- Skilled professional with 7+ years of experience in CI/CD (Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment) process, Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration, Build and Release Management and CloudImplementation all within that suites the needs of an environment under DevOps Culture.
- Extensive involvement working with AWS provided Solutions like EC2, ELB, VPC, Route 53, RDS, S3, IAM, and Cloud Watch, leveraged and managed AWS Instances using Chef with OHAI Orchestration and used Ansible server and workstation to manage and configure nodes.
- Experienced in Azure IAAS, Provisioning VM's, Virtual Hard disks, Virtual Networks, Deploying Web Apps and Creating Web - Jobs, Windows Server 2008/2012/R2, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Visual Studio, Windows PowerShell, Cloud infrastructure.
- Experience of designing and architect server less web application using AWS Lambda, API Gateway, Dynamo Db and Security Token Service ( STS)
- Expertise in Amazon AWS Cloud Administration which includes services: EC2, S3, EBS, VPC, ELB, Route 53, Auto Scaling, Security Groups, ECS and Cloud Formation.
- Broadly worked with VMware ESXi 5.1/5.5/6.0, vCenter Server, Host Clustering with HA, DRS, Replication Manager 5.x/6.0, Site Recovery Manager, vMotion, Physical to Virtual Migration and Managing SAN Datastores with, iSCSI, NFS & FC and also Experience in implementation and maintenance of VMware, DNS, DHCP, NIS, NFS, SMTP and Amazon Linux instances.
- Headed Proof-of-Concepts (POC) on Splunk ES implementation, mentored and guided other team members on Understanding the use case of Splunk.
- Hands on experiences in Cloud Formation and Lambda
- Experienced in Architecting and deploying clustered/distributed Splunk Enterprise 6.x implementations to large, complex customers.
- Extensive hands-on experience in using AWS including EC2, Auto-Scaling in launching EC2 instances, Elastic Load Balancer, Elastic Beanstalk, S3, Glacier, Cloud Front, RDS, VPC, Route53, Cloud Watch, Cloud Formation, IAM, SNS.
- Integrating Splunk with a wide variety of legacy data sources and industry leading commercial security tools that use various protocols.
- Experience in Kubernetes for automation deployment and management of containerized applications.we can run it on-premise build the Docker images for Apache and Tomcat servers and ran images inside the containers.
- Hands-on experience with EC2, ECS, ELB, EBS, S3, VPC, IAM, SQS, RDS, Lambda, Cloud Watch, Storage Gateway, Cloud formation, Elastic Beanstalk and Autoscaling
- Good understanding of Open shift platform in managing Dockercontainers and KubernetesClusters.
- Worked on infrastructure with Docker containerization and on maintaining, Openshift Docker Images and containers.
- Worked to setup Jenkins as a service inside the Dockerswarm cluster to reduce the failover downtime to minutes and to automate the Dockercontainers deployment without using configuration management tool
- Experience writing Ruby, Python, Shell (Bash), Perl and Batch/PowerShell scripts to automate the deployments (CD).
- Hands on Experience in Middleware tools through Puppet such as WebSphere Application Server 7.x/8.x, JBOSS GA7/EAP6, IBM IHS, Apache & Tomcat.
- Installation, Configuration and Management of RDBMS and No SQL tools such as SQL Server 2008/2012/2014 , MySQL, DB2, PostgreSQL, MongoDB and Cassandra.
- Experienced in Writing ChefRecipes to automate our build/deployment process and do an overall process improvement to any manual processes.
- Using Puppet, Experienced in automation/configuration management with Installation of Puppet Master, Agents, Puppet DB, Custom Modules and Manifests and Puppet Open Source with Apache and Phusion Passenger.
- Experience working with Ansible. Installed, configured, and managed Ansible Playbooks. Spinning up EC2 instances through Ansible roles and managing roles and automation with AWS services such as S3, EC2.
- Experienced in MAVEN & ANT as Build Tool for building of deployable artifacts (war) from source code. Installation and deployment management repository generated by Maven and Ant artifacts, and store the build process using dependency jar.
