- Results driven and hands - on information technology professional with over 20 years of IT experience, with a ability to quickly learn and implement new technologies that positively impact organizations in minimal time. Successful track record as a highly organized leader that provides high quality results, and strives to provide the highest quality of service with all IT service staff. Able to manage multiple projects through planning to completion under the pressure of time-sensitive environments. Able to access business performance gaps and provide sound recommendations for change. I feel my wide variety of skills and experiences would make me a valuable asset to your company.
IT Engineering Manager
- Developed engineering team to support business applications and SLA requirements for 13000 users.
- Reverse engineered entire environment and implemented new design and infrastructure to reduced single points of failure and increase service level and service availability.
- Established ITIL standards, best practices, and documentation to increase response times and better quality of services.
- Reduced service interruptions and outages by 75% with the implementation of root cause analysis and effective problem tracking.
- Migrated corporate wireless solution (Meru wireless) for over 300 locations in Western US.
- Consolidated physical and HyperV server environment into VMware vSphere. Reducing the server footprint by 67%. Environment is 99% virtual.
- Designed, build, and implemented new datacenter infrastructure that involved upgrading Network core (Nexus), Load Balancers (Radware) and SAN storage (Compellent).
- Moved local Datacenter of 180 virtual servers into new offsite Datacenter, Azure, and AWS, which reduced operating costs by 30% and increased service availability.
- Reorganized and streamlined multiple domain AD environments which enabled consistency and standardization.
- Centralized WSUS, EPO, Landesk to consolidated servers for all western metros.
- Planned and implemented 13000 user email migration from Exchange to Zimbra with minimal impact to the users.
- Configured and implemented Project Management solution, which enabled better visibility and accountability of projects and tasks.
- Automated corporate reports for SOX and security compliance
- Strong abilities in leading, mentoring and coaching IT staff and consultants.
- Coordinate national corporate initiatives and objectives with western regional IT Managers.
- Final escalation point for all server related issues for the western US.
- Designed and implement VMware strategy. Senior technical adviser for all VMware related issues.
- Mentored and trained engineering staff, which has led to the team to openly share knowledge, and work as a team to accomplish common goals.
- Expanded WhatUp Gold and Solarwinds alerting system to insure early and timely response to potential outages.
- Managed all western engineering projects from planning to completion
Confidential, San Jose, CA
- 14 years experience in IT project management, reporting to CFO, and COO. Proven track record for producing results and well known by executive management as a key project driver in the organization.
- 14 years experience in managing all aspects of Information Technology, including hire, fire, promotion, outsourcing, vendor relations, service and support contracts,, and budgeting.
- Strong abilities in leading, mentoring and coaching IT staff and consultants.
- Develop IT polices and procedures to improve quality, consistency and availability of provided services. Develop disaster recovery policies and procedures to insure continuation of business operation in the event of Statewide disaster. Directed IT staff in equipment imaging solution and schedule for all critical equipment and tools. Developed procedures for the creation of master images for deploying desktops / laptops, which has reduced the time to deploy computers by 70%.
- Developed web based system for consolidating IT support and maintenance tasks into a central web interface, which reduced the response time, and complexity of providing support and maintenance.
- Built, managed, maintained, migrated, and troubleshoot Active Directory, Domains, Forest, OU’s, and trust relationships with in Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows 2003, and Windows 2008 servers
- Built, managed, maintained, migrated, and troubleshoot Exchange 2000, Exchange 2003, and Exchange 2007. Current testing Exchange 2010
- Develop procedures and software solution for insuring the internal and external SLA agreements are maintained.
- Managed / Reviewed vendor performance of outsourced products /support to maintain and exceed business requirements with reduced budget.
- Managed relationships with all IT service contracts, which included Internet/ Telecom / Cellular service providers, outside vendors and contractors. Defined requirements for SLA’s that meet the business requirements. (ie AT&T, XO Communications, Verizon, Symantec, EMC)
- Conducted detailed cost benefit analysis, risk management, and evaluated RIO on all significant purchases and upgrades.
- Developed / implemented the migration of physical servers to virtual server infrastructure with VMware and Microsoft Virtual server. Created virtual test platform for support team for testing images, software deployments, and troubleshoot with VMware solution which reduced our testing and application deployment time by 60%
- Developed, configured, and maintained SAN storage, Fabric Switches, controllers, and HBA cards (ie Qlogic, EMD)
- Migrated 90% of all server data storage to SAN architecture.
- Develop virtual terminal infrastructure, which reduced desktop user setup cost by 50% and reduced the number of computers to be supported by 25%.
- Developed maintenance procedures, reports, and automated alerting system for maintaining Network / Server / Telecom availability which exceeds 99.8% availability and 24/7 support for the past 8 years. Utilized Microsoft Clustering, redundant and failover servers, and automated scripts to insure service availability in the event of outage or maintenance.
