- More than 7 years of IT experience with specialization as Linux/DevOps Engineer working on server based OS. Three years of experience in Cloud IaaS with AWS and three years in DevOps Culture with Puppet/Chef & Ansible experience.
- Experienced in Amazon AWS Cloud Administration that includes services such as: S3, EC2, VPC, EBS, AMI, ELB, SNS, RDS, IAM, Auto scaling, Route 53, Cloud Watch, Cloud Front, Cloud Trail, OPS Work, Cloud Formation, Security Groups .
- Managed Ubuntu, Linux and Windows virtual servers on AWS EC2 using Open - Source Chef Server. Configured Red Hat Cluster Nodes for any legacy applications and verified the daily health check on the Cluster Nodes.
- Installing Puppet master/agents in a completely new environment. Used Chef/puppet for leveraging and managing AWS Instances and managed cloud systems and infrastructure in Azure and AWS
- Designing, implementation and maintaining Azure Cloud Networking Infrastructure using SDN principles, Infrastructure solutions primarily based on Azure Cloud service and deploy Active Directory domain controllers to Microsoft Azure using Azure VPN gateway.
- Creation of jobs in Jenkins on the pre-deployment process (DB execution environment configuration changes, etc.) on pre-production and QA environments as well as automating the complete Dev/QA/Prod cloud with Puppet .
- Experienced in branching, tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like GIT, Subversion (SVN), CVS, Perforce, IBM clear case and TFS on Linux and windows platforms.
- Experience as VMware engineer in a Data Center Environment with the use of ESX server, troubleshooting experience with ESX and ESXi 5.1/5/5/6.0 Servers, vSphere and vCenter Server.
- Resource Management Configuration VMware HA, VMware DRS Clusters for VMotion migrations between ESX Servers, Worked with VMware features: High Availability, Storage vMotion , vMotion and Fault Tolerance.
- Deployed Docker Engines in Virtualized Platforms for the containerization of multiple apps and used Kubernetes clusters to deploy the applications that are running as pods.
- Expert with Installation of Linux and Windows OS such as RHEL 5.x/6.x/7, CentOS, SUSE Linux, Ubuntu, Windows Server 2003/2008-R2/2012-R2.
- Configuration and setup of Hudson / Jenkins to build, package, and deploy releases to development and QE servers and build a CI/CD model for build and release tasks.
- Experience at DevOps Engineering in building, automating, deploying, and releasing of code from one environment to another environment.
- Worked on installing and maintaining under professional settings these bug tracking tool Atlassian's JIRA , Bugzilla and Mantis for reporting and checking performance.
- Installing and deploying management repository generated by Ant artifacts and Maven and storing the build process using the dependency jar. Used Apache Ant and Maven scripts to build and deploy the J2EE applications. Configured Jenkins jobs with the Maven scripts for various deployments of JAVA/J2EE enterprise applications
- Setup of code repositories such as GIT, SVN, Visual SVN and Tortoise SVN and managed plugins for Jenkins for scheduled automatic checkout of code.
- Experience using ELK stack for data analytics and deep search and experienced management for establishing workflow, deployment instructions and document configuration.
- Configured Networking Concepts NIS, DNS, NFS and DHCP. Troubleshooting network problems like TCP/IP, providing support to the users and solving their problems.
- Experience in Uptime & Response time analysis, Capacity planning & Performance Analysis, Uptime & Response time analysis and implementation and maintenance of NFS.
- Created RAID 1 Storage Systems and RAID 0+1 on physicals with the use of Oracle Virtual Machine 2.2.1 Operating System.
- Managing in-house monitoring tool VCMS, and hands on experience with Zabbix, Splunk and icinga for Network Monitoring/ Resource Monitoring/ Log Trace Monitoring.
- Good customer support, presentation, and trouble shooting skills & experienced in provision of 24x7 supports.
Operating Systems: RHEL/Centos 4.X,5.X,6.X,7.X, Ubuntu 10.X, Solaris 9,10, 11, Windows 2008, 2012,2016, AIX 7, HP-UX 11.23
OS Administration: RedHat 5.X 6.X,7.X Linux administration, Solaris 9, 10 Administration
Scripting Tools: bash, Perl, Python, Ruby, Shell
Application servers: WAS 7.X, 8.X JBoss AS 5.x, 6.x, 7.x and JBoss EAP 5.x, 6.x
Web Servers: Apache(httpd), apache-tomcat, and Apache http server
Monitoring: Nagios, ZABBIX, Splunk
Networking: DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, SMTP, LDAP
Third Party Tools: Puppet, Chef, Jenkins, Git, GitHub
Virtualization tools: VMWare vsphere, ESX 5.x/6.0
Confidential - Tampa, FL
Sr. Linux/DevOps Engineer
- Created Automation stacks to create infrastructure for Kafka clusters different instances as per components in cluster using Terraform for creating multiple EC2 instances & attaching ephemeral or EBS volumes as per instance type in different availability zones & multiple regions in AWS.
