- 13+ years design\implementation Exchange 5.5\2003\2007\2010\2013\2016 and Active Directory.
- 18+ years supporting and troubleshooting hardware, software, and networking issues.
- Organized take charge professional with exceptional follow - through abilities and detail oriented, able to plan and oversee projects from conception to successful conclusions.
- Strong technical background with sold history of delivering outstanding customer service. Genuine commitment to quality and customer satisfactions.
- 7+ years design\implementation OCS 2007\Lync 2010\2013.
Senior Exchange\Lync Engineer
- Design, implement, and support Exchange 2003/2007/2010/2013 in hosted, dedicated, and cloud environments, approximately 250,000 total mailboxes
- Provide level 3 support to field techs and clients for all Exchange and Outlook related issues, mail routing, relay, connectivity, message tracking, and exchange configuration and design issues
- Design and build Blackberry 5.0 messaging solutions, all support, Highly Available configuration, software configuration and push
- Perform migrations from legacy or different mail systems, i.e. Lotus Notes, GroupWise etc. Use quest tools and power shell scripting to perform migration tasks in bulk
- Assist with Pre-sales support, project scope and sizing, technical requirements
- Configure and support Mimecast solutions, to include, Anti-spam, Archiving, mail continuity, LDAP sync, Journaling, Mail relay, Outlook add-in
- Build new multi site Exchange environments, to include server setup, OS configuration, Domain and Forest prep, Exchange installation all server roles and configurations, auto discover, certificates, CAS Array, DAG, RPC\HTTPS, OWA, Active Sync, load balancing, complete configurations
- Design, implement and support Microsoft OCS 2007/LYNC 2010/2013, to include server build, hardware load balancing, auto configuration, certificate creation and assignment, edge design, client deployment and configuration.
- Advanced Powershell scripting for various Exchange related support, migration and design tasks.
- Configure Email archiving platforms, Mimecast, Symantec Enterprise vault, and Microsoft Hosted services.
- Plan and perform email platform migrations to Exchange 2010\2013 from 2007\2003, include all data moves, shadow temp domains, phased and one time cutover, outlook client data to include legacyexchagnedn assignment to new accounts
- Install and configure various Exchange virus protection software packages
- Act as a resource for on-going Exchange and Lync installation projects.
- Integrate various 3rd party products into exchange for calendaring, contacts etc.
- Perform email discovery using various tools to extract mail data.
- Configure and Build SQL server, for Lync, BES, SharePoint etc.
- Build, configure and administer SharePoint servers.
- Create detailed documentation for technical, and end user use.
Microsoft Exchange Engineer (Contractor)
- Design and support Exchange 2007/2003 global organization spanning North America, South America, Europe and Asia
- Provide level 3 support for all Exchange related issues to include message tracing, anti-spam, client and server issues, network and routing issues
- Build and implement Exchange 2003/2007 servers using HP and IBM hardware in a data center environment. CCR, LCR configurations.
- Design, build and support Good Messaging server environments
- Implement Microsoft MOM monitoring, configuration of alert thresholds and triggers. Design and implement preventive maintenance and patching for all exchange servers using Microsoft SUS server.
- Implement split permission model for delegation of Exchange administration to level 2 technicians and Admins using power shell scripting. Use power shell scripting to create users in bulk, automate tasks, perform maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Perform all administration of ProofPoint Send Mail servers to include, mail routing, anti-spam, LDAP directory sync and content filtering.
- Oversee change control process for entire Exchange organization. Provide input and approve or deny any changes requested to the Exchange organization.
- Create detailed technical documentation and diagrams for Exchange organization and topology. Provide reports with message stats and trends for capacity planning.
- Design and implement all SMTP, IMAP, and POP connections and routing. OWA, RPC over HTTPS and VPN configuration for E-mail access.
- Implement various anti-spam, anti-virus packages to include ScanMail, and Forefront.
- Blackberry administration, to include configuring new BES servers, administration of all handheld devices. Troubleshooting activation problems, perform BES updates.