- Centralized security and network performance reporting for SOX compliance and Executive management.
- Regularly meet with executive management team to report security and risk management assessments / trends, and maintain business alignment.
- Implemented communication technologies that have reduced communication / collaboration / travel cost by 60%. Utilized least cost routing / VOIP / ITSP to further reduce our monthly expenses.
- Responsible for all IT Department expenditures and budgeting, which includes forecasting and tracking of all IT costs for business needs.
- Designed and implemented LAN / WAN infrastructure using T1’s / Fiber and Juniper equipment to establish office to office to remote user VPNs with redundant paths for critical business applications. This includes the management of all internet connections, routing, and network security.
- Trained organization on implemented new technologies
- Facilitated company in 3 office moves with minimal network downtime ensuring proper environmental conditions for the technology infrastructure.
Confidential, San Carlos, CA
Sr. Network Engineer / Systems Engineer
- Created and maintained network documentation, configuration and maps
- Administrated multi-site and multi-network WAN environments
- Designed custom scripts to automate Server setup, desktop setup, and daily administrative tasks
- Setup and maintained T1 connections between customer remote offices
- Lead organization in technology endeavors and strategies
- Standarized all Laptop and Desktop software deployments and developed change control processes which enabled the IT department to exceed their goals with minimal staff.
- Working directly with vendors to get parts, upgrades, and quotes for major improvements to the company’s technologies.
- Managed team of technicians, determined assignment and escalation of trouble tickets, monitored progress of Network / desktop issues.
- Perform installation, configuration, and troubleshooting for over 250 client and 250 internal Windows NT servers on a TCP/IP NT Server Enterprise Network in a Multiple Master Domain Model.
- Troubleshoot, TCP/IP network configurations and printing, Microsoft SMS 1.2, Windows NT login scripts, NT Profiles.. utilizing all TCP/IP utilities, SMS Administrator and NT Admin tools
- Maintain and install Citrix Meta-Frame, ChangePoint, Siebel, and SQL servers
- Troubleshoot and Design PeopleSoft file servers
- Experience with Fault Tolerant Raid Controllers, such as Raid 0, Raid 1, and Raid 5
- Performed routine maintenance and LUN configurations for SAN storage (ie. Hitachi Data Systems)
- Performing network-cabling installations for 10/100BaseT (UTP) and 10Base2 (coax).
- Established Networking procedures and policies for internal operations
- Organized and Planned Projects for Software Deployment, Y2K, Organization standards / Procedures and Server upgrades
- Trained and Managed internal IT staff
- Create and streamlined deployment of software by writing automated installation scripts and installs with batch files, Ghost, Alteris, Scriptlogic, and Installshield, Wise installer, sysprep
- Created company standards, polices and procedures for IT and Telecom Services
- Design and Migrated Windows NT 4.0 to Windows 2000 Advanced Server
- Provided Helpdesk support for Windows 95 and Windows NT applications and third party software
- Deployed Enterpise software solutions via Microsoft SMS and log-on scripts
- Administered and maintained Windows NT Servers and Exchange Servers. Troubleshooting problems related to TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, WINS, SSL, IPX/SPX, NETBUI, or gateways from multiple site locations
- Provided Phone support for RAS, Network Configuration, MS Office, McAfee, MS Exchange, Execustar, Internet Explorer, and Netscape
- Troubleshoot Network performance and connectivity problems
- Troubleshoot Client side Network configuration problems and provided a effective solutions that would assist in the MS Exchange Server Migration
- Migrated over 200 users to MS Exchange server and Client side Configuration of Exchange Services with Outlook 98 and Exchange 5.0 .
- Upgraded 200 users with McAfee, RAS, Internet Explorer on Windows 95 / NT machines. Installed Service packs and patches. Installed 3rd Party Remote access software.
Confidential - Chester, IL
Owner / Technician
- Systems Repair & Troubleshooting - Repairs and troubleshoots failed or damaged computer hardware or software in minimal amount of down time
- Network Design / Troubleshooting / Repairs on DOS, Windows, Windows 95 & 98, Windows NT platforms with Windows NT, MS Back Office, Novel, and LANtastic servers. Advanced technical knowledge in peer-to-peer networking and Local Area Networks. Installed and Troubleshoot Hubs, routers, and Switches. Working Knowledge of network protocols and multiple server configurations using - TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, WINS, SSL, IPX/SPX, NETBUI, gateways, firewalls, and proxy servers
- Organized Projects Plans for Server Architecture and Upgrades
- Provided Technical for computer users in individual and group sessions
- Provided Data Recovery and backup solutions
- Provided Professional Graphics and Web Page Design with HTML, CGI, Java, Java Scripts, steaming media technologies. Maintained / configured with IIS and Website Servers