- Build and configure a virtual data center in AWS cloud to support Enterprise Data Warehouse hosting including Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Public and Private Subnets, Security Groups, Route Tables, Elastic Load Balancer, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, and Security VPC.
- Creating S3 buckets and maintained bucket policies utilizing the policy management of S3 buckets and Glacier for storage and backups on AWS .
- Implemented Terraform modules and Cloud Formation Templates in JSON for all the deployment of applications across multiple cloud providers.
- Worked with Kubernetes to provide a platform for automating deployment, scaling, and operations of application containers across clusters of hosts and managed containerized applications using its nodes, Config maps, selectors, and services.
- Used Jenkins pipelines to drive all microservices builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes, Created Pods and managed using Kubernetes .
- Managed all the Docker containers and worked with the team in setting up ELK with Docker and Docker-Compose . Actively involved in deployments on Docker using Kubernetes .
- Strong experience in System Administration, Installation, Upgrading, Patches, Migration, Configuration, Troubleshooting, Security, Backup, Disaster Recovery, Performance Monitoring and Fine-tuning on UNIX & LINUX Systems.
- Experience and Familiar with Virtualization technologies like installing, configuring, administering VMware ESX/ESXi 5.1 . Created and managed VMs (virtual server) and involved in the maintenance of the virtual server.
- Responsible for implementation, integration, problem resolution, root cause analysis, disaster recovery, audits, hardware/software OS and application maintenance, performance tuning, upgrades, OS backups, migrations, adding/removing users, printers, space management, and all other daily system administration functions.
- Coordinate/assist developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labeling/naming conventions using Subversion ( SVN ) source control. Analyze and resolve conflicts related to merging of source code for Gitlab and SVN .
- Involved in writing various custom Ansible playbooks for deployment, orchestration and developed Ansible Playbooks to simplify and automate day-to-day server administration tasks.
- Maintained Ansible playbooks using Ansible roles, Ansible Galaxy, utilized combination of different module in Ansible playbook with YAML scripting to configure the files on remote servers. Automated the process of Apache, Tomcat, Mule and JBoss web servers installation, configuration using Ansible .
- Experience in working with various CI/CD tools like Hudson/Jenkins, Sonar, Subversion, Team foundation Server, Nexus and Artifactory for automating the build release pipelines.
- Designing and implementing CI ( Continuous Integration ) system like configuring Jenkins servers, Jenkins nodes, and Hudson . Responsible for User Management and Plug-in Management for Jenkins.
- Integrated JIRA, Confluence and Jenkins for automating the CM process. Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, and GitHub and AWS.
- Virtualized the servers using the Docker for the test environments and dev-environments needs. Also, configured automation using Docker containers.
- Installed and configured Splunk for Data retention and log management and configure Servers within the environment to forward log to Splunk using Rsyslog.
- Installed, Configured, Maintained, Tuned and Supported Splunk Enterprise server. Deployed, Installed and maintained several Splunk Add-on applications on Splunk infrastructure and various universal forwarders.
- Built and configured Nagios XI enterprise for monitoring all servers in the infrastructure.
- Develop scripts for system administration and AWS using languages such as BASH and Python and integrate all the AWS services with Python Boto .
- Experience in installing and configuring web application servers Tomcat, JBOSS, WebLogic, Web Sphere and Nginx for application deployments for Linux, UNIX and Windows.
Confidential - Indianapolis, IN
Cloud / DevOps Engineer
- Installed Bootstrapped Nodes, Workstation, Cookbooks and wrote Recipes and uploaded them on to the Chef-server, Managed On-site Applications/ OS/ Packages/ Services using Chef as well as AWS for EC2/S3&ELB with Chef Cookbooks.
- Managed Ubuntu, Linux and Windows virtual servers on AWS EC2, S3, ELB, ROUTE 53 with Opscode Chef Cookbooks/Recipes to manage applications on the cloud.
- Supported and implemented recipes for Chef Environment with over 100 servers. Implemented automated deployment configuration using Chef Cookbooks and recipes.
- Integrated Jenkins with repositories like GitHub to build Automation tools (Maven and Ant), and Artifact repository for pushing successful build code. Executed the Maven builds locally to troubleshoot Java code issue and merging related issues.
- Created and maintained Jenkins jobs that execute Shell scripts for automation using the post-build actions and storing artifacts within an Artifactory.
