- Around 8 years of comprehensive experience in the areas of designing, developing, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Continuous Deployment and Continuous Monitoring of Enterprise level distributed applications.
- Experience on AWS platform and its dimensions of scalability including EC2, S3, Route53, ELB, EBS, VPC, AMI, SNS, RDS, IAM, Auto Scaling, CloudFront, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Security Groups.
- Experienced in developing templates for AWS infrastructure as a code using Terraform to build staging and production environments.
- Experience in writing AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom size VPC, Subnets, NAT, EC2 instances, ELB’s and Security groups.
- Expertise in using Amazon IAM to grant fine - grained access to AWS resources to users. Also, managed roles and permissions of users to AWS account through IAM.
- Experienced in using AWS elastic bean stack as Platform as a service (PaaS) to manage the AWS cloud environment.
- Experience in working as a DevOps Engineer, Build & Release Engineer, System Administrator operations process and tools area (Code review, unit test automation, Build & Release automation, SCM, Incident and Change Management).
- Hands-on experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous deployment using the tools Jenkins, Chef, Git, and Docker.
- Experience in administration and maintenance of source control management systems such as GIT and Sub Version, created tags and branches, fixed merge issues and administration software repositories.
- Hands-on experience with Docker Containers and Tomcat servers for application deployment.
- Implemented a CI/CD pipeline involving GitLab, Jenkins, Chef, Docker, and Selenium for complete automation from commit to deployment.
- Hands on experience with configuring continuous integration within a development environment using tools such as Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, Git.
- Extensively worked with Puppet on developing modules and manifests to automate infrastructure provisioning and configuration management across multiple nodes in the cluster.
- Experience in using build tools like MAVEN and ANT for the building of deployable artifacts such as war, jar& ear from source code.
- Hands on experience in configuring boot process, partitioning hard drive, creating and mounting file systems/swap storage, configuring networking and software applications management in Linux/Unix.
- Strong coding/scripting skills like Linux BASH Shell, Python to automate various jobs in the build pipeline.
- Monitoring Tools such as Splunkfor Resource Monitoring/Network Monitoring/Log Trace Monitoring.
- Good knowledge and hands on Experience in some monitoring tools like Data log, New Relic, Cacti etc.
- Experience automating deployments on Servers using J Boss, Tomcat, Web Sphere.
Cloud Technologies: AWS, AZURE
Configuration Management: Ansible, Chef, Puppet
Integration Tools: Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo
Containerization Tool: Docker, Kubernetes
Development/Build Tools: ANT, MAVEN, Gradle
Version Control: Git, Git Hub, Bitbucket
Scripting languages: Shell, Bash, Python, Perl
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Splunk
Operating Systems: Linux (Red hat, CentOS), UNIX (HP-UX, Solaris) and Windows Server
Web Application Servers: WebLogic, Tomcat, Apache http
Databases: Oracle, MS SQL Server, MySQL
Virtualization: Oracle Virtual Box, VMware, WebSphere
Methodologies: Agile, Scrumand Waterfall
Confidential - Freehold, NJ
AWS DevOps Engineer
- Created AWS EC2 instances for installing, configuring and troubleshooting on various Amazon images like Amazon Linux AMI, RedHat, and Ubuntu.
- Developed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, EC2 instances, ELB, Security Groups.
- Worked on Terraform for managing the infrastructure through the terminal sessions and executed the scripts and created alarms and notifications for EC2 instances using Cloud Watch.
- Configured and Managed Elastic Load Balancing (ELB) for fault tolerance, and network load balancing and to avoid single point failure of applications.
- Used security groups, network ACLs, Internet Gateways, NAT instances and Route tables to build a secure zone environment for organizations in AWS public cloud.
- Worked on AWS API Gateway for custom domain and Record sets in Route53 for applications hosted in AWS Environment.
- Developed GIT hooks for the local repository, code commit and remote repository, code push functionality and worked on the GitHub.
- Built scripts using MAVEN build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments and Configured GIT with Jenkins and schedule jobs using POLL SCM option.
- Built end to end CI/CD Pipelines in Jenkins to retrieve code, compile applications, perform tests and push build artifacts to Nexus and Orchestrate changes across servers and components.
- Used Ansible and Ansible Tower as Configuration management tool, to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploys critical applications, and proactively manages change.
- Extensively worked on creating Docker file, build the images, running Docker containers and managing application by using Docker Cloud.
- Worked on Docker Engine, Docker HUB, Docker Images, Docker Compose for handling images for installations and domain configurations.
- Having good implementation experience with installation and configuration of Kubernetes, clustering them and managed local deployments in Kubernetes.
- Managed Kubernetes Charts using Helm and created reproducible builds of the Kubernetes.
- Strong use of Shell scripting languages including BASH for Linux and Mac platforms and PowerShell for Windows systems.
- Used Ansible to Setup/teardown of ELK stack (Elastic search, Log stash, Kibana) and troubleshooted the build issues with ELK.
- Experienced in keeping up and looking at log archives using monitoring tools like CloudWatch, Nagios, Splunk, ELK Stack and App Dynamics.
- Experience in using Splunk for log analyzing and improving the performance of servers and wrote several custom Splunk queries for monitoring and alerting.
Confidential - Ashburn, VA
- Used SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) to import the Logs data into SQL Server and Worked in dealing with Windows Azure IaaS - Virtual Networks, Virtual Machines, Cloud Services, Resource Groups, GCP Express Route, Traffic Manager, VPN, Load Balancing, Application Gateways, and Auto-Scaling.
