- AWS Cloud, DevOps Engineer, Build and Release Engineer, Linux and System Administrator.
- Integration, Configuration, Building, Packaging, Infrastructure Automation, Managing and Deploy code in different Environments.
- Developing various applications on Scrum/Agile Methodology which mainly focused on Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment Principles.
- Automating, Configuring and Deploying Instances on Azure environments which are available in On - premise.
- Developed Chef Cookbooks and Recipes using Ruby for various Database configurations to modularize and manage systems configurations.
- Experienced in using Ansible as a configuration management tool and developed Ansible Playbooks to provisioning the Infrastructure.
- Used Ansible Control server to deploy playbooks to the target machines available in the inventory file.
- Integrated Deployment Pipeline plugins, Ansible plug-in with Jenkins for automation of software installation and deployment process in target environments (QA, Dev and Production).
- Experience in using Version control and Source code Management tools like GIT, Subversion (SVN), and Bit bucket on UNIX/LINUX and Windows environments.
- Good experience in using MAVEN and ANT as a Build Tool for the building of deployable artifacts such as (war, jar, ear) from source code.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins CI/CD pipeline jobs for end-to-end automation like source code integration, build, and test and deliver artifacts and troubleshoot the build issue during the Jenkins build process.
- Skilled in monitoring servers using Nagios, Splunk, Data dog and Cloud watch to monitor running applications and servers with AWS cloud environment.
- Hands on experience in JIRA for creating bug-tickets, storyboarding, report generation, ticket management and managed configuring changes into production environment using the Jira tracking tool.
- Expertise in creating automated solutions using scripting languages such as Bash, shell, PERL, Ruby and Python.
- Installed, configured WebLogic, J boss, Apache Tomcat, J boss EWS software on IBM AIX, Sun Solaris and Red Hat Linux both in Test and Production Environments.
Platforms: UNIX, Linux (Red Hat 4.x,5.x,6.x), CentOS, Ubuntu, Solaris, Windows 8/7/Vista/ XP
Version Control Tools: Subversion (SVN), GIT, Bit bucket
CI/CD Tools: Hudson, Jenkins, Bamboo
Configuration Management: Ansible, Chef, Puppet
Build Tools: Ant, Maven, MS Build.
Programming Languages: C, Perl, Shell, Ruby, Groovy, Yaml, Python, Java, XML, HTML
Container platforms: Docker, Kubernetes
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Splunk, Prometheus, cloud watch
Cloud Platform: AWS, Azure, open stack
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Remedy, HP Quality Center
AWS Services: EC2, ELB, AMI, S3, VPC, RDS, IAM, Cloud Formation, SNS, SQS, Glacier, Cloud watch, CloudFront, CloudWatch.
Web/Application Servers: WebLogic, WebSphere, JBOSS, Apache Tomcat, Nginx
Network Protocols: TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, SNMP, SMTP, Ethernet, NFS
Database Systems: SQL Server 2000/2005, My SQL, Dynamo DB, Mongo DB, Cassandra, Oracle
Repository manager: Nexus, J frog
Confidential, Saint Louis, MO
AWS /DevOps Engineer
- Setting up and build the AWS cloud infrastructure using AWS services like IAM, VPC, EC2, EBS, RDS, S3, Glacier, Lambda, ELB, Auto scaling, Elastic Beanstalk, Route53, Cloud Front, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, SQS, SNS. Using cloud formation Templates
- Maintaining EC2 Services like Launching Instances, attaching volumes and snapshots, configuring security group and Monitoring.
- Created Users, Groups, Roles, Policies and Identity providers in AWS using Identity Access Management (IAM) for improved in login authentication.
- Creating S3 buckets and managing policies for S3 buckets and Utilized S3 bucket and moved to Glacier for storage.
- Implementing and setting up AWS security groups for AWS Instances on AWS Environment.
- Setting up databases in AWS using RDS, storage using S3 bucket and configuring instance backups to S3 bucket to ensure fault tolerance and high availability.
- Setting up Auto scaling of the instance group using AWS CLI (command line tools) and implemented for AWS cloud environments Prod/Dev/QA environments.