- Worked on the configuring the Jenkins to use MetaCase Software to build Java code and also to do the whole CI process on the java code generated by MetaCase.
- Constructed/Architected a CI Server and Implemented Build/Deploy automation Server utilizing Jenkins/Hudson, Subversion, Maven, Ivy Nexus, MS Build, Ant, Sonar, JIRA and Selenium for both .NET and J2EE Applications.
- Modeled and automated the End to End Continuous Integration/Deployment/Delivery pipeline which included building a Continuous Integration server utilizing tools like Jenkins, Ivy, Nexus, maven, Jira, Subversion, Git, Ant, Selenium and Sonar.
- Created and deployed development and management tools used for traditional Windows Server Containers and that they integrate with Docker for cross-platform deployment using Hyper-V Containers.
- Worked on Ansible to automate AWS instance creation and also deploying applications using yaml scripts. Worked on Playbooks using Python SSH utility to test and configure AWS instances with Python.
- Performed Input validation using ASP .NET Input Validation Controls like Required field Validator, Range Validator, Regular expression Validator, Compare Validator, Custom Validator and Validation Summary.
- Implemented several Tomcat Instances by using the Docker engine for running several Containerized AppServers. Worked on Docker and created virtual instances with Docker.
- Experience with and possess Understanding about OpenStack Open Source Datacenter Automation solutions.
- Managed, configured, and Installed Sudo for users to access the root privileges; also familiar with powerbroker environment, for role-based privileges.
- Experience in tools like JIRA, Agile/ Scrum methodology, Rally with short sprint cycle to release product. Involved in building applications on Windows Servers using PowerShell.
- Proficient in configuration of Kickstart servers for initiation of installation of Redhat Linux on multiple machines at once.
- Worked on Installation/Configuration/Administrated VMware ESXi 5.1/5.5 & 6.0 and migrated the existing servers into the VMware Infrastructure
- Scanning newly assigned LUNs to serves and assigning them to the volume group and increasing file system using the Red Hat volume manager. Mounting & un-mounting netapp storage LUNs to Linux servers and troubleshooting the encountered issues.
- Install, configure and support Microsoft technology solutions on windows 2008/2012 platform hosting web and database applications, while maintaining security patches, antivirus updates, backups, monitoring and performing routine server maintenance
- Worked on installing and managing different automation and monitoring tools like Nagios, Splunk and Puppet.
Confidential - Bothell, WA
Linux & Cloud Admin / DevOps Engineer
- Configuring, installing and maintaining Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.x/6.x operating systems in a large distributed environment at several Data Centres.
- Implementation of AWS solutions with the use of S3, EC2, EBS, RDS, Elastic Load Balancer, Optimized volumes, Auto scaling groups and security groups. Configured Elastic Load Balancers using EC2 Auto scaling groups and Created multi AWS VPC instances to be replicated across various regions for failover.
- Setup Puppet master, client architecture for configuration management and wrote scripts for deploying applications on QA, Dev production environment. Deploy and monitor scalable infrastructure on AWS using Puppet modules. Responsible for Puppet maintenance and implementation and development of puppet manifests in Ruby.
- Migrated applications to AWS cloud with the use of VMDK Import tools and managed applications once migrated into AWS and created storage systems within cloud.
- Performed Vstorage and VMotion administration for successful maintaining of data migration. Maintaining the Backups of VM's and taking snapshots.
- Installed monitoring tools Nagios/Splunk and centralized monitoring and logging for the systems that are running on cloud(s) and on-premise, using tools such as Nagios/Splunk.
- Architected Azure applications to scale, designed and implemented Storage Strategies that dynamic scale up and scale out based on the demand.
- Configured and Deployed Azure Websites, actively ran diagnostics, monitored and analysed Azure websites and helped in architecture design for Azure AD deployment.
- Designed and implemented Azure AD, Azure Virtual AD FS, ADFS Proxy and Azure Virtual Domain Controller and set co-existence to maintain applications within hybrid cloud.
- Developed automation scripting in Python (core) with the use of Puppet for deploying and managing Java applications on Linux servers.
- Installed Jenkins/Plugins for the GIT Repository, Setup SCM Polling for immediate build using Maven and Maven Repository (Nexus Artifactory) and deployed Apps with the use of custom ruby modules via Puppet as a CI/CD Process.
- Logged events from forced crash dumps and was involved in troubleshooting server issues and configured yum repository server for installing packages from centralized server.
- Installed Fuse for mounting keys on all Debian Production Servers for authentication without passwords.
- Performed release and build management in Stash/ Jenkins/ Git environment with Jenkins on-demand slaves in Amazon EC2 cloud, for Ubuntu Java development environment.
