data center network environment from Cisco ASA 5520 to Checkpoint R77 firewalls.
- Performed routine monitoring of Checkpoint firewall from security perspective and also troubleshooting the connectivity issues.
- Involved in configuring Checkpoint (R77) Firewall rule base and objects as per the requirements.
- Troubleshooting checkpoint firewall connectivity related issues using Smart view tracker.
- Experience in reviewing and recertification of rule sets and also involved in creation, validation and maintenance of enterprise check point(R77.30) firewall policies.
- Configured ACL's in Cisco 5520 ASA firewall for internet Access requests for servers, Protocol Handling, Object Grouping and NAT.
- Daily exposure to IP based network security protocols with Juniper SRX firewalls, Operating Systems and security configurations LAN/WAN/Security solutions.
- Established IPsec VPN tunnels between branch offices and headquarter using Juniper SRX firewalls.
- Managed the F5 BigIP GTM/LTM appliances to include writing rules and everyday tasks of creating WIP and VIPs.
- Experience in deploying, configuring & maintaining F5 3DNS (Global traffic Manager) Controller and BigIP -LTM (local traffic manager) for wide area load balancing and global redirection using VPN and Proxy load balancing techniques.
- Packet capturing, troubleshooting on network problems with Wireshark, identifying and fixing problems.
- Ensure that the clients are enforced with the EPS policy configuration.
- Management of quarantine and prevent the other systems from getting infected.
- Virus removal on the infected systems by automated or manual process.
- Advice to desktop and server team on virus detection and procedure for cleanup.
- Implementing rules in Visual policy Manager to allow and restrict access as per customer requirement.
- Packets capture using bluecoat proxy and analysis the packets and communicating them with vendor for further investigation.
- Monitoring Network infrastructure using SNMP tools HP NNM, Solar-winds and Opnet.
- Coordinating with Security team for NAT configuration and troubleshooting issues related to access lists and DNS/DHCP issues within the LAN network.
- Experience working with Nexus 7010, 5020, 2148, 2248 devices.
- Configured and deployed VDC and VPC between Nexus 7018 and Nexus5596, 5548 switches along with FEX2248. Have a good understanding of Fabric Path.
- Has the ability to build deployment, build scripts and automated solutions using scripting languages like Shell scripting (kasha, Bash), Python, Ruby, PHP.
- Working as Network Engineer in planning and designing our Clients global network for Network Access Solution.
- Implement new Active Directory sites and Domain controllers as per the growing organizations infrastructure need.
- Deliver best practices guidance for managing Palo Alto Networks firewalls.
- Configured automatic updates for network clients by using Group Policy.
- Executed Customer Infrastructure onCisco Nexus device and Cisco UCS B & C series and Installed VMware ESXi 4.0/5.0/5.5/6.0 and build VMs with Windows 7/8/2003/2008/2012 R2 OS and Centos/Linux 5, 6.0 OS.
- Implemented Zone Based Firewalling and Security Rules on the Palo Alto and Exposure to wild fire feature of Palo Alto.
- Working knowledge on LAN virtualization by VMware NSX and good understanding on vSphere and Citrix Xenserver.
- Installed and configured HyperV-VMware ESX (4.0), ESXi, and VSphere 4 environments with Virtual Resource Management- Configuring VMware HA, VMware DRS Clusters for load balancing.
- Design for Guest Network and Mobile Access Network for NAC Solution, comprising of an Aruba Wireless LAN Controller solution in DMZs/Internet Gateways with Fore Scout Counter Act NAC Appliances for NAC.
Environment: Cisco Routers, Cisco Switches, Nexus 7k/5k/2k Routing protocols, F5, Load Balancer HSRP, VRRP, IPSEC VPN, VPN, QOS, ASA firewall, Load balancer, MPLS, VLANS, VTP, RSTP, ACL, NAT, IDS/IPS, SIP, RTP, RADIUS, TACACS+, Juniper SRX 240, ASR 9000, Catalyst 6500, Wireshark, Check point R77, Blue coat proxy server, Symantec Endpoint protection.
Sr. Network Engineer/ F5 Engineer
Confidential - Austin, TX
- Maintained a Network with more than 600 Network devices, 20,000-end hosts, and the other Network devices like DHCP, DNS Servers, and Firewall Servers.
- Performed IOS upgrades on Catalyst 3750, 2950, 1900 switches, and 3600, 2600 and 2500 routers.
- Performs analysis of complex UCCE call flow designs and executes all phases of project delivery including Design of call flow, development of IVR, implementation and handover
- Installed and configured DHCP, DNS Server.