- Used AWS lambda to run servers without managing them and to trigger to run code by S3 and SNS.
- Versioning the source code, by releasing binary files, creating and applying labels on source files and release files Using GIT and GITHUB Repositories.
- To manage the AWS and other cloud infrastructure. Managed servers using configuration management products like Ansible or Puppet.
- Provisioned AWS resources, including VPC, Subnets, EC2, Security Groups by using Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools including CloudFormation, Terraform
- Created and customized the pom.xml files and developed maven scripts such as compile, validate, test Maven release plugin, and managed the maven repositories.
- Designed and configured CI/CD Pipelines in Jenkins to integrate source code, compile applications, perform tests and push build artifacts to Nexus and Deploy to across servers.
- Implemented Infrastructure automation through Ansible for auto provisioning the infrastructure such as code deployments, software installation and configuration updates which contains Ansible Playbooks.
- Developed ansible playbook and integrated with Jenkins to automate the deployment and configuration process of servers.
- Worked on creating the Docker containers and Docker consoles for managing the application life cycle.
- Used Docker for container snapshots, attaching to a running container, removing images, managing directory structures and managing containers in Docker registry.
- Worked on Container management using Docker by writing Docker files and set up the build automation tools Jenkins, Maven on Docker HUB.
- Involved in Integrating Docker container orchestration framework using Kubernetes by creating pods and managing nodes using Kubernetes master.
- Monitored System/Application Logs of server using Splunk to detect Production issues.
- Implemented and maintained the monitoring and alerting of production servers using AWS Cloud watch.
- Created issues/queries in JIRA to set of queries are for Epic, Story, and bug issue types.
Environment: AWS ( IAM, VPC, ECS, EC2, EBS, RDS, S3, Glacier, Lambda, ELB, Auto scaling, Elastic Beanstalk, Route53, Cloud Front, Cloud Watch, splunk, SQS, SNS) GIT, Maven, Tomcat, Jenkins, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes.
- Assigned Roles and policies to the users user groups by using Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- Configured both public and private sub-networks in virtual private cloud (VPC) and created security groups to associate with the networks to serve the traffic.
- Worked on Simple storage services (S3) for snapshot and Configured S3 lifecycle of Applications logs, including deleting old logs, archiving logs based on retention policy of Applications.
- Implemented AWS Auto Scaling for providing high availability of applications deployed on EC2 instances by observing the load of applications using AWS Cloud Watch.
- Coordinated with developers to establish and applying appropriate branching and merging conventions to git hub repository using GIT source control management.
- Defined dependencies and maven plugins in pom.xml file to automate and release source code to the repository manager in the form of .jar, war files.
- Installed and configured a continuous integration and Continuous Delivery Framework using Jenkins, chef, Maven& Nexus in Linux Environment to deploy artifact into tomcat server.
- Deployed and configured Chef Server and Chef Solo including bootstrapping of chef client nodes for provisioning infrastructure.
- Implemented Terraform modules for deployment of various applications across multiple cloud providers and managing infrastructure. Deploy and monitor AWS resources (EC2, VPC, ELB, S3, RDS) using Terraform.
- Designed and writing chef cookbook and recipes to automate the deployment process and to integrating chef cookbooks into Jenkins jobs for a continuous delivery framework.
- Created and implemented chef cookbooks for deployment and used Chef Recipes to create a Deployment directly into Amazon EC2 instances.
- Created Docker images from scratch, customized and modified base images from existing environment and maintained the images in Docker registry for development teams.
- Virtualized the servers using the Docker for the test and dev-environments needs. By using Docker run Docker PS commands.
- Written basic Docker files to startup instances and run applications.
- Used Nagios as a monitoring tool to identify and resolve infrastructure problems before they affect critical processes and worked on Nagios Event handlers in case of automatic restart of failed applications and services.
- Deployed and configured JIRA, both hosted and local instances for issue tracking, workflow collaboration, and tool-chain automation.
Environment: AWS (EC2, S3, VPC, ELB, RDS, Cloud Formation, Route 53, AMI, Lambda, CLI, CDN), Docker, Chef, Jenkins, Maven, Git, Jira, Groovy, Python, Tomcat, WebSphere, Auto Scaling.