- Configured RedHat Kickstart for installation of multiple production servers and installed and configured the DCHP server for giving IP leases to the production servers. Managed RedHat Linux user accounts, directories, groups, and file permissions.
- Worked on server-side technologies such as Servlets, JSP, JNDI, EJB, JMS, JDBC, and RMI, XML, CORBA, HTML, Java Beans on the IBM WebSphere Application Server.
- Performance monitoring with the use of Iostat, Sar, MPstaton and VMstat servers and logged in to the munin monitoring tool for graphic view. Provision of support for building server, user administration tasks, patching, software installation, deployment, troubleshooting, performance tuning and KVM.
- Provided on call support 24/7 on Linux Production Servers. Responsible for security maintenance on Redhat Linux.
Confidential - St. Louis, MO
Systems & Build Release Engineer
- Deployed and configured instances by using Virtualization technologies such as VMware ESX/ESXi and created and managed VMs (virtual server) and got involved in virtual server maintenance.
- Installed & Configured Logical Volume Manager - LVM and Veritas Volume Manager on Sun Solaris and RedHat Linux Hardware and managed server Performance, Disk File Systems, Users Creation and granting of file access Permissions.
- Created user accounts, local and global groups, user administration, removal of Users ID from group and adding users in Sudoers file.
- Administrated NFS, DHCP, NIS, and DNS Samba services that run on Sun Solaris, AIX, and Red Hat Linux, configured servers, installed patches, and provided support for virtual infrastructure.
- Configured Resource Pool, V Motion, Alarms, Alerts, NTP, DRS, HA, and deployed virtual servers by using template and migrated Physical Servers to Virtual Servers with the help of VMware Converters and migrated Virtual Machines using V-Motion.
- Worked on Docker to create images and define them in Docker registry along with the Release and the development teams for handling any support issues.
- Supported the Solaris/Linux servers in QA/ production/ Development Environment, including RHEL VM's Solaris Zone and conducted system administration activities with the use of NIS, NFS, FTP, DHCP, Telnet and Send mail for Linux.
- Support for Unix/Linux systems administration, Problem resolution, operational support for server systems, sharing NFS files system, NFS client on remote machine, mounting and un-mounting NFS, sharing remote file folder, and starting &Stopping NFS services.
- Worked on MySQL setup, LAMP Setup in RHEL, Replication, Performance Tuning, Backup, Commands, and overall Administration along with building pipelines to run build jobs.
- Created build jobs in Jenkins server, created master-slave architecture and managed source code from GIT for building an artifact and pushing it into Nexus Repository.
- Installation and Activation after configuring routing logic, F5 Load balancers, creating new service pools, virtual servers, members within servers.
- Configured dashboards, and Installed JON Agent, alerts for JVM monitoring. Performance tuning, which included tuning existing heap values, and DB Connection settings etc.
- Migrated VM from one LUN to the other with the use of Storage vMotion, Created Templates from VM’s, deploy VM’s from templates and allocate resources
- Performance tuning Virtual sessions, VMware servers, and server resources management between Virtual Machines.
Confidential - Englewood Cliff, NJ
- Provided support in sorting out issues concerning Solaris, Linux, HP-UX Installation and hardware Maintenance in Production and development Environment as a key role in the Unix/Linux Support team.
- Worked on installation and configuration of VMware/ESX Servers needed for virtualizations and supported Oracle RAC (Real Application Cluster) Servers that run on Linux with Solaris and GFS with SFRAC.
- Maintenance, upgrading WebLogic, tuning WebSphere/JBoss and Web applications such as Java & Tomcat/Apache.
- Used the monitoring tool - Zabbix for maintenance and administration operations on a day-to-day basis for the company network working on Solaris and Linux Systems.
- Configured the NIS, and NIS+ on Red Hat Linux 5.1 and the update NIS maps and Organized the RHN Satellite Servers together with RHN Proxy Server and maintained and configured DHCP, DNS, NFS and automounter.
- Used YUM Software manager for installation and configuration of the RPM Packages.
- Production support for installation, management, configuration, and troubleshooting applications such as PHP, Apache, Tomcat and MySQL.
- Automated jobs through the development of custom scripts with the use of Shell (ksh, bash) and developed plans for Change, and Incident Management Process based on ITIL.
- Configured logical volumes with the use of logical volume manager (LVM) and configured mirroring.
- Merged generated reports based on request. Formatted the data into needed format with the use of UNIX Shell Scripts, Awk and SED.
- Deploying Oracle test databases and Veritas Clusters for implementing disaster recovery strategies and ensuring uninterrupted global system availability.
- Production support of JBoss and Apache including installation, management, configuration, and troubleshooting. Installation of Veritas NetBackup, Veritas Volume Manager, and Veritas Cluster Server on SAN Environment.