Confidential, Albany, NY
Microsoft Exchange Engineer (6 month contract)
- Design and implement Exchange 2007 architecture for 250,000 user capacity. To include all server roles, and CCR configuration. Resource Forest for authentication.
- Create migration strategies for legacy Lotus Notes, GroupWise, and exchange 5.5 systems to Exchange 2007. Perform migrations using Quest migration tools.
- Implement Microsoft Exchange Hosted Services, to include mail filtering, archiving, secure mail, and continuity. Provide all training and documentation for E-discovery and Archive administration.
- Configuration and administration of BES servers, activating, wiping, and configuring all devices.
- Configure VMware ESX servers in lab environment for proof of concept implementations on Exchange and OCS design.
- Administration of existing 60,000 user Exchange 2003 environment. To include level 3 troubleshooting of all server related issues.
- Design and implement Microsoft Office Communications Server to provide IM, video and voice communications. Creation of SIP domains, auto-discover and address book services, all certificates and TLS authentication. Highly available configuration with archiving of all IM messages.
- Configure Microsoft Roundtable device for use with Microsoft Live Meeting Hosted Service and Live Meeting client. Provide documentation and training on Live Meeting scheduling and use.
Confidential, Clifton Park, NY
Network Engineer/Network security consultant
- Design and setup secure small to medium sized Windows 2000, 2003 server networks for business throughout New York State.
- Implement DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, in an Active Directory environment, create network topology documentation and all security related documentation. Group policy implementation and management.
- Assist in the creation of comprehensive Network Security Policies, and directives to protect business interests.
- Design secure email and web solutions using perimeter networks, and various firewall designs. NAT, ISA server for user internet access.
- Setup secure VPN connections for remote users, and branch office locations using RADIUS servers, IPSec, and secure certificates.
- Provide security auditing of existing networks to determine weaknesses in security design, recommend and implement security improvements and upgrades.
- Provide remote support to all clients via secure remote desktop and terminal server sessions
- SUS management and desktop update patch management
- Setup and Design Microsoft Exchange 2000 and 2003 e-mail servers, multi site environments, back up scheme and recovery plan, digitally signed and encrypted email, create e-mail retention and privacy policies, OWA, Outlook all versions, user training and creating user friendly documentation.
- Desktop rollout plan implementation, for 10-150 new users, Ghost imaging, Group Policy software installation, roaming user profiles setup, standardized mandatory desktops.
- Design and implement secure hardware platforms, RAID 1, 5; create hardware disaster recovery documentation and plans.
Confidential, Amherst, NY
Network Engineer/Level II support
- Design and implement a multi forest, multi domain Windows 2000 server active directory infrastructure. DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP scheme, Group Policy Management design, Security, Terminal server, IPSec.
- Design and implement Microsoft Exchange 2000 Enterprise e-mail system, Multi site, disaster recovery, backup, upgrade from Exchange 5.5, IIS web mail.
- Provide level II support for NOC technicians on all networking, internet and e-mail issues.
- Setup and configure Cisco routers, switches and hubs.
- Evaluate various software help desk packages, report to management on software’s ability to meet company expectations.
Confidential, IAmherst, NY
Network Support Analyst
- Plan and implement company migration from CC:mail to Microsoft Exchange server and Outlook. Migrated over 200 users seamlessly.
- Design and configure hardware platforms for company applications, implement hardware RAID in various configurations.
- Perform roll out of new desktop pc’s to over 150 users; configure various Ghost images used for different configurations.
- Support all Microsoft Office products.
- Setup up NT 4.0 Multi domain environment, IIS, DHCP, WINS, DNS, TCP/IP scheme. Integration with existing Novell network.
- Perform all NT 4.0 network administration functions, user accounts, security groups, NTFS permissions, printers, passwords, group policies.
- Setup and configure internet access and security via NAT, Proxy server for over 200 users.
- Provide end user support for email, networking and internet issues.