Diligent professional with 26+ years of experience and a proven knowledge of IT/IS, network administration, and server configuration. Proficiencies include Microsoft Windows Server, Active Directory, Group Policy, Azure, O365, Exchange Online, Microsoft Office, Routing, Switching, LAN/WAN, VPN, Firewalls, Backup, Replication, Microsoft Hyper - V Virtualization, VMware VSphere Virtualization, Wi-Fi, Infrastructure, Windows Professional O/S, VOIP, Anti-Virus, SAN, Troubleshooting, Packet Capture, Log analysis, Administration, DNS
- Windows Server from NT 4.0 through 2016
- Exchange Server 5.5/2000/2003/2010/2013
- SBS 2003/2008
- MS Office, Office 365, Azure
- Virtualization with VMWare VSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V
- Firewalls, Routing, Switching and WiFi with Cisco, Sonicwall, Ubiquity Unifi, Dell, HP and other Manufacturers
- Backups utilizing Veeam, Symantec, Veritas, Arcserve among others
- Anti-Virus with Symantec, Trend Micro, Kaspersky, Sophos and others iSCSI, NAS/SAN Storage with Dell, HP, EMC, Free NAS and others
Confidential, Rockville, MD
Senior Network Engineer
- Coordinate network operations, maintenance, repairs, and upgrades.
- Determine specific network hardware and software requirements, such as platforms, interfaces, bandwidths, and routine schemas.
- Develop disaster recovery plans.
- Develop network-related documentation.
- Develop or recommend network security measures, such as firewalls, network security audits, or automated security probes.
- Develop plans and budgets for network equipment replacement.
- Develop procedures to track, project, or report network availability, reliability, capacity, or utilization.
- Evaluate network designs to determine whether customer requirements are met efficiently and effectively.
- Maintain networks by performing activities such as file addition, deletion, or backup.
- Participate in network technology upgrade or expansion projects, including installation of hardware and software and integration testing.
- Prepare detailed network specifications, including diagrams, charts, equipment configurations, and recommended technologies.
- Lead and assist with Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange implementations and migrations
- Respond to emergency 911 server down calls
- Serve as primary engineer chiefly or solely responsible for all aspects of the management and administration of multiple, distributed client networks in the DC Metro area
- Tapped for technical and sales consultations for ad-hoc and prospective clients
- Perform backup engineer and remote helpdesk duties as required for the organization to provide quality network management services as a Microsoft Gold and Cisco Premiere Certified Partner
- Daily and direct exposure to the management of networks and technologies of varied complexity
- Analyze network processes and develop new policies and procedure to improve business operations through technology
- Setup, install and configure all infrastructure components including routers, switches, firewalls, servers (both physical and virtual), SANs, NAS and workstations
- Installation, configuration and monitoring of perimeter security devices
- Ability to listen, observe, and assimilate situational peculiarities (with compound and aggravating factors common) into a rapid yet thorough analysis (often in a foreign and changing environment), and then to deliver and orderly implement the requisite remedial action to client satisfaction
Lead Network Systems Engineer
- Researched, tested, and recommended new hardware, software and network technology
- Performed on-call duties
- Tracked and assigned TCP/IP addresses
- Maintained servers and related peripherals through the use of service packs, software updates and firmware upgrades
- Installation and configuration of network switches
- Oversaw duties of LAN technicians
- Continued duties of Microcomputer Support Specialist
- Installation and configuration of Microsoft Windows Server, Novell Netware, Microsoft Exchange, Linux, DHCP, Raptor Firewall, and Faxback servers
- Year 2000 Project Manager
- Installed satellite office WAN connectivity
- Installed high speed fiber-optic backbone between servers
Microcomputer Support Specialist
- Configuration and installation of PC’s, Macintosh computers, printers, and related software on the network
- Configured client’s email to Microsoft Exchange Server using Microsoft Outlook
- Set up internet connectivity
- Continued duties of LAN Technician
- Served as on-site repair technician for all computers and peripherals
- Repaired defective hardware as well as installation and configuration of newly procured hardware devices