- Responsible for Cisco ASA 5540 administration and checkpoint firewall provider-1 across our global networks.
- Working with ITS networking teams to install an Avaya VoIP phone system and tested the phone system connectivity and functionality.
- Good experience with like checkpointVSX, IDS, IPS as well as encryption techniques.
- Experienced of network monitoring and management utility: Tcpdump and Wireshark
- Troubleshooting and installing of ISR, ASR9000 and Nexus devices.
- Worked on Cisco Routers, Active /Passive Hubs, Switches, Cisco PIX Firewall, Nortel VPN Concentrators TCP/IP, NAT and Checkpoint ESX/GSX firewall.
- Experience working with Nexus 7010, 5020, 5548, 2148, 2248 devices.
- Worked on Checkpoint firewalls in creating and implementing the policies required by the company.
- Controlling the URL access by using the Bluecoat proxy servers and also McAfee web gateway.
- Worked with VMWare and Flex team for Configuring and installing Dell Power Connect switch 5548 and increasing their Bandwidth Usage.
- Configured address objects and service objects on Palo Alto PA 2050.
- Migrated legacy Cisco ASA firewalls to Checkpoint firewalls using migration tools in the enterprise environment.
- Experience in WAN technologies like T1/T3, DS3, STM1 and STM4 circuit types.
- Scripting for automation of processes for Windows Servers. Familiarity with main script languages like Power Shell, PHP, Shell, Perl, Python
- Hands-on experience in the network management of circuits using TDM and Frame Relay network
- Installed and configured Routers, Bridges, Terminal Servers and CSU/DSU have to support WAN links.
- VOIP Gateway configs - T1 link, Trunk, dial-peer configuration changes.
- Configured F5 GTM solutions, which includes WideIP, Pool Load Balancing Methods and monitors.
- Implemented SNMP on Cisco routes to allow for network management.
- Cisco IPT Migration Projects from legacy PBXs with Nortel.
- Installed high availability Big IP F5 LTM and GTM load balancers to provide uninterrupted service to customers.
- Implementation and Configuration (Profiles, I Rules) of F5 Big-IP LTM-6400 load balancers
- Upgraded F5 load balancers from Radware to F5 BigIP v9 which improved functionality and scalability in the enterprise.
- SSL offloading, Cert management and Troubleshooting experience onF5 using TCP and SSL dumps and Wireshark analysis.
- Working experience withF5 Load balancer LTM like 3900, 6900, 4200V over various environments.
- Capable enough to work independently with minimal supervision and multitasking.
- Configuration, migrations, upgrades ofF5 Big IP LTM 3400, 6400, 8900 running v4.x to 10.2.x, Active/Standby.
- Involved in migration from Frame-Relay/ATM network to MPLS-based VPN for customer's WAN infrastructure.
- Troubleshoot and solve network outages that are escalated by Tier 3 NOC Engineers.
Used Network monitoring tools to ensure network connectivity and Protocol analysis tools to assess and pinpoint networking issues causing service disruption.
- Optimized performance of the WAN network consisting of Cisco 3550/4500/6500 switches by configuring VLANs.
- Worked on Data, VOIP, Security as well as wireless installations and technologies
- Experience with Juniper SRX 240 Firewalls.
- Worked on Solar winds Orion for analysis and monitoring purposes.
- Performing SIP call flow & other protocol packets flow using Wireshark.
- Authentication Mechanism to Citrix through RSA Server.
- Complete installation of hardware, software token on windows, android, iPhone, desktop, laptops.
- Assisted in migration project from Avaya to Cisco.
- Monitoring logs and generating reports on expired tokens and providing them with new tokens.
- Inbound & outbound scanning of Emails for virus, Spam& other infections
- Content filtering solution to reduce the unwanted mail volume.
- Monitoring security logs to report events and provide utilization report.
Environment: Tcpdump, Wireshark, ASR series, Nexus devices, Juniper SRX, Checkpoint firewall, Palo alto, ASX, IDS, IPS, DHCP, DNS, Orion, ACL, PBX, Nortel, Juniper routers, Load Balancing, Routing Protocol, VLAN, Frame Relay, Trunk, VoIP, NAT, PAT, TCP/IP, Security, Vulnerability, Wireshark, TACACS, RADIUS, RSA Two Factor Authentication, E-mail Gateway (Tumbleweed), Nessus Vulnerability Management.
Sr. Network Engineer
- Configured OSPF over frame relay networks for NBMA and point to multipoint strategies.
- Implementing traffic engineering on top of an existing Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) network using Frame Relay and Open Shortest Path First (OSPF).
- Provided redundancy in a multi homed Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) network by tunings AS-path.