- Enabling customers to better manage software development, deployments and infrastructure with tools such as Ansible, Jenkins and GITHub.
- Installed, Configured, Managed Monitoring Tools such as Splunk, Nagios, and iCinga for Resource Monitoring/Network Monitoring/Log Trace Monitoring.
- Involved in setting up JIRA as defect tracking system and configured various workflows, customizations and plug-in for the JIRA bug/issue tracker.
Amazon Web Services: EC2, Elastic Load balancer (ELB), Route 53,VPC, S3, Glacier, AMI, EC2, Lambda, Elastic Ip s, key Pairs, Security Groups and IAM,CFT,Cognito, API, EMR
Automation Tools: Ansible, Chef and Puppet
Scripting Languages: Python, Perl and Shell scripting
OS Administration: RedHat 5.X 6.X,7.X Linux administration, Solaris 10 Administration
Web/AppServers: Apache, Nginx, Web Logic, Apache Tomcat, Jboss, LAMP and Jetty
Networking: DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, SMTP, LDAP
Build Tools: ANT, Maven, Jenkins, Cruise Control and UDeploy,Bamboo
Project Tracking/Bug Tracking Tools: Service NOW and JIRA
Operating Systems: Red Hat Linux ES & Centos OS 4.X, 5.X, 6.X & 7.X, Ubuntu 10.X Solaris 10, Windows 2K, XP, 2003, NT, 2008, 2012
Database Servers: MYSQL Server, Oracle and MONGODB,DynamoDb and DocDb
Monitoring Tools: Dynatrace, Nagios and Splunk,ElkStack
Version control tools: Git, BitBucket
Virtualization/Container: Docker and VMware,Kubernetes
Sr. Cloud AWS Engineer
Confidential, Chicago, Illinois.
- Implementing a full end CI/CD pipeline integrated using the AWS Developer tools like CodeCommit, CodeBuild and CodeDeploy and Deploying it into ECS/Fargate Cluster.
- Mapped On Entire different paths to migrate the Banking application on to cloud considering various approaches like Re-architecting and refactoring and rehosting of the application.
- Written CloudFormation Templates to provision the entire Infrastructure on cloud and used Platform As A Service to launch some Banking related web applications
- Involved in building database Model, APIs and Views utilizing Python, in order to build an interactive web-based solution.
- Maintained the user accounts (IAM), RDS, Route 53, VPC, RDB, Dynamo DB, SES, SQS and SNS services in AWS cloud and migrating the production SQL Server onto AWS Red Shift database.
- Configuring the prebuilt environments by stating the compute and storage and databases attached and stacked up the entire services in the Service Catalog for the newly created Iam users without going them to have build their own services and implemented Cost Efficiency
- Implementing a SIngleSignon using AWS Cognito, managed userpools and identities of the users and connecting them to their social accounts using SAML 2.0
- Developing the Cognito Userpools for the Bank Customers as an sso service and federate through a third party Identity Networks
- Created automated pipelines in AWS CodePipeline to deploy Docker containers in AWS ECS using services like CloudFormation, CodeBuild, CodeDeploy, S3 and puppet .
- Managed the tokens returned from social networks from Openid Connect and SAML ids with a successful sign in of a Userpool using Cognito Authentication .
- Automated the Delivery of code to all environments using Ansible Tower and managed the Contanirerized workload with Docker.
- Setup and build AWS infrastructure various resources VPC EC2, S3, IAM, EBS, Security Group, Auto Scaling, and RDS in Cloud Formation JSON templates.
- Integrated the Upstream with CI and build process and downstream with QA process to have the feedback to ContinousIntegration process
- Frontend for the co-ordination of project source code and various changes builds and pull requests were handled by the BitBucket and Continous Integration, deployment and orchestration which has builds in a single workflow to have the reliable product builds were taken care of Bamboo
- The Continous code quality inspection and analysis had managed by the SonarQube, and used Artifactory to manage the dependencies and deliverables(war,jar,ear)
- Used Ansible to Orchestrate application and configuration deployment.
