- Around 7 years of industry experience in Linux Administration, DevOps and Cloud Implementations.
- Experience in Server infrastructure development on AWS Cloud, extensive usage of EC2, IAM, RDS, S3, EBS, Route53, ECS, VPC, CloudFormation, CloudWatch, lambda, DynamoDB, SNS, SQS, CloudTrail, AWS Config.
- Build servers using AWS, importing volumes, launching EC2, RDS, creating security groups, Auto - scaling, Elastic load balancing (ELB) in the defined virtual private connection.
- Setting up databases in AWS using RDS, storage using S3 bucket and configuring instance backups to S3bucket.
- Have knowledge on the basic functionality that GCP (Google Cloud Platform) provides such as load balancing, auto scaling, draining, subnetting, connection peering, etc.
- Designed pipelines in GitLab for dev teams to automate deployments.
- Integrated Aquasec in pipelines to scan the docker images for vulnerabilities.
- Monitored infrastructure using Datadog and made dashboards around the collected metrics.
- Utilized Amazon Route53 to manage DNS zones for end users to internet application.
- Experience in Creating JSON templets in CloudFormation to manage AWS resources.
- Experience in running web scale services on Amazon Web Services.
- Expertise in Querying RDBMS such as Oracle, MySQL and SQL Server by using SQL for data integrity.
- Worked on NoSQL databases like Cassandra, MongoDB.
- Extensively worked with source code Version Control tools like SVN (Subversion), GIT, GitHub, Bitbucket.
- Expertise in using build tools like Ant, Maven, Gradle for the building deployable artifacts such as Jar, War, Ear and Zip extension files.
- Worked on Hudson, Jenkins for continuous integration and for End to End automation for all build and deployments.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and GitHub and AWS AMI's, whenever a GitHub branch gets started, Jenkins, our Continuous Integration server, automatically attempts to build a new Docker container from it.
- Exposure to Kubernetes on DC/OS, DC/OS cluster environment for application deployments.
- Efficient experience in using Nexus and Artifactory Repository managers for Ant, Maven and Gradle builds.
- Used Ant, Maven and Gradle as a build tools on java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source codes.
- Expertise in Application Deployments & Environment configuration using Chef, Puppet and Ansible.
- Involved in writing Python and shell scripts for compilation and deployment process, uDeploy which execute the automated CI and release management process.
- Experience in writing Shell, PowerShell, Groovy, Perl, Ruby and Python scripts to automate the deployments.
- Expert in deploying the code through web/application servers like WebLogic, Apache, Tomcat, JBOSS, Nginx.
- Developed automated unit tests & functional tests using the test suites JUnit, SoapUI and Selenium.
- Monitored the servers & applications using Nagios and Splunk.
- Worked on creating and implementing application monitoring, and logging strategies using Logstash, Elasticsearch, Zabbix and Kibana.
- Experience in using Ticketing & Bug tracking tools like JIRA, Rally and used SonarQube for automated code review.
- Extensive experience in Linux/Unix system Administration in Installation, configuration, tuning, security, backup, recovery, and Operating System upgrade on Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), SUN Solaris.
- Experience in reviewing system logs files for errors, settings up CRON jobs for backups and monitoring process.
- Experience in Setup and maintenance of NFS, DNS, NIS, and TCP/IP network and knowledge in LDAP Server.
- Worked on Installation/upgrading TSM on Unix Servers, Developed and executed test plans for Veritas Cluster with Netapp SAN.
- Strong ability to troubleshoot any issues generated while building, deploying and in production support.
- Good Interpersonal Skills, quickly adapt to new environments and learn modern technologies.
Cloud Technologies: AWS EC2, ECS, S3, IAM, RDS, ELB, Lambda, EBS, SNS, SQS, CloudWatch, CloudFormation, DynamoDB, VPC, Route53, CloudTrail, AWS Config.
DBMS: Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, MongoDB, Cassandra.
Tools: CVS, Subversion, GitHub, Bitbucket, GitLab, Ant, Maven, Gradle, Hudson, TeamCity, Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Docker, DC/OS, Kubernetes, Packer, Aquasec, Datadog, Nagios, Splunk, Kong, Confluence, JIRA, Rally.
Scripting Languages: Shell, Perl, Ruby, Python, Groovy, PowerShell.
Web/App servers: WebLogic, JBOSS, Apache, Tomcat.
Operating System: UNIX, Sun Solaris, Red Hat Linux, SUSE, Ubuntu, CentOS, Windows.