- Hand on experience the configuration and implementation of various Cisco Routers and L2 Switches.
- Configuring, managing and troubleshooting networks using routing protocols like RIP, EIGRP and OSPF (Single Area and Multi Area).
- Assisted in troubleshooting LAN connectivity and hardware issues in the network of 500 hosts.
- Studied and analyzed client requirements to provide solutions for network design, configuration, administration, and security.
- Modified internal infrastructure by adding switches to support server farms and added servers to existing DMZ environments to support new and existing application platforms.
- Built site-to-site IPSec VPNs over Frame-relay & MPLS circuits on various models of Cisco routers to facilitate adding new business partners to new and existing infrastructures.
- Analyzed customer application and bandwidth requirements, ordered hardware and circuits, and built cost effective network solutions to accommodate customer requirements and project scope.
- Involved in troubleshooting IP addressing issues and Updating IOS images using TFTP.
- Maintained redundancy on Cisco 2600, 2800 and 3600 routers with HSRP.
- Created a backup and recovery policy for software application and verified peripherals are working properly.
- Monitor, troubleshoot, test and resolve Frame Relay, ATM, MLPPP, PPP, and Dial-u
- Experience in working with Cisco Nexus 5000 series switches for data center.
- Possess good experience in configuring and troubleshooting WAN technologies like MPLS, T1, T3, DS3 and ISDN.
- Responsible for implementing QOS parameter on switching configuration.
- Involved in Design and Implementation of complex networks related to extranet clients
- Troubleshooting the Network Routing protocols (BGP, EIGRP and OSPF) during the Migrations and new client connections.
- Manage operational monitoring of equipment capacity/utilization and evaluate the need for upgrades; develop methods for gathering data needed to monitor hardware, software, and communications network performance.
- Troubleshoot problems on a day to day basis & provide solutions that would fix the problems within their Network.
- Performed RIP & OSPF routing protocol administration.
- Interacted with support services to reduce the downtime on leased lines.
- Designed and implemented VLAN using Cisco switch catalyst 1900, 2900, 5000 & 6000 series.
- Configured routers and coordinated with LD Carriers and LECs to turn-up new WAN circuits. Configuring, Maintaining the Routers and Switches and Implementation of RIP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP routing protocols and trouble shooting.
- Maintenance and Troubleshooting of connectivity problems using Ping, Trace route.
- Daily responsibilities included monitoring remote site using network management tools, assisted in design guidance for infrastructure upgrade & help LAN administrator with backbone connection and connectivity issue Other responsibilities included documentation and support other teams.
- Worked towards the key areas of the project to meet SLA's and to ensure business continuity. Involved in meetings with engineering teams to prepare the configurations according to the requirement.
- Configuring HSRP between VLANs, Configuring Ether-Channels, Port Channel on 6500 catalyst
- Creating change tickets according to the scheduled network changes and implementing the changes.
Environment: Cisco 3750/3550/3500/2960 switchesandCisco 3640/12000/7200/3845/3600/2800 routers, Cisco ASA5510, Checkpoint, F5 Load Balancer Cisco Nexus7K/5K, Checkpoint, Cisco ASA
Network Support Engineer
- Migration of RIP V2 to OSPF, BGP routing protocols.
- Configured EIGRP for Lab Environment.
- Implemented ISL and 802.1Q for communicating through VTP.
- Working with Client teams to find out requirements for their Network Requirements.
- Designing solutions for frozen requirements using Cisco Routers and Switches.
- Deploying the network infrastructure to meet the requirements.
- Created VLAN and Inter- Vlan routing with Multilayer Switching.
- Documenting and Log analyzing the Cisco ASA 5500 series firewall.
- Monitor performance of network and servers to identify potential problems and bottleneck.
- Performed administrative support for RIP, OSPF routing protocol.
- Maintained redundancy on Cisco 2600, 2800 and 3600 routers with HSRP.
- Real time monitoring and network management using Cisco Works LMS.
- Provided technical support on hardware and software related issues to remote production sites.
- Responsible for LAN and internet connection file and print server.
- Maintained and installed new internet connections for customers.
- Experience in installation of Windows NT Server and Windows NT Workstations.
- Co-ordinated the Tech Support as it relates to LAN & WAN system
Environment: TDM, Frame Relay, Datacenter, WLAN, Nexus 5k/7k, WAP, Unix, Linux, Trunking, F5 Load Balancer, FTP, BPDU Guard, Wi-Fi, CDMA, Cisco IOS-XR, ASR9000 devices, Nexus 7k, 5k and 2k switches, Subnet, VLSM, Check point, Juniper routers.