- Searched across the datasource using customizable dashboard analysis and visualization of data using ElasticStak, LogStash and Kibana
- Managed all the Docker Containers on Openshift On prem and used Fargate on Cloud.
Environment: AWS, DevOps, Apache Tomcat, Splunk, Agile, JIRA, Chef, Jenkins, Ant, Maven, Python, Django, Shell Scripting (Bash), Git, Jdk1.7, MYSQL, Windows Server 2008, FTP, DNS, Rest API, Red Hat 5/6, Selenium.
Sr. Cloud AWS Engineer
Confidential, Chicago, Illinois.
- Migrating complex, multi-tier applications on Cloud Platforms. Designing and deploying enterprise-wide scalable operations on Cloud Platforms. Automating daily tasks using complex scripts to install, configure and deploying the applications in cloud infrastructure.
- The application is broken down into different microservices and deployed them as services, replica sets and pods and also used Kibana Monitoring tool to look at the pods state and their metrics.
- Performing applications migrations and server migrations after gathering the required inputs from the customer.
- Used Amazon EC2 Command Line Interface (CLI) along with Bash/Python to automate repetitive work in release activities with Project / Release Management and Development teams to ensure a smooth and trouble free roll out of releases.
- Involved in Designing and deploying AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups.
- Developed Python modules to automate processes in AWS (AWS cloud formations/ EC2, Boto API).
- Configuration management and deployments using Chef server with understanding of Knife and ChefBootstrap process etc and writing Terraform templates, Chef cookbooks, receipes and pushed them onto ChefServer for configuring EC2instances.
- Used Cloud Formation and launch configurations to automate the repeatable provisioning of AWS resources through as cli and console. Used Amazon IAM to grant fine-grained access to AWS resources to users
- Designing different roles and permissions for these groups and proposing limitations for these users using JSON and YAML scripts in IAM to make sure that only who need access for the service will get that and rest of the services cannot be accessible.
- Establish and enforces SysOpsbest practices, process and guidelines; responsible for SysOps resources and all environments
- Validate the deliverable features by testing the interaction of the Projects software components in a production-like environment
- Used Jenkins pipelines to drive all micro services builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes, Created Pods and managed using Kubernetes
- Building/Maintaining Docker container clusters managed by Kubernetes Linux, Bash, GIT, Dockeron AWS.
- Utilized Kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment of the CI/CD system to build, test deploy.
- Involved in development of test environment on Docker containers and configuring the Docker containers using Kubernetes.
- Developed microservice on boarding tools leveraging Python and Jenkins allowing for easy creation and maintenance of build jobs and Kubernetes deploy and services.
- Refactoring of monolithic applications to a Microservices and Component based architectures.
- Worked on deployment automation of all the micro services to pull image from the private docker registry and deploy to docker swarm cluster using Chef.
- Building/Maintaining Docker container clusters managed by Kubernetes Linux, Bash, GIT, Docker, on AWS Worked with OpenShift platform in managing Docker containers and Kubernetes Clusters.
- Recovery service vault for AMI’s Backup and Site recovery planning for Disaster recovery.
- Raising firewall requests with networking team to open ports for different teams to make users to communication and access the cloud environment.
- Supported On-Call Rotation and involved in Sock/Bride calls to maintain the Zero Outage for Prod Environment and Non-Prod Environment.
Confidential, Seattle, WA.
- Configuring and deploying instances on AWS environment and Data centers, also familiar with EC2, Cloudwatch, ElasticSearch and managing securitygroups on AWS.
- Designed AWSCloudFormationtemplates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Webapplications and databasetemplates.
- Provide highly durable and available data by using S3datastore, versioning, lifecyclepolicies, and create AMIs for mission criticalproduction servers for backup
- Maintained the user accounts (IAM), RDS, Route53, VPC, RDB, DynamoDB, SES, SQS and SNS services in AWScloud.
- Build and configure a virtual data center in the Amazon Web Services cloud to support Enterprise Data Warehouse hosting including VirtualPrivateCloud (VPC), Public and PrivateSubnets, SecurityGroups, Route Tables, Elastic Load Balancer.