Build and Release Engineer
- Installed, configured and maintained GIT and GITHUB Repository for versioning the source code by using git commands git push, pull, merge, rebase, stash and git tag.
- Integrated git with Jenkins to look and fetch the source code using POLLSCM option based on scheduled the job in crontab.
- Created and maintained maven repositories and involved in writing pom.xml files which contains dependencies and plugins to compile and validate and deploy the source code.
- Installed maven plugin on Jenkins to compile, validate, test and deploy the source code.
- Installed and configured Jenkins master and slave nodes and configure Jenkins builds for Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD).
- Integrated SonarQube with Jenkins for continuous inspection of code quality and analysis with SonarQube scanner for Maven.
- Built upstream and downstream jobs in Jenkins to build and deploy onto different environments.
- Created and automated the Jenkins pipeline using pipeline groovy script to check the status at each stage of application.
- Installed and administered JFrog repository manager and stored the artifact (.jar,.war,. ear) files generated by Maven during the build process.
- Managed and deployed the software configurations using Puppet, Puppet Dashboard, and Puppet DB for configuration management of target machines.
- Managed Servers and Reports using Puppet through host groups and Puppet modules and manifests.
- Coordinated with all the teams before and after the production deployments for the smooth production releases.
- Used Prometheus as a monitoring tool to identify and resolve infrastructure problems.
- Used service now as ticketing tool to track issues and manage tickets.
Environment: GIT, Jenkins, ANT, Maven, Nexus, SonarQube, puppet, Groovy. tomcat, Mongo dB, Oracle DB, Linux, Prometheus, service now.
- Experience in Installing, Configuring, Administrating, Troubleshooting, and Tuning, Kick starting, Security, Backup/Recovery and Upgrading Linux (Red Hat Linux and SUSE Linux) in large environments.
- Installation, configuration and maintenance DNS, SMTP, FTP, NFS, NIS, NIS+, RPM and Samba Web servers on Red hat Linux and CentOS.
- Installed and updated the systems with the new package updates using YUM and RPM.
- Installed and Configured Data Base Servers like MySQL, Maria DB, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Oracle DB (10g,11g), on various Linux Distributions.
- Rectifying server problems with rescue mode recover file system form console.
- Wrote Shell scripts and maintained in crontab to maintain and monitor different automated regular tasks.
- Rectified server problems with rescue mode and recover file system from console. Maintain Subversion/GIT repository giving access and group controls.
- Used Remedy as issue tracking tool.to track issues which are coming from different environments such as development, Test, Production servers.
Environment: Red Hat Linux 5.x, 6.x, Sun Solaris, CentOS, MySQL, and Tomcat, Maria DB, PostgreSQL, Mongo DB, Oracle DB.
- Installed, and administrated of all UNIX servers, includes Linux operating systems by applying relative patches and packages at regular maintenance periods using Red Hat Satellite server, YUM, RPM tools.
- Administered Linux servers for several functions including managing Apache/Tomcat server, mail server, and MySQL databases in both development and production.
- Performed failover and integrity test on new servers before rolling out to production.
- Wrote Shell scripts for automation of daily tasks, documenting the changes that happen in the environment in each server, analyzing the error logs, analyzing the User logs, are available in var/log/messages.
- Planned, scheduled and Implemented OS patches on Linux boxes as a part of proactive maintenance.
- Performed the administration of DNS and configuration of the database files.
- Remote system administration via tools like SSH and Telnet.
- Created and modified users and groups with SUDO permissions.
- Administered file systems and recognized file access problems.
- Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve problems with the OS build failures.
- Modified and Wrote scripts in Bash and Korn shell for optimizing day to day administration.
- Monitoring CPU, memory, physical disk, Hardware and Software RAID, multipath, file systems, network using the tools NAGIOS 4.0 monitoring.
- Supported 24x7 as Linux Administration for Red Hat Linux servers and resolved troubled tickets on shift rotation basis.
Environment: Red Hat Linux 5.x, 6.x, Auto sys, CentOS, VMware vSphere 4.0, VMware ESX 3.5.0, Shell Scripting, MySQL, Tomcat.