- Experience in Private Cloud and Hybrid Cloud configurations, patterns, and practices in Windows Azure and SQL Azure and in Azure Web and database deployments.
- Worked as an administrator on Microsoft Azure and part of DevOps Team for internal projects Automation and Build Configuration management. Involved in configuring virtual machines, storage accounts, and resource groups.
- Creating repositories, branches, tags in GitHub and assist the developers to fix merging issues and creating local, virtual repositories in Artifactory for the project.
- Worked on AWS Cloud to provision new Instances, S3 Storage Services, AWS, EC2, Cloud watch Services and CI/CD pipeline management through Jenkins.
- Experience with Configuration Management Tools like Chef and responsible for managing the chef client nodes and upload the cookbooks to chef-server from workstation.
- Experience with setting up Chef Infra, Bootstrapping Nodes, Creating and uploading Chef recipes, Chef node convergence in Chef SCM.
- Used Chef Knife, Ohia to create Chef Cookbooks and Recipes to install packages, that automate with Linux and Setting up Chef Cookbooks to perform builds and deployment management.
- Experience in creating Docker containers leveraging existing Linux Containers and AMI's in addition to creating Docker containers from scratchand alsoCreated additional Docker Slave Nodes for Jenkins using custom Docker Images and pulled them to ECR.
- Created Clusters using Kubernetes and worked on creating many pods, replication controllers, Services, Deployments, Labels, health checks and ingress by writing YAML filesandConfigured Kubernetes Plugin for Jenkins agents to be dynamically provisioned on a Kubernetes cluster.
- Deployed and configured Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana (ELK) for log analytics, full text search, application Monitoring in integration with AWS Lambda and CloudWatch.
- Configure Continuous Integration from source control, setting up build definition within Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS) and configure Continuous Delivery to automate the deployment of ASP.NET MVC applications to Azure web apps.
- Automate the Build and Deploy of all internal Java &SC environments using various Continuous Integration Tools and scripting languages (Python, Shell, and PowerShell).
- Worked with JIRA as defect tracking system and configure various workflows, customizations and plug-ins for Jira bug/issue tracker and Depended on Confluence for documenting about the progress of Projects and Sprints.
- Experience in implementing and administering the monitoring tool Nagios for monitoring and alerting Services for servers, Switches, Applications and Services.
- Used Nagios for monitoring, Configuration, Deployment and Testing purpose and developed scripts, which are to be executed as checks by Nagios for execution in both Windows and Linux environments.
DevOps - Build & Release Engineer
- Managed code by maintaining code repository in GIT, improve practices of branching and code Merge to custom needs of development team.
- Initiated responsibility for administering the SVN and GIT servers which included install, upgrade, backup, adding users, creating repository/branches, performance tuning, troubleshooting issues and maintenance.
- Installed and configured Jenkins for Automating Deployments and providing an automation solution.
- Integrated GIT into Jenkins to automate the code check-out process and used Jenkins for automating builds and automating Deployments.
- Maintain and track inventory using Jenkins and set alerts when the servers are full and need attention.
- Developed processes, tools, automation for Jenkins based software for build system and delivering SW Builds.
- Creation of Build &Release Plan, collection, analysis & presentation of Project Metrics on weekly basis.
- Developed and supported the Software Release Management, Configuration management deployments in puppet and its procedures.
- Involved in Create/Enhance/automate build and deployment processes for each release and backup, restore and upgrade.
- Performed all necessary day-to-day Subversion support for different projects.
- Experience in installing, Configuring, Upgrading puppet on Linux, Windows based environments.
- Experience in Setting, configuring roster file for using SSH in Puppet
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Subversion Repositories, views and the access control strategies.
- Identifying Cross Functional Dependencies, Monitoring & tracking the release milestones.
- Performing Risk Analysis, preparing Mitigation Strategies & Contingency Plans.
- Coordinating Release effort amongst various teams (Test Driven Development, QA, and Business Analysis) ingeographically separated environment.
- Created Puppet Manifests and modules to automate system operations. Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using Cloud Watch
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Setup and build AWS infrastructure various resources, VPC EC2, S3, IAM, EBS, Security Group, Auto
- Scaling, and RDS in Cloud Formation JSON templates.
- Extensively used the JSON objects with AJAX for UI displays.
- Build release of Cloud based products containing Linux and Windows environments, using Python Scripting.
- Writing shell scripts for automation of daily tasks, documenting the changes that happen in the environment and in each server, analyzing the error logs and analyzing the user logs.
- Installation, configuration and administration ofredhat Linux 5.x/6.x, Solaris 10, centos, ubuntu, openSUSE, Debian, fedora comprising of testing, tuning,upgrading and loading patches, troubleshooting both physical and virtual server issues.
- System builds, server builds, install, upgrades, patches, migration, troubleshooting, security, backup, disaster recovery, performance monitoring and fine-tuning on red hat Linux systems.
- Troubleshooting network related issues using packet capturing software such as iptables, topwrappers, netstat, traceroute.
- Used service management facility for enabling, disabling and also troubleshooting services in maintenance mode.
- Hands on experience in performing system administration for Linux distributions such as Debian,centos,fedora, redhat enterprise Linux.
- Created and modified users’ groups with Sudo permissions and Configured inbound and outbound firewall rules to secure the traffic flow.
- Responsible for monitoring various server’s performance ensuring security and stability with the help of available UNIX abilities.
- Worked on network configuration of Red Hat server and firewall configuration for the ware house environment.
- Hands-on experience in installing and configuring SSH ( secure shell) encryption to access on ubuntu and red hat Linux securely.