Confidential - Chicago, IL
- Worked on AWS to spin up resources on cloud via Ansible to support the Kubernetes infrastructure.
- Spin up EC2 instances, ELBs, Route53 entries all using Ansible. Bootstrapped machines from Ansible itself.
- Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups.
- Creating users and groups using AWS IAM and assigning individual policies to each group.
- Creating S3 buckets and maintained and utilized the policy management of S3 buckets and Glacier for storage and backup on AWS.
- Worked on administrative activities to maintain the DC/OS cluster running on cloud EC2 instances.
- Have undergone training on how to provision GCP (Google Cloud Platform) machines with attached storages.
- Performed upgrade, backup and restore of DC/OS clusters all using Ansible. Written automation scripts to do the backup of various components and also verify the backup via restoring.
- Used Kubernetes to orchestrate the blue green deployments, scaling and management of Docker Containers. Helm helps to manage Kubernetes applications.
- Administered the Kubernetes clusters. Create Kubernetes environments using DC/OS and provide to dev/application teams. Make sure the Kubernetes environment is always up and available.
- Work with development teams to architect and build out infrastructure to run their code in a scalable, efficient, and optimized fashion.
- Used Ansible Tower, which provides an easy-to- use dashboard and role-based access control, so that it is easier to allow individual teams access to use Ansible for their deployments.
- Gitlab and related repository management such as User management, CI/CD pipeline management, Gitlab container registry management.
- Worked on supporting end to end pipelines in Jenkins to build out Docker images and stored in ECR.
- Developed GIT hooks for the local repository, code commit and remote repository, code push functionality and worked on the GitHub.
- Writing shell scripts to automate manual and repetitive tasks. Responsible for modifying and tuning existing scripts.
- Worked with Aquasec to scan container images and serverless functions for known vulnerabilities, embedded secrets, configuration and permission issues, malware and open-source licensing.
- Monitoring the complete setup using data dog such as Sending server metrics to Datadog, Designing dashboards around the metrics data, Setup relevant alerts to know downtimes as they happen.
- Troubleshooting issues in Kubernetes and Unix/RedHat Linux enterprise environment affecting customer's deadlines and productivity in a manner that minimizes intrusions in customers' ability to carry out critical business activities.
Environment: AWS, DC/OS, Kubernetes, Docker, GitHub, GitLab, Ansible, Aquasec, Datadog, Jenkins, Kong, Shell Scripting, Splunk, Confluence, Rally, CentOS, Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
Confidential - Bellevue, WA
DevOps / AWS Engineer
- Implemented Organization's DevOps strategy in Linux and windows environment and adopted cloud strategies using Amazon Web Services.
- Created AWS cloud formation templates to create custom-sized VPC, subnets, EC2 instances, ELB, security groups. Managed other AWS Services like S3, Cloud Front, Cloud Watch, RDS, Kinesis, Redshift Cluster, Route53, SNS, SQS, CloudWatch, AWS Config, Cloud Trail.
- Created S3 buckets and managed policies for S3 buckets and utilized S3 Buckets and Glacier for storage, backup and archived in AWS and worked on setting up and maintenance of Auto-Scaling AWS stacks.
- Configuring and Networking of Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Written CloudFormation templates and deployed AWS resources using it.
- Creating users and groups using IAM and assigning individual policies to each group.
- Created multiple new AWS accounts for dev, test and prod environments to the application teams as per the requirement.
- Provisioned the highly available EC2 instances using Terraform and CloudFormation templates, wrote new plugins to support new functionality in Terraform and involved in using terraform migrate legacy and monolithic systems to Amazon Web Services.
- Implemented Blue/Green deployments with AWS CodeDeploy where new version of application is tested in deployment other than in-place deployment and then traffic is diverted into the latest deployment.
- Wrote quires to retrieve the data from NoSQL databases like MongoDB, Elasticsearch, to retrieve logs from the database.
- Worked on CQL (Cassandra Query Language), for retrieving the data present in Cassandra cluster by running queries in CQL.
- Setting up the build and deployment automation for Java base project by using Jenkins and Maven.
Implemented Continuous Delivery pipeline with Bitbucket, Jenkins, Docker and AWS AMI's.
- Creating and maintaining golden images using packer. Building Docker image with Packer and provisioning with Kubernetes by using Docker Packer Builder.
