- Around7 years of experience in IT industry 4+ years of LinuxSystem Administration working on RedHat Linux, CentOS, Ubuntu, Windows environments, and VMware vSphere and2 years of experience in DevOps environments such as (DEV, TEST, STAGE& PROD) completely automated.
- Experienced in Cloud automation using AWS Cloud Formation templates, Python, Ruby, Chef (DevOps), Puppet (DevOps), Vagrant.
- Installation, Configuration and Administration of VMware VSphere4, ESXI 5.1/5.5/6.0, VMware View, vCenter Server, Host Clustering with HA, DRS, Replication Manager 5.x/6.0, Site Recovery Manager, VMotion, Physical to Virtual Migration and Managing SANDatastores with, iSCSI, NFS&FC
- Worked with VMwareOrchestrator, VMware realize Automation 6.0 (vRA), catalog management, creating cloud server provisioning entitlements, creating and defining business groups, creating catalogue items, creating services for the catalogue items, creating Windows 2010/2012) and Linux (Red Hat6) blueprints.
- Experience in Installing, upgrading and configuring Red Hat Linux 4.x, 5.x, and 6.x usingKick start Servers
- Extensively worked on Jenkins/Hudson/Teamcity/Ansible/Bamboo/Docker by installing, configuring and maintaining for the purpose of continuous integration (CI) and for End to End automation for all build and deployments.
- Experience in development and configuration experience with software provisioningtools like Chef, Puppet and Ansible
- Experience on Cloud Databases and Data warehouses ( SQL Azure and Confidential Redshift/RDS).
- Expertise in configuring and managing services like AWS EC2 using AMI’s available. Configured multiple servers depending on application needs using continuous integration tools like Jenkins
- Experience working on configuration management in Linux using Puppet there by developing Puppet Manifests using ruby for provisioning applications and scripts.
- Expertise in using build tools like MAVEN and ANT for the building of deployable artifacts such as war & ear from source code.
- Develop solution for setting up Container Orchestration Platform named Kubernetes and maintain by running multiple Micro services as Docker containers.
- Experience in setting up Kubernetes clusters for running micro services and deploying them into Production environment
- Experience in Branching, Merging, Tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like Subversion (SVN), GIT (GitHub, GitLab), Clear case, Harvest and VSS.
- Designing the entire cycle of application development by using Docker
- Wrote custom monitoring and integrated monitoring methods into deployment processes to develop self - healing solutions using Nagios, Graphite and Zabbix etc.
- Implanted continuous integration concepts using Hudson, Cruise Control, Jenkins and AnthillPro
- Installed and configured monitoring tools such as Nagios, Splunk,SiteScope for monitoring the network bandwidth and the hard drives status.
- Conduct systems design, feasibility & cost studies and recommend cost-effective cloud solutions like Amazon Web Services (AWS) and experience with Perforce, Subversion and CVS.
- Involved in handling Tickets, Monitoring, Troubleshooting and maintenance for Day to day Activities
- Management of library versions and deprecated code, Design and sequencing of automated builds & test runs and Troubleshooting expertise - build failures due to dependencies, tests, etc
- Worked with Engineers, QA, business and other teams to ensure automated test efforts are tightly integrated with the build system and in fixing the error while doing the deployment and building.
- Good Interpersonal Skills, team-working attitude, takes initiatives and very proactive in solving problems and providing best solutions.
- Expertise in troubleshooting the problems generated while building, deploying and also in production support.
- In-depth experience in developing and supporting both production and development environments.
- Good understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile, Scrum, and Waterfall methodologies.
Operating Systems: RHEL/Cent OS 5.x/6.x/7, Ubuntu/Debian/Fedora, Sun Solaris 7/8/9/10, Windows Server
Build/Automation Tools: Puppet, Chef, Ant, Maven, Ansible, Jenkins, Hudson &Bambo, Docker
Languages: Shell, Bash, Perl, Ruby and Python scripting
Database: MySql, MongoDB, SQL Server
Web/Application Servers: Apache Tomcat, WebSphere Application Server, JBoss
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Remedy and IBM Clear Quest.
Version Control Tools: SVN, GitHub, Subversion
Web Programming: Servlets, JDBC, JSP, XML, HTML, .Net, Java Script, Java/J2EE, C, C++, Ruby, Perl scripting
Confidential, Charlotte NC
- Automated the installation, deployment and maintenance of Middleware Application Servers to RHEL development and Test Environments.
