IT professional with over 15 years of total IT experience, primarily in Windows Dev Ops Engineering, ALM, Build and Release Management, SCM Administration, Source Code Administration, (VS, SVN, TFS, GIT, GitHub). Management of largescale and small Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery CI/CD, systems via (CCNet, Jenkins, TFS, VSTS, TeamCity, Octopus Deploy, AWS, Azure, etc). Expertise’s also include Network Administration, Windows Server Administration, Agile/Scrum IT Project Management and Software Release Coordination.
- AWS EC2 Server, S3, Configuration/Management
- Azure Resource Server Configuration/Management
- CI/CD using, TFS/VSTS, Jenkins, MS Build, Octopus Deploy, PowerShell Scripting, Windows Batch Scripting
- Monitoring AppDynamic, New Relic, Nagios, Icinga
- Load Balancer (Citrix, F5) Prod Deployment Support
- Production Operations Tier III Escalation Support
- SDLC, ALM, SCM, VC, Administration/Configurations
- Networking principals (TCP/IP, VLANS, DNS, etc.)
- ITIL/ITSM Foundation Best Practices
- Windows Server 2003/08/12/16 Administration
- IIS Configurations AppPool, WebApps, Host Headers, Certificates, Logging
- Directory Services, Security, AD, LDAP, etc.
- Source Control management, TFS, GIT, GitHub, SVN, Change/Tracking
- Version, Labeling, Branching, Merging, Tagging
- Microsoft SQL 2008/12/14 Administration
- Build and Compiler knowledge for (.NET, Nodejs, C#, C/C++, VBA, ASP.NET, etc.)
Sr. Release Engineer
Confidential, Glendale, CA
- Lead build, configuration and deployment CI/CD SDLC for internal and external web applications utilizing TFS, GitHub, Jenkins, Octopus Deploy, Batch and PowerShell scripting. Deployed and configured web applications across the Windows Server farm including ASP.NET, WCF, Websites, Rest, SOAP API’s, SQL scripts etc. Create detailed build and deployment plan s for upcoming release including all components, production impact, resources needed, change duration, rollback plan, etc. in an agile environment.
- Performed CI/CD automation, enhancements and or maintenance of existing CI/CD infrastructure, Utilizing Batch and PowerShell ensuring policies were consistent for CI/CD techniques across multiple systems. Utilized Atlassian suite including JIRA workflow automation and Confluence to track and document SCM across all deployments to all region, Dev, QA, Staging, and Production. Provided tier 3 production support for core applications utilizing Windows Server monitoring tools and application monitoring using AppDynamics, New Relic, Nagios.
- Managed TFS/GitHub repositories and branching strategy to support multiple concurrent projects for parallel development efforts. Performed GitHub/TFS merging to Main/Master. Spearheaded SCM best practices, standardize processes, Build/CI/CD tools across systems so execution follows same policies and procedures.
Sr. IT Production Support Engineer
Confidential, Glendale, CA
- Created, Implementing, and launched end to end CD Continuous Delivery deployment solution utilizing TFS, Octopus Deploy and custom PowerShell scripting to deploy various software packages. Automated deployment of core application reducing deployment removing all manual actions and reducing deployment duration by 90 percent increasing efficiency. Deployed and configured internal built applications across Windows Server including ASP.NET, WCF, Websites, Rest API’s, etc.
- Implemented utilized PowerShell scripting Batch scripting and Octopus Deploy a temporary deployment solutions to be used during the migration. Provided Operations escalation support for core applications utilizing Windows Server monitoring tools and application monitoring using AppDynamics. Lead cross team coordination, collaboration, communication to reach across functional team borders to insure successful deployment and minimize downtime.
- Severed as primary resource for SCM duties including installation and Configuration of new AWS and Azure Windows Servers 2012/2016 including administration and network configuration. Installed and Configured AWS Service integration for Windows Server 2008/12/16. Install and Configured IIS 6.0/7.5 for Windows Server including HTTP Headers and AppPool Configurations. Utilized Service Now suite for workflow automation and procedural SCM document sharing. Provided Windows Server systems manager best practice support for IT operations and standards for application changes or implementations including 3rd Party applications.