- Designed, wrote and maintained systems (Python) for administering GIT, by using Jenkins as a full cycle continuous delivery tool involving package creation, distribution and deployment onto tomcat application servers via shell scripts embedded into Jenkins jobs.
- Deployed Kubernetes clusters on top of amazon EC2 instances using KOPS and managed local deployments in Kubernetes creating local clusters and deploying application containers and building/maintaining docker container clusters managed by Kubernetes and deployed Kubernetes using helm charts.
- Developed Docker images to support Development and Testing Teams and their pipelines and distributed Jenkins, JMeter images, and Elastic Search, Log stash & Kibana (ELK).
- Written Chef Cookbooks for various DB configurations to modularize and optimize product configuration, converting production support scripts to Chef Recipes and AWS server provisioning using Chef Recipes. Wrote Wrapper cookbooks, recipes and utilized community cookbooks as well.
- Created Inventory for automation in Ansible and wrote Playbooks with Python SSH wrapper to manage configurations of AWS nodes and test Playbooks on AWS instances using Python.
- Worked on integrating application logs with Splunk and wrote several custom Splunk queries for monitoring and alerting.
- Installed, configured and managed Resource Monitoring tools, such as Nagios.
- Involved in setting up JIRA as defect tracking system and configured various workflows, customizations and plugins for the JIRA bug/issue tracker.
- Used Confluence for technical documentation.
- Deployments and involved in working for a high scalability and high availability environment running Linux and Windows.
Environment: AWS, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Cassandra, Bitbucket, Maven, Jenkins, Nexus, Ansible, Terraform, chef, Packer, Docker, Kubernetes, Python, Nagios, Splunk, Confluence, JIRA, Apache, Tomcat, Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
Confidential - Burlington, MA
- Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3, IAM, RDS, EBS, ECS, Route53, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups, Lambda, AWS CLI services using API’s.
- Configured S3 versioning and lifecycle policies to and backup files and archive files in Glacier.
- Understanding of secure-cloud configuration (CloudTrail, AWS Config), networking services (VPC, VPN) and created roles (IAM).
- Configured AWS VPC with public and private subnets, configured Routing tables, Internet gateway, ACL's, Security groups.
- Established AWS CloudWatch monitoring policies to establish EC2 instance performance benchmarks.
- Created JSON templets in CloudFormation to manage AWS resources.
- Developed python modules to automate processes in AWS (AWS cloud formations/ Ec2, boot API).
- Troubleshooting any performance or configuration issues with MySQL and Oracle.
- Used MySQL, DynamoDB and ElastiCache to perform basic database administration.
- Implemented and maintained the branching and build/release strategies utilizing Subversion (SVN) and GIT involved in periodic archiving and storage of the source code for disaster recovery.
- Creating repositories, branches, tags in GIT and assist the developers to fix merging issues and Creating Local, Virtual Repositories in Artifactory for the project and release builds, repository management in Maven/ Gradle to share snapshots and releases of internal projects using Artifactory tool.
- Whenever a new GIT branch gets started, our CI tool Jenkins automatically attempts to build a new AWS ECS/ Docker container from it.
- Worked on creating Maven scripts to build and deploy Java/J2EE, Oracle ADF and Oracle SOA based enterprise.
- Build Jenkins jobs to create Infrastructure from GitHub repositories containing Terraform code.
- Creating Project XML, Project URI using different Endpoints, Resources/Methods and Groovy Scripting for Rest services
- Container management using Docker by writing Docker files and set up the automated build on Docker HUB.
- Worked on Docker container snapshots, attaching to a running container removing, image managing, directory structures.
- Experience in network administration, deploying and troubleshooting of DNS, LDAP, NIS, NFS and DHCP.
- Written chef cookbooks and recipes to provision several pre-prod environments consisting of Cassandra DB installations.
- Worked on Puppet Master and Puppet Agents to manage and configure nodes.
- Designing and developing micro services using Node.js and Java technologies with REST based APIs while communicating with each other
- Written PowerShell script to automate Active Directory and server tasks and generate reports for administrators and management.
- Writing multiple scripts on Python, Perl, Ruby and Bash Shell for different tasks in company.
- Deployed the Java, HTML applications into web/application servers like Apache, Tomcat and WebLogic servers.
- Installed and Configured Apache HTTP server with SQL and PHP Support.
- Involved in validating Sanity, functional, Integration and Regression test suites using Selenium and the request and response of the Web Services (SOA) through SoapUI.
- Extensively used AppDynamics for performance monitoring and involved in various performance testing operations.