- Experienced in using AWS cloud Formation and Puppet together to automate the entire deployment and management process, from AWS resources through the application artifacts
- Included working in VMwareOrchestrator, VMware vRealize Automation 6.0 (VRA), catalog management, creating cloud server provisioning entitlements, creating and defining business groups, creating catalog items, creating services for the catalog items, creating Windows and Linux (Red Hat6) blueprints.
- Deploy and monitor scalable infrastructure on Amazon web services (AWS)& configuration management using Puppet
- Experience with container-based deployments using Docker, working with Docker images, Docker hub and Docker registries, installation and configuring Kubernetes and clustering them.
- Implemented a production ready, load balanced, highly available, Fault tolerant Kubernetes infrastructure
- Implemented Migration from VMWARE to AWS using VMDK Import tools
- Used Puppet for performing activities from provisioning to reporting and used Puppet to automate the slave configuration setup and maintenance.
- Managing Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure with automation and configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, or custom-built. Designing cloud-hosted solutions and specific AWS product suite experience.
- Worked with Ansible Playbooks for zero-downtime installation, upgrade, downgrade, and uninstall processes (MongoDB, Redis, and MySQL).
- Deployed DevOps using Puppet, Dashboard, and Puppet DB for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Resolved update, merge and password authentication issues in Jenkins and Jira and implementing Tool Suites for (Jira, Jenkins).
- Provided end-user training for all GIT and Subversion (SVN) users to effectively use the tool
- Involved in development and configuration experience with software provisioning tools like Puppet and Ansible.
- Exposure to Marathon & Zookeeper cluster environment for application deployments &Docker containers.
- Automated MySQL container deployment in Docker using Python and monitoring of these containers using Nagios
- Wrote scripts and indexing strategy for a migration to Confidential Redshift from SQL Server and MySQL databases
- Involved in editing the existing MAVEN files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
- Managed Maven project dependencies by creating parent-child relationships between projects.
- DevOps engineer for a team that involved different development teams and multiple simultaneous software releases.
- Used JIRA for change management and bug tracking and automated the JIRA tasks using Jira cl and Perl.
- Developed and implemented Software Release Management strategies for various applications according to the agile process.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of processes and associated scripts/tools for automated build, testing and deployment of the products to various developments.
- Performance Tuning and Management for Linux/AIX server and working with the application/database team to resolve issues.
- Day to day administration of the Development environment and Production and Test environment systems. 24x7 on-call support
Environment: Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Linux/AIX, VMware, Amazon web services (AWS), Git, Github, SVN, Puppet, Ansible, TFS, Maven, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, Jira.
Confidential, Pittsburgh, PA
- Using the Opscode Chef Cookbooks/recipes Migrated the VMWARE VMs to AWS and Managed Services like EC2, S3Bucket, Route, ELB, EBS etc. Responsible for CI and CD using Jenkins, Rundeck and Chef.
- Installed, Deployed Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.x/7.x, CentOS and installation of packages and patches for Red Hat Linux Servers.
- Installed/Configured Redhat Linux cluster 5x version & Configuring the cluster resources
- Upgrading the kernel in all the Redhat Linux servers and creating initrd image to boot from the Upgraded kernel
- Migration of RedhatLinux servers from 4.x version and working with the application team to resolve the issues post migration.
- Mounting & unmounting the netapp storage LUNs to the Redhat Linux servers and troubleshooting the issues encountered
- Worked on AWS Data Pipeline to configure data loads from S3 to into Redshift
- Adding storage to the cluster disks and increasing/decreasing the filesystem in RHEL.
- Designed and implemented Chef, including the internal best practices, cookbooks, automated cookbook CI and CD system. Made use of Jenkins for Chef CI, Rake for style and linting
- Involved with configuration management and automation tools such asChef, Ansible.
- Setup Docker Orchestration platform like ECS, Kubernetes for deployment of docker containers on AWSCloud
- Implemented Kubernetes to deploy scale, load balance, scale and manage Docker containers with multiple names spaced versions.
- Implementing new projects builds framework using Jenkins & maven as build framework.
- Automated with in AWS (Amazon Web Services) including deploying new server instances through automation with Chef.
- Written/Developed Chef Cookbooks to automate the entire deployment process as well as Infrastructure admin tasks.