- Experience in Using Terraform to wrote CloudFormation scripts automate the provisioning of AWSresourceslike IAM, EC2, S3, Route 53, SNS, RDS, ELB and Auto Scaling and make calls to Puppetscripts that provisioning / configuration of servers on the instances. Using terraform we had customized our infrastructure in aws configuration dashboard usingaws resources.
- Managing Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure with automation and configuration managementtools such as Chef or custom-built .designing cloud-hosted solutions, specific AWS product suite experience.
- Possessing strong knowledge in Ant and Maven build tools and implementing it with Jenkins with AWSservices ( EC2, EBS, S3, RDS, IAM, VPC, Cloud formation, Auto-scaling ). Created and managed cloud VMs with AWSEC2 command line clients and AWS management console.
- Migrated VMWAREVMs to AWS and Managed Services like EC2, S3 Bucket, Route53, ELB, EBS Etc … Automatic flow of AMI creates to launch configuration and Auto scaling update with Ansible Playbooks. Setup S3 , Glacier , S3-RRS, S3-IA with versioning and Life Cycle Policy. Setup Encryption method on S3 with SSE-S3, SSE-KMS, and SSE-C.
- Used Cloud Formation and launch configurations to automate the repeatable provisioning of AWS resources through as cli and console . Used Amazon IAM to grant fine-grained access to AWS resources to users
- Written Chef Cookbooks and recipes to Provision several pre-prod environments consisting of Deployment automation, Web Logic domain creations and several proprietary middleware installations.
- Implemented Chef , including the internal best practices, cookbooks , automated cookbook CI and CD system.
- Expert knowledge of public cloud providers (Amazon AWS/AZURE) and their technology offering, API s and enterprise integration points.
- Designed and implemented for fully automated server build management, monitoring and deployment by using Chef . Configured Chef-Server , Chef-Analytics and ChefWorkstation , used existing recipes from ChefRepository , Including provisioning of bootstrapped CHEF client nodes. Also, created Recipes, Roles, Data Bags and Cookbooks for Server Configuration, deployment and app stack build outs.
- Configured DockerEngine with DockerSpecificCommands , Created Custom DockerImages , and Deployed DockerContainers on AWS as Part of CloudFormationTemplate . Worked on creation and managing ITinfrastructure and application stack using AWSCloudFormation and writing the template file using JSON
- Designing and implementing for fully automated serverbuildmanagement, monitoring and deployment By Using chef.Integration of ConfigurationManagement Systems like Chef with AWS for code deployment.
- Launched Different EC2 Virtual Servers in public cloud using AWSAuto-scaling and prebakedAmazon Machine Images (AMI) through Chef Cookbooks and Roles to maintain the production environment all times highlyavailable.
- Wrote different Chef Cookbooks for installing, configuration, and upgrading different Applications on the Servers like Apache, Tomcat, Nginx, Jboss and Jetty.
- Designed rapid deployment method using Chef to auto deploy servers as needed. Experienced on ansible server build from scratch and writing Chef Cookbooks to make configuration changes.
- Experience in Ansible using both Pull and Push modes and also provisioning both virtual and physical instances. Experienced in configuremanagement, automaticallydeploying and patching complex applications using Chef Cookbooks.
- Implemented a ContinuousDeliverypipeline with Docker, Jenkins, GitHub and AWSAMI’s,whenever a new GitHub branch gets started, Jenkins, our ContinuousIntegrationserver,automatically attempts to build a new Dockercontainer from it.
- Build DockerImages and ran containers in the testingEnvironment Experience with DockerSwarm for orchestration of Dockercontainers.
- Experience on working with docker and kubernetes for maintaining and administration of containers and running/managing containers, container snapshots and managing images.
- Used kubernetes for automation deployment, scaling and operations of application containers across multiple clusters. Build the Docker images and ran inside the containers in the testing environment.