Release/Platform Engineering Lead
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
- Manage Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery for .Net applications utilizing TFS, VSTS, VS Release Management tools. Responsibilities included but were not limited to Windows Server 2012/2016 administration and network configuration. Configured AWS Service integration for Windows Server including security and access protocols. Installed and Configured IIS 6.0/7.5 for Windows Server including HTTP Headers and App Pool Configurations. Installed and configured .net 4.5 / .net 3.5 client configurations for ASP.net web applications
- Responsible for Deploying software to Dev, QA, and Production environments using TFS Continuous Integration, Octopus Deploy and custom scripting to deploy internal and external software packages. Maintain release requirements for upcoming software releases using various change tracking software packages (Jira, Release Tracker, and TFS Team Foundation Server. Implement and maintain Scripting deployment and monitoring solutions via PowerShell, Nant, Automation scripting, monitoring using New Relic and AppDynamics.
- Installed and Configured AWS Service integration for Windows Server 2008/12/16. Maintain and provide application change Runbooks/Reports which include up to date change request, accurate component details, which can be used to produce metric based on system changes.
- Provide troubleshooting support for production environments issues using various monitoring and or logging tools and insuring minimization of downtime. Responsible for development and or scripting in various windows scripting languages PowerShell, batch, Windows Server, etc, to build robust and scalable automation to improve and optimize in house applications support and troubleshooting.
- Provided continued effort to utilize SCM and ALM best practices while analyzing and adhering to IT processes while working closely and within the IT groups guidelines. Utilizing internal and external tools to provide support for the Microsoft Technologies and frameworks being used SQL Server, ASP.NET, WCF, Web API, etc. Create detailed build and deployment plans for upcoming release including all components, production impact, resources needed, change duration, rollback plan, etc in an agile environment. Lead cross team coordination, collaboration, communication to reach across functional team borders to insure successful deployment and minimize downtime.
Release Engineering Manager
Confidential, Burbank, CA
- Provided continued effort to utilize SCM and ALM best practices while analyzing and adhering to IT processes while managing Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery for .Net applications utilizing TFS, CCNet, NAnt, Batch scripting Release. Complete management of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) for web services, website, Java base Blu - ray player code, and stand-alone applications.
- Management of Release Engineering team resources and workload time allocation. Management of source code repositories (SVN), including merging, branching, and tagging strategies. Ensure that code is well-organized, labeled, and manage source code access, including access by offshore and or remote groups. Managed multiple concurrent projects using branching for parallel project development efforts, along with release to QA promotion.
- Responsible for the automation, enhance and maintenance of existing software build process/infrastructure, and ensure consistent build techniques across in-house multiple systems. Implement SCM best practices, standardize processes and development tools across systems to streamline and automate the build and release processes. Work with management and development teams to ensure CM architecture for applications meets the CM needs of the organization with the least amount of overhead to the development processes.
- Performed build failure troubleshooting using Microsoft Visual Studio development environment to identify build issues or failures are code specific and providing failure information to development for immediate fix. Provided daily support to QA team for SCM or environment related issue, server-side issue, client-side issue along with IIS and NetScaler support.
- Utilizing XML base applications and tools to automate process and test in-house built web services.
- Provide first level system admin support for Dev, QA, Staging, and Production environments.
Confidential, Westlake Village, CA
- Responsibilities included but were not limited to managing Software Configuration and Release Management for multiple large scale, multi-tier systems. Implement and maintain a fully functional build environment. Produce automated software builds using variety of open source, scripting and proprietary tools.
- Package software releases for delivery to QA and Production.
- Maintain and administer Source Code Control Systems Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS). Website administration via IIS 5.0 IIS 6.0.
- Managed, tracked and document the Dev, QA, Staging, and Production deployments and oversee test coordination. Provided continued effort to utilize SCM and ALM best practices while analyzing and adhering to IT processes.
- Configuration of Microsoft Windows Server, Windows Server Security, IIS Web Application, Task Scheduling and Daily Job Automation/Execution.