- Designing and implementing for fully automated server build management, monitoring and deployment By Using DevOps Technologies like Chef.
- Worked on Installation/Configuration/Administrated VMware ESXi 5.1/5.5 & 6.0 and migrated existing servers into VMware Infrastructure.
- Administration of RHEL 6 which includes installation, testing, tuning, upgrading and loading patches, troubleshooting server issues.
- Also used to automate the job control system so that scheduling, monitoring and reporting can be performed automatically.
- Installed Build Forge and performed troubleshooting during installation.
- Management of library versions and deprecated code, Design and sequencing of automated builds & test runs and Troubleshooting expertise - build failures due to dependencies, tests, etc.
Environment: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.x/7.x, Chef, Ansible, Docker, Python, MongoDB, Jenkins, Ansible, kubernetes
- Administered, maintained Red Hat 3.0, 4.0, 5.0, AS, ES, Troubleshooting Hardware, Operating System Application & Network problems and performance issues and Deployed latest patches for, Linux and Application servers, Performed Red Hat Linux Kernel Tuning.
- Administered Linux servers for several functions including managing Apache/Tomcat server, mail server, and MySQL databases in both development and production.
- Created users, manage user permissions; maintain User & File System quota on Red hat Linux.
- Attended team meetings, change control meetings to update installation progress, and for upcoming changes in environment.
- Used ANT & MAVEN build tools in Jenkins to build scripts and move from one environment to other
- Provide remote support for Linux servers and maintaining SLAs, Performance tuning and enhancing. Production Support for 100+Linux Serverscustomizing the applications according to the business requirements.
- Responsible for Connectivity Issues among various Servers and Switches and also responsible for installation of various hardware components on various servers.
- Responsible for Patches for the operating system, building startup shell scripts, managing the automation of cron jobs and managing file systems.
- Integrated JIRA with Stash and created automated release notes using Perl scripts
- Used JIRA to track bug issues and change management
- Splunk deployment, configuration and maintenance across a variety of UNIX and Windows platformsfor creating Libraries, projects and jobs in Build forge for automating the build and deploy processes
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, Chef, Maven & Nexus in Linux environment.
- Actively involved in monitoring server performance, network traffic to reduce performance bottleneck by enhanced performance ensuring upstream queuing.
- Used Maven Responsible dependency management system to deploy snapshot and artifacts to Nexus to share artifacts across projects and environments.
- Resolved system issues and inconsistencies in coordination with quality assurance and engineering teams.
- Integration of Maven/Nexus, Jenkins, Urban Code Deploy with Patterns/Release, Git , Confluence, JIRA
Environment: Maven,RedhatLinux, Unix,Jira, Jenkins, Nexus, Git, JIRA, Apache/Tomcat server, shell scripts, Perl scripts
- Maintaining several servers running UNIX, Linux Red Hat and Windows operating systems, supporting organization network monitoring tools
- Total system architecture was developed, by design requirements and made certain total system is integrated, tested and verified.
- Installed and administered Tomcat repository to deploy the artifacts generated by Maven and to store the dependent jars, which are used during the build.
- Manage Local Area Networks (LAN) and Wide Area Networks (WAN) . Performs installation, maintenance and upgrades to all equipment located on the stake holder’s sites, to include Cisco, Juniper and other networking devices.
- Ensure total system architecture is developed, that design requirements are met and managed and the total systemis integrated, tested and verified.
- Managing users and group creation, deletion, locking/unlocking, resetting passwords, and controlling password aging, user labeling compliance remediation and controlling user account expiry.
- Extensive knowledge in Change Management processes using various tools such as Jenkins Deployment Manager as a mechanism to roll out releases to test, UAT, and production environment.
- Installed, managed and implemented various java (JDK7) applications on multiple UNIX platforms.
- Demonstrated ability with server and data storage hardware concepts with ability to conduct basic hardware and software sizing.
- Install software, apply patches, manage file systems, monitor performance and troubleshoot alerts from commercial, open source and locally developed applications and tools.
- Provide support of in-house mail system. This includes daily maintenance and all software and hardware upgrades.
- Performed automated installations of Operating systemusing kickstart for Red Hat EnterpriseLinux 5/6 and Jumpstart Linux.
- Create the Connection Pool and Data Source for Connecting the Oracle Database.
Environment: Maven, Tomcat, Red Hat EnterpriseLinux, UNIX, Tomcat, Maven