- Enabled ContinuousDelivery through Deployment into several environments of Development, Test and Production using Maven and Sonarqube
- Developing automated process for code builds and deployments; Jenkins, Ant, Maven, SonartypeNexus, ShellScript, Perl, Java.
- Proficient on Automation tools like SeleniumRC/WebDriver (Functional&RegressionTesting), TestNG, Junit, ANT, Maven, Jenkins and SOAPUIPro for testing Client Server and WebbasedApplications.
- Developing MicroservicesRestfulAPIs that provides fast and efficient data exchange against SQL and NoSQL Databases for the BISaaS product.
- Developed a fully automated continuous integration system using Git, Gerrit, Jenkins, MySQL and custom tools developed in Python and Bash.
- Representation of the system in hierarchy form by defining the components, subcomponents using Python and developed set of library functions over the system based on the user needs.
- Using Chef deployed and configured Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana (ELK) for log analytics, full text search, application monitoring in integration with AWSLambda and CloudWatch.
- Worked on Dynatrace App iQ platform product suite includes Application Monitoring, End User Monitoring, Database Visibility, Infrastructure Visibility, and Application Analytics.
- Extensively worked on administration of VMware VSphere , ESXI5.1/5.5/6.0, VMware View, VCenter Server , HostClustering with HA, DRS, Replication Manager 5.x/6.0, Site Recovery Manager, VMotion, Physical to Virtual Migration and Managing SANDatastores with , ISCSI, NFS&FC ..
- Used vRealizeAutomation (vRA) and vRealizeOrchestrator and Powershell to automate virtual machine build process for DevOps , QA and Production teams reducing Server deployment time from 5days to 1 hr.
- Deploy and manage vRealizeAutomation6.x, 7.0 and 7.1 , vCloudOrchestrator and vCloudNetwork and Security for DevOps and privatecloud implementation. Role included System, Tenant and Infrastructureadministration managing entire private cloud implementation for various business groups and tenants.
- Implemented multi Node OpenStack KILO Architecture on KVM Using Latest Release of Ubuntu with Services like Horizon , Nova , Neutron , Glance , Cinder , and Keystone &Swift.
- Adding Compute nodes into OpenStack cloud platform. Responsible for supporting and maintaining OpenStack in a production environment.
- Deployed Puppet , PuppetDashboard and PuppetDB for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Expertise in Puppet Administration tool (Ingrown tool), a tool which acts as a puppet dashboard for managing puppetprofiles, modules, classes and top scope variables .
- Experience in creating Applications, Modules, Tables and Columns as per the requirements in ServiceNow . Knowledge in integrating LDAPServer with ServiceNow to get the organizational Users, Groups, Roles .
- Design, configure and implement solutions in ServiceNow to meet business needs while maintaining a long-term vision of the platform in those solutions (including but not limited to Business Rules, Client Scripts, UI Policies , UI Actions, Catalog Items, Workflows, Service Portal Administration, and CMDB )
- Automated Nagios services for database server, web-server, application-server, networks, file sizes , RAM utilization, Disk performances using Python script in Chef
- Experience in designing and implementing continuous integration system using Jenkins and Bamboo by creating Python and Perlscripts . Implemented continuous integration and deployment using various CItools like Jenkins, Bamboo and Hudson.
- Extensively worked on BEAWeblogicTomcat 5 .x/6. x, Apache HTTP Server 2.2.x as administrator for server Installations, Configuration, Application components deployment, performance tuning including troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Experience in working on various WebSphere components such as Workload Management (WLM), Clustering and troubleshooting WebSphere related problems. Deployed application ears on WebSphereApplicationServerNetworkDeployment in QA , Staging and given support to Production environments on a Trouble ticket system , and troubleshoot various configuration and application issues.
- Involved in developing complex scripts to automate jobs, troubleshooting and resolved the Splunk performance, search poling, log monitoring issues, role mapping and dashboard creation .
- Monitoring application performance with APM/Diagnostics tools such as, AppDynamics , Dynatrace and Splunk , AWSwatch .
- Expertise in using Application Monitoringtools like Dynatrace , Solarwinds (DBA), Appdynamics , splunk and grafana to analyze, debug and identify the bottlenecks .