- Installed, Configured, Managed monitoring tools such as Splunk, Nagios for Resource Monitoring/Network Monitoring/Log Trace Monitoring.
- Integrated SonarQube to validate the code quality and block the merge on the GIT.
- Create and contribute to documentation in confluence.
- Managed all the bugs and changes into a production environment using the JIRA tracking tool.
- Releasing code to testing regions or staging areas according to the schedule published.
Environment: EC2, IAM, S3, ECS, EBS, Route53, ELB, CloudTrail, AWS Config, CloudWatch, Lambda, CloudFormation, Oracle, MySQL, DynamoDB, ElastiCache, Cassandra, SVN, GIT, Terraform, Maven, Gradle, Artifactory, Jenkins, Groovy, Docker, Chef, Puppet, Apache, Tomcat, WebLogic, PowerShell, PHP, Python, Perl, Ruby, Bash Shell, Nagios, Confluence, JIRA.
Build / Release Engineer
- Management of Customer Requirements and documentation of the Project Plan as per the requirements.
- Experienced working with SVN environment and configuring the version tool for the project development.
- Diagnosed and solved Configuration Management issues related to defect tracking and version management, also involved in migration within Version tools like CVS and SVN.
- Branched and merged code line in the Subversion and resolved all the conflicts rose during the merges.
- Integrated various provisioning and monitoring modules into a single platform using Jenkins/Hudson CI tools.
- Configured and maintained Hudson/Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Ant and Maven to schedule the builds.
- Used Nexus for artifacts sharing and handling dependency management with in the company.
- Customize chef cookbooks and configure chef servers to automate server deployment.
- Developed and maintained UNIX/Perl/Ant scripts for build and release tasks.
- Used Oracle to connect to various databases and to check for the invalid objects after and before each release.
- Maintaining/installing/Patching ESX Cluster on VMware and install Linux virtual Machines over it.
- Worked on Apache and Tomcat servers for hosting web apps.
- Deployed web and enterprise applications on JBoss application server in a channel secure environment.
- Used Remedy to track the Change requests and Release requests for all the approvals and signoffs and other necessary attributes.
- Worked with JIRA as Ticketing & Bug tracking tool.
- Installation and configuration of CM related software in UNIX and Windows environments, using UNIX commands and Windows Navigation.
- Identifying Cross Functional Dependencies, Monitoring & tracking the release milestones.
- Team activities other than work related, in the process of on-boarding and encouragement were done.
Environment: CVS, SVN, Hudson, Jenkins, Ant, Maven, Nexus, Chef, Shell, Perl, Oracle, VMware, Apache, Tomcat, JBoss, Remedy, JIRA, UNIX Shell, Windows.Confidential
Unix / Linux Administrator
- Responsible for installation, configuration and administration of Sun Solaris and Red Hat Enterprise Linux on x86 architecture.
- Installed and configured of hardware and OS on servers, workstations and I/O devices on E4500 environment.
- Managed the User and Application Account creations and deletions for the SUN Servers. This includes setting up SUDO access for DBA and application account access.
- Created mount points for Server directories, and mounted directories on the Servers.
- Co-ordinate with web admin team in installation of BEA WebLogic Server.
- Setup and maintained NFS, DNS, NIS, and TCP/IP network and knowledge in LDAP Server.
- Maintaining network and data security and, Setting up SSH and SCP features between SUN systems and other UNIX hosts.
- Building the Red hat Linux server in VMware ESX client through vSphere client.
- Reviewing system logs files for errors, settings up CRON jobs for backups and monitoring process.
- Automated routine jobs by developing Perl and Bash shell scripts.
- Configuration and Administration of Apache Web Server and SSL certificates and involved in configuration of Virtual Hosts for Apache HTTP Server.
- Installed/upgrade TSM on Unix Servers, Developed and executed test plans for Veritas Cluster with Netapp SAN.
- Managed file permissions & ownership for important directories & files.
- Administered security, users, groups administration and daily backup and restore operations, networking service, performance, and resource monitoring and Performed Disaster Recovery management procedures.
- Administration responsibilities include user, group, disk, and security management, File sharing Permissions.
- Generated reports to show the trends of resource utilization user/CPU/network load.
- Involved in preparation of functional and system specifications, estimated storage requirements for applications.
Environment: Sun Solaris, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, VMware, WebLogic, Sun Servers, NFS, NIS, LDAP, Bash shell, Perl, Veritas Cluster Server, Oracle, Apache.