AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- Cloud and IT Systems Administration
- Windows Active Directory, DNS, NAP, RRAS, Federated Services and Trusts, Kerberos and NTLM, GPOs, TCP/IP, and more
- RRAS and TMGs
- Architecting and Engineering IT Solutions
- VMware and Hyper - V
- Azure Cloud Administration and Solutions engineering
- Azure PowerShell and Windows PowerShell
- Deep understanding of Cloud Administration and Engineering methodologies including CAP principals among others
- Expert knowledge of Citrix XenApp Server, XenDesktop Servers and farms
- SAN administration
- Hybrid cloud engineering
- TCP/IP, FCoE, iSCSI and others
- Exchange Online and Office 365
- Intune, NDES, MIM, AAD, EMS
- Expert knowledge in Azure IaaS and PaaS, and O365
- Adaptive problem solver and outstanding educator
- Cryptology and Mathematics Enthusiast
- Passionate interest for Java, Python, C++, and C languages
Confidential, Chicago, Los Angeles
SENIOR CLOUD AND XEXAPP SERVER ENGINEER/ARCHITECT
- Implemented Azure AD in a Hybrid Infrastructure for Confidential through Azure Active Directory connecting to on-premises AD DS infrastructure.
- Designed and engineered an SSO solution for use with Azure AD and Office 365 through AD FS and WAP services between Confidential and Azure.
- Engineered an Azure VPN solution allowing Confidential to extend their resources to and from the cloud in and with AD DS and Azure AD.
- Engineered an Azure Backup and Azure Site Recovery Service solution for Disaster Recovery so that on-prem workloads are backed up to Azure through VMware and ASR, and Azure Websites are backed up as well.
- Administered XenApp 7.2 Servers and application delivery to Confidential ’s mobile assets and partners with Confidential .
- Managed application delivery and permissions
- Managed application delivery performance with Citrix XenApp servers
- Implemented Service Fabric Clustering for micro transactions with Confidential stations located in Walmarts, Rite-Aids, and other retailers using the Confidential station.
- Provided expert support for Azure ServiceBus, Azure Websites, Azure EndPoints, VIPs, DIPS, and PIPs, as well as Azure Service Fabric, Cloud Services, VNETs, Storage, AAD, Connectivity, Security and IaaS and PaaS support as needed.
- Competent in Azure PowerShell 1.5 and Windows PowerShell 5.
- Managed O365 Security and Administration for users including email, Exchange online, and SharePoint
- Provide additional support for VMWare, XenServers and AD DS, AD DNS, and AD DHCP infrastructure within Confidential ’s Data Centers.
SENIOR MSFT AZURE ENGINEER/ARCHITECT
- Engineered Azure and Hybrid Cloud Environments for Confidential government and corporate accounts including:
- Engineered Azure migrations from on premises to Azure for Confidential government and corporate clients
- Architected several large Azure environments for Confidential clients
- Engineered Hyper-V environments for integration with Azure as well as Confidential private clouds for Confidential at Confidential which also included work for Confidential government and corporate clients.
- Wrote scripts that automated new Azure environments for clients as well as teaching and training clients on how to properly manage with Azure.
- Engineered Site Recovery Service both with VMware and Hyper-V for multiple government clients.
- Engineered and implemented STORSIMPLE for several government clients including Orange County IT, USC, LAX, LA Sheriff’s Department and others.
Confidential, Seattle and Redmond, Washington
SENIOR MSFT AZURE/VIRTUALIZATION ENGINEER/ARCHITECT
- Engineered CIE content for all of Confidential ’s Confidential worldwide including hybrid connectivity to Azure from Hyper-V VMs through F5 through RRAS with site to site VPNs.
- Managed and engineered demo platforms for Confidential by delivering scripted PowerShell routines to the Confidential .
- Engineered connectivity for Confidential using and delivering 0365 demos by crafting reliable connectivity, authentication and management using AD FS and WAP.
- Managed security updates for Confidential through weekly reports for needed patches once they were tested in the lab.
- Engineered PoCs for all Confidential using Azure and Azure Hybrid environments using including testing, verification of testing, documentation and security settings.
- Managed and created content for Confidential CIEs for training and customer immersion experiences with Azure.
- Managed vendor relationships with all Confidential worldwide when using the immersion center experience.
- Engineered Citrix XenApp Server deployments for clients integrating XenApp server environments within Azure cloud and supporting those clients with expert guidance for Citrix Xen performance and administration
Confidential, Kirkland, Washington
- AWS and Azure Management, Virtualization, Windows Servers, Exchange Servers, WDS, and Storage
Confidential, Seattle, Washington
SYSTEMS ENGINEER and XENAPP SERVER CONSULTANT
- Windows Server Management, Virtualization, Exchange Server, Storage; expert administration for Citrix XenApp farms including migration from XenApp Server 5 to 6.5
Confidential, Kirkland, Washington
SR. SYSTEMS ENGINEER and XENDESKTOP ADMINISTRATOR
- Developed enterprise virtual capacity analysis so that we could strategically deploy VMware vSphere 5.5.
- Implemented vCenter Operations Manager.
- This was initially deployed to our Phone Operations Centers but we extended its reach to the rest of the VMware environment that we implemented.
- Performed infrastructure service implementations, performance analysis and optimization, monitoring, problem resolution, upgrade planning and execution, and process creation and documentation by participating in services planning, design, and implementation.
- Citrix XenDesktop engineering within Citrix XenDesktop 7.2 environment leveraging Cisco UCS blade servers for hosting XenDesktop environments
- Redesigned Active Directory by upgrading the domain and integrated all AD Controllers as 2012 machines
- Redesigned Group Policy structure.
- Redesigned permissions and security
- Administered O365 and Exchange.
Confidential, Seattle, WA
SENIOR SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR and XENAPP SERVER ADMINISTRATOR
- Engineered and administered Windows Systems Administration and Engineering.
- VMware and Citrix Virtualization Administration and Engineering.
- Windows Active Directory Domain Services/Federated Services/Certificate Services.
- Skilled Citrix XenApp Server technologist and administrator; Managed XenApp Server 5 and 6 environments, performance tuning, GPO administration and security of XenApp servers.
- Storage Administration using Nimble and EqualLogic arrays.
- Redesigned the data center topology enabling others to know the tech we own at-a-glance and assisted in Data Center migration moving to an SDDC profile that saved money, resources and time.