- Implemented a CI/CD framework using Jenkins , Maven & Artifactory in Linux environment and Integration of Maven/Nexus, Jenkins, Git and JIRA .
- Documented the ongoing activities on daily basis in Jira - Confluence to support reproductivity for various Complex issues.
- Analyze and resolve conflicts related to merging of source code for GIT , Subversion (SVN)/ BitBucket . Implemented & maintained the branching and build/release strategies utilizing GIT and STASH / Bitbucket .
- Deployed applications on tomcat server using UDeploy , Configured Splunk, Moving Content and configurations from old infra servers to new infra VM's using subversion control(SVN) and uDeploy.
- Extensive knowledge in advance features of VMware VMotion, SVMotion, HA and DRS including vSphere Update Manager, VMware Data Recovery, vCenter Lab Manager and vCenter Orchestrator.
- Installed and monitored VMware Virtual environments with ESX 3.x, ESX i servers & Virtual Center 2.X and Experience in configuring VMware standard Vswitch & dvswitch and configured VMwarevirtualmachine port groups, console ports groups, vmkernal port groups and vlans.
- Experience in installation and administration of Domain Controller (DC), Additional DC, CDC, RODC clients and Member servers and Experience in configuring Microsoft Load balancer (MLB) for Web Servers and Applications servers to distribute load and High Availability.
- Integrated different hypervisor platforms for virtualization such as KVM and VMware ESXi6 also maintained High Availability, DRS, VMotion, Storage VMotion and Fault Tolerance.
- Configuration of Linux Kernel Module. NFS client/server, Telnet and FTP, swap space and administrating and controlling the processes running on the system and automating repetitive tasks.
- Installation & Maintenance like replacing bad disks including bootable disks, OS, patch installation, Configuration of DNS, auto mount , and NIS and NFS services.
- Maintaining appropriate file and system security, monitoring and controlling system access, changing permission, ownership of files and directories, maintaining passwords, assigning special privileges to selected users and controlling file access, monitoring status of process in order to increase system efficiency, scheduling system related cron jobs.
- Deploy, Maintain configure, troubleshooting logs and providing application support for the in-house applications such as Intelliconnect and SAAS on Red Hat Linux boxes.
- Maintain and schedule company backups and participate in disaster recovery planning and testing SAN configuration, Zoning on Fiber Channel Switches, load balancing the network.
- Responsible for designing/building/configuring documentation related to Red Hat EnterpriseLinux via Kick start/PXE and Red Hat Satellite server.
- Designed, managed, implemented and supported: Backup/Recovery/Archive, Security Startup/Shutdown, Mass Storage (SAN/NAS), OS Installations/Patches, Hardware/Software installation, Batch scheduling, Data center Migration, Application and Server performance.
- Configured distributed filesystems and administering NFS server and NFS clients and editing auto-mounting mapping as per system / user requirements.
- Worked on Creating, Upgrading and Maintaining user accounts, profiles, security, user permissions, Disk space, Performance tuning and Process monitoring.
- Configured servers with Password less SSH login and Created Cronjobs to automate monitoring scripts and generating SNMP alerts.
- Monitored the performance of the system using top, sar, ps, prstat, vmstat, netstat, iostat and CPU info to check the CPU utilization, bottlenecks of I/O devices, memory usage and network traffic.
- Set up, configured and trouble shoot TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, NFS, CIFS and SAMBA servers in a multiplatform LAN.Monitoring and log management on UNIX and Linux servers, including processes, crash and swapmanagement, with passwordrecovery and performancetuning.
- Worked on Volumemanagement, DiskManagement, softwareRAID solutions using VERITAS Volume manager. File system Tuning and growing using VERITAS File System (VxFS).
- Configured optimal RAID levels (fault tolerance) for protected data storage in NAS environments and configured Firewall rules, networks Security and hardening of instances using CIS benchmark and STIG.
- Set up the multiple Cron Jobs for Various Daily Activities for both Non-Prod and Prod Servers.